Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to write something here but then I decided not too.

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

No, I'm serious, that was a legit role claim. I was confused when Gaius flipped because the game didn't seem to have any cohesive flavour in terms of characters but I didn't want to reveal how LAME I was at the time.

Wow.

Doesn't change my vote cause I'm not even voting you, but...wow.

3 minutes ago, commie scum said:

i kind of hate to go into rolespec but the thing that's making me pause is that wouldn't shin's claim basically him confirmed town and while obviously some claims such as cop with cc can make someone likely town, a vanillia with one unfortunate trait being able to be confirmed town seems weird since it's essentially useless outside of its vote unlike say a cop.

I don't see how it makes him confirmed town.  I mean, I think the claim is more likely to be town because it's really stupid and seems like something Marth would make for shits 'n' giggles, but that's just my personal read...nothing objective.

Ugh IRL sucks. Can't i upload my mind into the internet ? (Terrible idea actually)

More seriously i had important irl matters and my mind wasn't really into mafia mind state ( and still is not to be honest but i will try my best) really sorry. Re reading the last three pages right now.

Actually, the only people I'm willing to lynch now are Prims and Faerie Knight (nothing against the sub, just the slot).  The only other slot I'm conflicted on is Boron, and everyone else is town, or at the least town enough that I wouldn't vote them today.

Izhuark was on par with Cam, and I kinda had FUNNEL TUNNEL VISION for much of the day, so I kinda ignored him. EiMM is a really LAME excuse and if you've stopped by to share that with us, you could have at least said something related to what was happening. Especially after the "effort post" early in the phase, it feels a lot like scum coasting whilst somebody else gets roasted alive. Despite having a massive case on Cam yesterday, he's ignored tonnes of content from his only read. This sounds kinda cray, but Scum!Izhuark abandoning a Cam read because he doesn't feel it's pushable is kinda BAD. Unfortunately, this is highly suggestive that Cam is town, or this is some weird bussing scheme which is so unlikely that I've only mentioned it simply for how unlikely it is, which means I've FUDGED UP.

##Unvote
##Vote: Izhuark

Looking back at Cam, I'm going to have to admit that I did indeed IGNORE a lot of his responses, which in retrospect paint him in a better light and make me look like SATAN. I'm still holding on to the Izhuark tunnel and wet fart on Boron as scummy points, but I'm gonna have to kinda back off on Cam because 1. His points, in retrospect make SENSE, 2. Izhuark/Cam don't make sense at all together 3. There's no chance that Cam will get lynched and with my doubts I'm starting to get cold feet.

SB's case rests a lot on my conviction that Cam was scum, which I totally get. I'm not going to go down the "why would town!Shin let himself get dug into a hole like that", because that's totally the logic that I got called out on. However, I'm not really buying the "Shin isn't even mad, it's all staged", because as I've said before, I don't get mad at mafia, it gets mad at me! I was holding a fairly minor scumread on SB before, which is probably still kinda the case, but I don't think it's enough for me to even want to consolidate on him, if the case were to occur.

Eli's actually delivering with his current content, and it'd be SWAGTASTIC to see what the rest of his analysis is. However, I want to know why you think the numbers thing was a scumtell, especially after I admitted the thing was part of a "Refa is slot 6, 666 is satan so he's 1/3rd of evil, therefore scum" jokepost. I'm also not sure I quite agree with the speculation that BBM was killed because of his read on Prims, I'd be more pressed to think it were just him looking town in general. I want to see the rest of his opinions on what's happened so far, but he's giving decent enough content - especially since my issues with him revolved around inactivity and dropping a random vote!

Prims and Paper have both been pretty absent, although I had a better feel of Prims during day 1 than I did Paper. I get that Paper is having external problems, but he's giving the same lurky vibes that Izhuark's giving me! He kinda commented on stuff in D1 but I didn't feel like he was really contributing to the game. He also kinda let the Gaius Wagon happen without paying any real attention to it too, his day 

Boron's defense on me is TOUCHING, and I can kinda see where the "Shin dun goofed, scum would be stupid to do that" logic is coming from. I struggle reading Boron (although reading awful fanfiction with her is easy), but she's fairly neutral right now. I'm not sure what the comment about the SB-Refa interactions mean. If anything the Cam/Refa dynamic seems odd, with Refa so reluctant to vote for me and then dropping it after one clear up. It kinda feels like he was testing the waters a little but then changed his mind.

Junko, whilst my role sucks, it'd honesty be pretty easy for scum to bullshit something that's functionally vanilla without being able to prove it. I appreciate the sentiment though! I still feel pretty good about Junko compared to Zeonth, so the weird "Shin has to be town!" comment doesn't really affect things in the scheme of things.

On a finishing note, I'm very aware that I'm CENTRE STAGE and it's a little concerning! We've got another day but I'd really appreciate discussion rather than people settling on me! I'd be down if everyone were unified in their hatred of me, inactivity makes me SAD.

Marth (thanks for the lame role, fool) >>>> Izhuark >>  Refa > Cam > SB > Paper = Other losers > Junko > The SHIN (pls thanks)

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Actually, the only people I'm willing to lynch now are Prims and Faerie Knight (nothing against the sub, just the slot).  The only other slot I'm conflicted on is Boron, and everyone else is town, or at the least town enough that I wouldn't vote them today.

I can kinda get the case on Paper's old slot, but could you run by me the Prims case? I've kinda lumped him in with the inactives, and I feel like he was at least somewhat involved during D1.

The one thing that stood out in your lynch priority was ~~me, obviously~~ my position on it.  You have maybe a sentence of issues with me, so what makes me higher than Cam on your list?  Reads as inconsistent with your previous view points, and your current reads post.

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

I can kinda get the case on Paper's old slot, but could you run by me the Prims case? I've kinda lumped him in with the inactives, and I feel like he was at least somewhat involved during D1.

Being involved doesn't make you town.  Well, anyways, here it is:

-His insistence on voting you ED1 despite 1) knowing that you self vote as town 2) having another slot that he has legitimate issues with.

-His switch from Gaius to Cam on Day 1.  Still reads as unnatural and a mid day pressure test doesn't benefit anyone.

-BBM kill when BBM's primary suspect was Prims.  Associative reads without flips incoming but I don't like how Boron brought this up only to never follow up on it.

-Correcting my own error here but he did follow up on his Cam vote on D2, so that's not an issue.

-He's made like two real posts this whole day.  One was just eight condensed into one post.  Lack of activity isn't scummy by itself, but for someone so mad at EiMM making people less active, you think he'd be more active himself.

-More importantly, there's nothing in his posts that gives me (significant) doubt that he isn't scum.  There isn't this one read, this one claim, this one argument that reads as town to me despite any other issues I have with him.

Adding on to the last point, I don't get the impression that he's going out of his way to interact with people.  He's certainly replying to people, but not really starting up conversations on his own for the most part.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

The one thing that stood out in your lynch priority was ~~me, obviously~~ my position on it.  You have maybe a sentence of issues with me, so what makes me higher than Cam on your list?  Reads as inconsistent with your previous view points, and your current reads post.

Cam dropped after a reread, also by association with Izhuark. The reason  you're so high is the reluctance around me, the single greater than symbols aren't a huge gap, but I can kinda see where you're coming from.

10 minutes ago, Refa said:

Adding on to the last point, I don't get the impression that he's going out of his way to interact with people.  He's certainly replying to people, but not really starting up conversations on his own for the most part.

Seems legit, but what puts him on a different level to other people kinda keeping to themselves such as Izhuark?

yeah i;m dumb, thought shin could be confirmed town due to the fact that you can't skill scum (unless a vig exists which seems unlikely in 12p game) but looking at shin's comment scum could definitely bs something.

I don't mind the switch to izuhark at this point since cam lynch looks unlikely but i do find shin's justification for it kind of weird. For someone who so staunchly defended their read, to suddenly say izuhark is better than cam because "guys you were right i ignored a lot of his stuff etc" feels unnatural to me. Again it comes off to me as switching lynch priorities whenever the situation suits itself (as to a lot of people izuhark is starting to look more suspect). I feel like town would've just admitted that they think their primary scumread isn't going to get lynched so go on to their 2nd scumread.

I do think his content in regards to elie and boron is actually good though and provides some pressure on elie but overall still scumreading him.

Refa's post on prims now is pretty good. Don't see the shin thing and the bbm thing feels unreliable as a scumtell but I do find his insight into prims d2 pretty good. Even though I did like prims d2 content now that phase end is going to happen in a few hours, it does feel like he's just "been there" while I feel town prims tends to be more proactive. Scumread on him lessening even more.

I want to see a faerie knight's post and another izuhark's post since I haven;t really gotten anything from pb 2 and izuhark d2. 

Hi

22 hours ago, j00 said:

Votals D2:

Prims (2): junko, Refa
Elieson (2): Boron, Izhuark
Camtech (1): Shin
Paperblade (1): Prims
Shin (2): Camtech, SB

Not voting: Paperblade, Elieson

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends on the 22nd of July, GMT 4:45 pm (in 1 day, 19 hours and 15 minutes).

Only change since (that I noticed) was Prims moving to Izuhark
Out of these, ##Vote Prims

23 hours ago, Refa said:

Not feeling up to voting Paperblade.  If he's not contributing because of external sources, that's different and (more importantly) harder for me to read scum intent.

1 hour ago, Refa said:

Actually, the only people I'm willing to lynch now are Prims and Faerie Knight (nothing against the sub, just the slot).

What changed for you in between these?

Shin the least thing before sheeping prim's vote on me would be to make a comment on the question i asked you litteraly the moment i said i would have a hiatus.  

The Shin/Cam argument make me more confident that my reads on cam D1 don't stand anymore. I still think refa is one of the most consistent player, his reads are those that make the most senses to me as of now. Elie post seemed strongly town to me and i don't want to pressure him more.

##Unvote

the game evolved in a way that I have really a hard time making sense of. The post are way more dense lately than the rest of the game and my scumreads are fleeing like waters. That said the case on me don't bother me so much since i flaked hard.

I will continue reading the thread again until I find something that bother me.

idgaf anymore

##Unvote
##Vote: Elie

youre tripping if you read the conclusions from elie's catch-up post and thought he was town lol it's literally how scum!elie posts his priorities are wack and his scumreads are all for inconsequential bullshit like still pushing the shin selfvote in the middle of day 2

only time i played with scum elie i think, he did nothing so poly shot him to death so idk. about meta Also hadn't he only read half of d1 so the whole shin vote thing in middle of d2 makes sense in that context?

scum elie is not good at making fake reads on people from my experience

"High Gut-scumread on Shin for basically being Shin self-voting, and a higher Actual-scumread for the numbers drop" these are not only weird reasons to suspect somebody in the middle of Day 2, the way he articulates himself makes no sense (wtf is a High Gut-scumread)

" Mild scumread on prims, for the callout at Gaius being a pretty meaty post that just came out of flipping nowhere,  " elie doesn't explain how there's scum intent in this at all. like he seems to be suspicious of me because... i thought gaius was scummy and made a post explaining why i wanted to lynch him? um???

" Neutral Read on BBM so far, but he's dead so it doesn't matter " why talk about him so much then doofus