Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

5 hours ago, SB. said:

Writing this pre-flip because I thought phase end was earlier than this and I have to be at work.

##Vote: Refa

Going with this because I feel like he's said a lot while staying mostly in the background, kind of avoiding involvement. I mostly remember him being off pushing cases on his own with varying levels of validity (I think he was voting BBM for a because of his vote switch off of me but I think his explanation was fine?). He was actually voting Eli for most of the day for non-content and then switched to Gaius when prodded for mostly the same reason. It never felt like he was actually trying to get something done.

None of this shows how my content has scum intent.  You're just framing my actions in a way that would benefit scum even though the actions themselves aren't scummy (which is scummy on you).  How was I avoiding involvement?  How could I have had other votes when the three people I was bothered by (Elie, Gaius, Prims) didn't push out content after I made my reads on them?  Am I supposed to fabricate a scum read on an active poster?  That was a rhetorical question, obviously not, that'd be stupid.

4 hours ago, commie scum said:

Refa i'll start with first, his vote on elieson is whatever but that's pretty much all he did and then he switched to lord gaius during the last few hours which feels as if he's just tacking a vote on. He didn't say much outside of those events except for saying that he wanted people to ask him about his vote.The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant is that if he was mafia why would he potentially want to bring attention to himself during the last few hours when he could have just chilled and let the death happen instead of getting on the wagon himself.

Prims comes off the scummiest to me because he never really gave a reason why cam was scummier than lord gaius and I find it weird that he tried to start a wagon on lord gaius way before the phase was supposed to end. Also he voted for cam over lord gaius but the majority of his vote feel as if cam should come off as less scummy since outside of cam's post on izuhark he pretty much just talks about how cam "might be doing this to mask him as scum, or how he could be browbeating a townie". His case on gaus felt more definite so I don't understand why he just didn't keep his vote on gaius. At the time no one seemed to be too suspicious of gaius but SB was voting cam and prims suddenly started caring about gaius more when people started to feel suspicious of him so the timing of everything feels weird to me as well.

I don't get how voting Gaius makes me less likely to be scum.  Also what annoys me more here is how I didn't say much outside of voting Elieson.  I commented on literally everything of importance to me, other than things where I'd end up saying "okay, I have no issues with this line of logic".

I felt uncomfortable about him staring a wagon on Lord Gaius as well but it's ultimately not telling for me cause I've seen him do it as both alignments (especially considering, as you said, his Gaius vote was stronger).  Fair enough on the rest of your read though.

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I'm hard pressed to put a case on Eli. The main difference between Gaius and Eli was that Gaius made a point about early game halfway through and then offered another "read" with almost no substance. Eli just hasn't been around in general.

Looking back, Cam actually kinda bothers me, because he's incompetent. Initially, I thought he was just incompetent, but that attempt to softpush Boron came across as a lazy attempt to get a wagon going. I see no reason for town to try and do that unless there was a solid case, and his backtrack bothers me more in retrospect. I'd be interested to hear some of his not-Izhuark reads. Izhuark is guilty of the same, but the whole Boron thing makes me want to go for Cam ahead of him.

##Vote: Camdar

My bro, Refa, kinda looks bad because I can't actually see why he didn't agree with Cam/Izhuark being lynched - despite being asked by Prims and saying he doesn't want to lynch either of them. Either the lack of ISO's has crippled my reading ability or he only swapped because he didn't want to be voting Eli. I still have this horrible thing where I townread Refa regardless, maybe I just want him to be town!

Elie did actually make a post halfway through D1 FWIW, and one at the end.  The latter didn't bother me for reasons which I'll get into.

I don't get how Cam's Boron case is your strongest read.  I can get why it would bother you, but what makes him more worth voting than Izhuark?  If he was scum lazily starting a wagon, surely he could have picked...like anyone else?  Boron was not under much, if any, suspicion at the time.

I wrote why I didn't want Cam lynched in my response to BBM (ISO'd him actually!).  Izhuark is implicit because I was defending him and his actions for a good portion of the game, which implies a town read.

39 minutes ago, Prims said:

##Vote: Paperblade
On a re-read, his D1 content fails to inspire, I feel. Even his ED1 SB vote that helped get the game going required Cam to comment before he actually made it - before that it was just a one-off comment. Overall, it just doesn't really look like he was making an effort to scumhunt. He kept a vote down on Izhuark all day but wasn't particularly passionate about it - it's interesting here when he asks why BBM thinks Izhuark is town but when BBM responds he just... doesn't really try to convince BBM or continue the discussion. Besides that he didn't look into anybody else the entire day besides maaaybe a couple comments about Gaius and Elie where you still can't really tell what Paperblade thinks about them after reading the post.

I could get on board with a Refa lynch. I agree he was a lesser presence on D1 and spent too much time coasting on the Elie vote. I don't like the way he went out of his way to say the Gaius vote is just as bad when he switched; that type of self-deprecation reads like scum to me because he's overly concerned with how people are interpreting his actions.

SB might be scum, honestly. I don't really have a case there, my intuition just tells me his play this game looks like his scum play. What he said about Gaius here looks like he knows Gaius is about to flip town and is trying too hard to justify why scum!Gaius would post the VT claim. Like, the "I think scum!Gaius' team isn't here to help him out" line specifically bugs me on this front.

Zeonth's last minute posts and Junko's subsequent effort makes me feel better about that slot, so despite the lack of D1 content I'm not really interested in lynching it. Elie I'm not too sure about because even though his last minute vote on Paperblade is right he kind of... didn't say anything about all the people who were actually popular candidates when he caught up. I want to hear more from him today.

YES THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED

Well, at least considering the Paperblade vote.  I skimmed his content after Elie voted him at the end of the day (which was honestly dumb but I think Elie's case itself made sense) but my issue with Paper is that he has valid opinions and thoughts but he never tries to push them.  

Already talked about coasting (in a response to you, IIRC), but I want to clear one thing up here.  I wasn't being self deprecating, I was saying that the Elie case that I got flack for was about as good as the Gaius case which was the leading wagon.  I still stood by my Elie case until his last post on D1.

SB's case on me is scummy, haven't really took a close look at this other content (I don't remember it bothering me the first time I read them).  Agree with your point here, though.

Regarding Elie, I wouldn't vote him because I think what he he had on Paper was good but...his lack of content still bothers me.

##Vote: Paperblade

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a list post is the best to organise my thoughts.

Prims- His reads were pertinent except the gaius case that i did not really understand but since the main wagons where on me at the time it would have been way easier to scum to choose one of us.

Boron- Ouch the comment on me hurt but i respect the honesty. The fact that she sticked from after the RVS to the end of D1without upher case seemed a bit odd like pointed out Junko but that could be explained by her bias. The rest of her interactions where fine to me and I'll wait to see more of them this day before giving an opinion on her.

Cam- My stance from D1 still stand but his few last post are way more level headed and coherent, This sudden change from spamposting that take me aback honestly. I'm a bit more cautious on this one and i still think's he's scummy but i'm a bit less confident on this case.

Paper Blade- I really don't know what to make out of him. He has not posted that much and his interactions are pretty few the only persons that read him D1 were Elieson who voted him out of nowhere just before deadline and me for weak reasons after RVS. The rest seems just to not really be productive.

Refa- I personally thought refa's actions were fine D1 he's still clearly one of those who have been the more active and most his reads were consistent.  The only dubious part would be the gaius vote but deadline approached and he made clear he was not up for lynching cam or me.

Elieson- he clearly caught a severe case of eimming and should come back in the game quickly. His vote just before deadline really appeared out of nowhere and was really off topic. This is just weird to me and i don't se how this kind of comportement can be pro town.

Shin- if we except his RVS he proved to be one of the most productive player mid to late D1 and made pertinent comments on the different cases. His D2 post are top notch.

SB- I don't know how to read SB period but he feels town to me. He's action at rvs were good call and was definitely the most consistent on his cases.

Junko- Turbo sub to the rescue ! You did more on D2 than Elie, Gaius, Paperblade and Zeonth on D1 and that's really impressive. I want to see a bit more of your interaction but that's some pro subbing right here.

Town reads : Shin, SB, Prims, Refa

Null-town : Junko, Boron

Null-scum : Paperblade

Scum : Cam, Elieson

I want to see him interact a little before updating or abandonning my cam case. In the meantime i will follow boron on the Elieson case, he did nothing for town and none of his action D1 made sense to me.

##Vote : Elieson

Words are hard so here's a definite lynch priority.

Paperblade > SB > Elieson > Prims >> Shin > Cam > Izhuark >> Boron > Junk >>> Refa

For posterity's sake, Boron and Junk are that far down because of how they handled their roles.  I had no opinion on Zeonth beforehand (so he'd probably be before Shin on my current priority list) and Boron would be before Izhuark (so it's not a particularly radical change).

Wow, okay, I'm really stupid. For some reason, it didn't hit me until now that BBM was the N1 kill. I'm going to reread his interactions with people, see if anything sticks out.

All right, went through the entire thread looking only at BBM's posts and interactions with people.

BBM suspected Cams and Prims for a good chunk of the phase. Apparently, Cam felt inconsistent and his reasons for voting people didn't make sense and his opinions didn't feel like natural progression, but he had a worse gut reaction on Prims. He was leaning town on Izuhark but seemed a bit conflicted, and asked Elie to make posts not excuses. He also voted Gaius at the end of the day, but Gaius is dead town and BBM is dead ??? so that point feels moot.

Of course, I'll have to look through Cam's and Prims's posts to see if BBM's interactions with them actually change my mind on how I'm reading them, but he seems to have had suspected them the most.

In this situation, I'd say wagon analysis is more telling than kill analysis.  Like I thought about analyzing BBM's posts and interactions for myself after you mentioned it, but then I thought "wait what if he was killed because like no one was casing him by the end of the day" and then didn't bother.

6 minutes ago, Refa said:

In this situation, I'd say wagon analysis is more telling than kill analysis.  Like I thought about analyzing BBM's posts and interactions for myself after you mentioned it, but then I thought "wait what if he was killed because like no one was casing him by the end of the day" and then didn't bother.

I mean, it's true that no one was casing him but he wasn't the only one who avoided a serious case on him at the end of D1 either.

i have a splitting headache and i can't focus so this will be short

i think prims is pretty obviously town; the gaius push felt like it came out of nowhere but the easy thing to do would have been to stick on me. i'm not so sure about bbm's alignment; the fact that he flipped at all makes me second-guess this, but his reasons for moving off me at the end felt kind of unconvincing.

shin's case on me is bad, it's entirely based around my weird gut on boron from the end of the phase which i a) didn't vote her for, b) spent approximately one post trying to justify and c) came out of fucking nowhere after i'd already spent the entirety of last phase painting a target on myself.

will post more after i eat

okay so the mod messed up and I did roleblock boron, so refa's fail was either a mess up by the mod or there is another roleblock in the game.

As much as i'd like to say I found anything new with paper, I didn't. Just feels like lack of effort which doesn't tell me anything :/

On 7/18/2017 at 1:42 AM, Zeonth said:

And before my change is called as scummy, I was typing that up before Cam made this post. Notification only came up as I sent it. 

come to think of it, this bothers me more that i think about it -- it could just be bad town play (idk how much zeonth has played) but town doens't really have a reason to pre-emptively care about looking scummy

that being said junk's posts seem reasonable and it's kind of a dick move to jump on a sub so idk

5 minutes ago, CT075 said:

i'm not so sure about bbm's alignment; the fact that he flipped at all makes me second-guess this, but his reasons for moving off me at the end felt kind of unconvincing.

I'm confused, why would BBM be scum at this point?

3 minutes ago, CT075 said:

come to think of it, this bothers me more that i think about it -- it could just be bad town play (idk how much zeonth has played) but town doens't really have a reason to pre-emptively care about looking scummy

that being said junk's posts seem reasonable and it's kind of a dick move to jump on a sub so idk

Why does him being a sub matter?  If he's scum, he's scum.

Just now, Refa said:

I'm confused, why would BBM be scum at this point?

hidden flip; trying to look at bbm interactions with both sides kept in mind

Just now, Refa said:

Why does him being a sub matter?  If he's scum, he's scum.

because junk's posts for now are fine, the slot has single digit posts in the entire game and it's a dick move to jump on a sub for their predecessor being inactive

8 minutes ago, commie scum said:

okay so the mod messed up and I did roleblock boron, so refa's fail was either a mess up by the mod or there is another roleblock in the game.

if it was, i haven't gotten any messages about it.

i also just read through the entire thread looking for gaius interactions and the only interesting thing i found was prims and gaius voting each other which is lame q_q

1 minute ago, CT075 said:

hidden flip; trying to look at bbm interactions with both sides kept in mind

because junk's posts for now are fine, the slot has single digit posts in the entire game and it's a dick move to jump on a sub for their predecessor being inactive

Fair enough on both.  If BBM was shot by town though (assuming no ITP's because Prims said it was 9/3), I feel like they would have claimed it because it means scum's kill failed for some reason (most likely Boron).

@commie scum Wait you used Roleblock without any knowledge of the Power roles except prims number claim ? Even if you might block the night kill there more chance to hinder town roles. I guess both strategies are good but it might backfire badly if your using it blind.

5 hours ago, Shin said:

Looking back, Cam actually kinda bothers me, because he's incompetent. Initially, I thought he was just incompetent, but that attempt to softpush Boron came across as a lazy attempt to get a wagon going. I see no reason for town to try and do that unless there was a solid case, and his backtrack bothers me more in retrospect. I'd be interested to hear some of his not-Izhuark reads. Izhuark is guilty of the same, but the whole Boron thing makes me want to go for Cam ahead of him.

i already addressed this, but i'll say it again -- there is no reason for me to pick boron in particular as scum. it would have been far easier to fake a paperblade scumread (which i'm actually considering, but i can't relaly think straight enough to answer). This actually kind of smells like mudslinging -- why is my "lazy attempt to get a wagon going" (which didn't even have a vote behind it, mind you) worse than izhuark riding on me and saying nothing about basically anybody else for the entire phase? you say that my argument with izhuark was "funky", care to elaborate?

3 hours ago, Izhuark said:

Cam- My stance from D1 still stand but his few last post are way more level headed and coherent, This sudden change from spamposting that take me aback honestly. I'm a bit more cautious on this one and i still think's he's scummy but i'm a bit less confident on this case.

i also don't like this; what is it about my posts this phase that make me less likely to be scum? why is incoherence inherently scummy? more importantly, i don't see why i'm somehow less worth a vote than this:

3 hours ago, Izhuark said:

Elieson- he clearly caught a severe case of eimming and should come back in the game quickly. His vote just before deadline really appeared out of nowhere and was really off topic. This is just weird to me and i don't se how this kind of comportement can be pro town.

Because i said it myself i wanted to see more of your posts and interaction before getting back to your case. I found the reasoning of your first D2 post good where Elieson barely posted something meaningful.

but good reasoning isn't alignment-indicative? if anything, i would be wary of someone that was wildly all over the place and suddenly calmed down because that screams of being coached by scumbuddies

i also disagree that voting an effective inactive is a better way to get me to interact than voting me