Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

2 minutes ago, CT075 said:

but good reasoning isn't alignment-indicative? if anything, i would be wary of someone that was wildly all over the place and suddenly calmed down because that screams of being coached by scumbuddies

i also disagree that voting an effective inactive is a better way to get me to interact than voting me

Well i'm not sure about this. Apparently it's an thing that happened before for you but you made a point here by saying scum buddies could have coached you. (But then why would you say that like this ?)

I disagree completely with the second point though because i'm not voting elieson to have reads on you. I want the reads to be out of pressuring when you interact with cases that involves neither of us. (We saw what happened last day when we confronted each other and i would prefer to avoid it happening a third time.) So that i can confirm or not my previous reads on you while avoiding emotional bias.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, CT075 said:

i already addressed this, but i'll say it again -- there is no reason for me to pick boron in particular as scum. it would have been far easier to fake a paperblade scumread (which i'm actually considering, but i can't relaly think straight enough to answer). This actually kind of smells like mudslinging -- why is my "lazy attempt to get a wagon going" (which didn't even have a vote behind it, mind you) worse than izhuark riding on me and saying nothing about basically anybody else for the entire phase? you say that my argument with izhuark was "funky", care to elaborate?

You only smell mud if you stick your nose in the soil!  I'm not going to let that go assuming that scum!Cam would go for optimum play. I'd rather like you to elaborate your logic on picking Boron as town, surely there can't be NO RAISINS at all? 

Both you and Izhuark were pretty focused on each other for a lot of D1. I used the hip young piece of lingo "funky" to describe an argument which really didn't go anywhere. Maybe if you were COOL and YOUNG like me, you'd understand. I don't like the "why me not him" mentality, because I've made it clear that I really don't like Izhuark either. If I had two votes, you'd have one a piece!

Refa bro, I'm going to have to go back and find the posts because I couldn't see it at the time. I'm probably going to have to look back at BBM too, because I can't really think of any reasons why not-scum would want to kill him if he were town (which he probably is). 

As much as I love to be townread, I don't get Izhuark's opinion on me. I was gone for a good portion of D1 and I'm hard pressed to think my D2 post is particularly high quality. We're playing the same game right? In fact, his list post is pretty bare in general. There's a tonne of non-committed statements about everyone and I'm struggling to link his comments about people to his priority list. - the scum reads in particularly are woolly. I can't actually see the logic in the Eli vote. Other than agreeing with Boron, what exactly about Eli bothered you enough to vote him?

12 hours ago, Prims said:

SB might be scum, honestly. I don't really have a case there, my intuition just tells me his play this game looks like his scum play. What he said about Gaius here looks like he knows Gaius is about to flip town and is trying too hard to justify why scum!Gaius would post the VT claim. Like, the "I think scum!Gaius' team isn't here to help him out" line specifically bugs me on this front.

Additional context to this: I saw Gaius around doing EiMM things and thought he would care more about the fact that he was actually being lynched than he showed in thread. He didn't post for a bunch of hours after that so I figure he was scum going quiet to avoid giving over assoicatives over to town because he couldn't figure out how to get out of his predicament. 

Junko looks infinitely better than his predecessor in basically every way. I don't think he would've been able to produce as much content so quickly subbing in as scum without flailing around.

@Refa, it isn't scummy to suspect lurkers on its own but doing it as a player with zero impact on the game is kind of hypocritical. Like, what did you expect to actually get out of that Elieson vote? Maybe a tiny bit of pressure, but its more of an observation being made than trying to get anything out of him - and then the vote stays for so long. And throwing Prims in with the 'not really around' people is weird as heck and honestly better expanded upon, when reading it.

It's actually even weirder because it feels like your content gravitates towards Prims (and what other people think of him) much more in general until the end of the day but your vote is elsewhere.

Will followup post on phone, going out for lunch now but the car ride will take a while.

Why cam over izuhark shin?

Sorry regards meant that as I felt you didn't really comment on lg much until towards end of d1 which felt weird to me

On mobile so sorry if phrase weird

1 hour ago, commie scum said:

Why cam over izuhark shin?

Sorry regards meant that as I felt you didn't really comment on lg much until towards end of d1 which felt weird to me

On mobile so sorry if phrase weird

I'm actually kinda torn between Cam and Izhuark, I feel like there's a case for voting either of them but I feel like I want to purse Cam for the time being, mostly because I'm not quite satisfied with "I did this bad thing, but there's totally no reason scum!Cam would do it!". I found that LG appeared a lot worse later in the phase, since his lack of commitment and poor reads became far more obvious when stuff had actually happened and he had nothing to show for it beyond what he'd already presented. No PROBLEM.

PEnded up carsick so rip post.

I could sheep Prims' Paper case. In retrospect the guy kinda fell off the face of the earth after he was out of the spotlight and "hey I'm focusing on EiMM" with nothing else is zzzz at best and the timing of the post (right after Prims posted the case) makes it seem like he's been reading along the whole time. He should have some kind of read/comment on the gamestate so in hindsight this is actually scummy as fuck.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Paperblade

I think Elieson is a hard read but the circumstances aren't as awful. I think showing up late with a vote like that is dangerous for scum, instead of waiting for a stronger entrance Day 2. @Boron, why is Elieson a higher priority than Paper and what do you think of Refa? I think Eli said in his post that he was barely even beginning to catch up so him focusing in on ED1 content makes more sense than if he went after something later.

7 hours ago, Shin said:

You only smell mud if you stick your nose in the soil!  I'm not going to let that go assuming that scum!Cam would go for optimum play. I'd rather like you to elaborate your logic on picking Boron as town, surely there can't be NO RAISINS at all? 

"it works if we assume you're just scum being stupid" is a really bad argument because it gives a huge amount of leeway to wave off basically anything, especially when (as far as i can tell) that's your only point against me. what does "picking Boron as town" even mean? i started talking about boron because she bothered me?

i also don't see why making a grand total of two posts on the subject, neither of which include a vote for Boron count as "trying to start a last minute wagon on boron"

7 hours ago, Shin said:

I don't like the "why me not him" mentality, because I've made it clear that I really don't like Izhuark either. If I had two votes, you'd have one a piece!

this is also not an answer to the question. "why me why not him" is a perfectly valid question when, fmpov, you have better reasons to vote him instead of me (and this holds true if you replace "me" with anybody else).

If Shin is so scummy, why haven't you voted him?  Actually, scratch that, why haven't you voted anyone?

43 minutes ago, CT075 said:

i also don't see why making a grand total of two posts on the subject, neither of which include a vote for Boron count as "trying to start a last minute wagon on boron"

Never said it was a last minute wagon, nor did I say that you voted for her, BBM's mysterious question mark sporting ghost would be proud. My issue was that you produced a lazy read that you backtracked from immediately because someone suspected you. If making up a case on Paper would have been easier and gotten you less flak, why didn't you do it? You can't say "It doesn't count because you rely on scum making bad moves" after you've said "But scum wouldn't be that dumb". You can't have your cake and eat it, that's how you get diabetes!

I'm going to sheep Refa and ask the same. Cam, do you think I'm scum? If you do, you can vote for me and I'd be totally cool with it if you presented a case for it. Otherwise, you're kinda just trying to nitpick what I've said and need to present some of your other reads.

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

If making up a case on Paper would have been easier and gotten you less flak, why didn't you do it? 

because i'm town and don't care about flak?

20 minutes ago, Shin said:

Otherwise, you're kinda just trying to nitpick what I've said and need to present some of your other reads.

you're kind of voting me? am i not allowed to defend myself?

1 minute ago, CT075 said:

fuck it, money where my mouth is

##Vote: Shin

yeah but...why not vote before?  it's less that you didn't vote shin and more that you didn't vote at all which i don't get

i wasn't confident enough in any of my scumreads and i'm still not. i wasn't scumreading shin before, either, but you're right that this isn't going to go anywhere otherwise

35 minutes ago, Shin said:

Never said it was a last minute wagon,

22 hours ago, Shin said:

Initially, I thought he was just incompetent, but that attempt to softpush Boron came across as a lazy attempt to get a wagon going.

this is like izhuark levels of semantic nitpicking

Just now, CT075 said:

this is like izhuark Cam levels of semantic nitpicking

If you're getting worked up in a mafia game, it's probably a sign to take a step back and do something else for a while. A game shouldn't be making you this worked up.

I said that your tunneling behaviour during D1 made you look bad, something that Izhuark was also guilty of. However, in addition you had the thing with Boron and now you've got this hostile response against me. I said you were nitpicking because you didn't actually have a vote on me, nor did you have any other reads that you were sharing. It shows that you weren't willing to commit to a case, as with Boron, and you only voted me after being prodded repeatedly. Izhuark is bad for his own reasons, but the whole debacle was why I voted you over him. Would you have had your rant if I'd voted him instead? Is my vote on you the only reason why you'd have considered scumreading me at all?

riddle me this:

9 hours ago, Shin said:

I'm not going to let that go assuming that scum!Cam would go for optimum play.

"scum!cam made a bad play" is a reasonable argument

22 hours ago, Shin said:

I see no reason for town to try and do that unless there was a solid case, and his backtrack bothers me more in retrospect.

but "town!cam made a bad play" is not?