Mozu Conquest Lunatic

Spectraman

Hey guys, so I am on Chapter 7 of Conquest Lunatic and I wanted to ask you guys for tips on how to train mozu early in the game. I need help on training her in her own paralogue so she doesn't come to the maps under leveled, do you guys recommend any ways on tackling it. Also, when do I heart seal her into an archer because I plan on using her during my play through.

23 minutes ago, Spectraman said:

Also, when do I heart seal her into an archer because I plan on using her during my play through.

No point in waiting Heart Seal right away, Underdog isn't that good. Being able to attack from a distance will make it easier for her to earn experience, and it'll let her work on building her bow rank sooner.

While I only play on Hard Classic, I guess that most recommendations hold true for Lunatic.

Archer Mozu has been one of my two MVP's on all my campaigns, mainly because she shots critical hits about every two hits, and this is before promotion (into Sniper), as long as she has a Killer Bow. Her accuracy is almost a necessity for bosses with high evasion, like the ninja boss from chapter 17 and the one from the wind chapter.

I recruit her after chapter 8 if the one Heart Seal from the Staves Store is available, or after chapter 9 otherwise (Haitaka gives you another one.) On her recruitment chapter, she should get to level 8 or 9, and gain one weapon level (from E to D.) This is my strategy:

--- Preparations
A Heart Seal, a bronze bow and a Vulnerary must be in your storage before the chapter starts.

--- View Map
- Deploy only two units: Corrin and Silas (or Mounted Jakob), to get close to Mozu as soon as possible.
- Place Silas on the south-westernmost tile.

· You must talk to Mozu within the first four turns, for she will be in range of the Faceless by turn 5.
· You may want to equip bronze weapons on Corrin and Silas, to prevent critical hits.
· Both Corrin and Silas were almost level 11 when I started this mission, right after Chapter 8.
· The eighteen normal Faceless have 9 points of Speed.

--- Turn 1
- Mark the Faceless located south-west of the bridge to get a "red grid" of its attack range. It is the trigger that you want to avoid.
1. Group Corrin with Silas and move seven tiles south.
- Two Faceless will attack Silas and a third will move to activate Attack Stance.

--- Turn 2
1. Move Silas three tiles north of the bridge (right out of the "red grid" marked on Turn 1), and kill one of the wounded Faceless.
- The other two Faceless will attack Silas and the already wounded Faceless will die.

--- Turn 3
1. Cross the bridge and head as west as possible, then heal.
- The two Faceless located south-west of the bridge will attack Silas.

--- Turn 4
1. Move to the tile east of Mozu, talk to her and heal if necessary.
2. Make Mozu enter the storage, store her lance, equip the bronze bow and the Heart Seal and use the seal.
- The two wounded Faceless will attack Silas and die.

--- Every turn from now on
1. Lure one Faceless at a time into Silas/Corrin.
2. Kill the Faceless with Mozu on Attack Stance.
· Mozu should kill the remaining fourteen normal Faceless and the Boss.

--- Boss
Leave the boss till the end and attack it with Mozu alone.
She should be level 7 or 8 by then, and deal 1 or 2 points of damage per hit (only if she were dealing zero damage, group Corrin or Silas with her.) The longer it takes, the better, for she needs to gain a weapon level, and the boss cannot attack her anyway.

You may want to play this chapter twice, because the damage calculations are specific to the level of your units and their special bonuses, like Support, tonics and meals.

Let me know if this helped you.

Edited by starburst

Mozu is actually really shit until she hits level 10 archer and picks up quick draw, past that she's pretty solid up to ch16/17 where she attains bird status (idealy with damage stack) and quite literally pierces the heavens as the highest damage kinshi in CQ not named Effie.

She's a late game invest so don't worry, just deploy her on Ch10 as an archer and feed on the endless tide of high exp birds, between this and ch11 she's pretty much guaranteed to hit that magic level 10 benchmark.

(Just dont worry about pre-ch10 exp distribution in general, the 10-13 stretch is just nothing but free exp)

Edited by joshcja

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually never used Mozu. Is she worth the early heart seal? I feel like I'm better off using it on someone else unless I'm dead set on using her. Is this correct or have I been missing out?

36 minutes ago, Centh said:

I've actually never used Mozu. Is she worth the early heart seal? I feel like I'm better off using it on someone else unless I'm dead set on using her. Is this correct or have I been missing out?

The other strong recommendation for hearts seals early in the game are Camilla to Wyvern lord. Jakob to a paladin,  and Azura/ Selena to a sky knight. As a archer, Mozu has a strong niche, considering Conquest give you  few archers and the later in the game where enemy Sky Knights are numerous. It doesn't hurt to try; just remember that there is going to be babysitting early on.

18 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The other strong recommendation for hearts seals early in the game are Camilla to Wyvern lord. Jakob to a paladin,  and Azura/ Selena to a sky knight. As a archer, Mozu has a strong niche, considering Conquest give you  few archers and the later in the game where enemy Sky Knights are numerous. It doesn't hurt to try; just remember that there is going to be babysitting early on.

My first Heart Seal usually goes to Corrin, Jakob, or Odin. I've been running some Odin and DivinerCorrin!Ophelia dark mage games and they are insanely overpowered. Ophelia with Nospheratu, Calamity Gate, Mjolnir, and Horse Spirit is the most broken thing I have ever seen in Fates. I've never been a fan of villagers but I'm starting a new run and want to give her a shot.

10 minutes ago, MeddlingMage said:

I usually turn Mozu into a Dread Fighter right away and just park behind either a Dragonstone Corrin or Effie.  

Isn't Dread Fighter generally really strong? I haven't used the DLC or rewards classes because I've heard they trivialize the game. Is this true?

1 hour ago, Centh said:

Isn't Dread Fighter generally really strong? I haven't used the DLC or rewards classes because I've heard they trivialize the game. Is this true?

Dread Fighters are a combination of master ninjas, samurai, and great knight weapon triangle control.  They have more strength than a master ninja, slighty slower, but can wield swords, axes, and daggers, for full weapon control. For skills they have several for reducing magical damage, one that allows them to recover faster from debuffs, and final skill is to have and additional  7 Attack points during the user's Turn. Funny enough, Mozu is consider one of the best candidates to be a dread fighter.

You think dark mages are overpowered in Awakening they were walking wastelands of destruction. Shame that magic is nerfed heavily. Due to  magic being part of the weapon triangle, a lot of anti mages classes, and a lot high resistance classes in mid to late game Conquest. Which I use few mages in Conquest.

2 hours ago, Centh said:

My first Heart Seal usually goes to Corrin, Jakob, or Odin. I've been running some Odin and DivinerCorrin!Ophelia dark mage games and they are insanely overpowered. Ophelia with Nospheratu, Calamity Gate, Mjolnir, and Horse Spirit is the most broken thing I have ever seen in Fates. I've never been a fan of villagers but I'm starting a new run and want to give her a shot.

It kinda is.   But if you play Conquest on Lunatic and you want to use Mozu, then turning Mozu into a Dread Fighter is your best option.   The only skill Mozu needs is Aptitude.   If you really want Underdo, just to someone's My Castle and buy Underdog off there Mozu.  However if you turn Mozu into a Dread Fighter make sure you have either a Raider's Knife or a Bronze Dagger in your convoy.   That's all she needs to start because you can just hide behind Corrin or Effie and pick off those Faceless from long distance.  However make sure you have the Dragonstone on Corrin, so he or she can't double because you be attacking with Corrin and Effie and landing the finishing blow with Mozu.

If you do it right you can have Mozu be at level 5 or 6 by the end of her paralogue.

12 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Dread Fighters are a combination of master ninjas, samurai, and great knight weapon triangle control.  They have more strength than a master ninja, slighty slower, but can wield swords, axes, and daggers, for full weapon control. For skills they have several for reducing magical damage, one that allows them to recover faster from debuffs, and final skill is to have and additional  7 Attack points during the user's Turn. Funny enough, Mozu is consider one of the best candidates to be a dread fighter.

You think dark mages are overpowered in Awakening they were walking wastelands of destruction. Shame that magic is nerfed heavily. Due to  magic being part of the weapon triangle, a lot of anti mages classes, and a lot high resistance classes in mid to late game Conquest. Which I use few mages in Conquest.

I think they are fine, but I run specific mage runs mostly, so I put in work to make them work. 

11 hours ago, MeddlingMage said:

It kinda is.   But if you play Conquest on Lunatic and you want to use Mozu, then turning Mozu into a Dread Fighter is your best option.   The only skill Mozu needs is Aptitude.   If you really want Underdo, just to someone's My Castle and buy Underdog off there Mozu.  However if you turn Mozu into a Dread Fighter make sure you have either a Raider's Knife or a Bronze Dagger in your convoy.   That's all she needs to start because you can just hide behind Corrin or Effie and pick off those Faceless from long distance.  However make sure you have the Dragonstone on Corrin, so he or she can't double because you be attacking with Corrin and Effie and landing the finishing blow with Mozu.

If you do it right you can have Mozu be at level 5 or 6 by the end of her paralogue.

Does Aptitude work with Offspring Seals? Would it affect stat gains from the Seal or does it only change stat gains on level ups? I'm thinking I'd pair her with Keaton for this new run to make a crazy Velouria.

18 minutes ago, Centh said:

Does Aptitude work with Offspring Seals? Would it affect stat gains from the Seal or does it only change stat gains on level ups? I'm thinking I'd pair her with Keaton for this new run to make a crazy Velouria.

Offspring Seals does not work with Aptitude. But scales on the chapter you are currently on. And what you are promoting into; think of it as an  advanced Master Seal, Just  look at the table to understand. If you were pairing Mozu with Keaton. It should be early in the game. I would recommend giving Velouria Aptitude, so by the endgame she will be a powerhouse.

Chapter     Base/Promoted Level

• 19      20/2
  • 20      20/4
  • 21      20/6
  • 22      20/8
  • 23      20/10
  • 24      20/12
  • 25      20/14
  • 26      20/16
  • 27      20/18
Edited by Jingle Jangle

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Offspring Seals does not work with Aptitude. But scales on the chapter you are currently on. And what you are promoting into; think of it as an  advanced Master Seal, Just  look at the table to understand. If you were pairing Mozu with Keaton. It should be early in the game. I would recommend giving Velouria Aptitude, so by the endgame she will be a powerhouse.

Chapter     Base/Promoted Level

• 19      20/2
  • 20      20/4
  • 21      20/6
  • 22      20/8
  • 23      20/10
  • 24      20/12
  • 25      20/14
  • 26      20/16
  • 27      20/18

Awesome! I actually didn't know how the Offspring Seal scaled, but I knew what it did. Thanks. Yea, I'll get Velouria ASAP with aptitude.

Edit: Actually, I think I'll just use the awakening DLC to support grind for her right away. Keaton comes so late... We'll see how I feel when I get there lol.

Edited by Centh

23 minutes ago, MeddlingMage said:

If you don't want to gain experience, but gain support between them.  Then stay away from Boo Camp.

Also, before awakening dlc is good for build supports.

But the best way to increase fast supports with multiples couples is to visit a castle which units are hold and unarmed.