Rate the video game song above

Nobody

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Alas, it isn't the final boss theme for the game (i did post that on this thread though). But it does play for Unique Monsters (called Tyrants in X), which are identified as being bigger and stronger than their normal brethren while also having a unique name (hence the song's title). Some Unique Monsters are stronger than the final boss itself, with the most extreme case (in the case of XC1) being a monster 40 levels higher than it (and 21 levels higher than the party's level cap). So yes, it's definitely fitting.

You know, i don't remember much of VFD's soundtrack but this is one of two songs i still remember, the other being Hypnos' battle theme (wait a minute, both of these songs are variants of each other, hmmm....) I should play the game again.

Anyway, 8/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Uncontrollable

Huh, seems like kind of a waste to just give it to really strong (assumingly) post-game enemies. Then again, Etrian Odyssey V "wastes" one of its better battle themes on bonus bosses as well, so I guess it all works out?

I found VFD's soundtrack to be pretty damn memorable (though the song I just posted and the one I linked to in my sig are by far the best in my opinion, even if I have no idea what the title of the song even is (something about "Ignite", I think *shrug*)), though that may just be because I am currently replaying the game... for the 10th time at least.

As for the song you posted: It's mindblowing! 10/10 (I thought XCX's music was all rap? Glad to know that's not the case.)

Nights of Azure 2: Omen - Theme of Malvasia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Huh, seems like kind of a waste to just give it to really strong (assumingly) post-game enemies. Then again, Etrian Odyssey V "wastes" one of its better battle themes on bonus bosses as well, so I guess it all works out?

I mean, it's Xenoblade music and the final boss theme is equally just as epic imo, so it all works out in the end.

I found VFD's soundtrack to be pretty damn memorable (though the song I just posted and the one I linked to in my sig are by far the best in my opinion, even if I have no idea what the title of the song even is (something about "Ignite", I think *shrug*)), though that may just be because I am currently replaying the game... for the 10th time at least.

The soundtrack is good, it's just been so long since i last played it, so i don't remember most of the songs. I similar thing happened with Kid Icarus: Uprising and i hate myself for forgetting that God-tier soundtrack.

As for the song you posted: It's mindblowing! 10/10 (I thought XCX's music was all rap? Glad to know that's not the case.)

Only Black Tar (regular battle theme which takes a bit getting used to) and the New LA theme (which sucks immensely and is one of the very few terrible songs in the series) are rap songs. X has the weakest soundtrack of the three Blade games overall but there's still a lot of God-tier stuff in there like Uncontrollable. 

Nights of Azure 2: Omen - Theme of Malvasia

Great electric guitar riffs with an orchestral feel to it. 9/10.

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Mysterious Invaders

Edited by Armagon

I love how catchy it is. 8/10. Stella Glow seems to have a strong emphasis on songs like this and i might just get the game one day because of it. Heh, history repeats itself once again. Main reason i started playing the Gunvolt series was pretty much for the exact same reason. Speaking of

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - Indigo Destiny

(there's full versions of the Gunvolt vocal songs but i decided to go with the in-game versions for now)

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I love how catchy it is. 8/10. Stella Glow seems to have a strong emphasis on songs like this and i might just get the game one day because of it. Heh, history repeats itself once again. Main reason i started playing the Gunvolt series was pretty much for the exact same reason. Speaking of

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - Indigo Destiny

(there's full versions of the Gunvolt vocal songs but i decided to go with the in-game versions for now)

Yeah, in the world of Stella Glow, people have discovered how to turn emotions into power through music, though only girls with special powers called "Witches" are able to use it for spoiler-y reasons. The songs themselves are basically AOE spells that grant you special effects for three turns. Levia is one of, if not the strongest, as it starts out with an AOE water attack that hits every single enemy on the map and then fully heals you for the aforementioned three turns.
Definitely get this game, it's one of my personal favourite games on the 3DS.

As for the current song: 10/10 I need to try this game. Like now.

And while we're at it: Your early game win button in Stella Glow

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, in the world of Stella Glow, people have discovered how to turn emotions into power through music, though only girls with special powers called "Witches" are able to use it for spoiler-y reasons. The songs themselves are basically AOE spells that grant you special effects for three turns. Levia is one of, if not the strongest, as it starts out with an AOE water attack that hits every single enemy on the map and then fully heals you for the aforementioned three turns.
Definitely get this game, it's one of my personal favourite games on the 3DS

And i'm guessing those songs last for the three tuns. As in, the song that plays.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for the current song: 10/10 I need to try this game. Like now.

You can get both games on the 3DS for $15 on the eShop, get the 3DS Striker Pack (both games combined) for $30, get the first game on Steam or get the Switch version of the Strike Pack on the eShop or physical for $40 and the Switch version is objectively the best version of the Gunvolt games. The world of Gunvolt takes place in the near future and features people called Adepts, which posses incredible powers, called Septima, similar to the Mutants from X-Men or the Quirks from My Hero Academia. One of the characters, Joule, has a Septima which allows her to sing to power up other Septimas. As for the songs, most of them don't actually do anything in terms of gameplay, it's just a neat bonus that happens when you manage to rack up 1000 points or more during a level (oh yeah, game is a 2D action platformer like Mega Man. The series is actually a spiritual successor to Mega Man Zero). These songs override the regular level and most boss themes for as long as you keep those 1000 or more points. The exceptions are Reincarnation, a song that is in both games and Igniter, a song that plays in the 2nd game when you play as Copen (in his case, his combat android Lola is the one who sings). Those are the Anthem songs that have a chance to play if either Gunvolt or Copen die and it grants them unlimited EP/Bullits but it's not a win button.

2 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Project X Zone 2 - All The World's Stage

Pretty good song. 8/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Main Theme

Edited by Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

And i'm guessing those songs last for the three tuns. As in, the song that plays.

You can get both games on the 3DS for $15 on the eShop, get the 3DS Striker Pack (both games combined) for $30, get the first game on Steam or get the Switch version of the Strike Pack on the eShop or physical for $40 and the Switch version is objectively the best version of the Gunvolt games. The world of Gunvolt takes place in the near future and features people called Adepts, which posses incredible powers, called Septima, similar to the Mutants from X-Men or the Quirks from My Hero Academia. One of the characters, Joule, has a Septima which allows her to sing to power up other Septimas. As for the songs, most of them don't actually do anything in terms of gameplay, it's just a neat bonus that happens when you manage to rack up 1000 points or more during a level (oh yeah, game is a 2D action platformer like Mega Man. The series is actually a spiritual successor to Mega Man Zero). These songs override the regular level and most boss themes for as long as you keep those 1000 or more points. The exceptions are Reincarnation, a song that is in both games and Igniter, a song that plays in the 2nd game when you play as Copen (in his case, his combat android Lola is the one who sings). Those are the Anthem songs that have a chance to play if either Gunvolt or Copen die and it grants them unlimited EP/Bullits but it's not a win button.

Pretty good song. 8/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Main Theme

TEN/TEN

That theme gives me massive feels 

Unfinished Battle from Xenoblade Chronicles:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=anuAekXi13M

10/10, one of the top 10 songs in the series. Such blasphemy that it only plays once and it doesn't even loop. Once it's over, Time to Fight (battle theme for when you're on Bionis) plays and Time to Fight's just not as good.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - MONOX (Xenoblade X main theme)

(I don't know the thought process that went behind the naming of some of X's songs)

Edited by Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A charming overworld theme for an N64 platformer that makes you think that it's a kid's game but it's actually not. 7/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Where We Used to Be (Xenoblade 2 main theme)

I mean, don't get me wrong it's good, but nothing about it makes it really stand out unlike the original game's main theme. Granted I may have my bias goggles on but still, nothing about it makes it unique. 6.5/10

Main theme from Xenoblade Chronicles 1:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OxpAqDc4JE

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

9/10. Though @DisobeyedCargo you probably should've picked a different song since i posted the XC1 main theme yesterday and it's pretty redundant having the same song on the same page twice.

Xenosaga Episode 1: Der Wille zur Macht - Albedo's theme

Oof got home from work not too long ago, I even looked for it and didn't see it sorry was tired

8/10 

You of the dark from fire emblem fates Birthright:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtmINMFAGU

P

I wonder how long it will take until @DisobeyedCargo and @Armagon have posted the entire Xeno franchise soundtrack. Not that I mind. The music is great!

On 1.5.2018 at 12:27 PM, Armagon said:

They're platformers? Crap, I really suck at those...

Etrian Odyssey V - Unrest - The End of Raging Waves (Arranged)

EDIT: Damn, forgot to rate the previous song. One of my favourites from Fates. Sad to see it wasted on those stupid Royals. 8/10

Edited by DragonFlames

it's really good.

You of the dark from fire emblem fates Birthright:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IwtmINMFAGU

Originally this thread was made to post non FE related themes since there was an own thread. But it died it seems.

Trails In The Sky - Olivier's Song

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

17 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

it's really good.

Originally this thread was made to post non FE related themes since there was an own thread. But it died it seems.

Trails In The Sky - Olivier's Song

7/10

nothing pleases you people does it?

Riki the legendary Heropon from xc1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9OrUZJhpw

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

They're platformers? Crap, I really suck at those...

Gunvolt isn't that hard, the main challenge comes from keeping your score.....which can get really hard if you're going for S+ ranks. But if you don't care for that, it's a fair challenge. There's an ability called Prevasion which nullifies attacks as long as you have EP/Bullits, which you can recharge almost whenever by tapping down on the d-pad twice. So whenever an enemy throws a barrage of relentless attacks, just mash down and you won't take damage. The downside is that you can't attack while doing this. It also doesn't stop your score from dropping (unless you're playing on Gutless difficulty, which prevents you from losing your score regardless of how many hits you take). It's easier than the majority of Mega Man games, at the very least.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl - Decisive Battle - The End of the World

Great guitar riffs and a good song but that's about it. 7.5/10.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - So Nah, So Fern