Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

8 minutes ago, Prims said:

idgaf anymore

##Unvote
##Vote: Elie

youre tripping if you read the conclusions from elie's catch-up post and thought he was town lol it's literally how scum!elie posts his priorities are wack and his scumreads are all for inconsequential bullshit like still pushing the shin selfvote in the middle of day 2

I don't know scum!Elie much, but I don't think I need to explain how the italicized makes this post silly, do I?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons for suspecting Shin still don't hold much weight at the point in the thread he got to before stopping, either. This would have been acceptable if he was like, voting Shin during ED1 before people started posting. This is the middle of D2 and he got to the Gaius wagon so he's at least read up to the point the game started to take off. It looks like filler content.

I mean even without Elie's scum meta the post is kind of... um. I don't understand the need to do a post by post replay at this point when he could just read the thread then post what he think looks the most scummy, this approach is clearly keeping him far behind on the thread and starts to looks like information over analysis.

junko isn't even voting me anymore lol

Shin (3): Camtech, SB, Junko
Prims (2): Refa, Faerie Knight
Elieson (2): Boron, Prims
Izhuark (1): Shin

Not voting: Elieson, Izhuark

the craziest thing about elie's new content is that he had previously skimmed enough to see that paper hadn't done anything at all and vote paper but now he just... doesn't care about paper beyond a SK joke (and there's clearly no SK if he believes my numbers so um?)

scumteam is elie/fk/refa

paper was bad and if fk doesn't have to explain his vote on me i ain't gotta explain why he's also bad so far (it helps that it's pretty self-evident)

refa is mostly gut but also all his cases have been nonstarters with the exception of that shin vote he had to backpedal on. his case on me is convenient to coast by on because i'm never really going to be able to disprove any of the D1 reasons beyond what i've already said and "there's nothing to make me think he isn't scum" is subjective and not something that you can prove definitely (also it applies to him too from my pov hmmmmm). only wanting to lynch me or the paper slot today is baffling because we pretty clearly don't make sense as buddies. scum struggling to case people???

maybe replace one of them with izhuark but izhuark may just be busy idek

shin's claim bugs me because it's hilarious but also seems like something he would come up with more than marth lmao I don't really think he's scum though. I think his content this game has actually been pretty good apart from the Cam case today and I can at least understand his logic even though I don't agree with it.

Too tired for a more detailed post.

Commie brings up a good point regarding Shin's Izhuark vote.  Also I still don't get why my reluctance of all things makes me scummier than Cam.

Commie, Shin's role confirms scum to him after he's already dead (unless I misread something).

FK, why the Prims vote?  Also, what changed was that I agreed with Prims' reasoning for why Paper subbed out + none of the other remaining players bothered me more (besides Prims).

I guess I'm tripping because Elie's conclusions didn't bother me when I read through them (don't really remember his scum meta, either).  All of Prims' points about Elie are good, though.

Okay read Elie's full post again and it indeed make no sense. I guess i was just biased because him towreading me was a huge part of his post (god i'm so bad). His justifications for his reads are really weak (taking rvs joke seriously into account at this point ? I heard that rvs was elie favourite part of mafia but i think there was enough interaction to have more groundings) and doesn't had anything to the state of this day 2

##Vote : Elieson

1 minute ago, Refa said:

All of Prims' points about Elie are good, though.

just saying you've said this about almost all the cases i've made this game despite scumreading me the whole time. in fact i think you might have said this about all the cases in this game in general. are you actually townreading everybody????

18 minutes ago, Prims said:

scum elie is not good at making fake reads on people from my experience

"High Gut-scumread on Shin for basically being Shin self-voting, and a higher Actual-scumread for the numbers drop" these are not only weird reasons to suspect somebody in the middle of Day 2, the way he articulates himself makes no sense (wtf is a High Gut-scumread)

" Mild scumread on prims, for the callout at Gaius being a pretty meaty post that just came out of flipping nowhere,  " elie doesn't explain how there's scum intent in this at all. like he seems to be suspicious of me because... i thought gaius was scummy and made a post explaining why i wanted to lynch him? um???

" Neutral Read on BBM so far, but he's dead so it doesn't matter " why talk about him so much then doofus

A high gut read is probably the oesophagus! I actually think Eli's currently posting as he reads, I'd want to see what he has to say on the pages he hasn't covered before forming a more solid opinion on him. It's fair enough that it's weird to suspect it at D2, but I'd feel worse if he'd gotten through D2's content and was still scumreading me for that.

1 minute ago, commie scum said:

but what makes you think prims is scum faerie? we still have a long time before phase end so voting someone to put them in the lead of votes is yeah...

PoE. Shin just looks pure to me, Elie, I expect to be able to make a better show when he actually gets engaged with things.  And yes, we have a long time before phase end, so what are you worried about? I put the one I'd lynch most ahead, it's not like that's even making it that likely he'd get the noose with this amount of time left. Why can't I vote based on my current stance? Consider it a sign of my reads as they relate to the current situation, and sell me on changing them if you care so much. 

For that matter, Shin is apparently in the lead actually according to Prims' count as I typed this, anyway. Do you really think he's a better lynch than Prims, or even Elie if he doesn't post more?

15 minutes ago, Prims said:

the craziest thing about elie's new content is that he had previously skimmed enough to see that paper hadn't done anything at all and vote paper but now he just... doesn't care about paper beyond a SK joke (and there's clearly no SK if he believes my numbers so um?)

Idk, maybe he had nothing more to say there since he already voted him? He's still catching up more before he solidifies his current vote, how strange (also setup spec/assumptions are beautiful, please give me more)

12 minutes ago, Refa said:

FK, why the Prims vote?  Also, what changed was that I agreed with Prims' reasoning for why Paper subbed out + none of the other remaining players bothered me more (besides Prims).

As explained above, and this push on Elie makes him look worse.

uUgh calls came in so I didn't get to my analysis as expected.

Vote for me all you want now but at least let me Vig somebody tonight then you can lynch me tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Prims said:

faerie knight that's not "setup speculation" it's "i am town numbers and my role pm says there are 3 scum and 9 town"

what the
Ok, first, eh.
Second, saying that means there can't be a SK isn't setup spec? Please explain how you're so sure without, oh right, making judgments about the setup?

##unvote 

##vote faerie knight

scummy feelings+I need to see something more substantial from this slot so pressure

okay i like prims follow up, faerie why is shin pure? why does elie being absent make prims a better lynch? why any of this tbh, I already said that i prefer shin over prims since i at least like prims d2 content and me agreeing with refa goes out the window when i realized we have a lot more day phase left. I do think shin is a better lynch than elie as his content came off as null outside of the boron thing before prims follow up post made me consider it in a different light. Also you usually vote someone for no reason when you need to lynch them during deadline not wayyy before deadline. 

Faerie Knight is definitely scummy  since he doesn't explain why he thinks what he does but the thing that's giving me cold feet is that he's been known to play in an um "unusual" way. I want to put more pressure on him to see more of his content.

Elie's claim we'll see although I am worried he could just pretend to be roleblocked if he doesn't follow through.

it would be helpful since even if you're legit there's a high probability you'll get blocked or redirected tonight (we know there's roles capable of doing both those things)

it's pretty clear faerie knight has not read the posts given that the numbers claim is new information so his vote on me is especially godawful with this in mind considering he's only able to justify his vote on me using content I posted after he made the vote (which isn't particularly good justification since he should be able to understand what I'm saying is just rhetoric, obviously read Elie's catch-up post, the summary is just where he discusses his final reads and they're not particularly strong.)

@Refa i know u have suspected me all game but Lynch Faerie Knight And I Will Be Vindicated Once He Flip's Scum
@Sunwoo @Izhuark elie is PROBABLY not lynchable after the vig claim (tbh he might just be scum trying to live for another day but i'm willing to let him try to prove himself) so lynch the paper slot with me please. you guys said you wanted to wait and see but there's a sub posting now and the posts aren't good

7 minutes ago, Prims said:

refa is mostly gut but also all his cases have been nonstarters with the exception of that shin vote he had to backpedal on. his case on me is convenient to coast by on because i'm never really going to be able to disprove any of the D1 reasons beyond what i've already said and "there's nothing to make me think he isn't scum" is subjective and not something that you can prove definitely (also it applies to him too from my pov hmmmmm). only wanting to lynch me or the paper slot today is baffling because we pretty clearly don't make sense as buddies. scum struggling to case people???

Saying my cases have been nonstarters is wrong, fair enough on not being able to disprove any of the D1 reasons, you definitely make sense as buddies with Paper before FK came into this game voting you (didn't really mention him for the entirety of D1 before casing him on D2 immediately was what stood out to me; on the flip side, Paper just didn't mention you at all).

8 minutes ago, Prims said:

just saying you've said this about almost all the cases i've made this game despite scumreading me the whole time. in fact i think you might have said this about all the cases in this game in general. are you actually townreading everybody????

...I never thought about it like that before; you're definitely right on this one (well regarding me agreeing with your cases anyways, I don't think I'm stupid enough for the second one).  Fuck me.  Combined with what you said about being unable to argue against my D1 reasons and I'm really dissatisfied with this read.  Don't really have any excuses, I just fucked up here.

No, I'm not townreading everyone.  I'm super confident in like five slots, it's the other five slots (you, Paper, Shin, Boron, Elie) that are giving me problems.  My main problem with this game is I feel confident on my read on one of these slots until someone else makes a point about that read which makes me reevaluate the whole thing and I feel like I've done that like 50 times so far.

##Unvote

##Vote: Faerie Knight

refa, while you're here can you explain why you claimed you'd been blocked at the start of the day? this has been bugging me for a while but i only just figured out how to articulate why: i can see why town!boron would out her action failed to alert town to the existence of a roleblocker, but a second person outing that they had an action and it failed is really weird since the info doesn't really clarify anything but also tells scum "hey, i'm also a power role" and now scum knows two power roles.

your action failing has been sourced to another player who is pretty much a universal townread at that, so it being caused by a scum action is unlikely. i'm paranoid you're scum who got blocked and claimed that when boron did in hopes of causing some combination of a) getting town cred, b) making boron's claim's towniness less certain, c) outing the player who blocked you

FYI, my vote on Faerie Knight is not because of his recent posts (because I legitimately can't parse his recent posts), but because of previously stated reasons.

21 minutes ago, Elieson said:

uUgh calls came in so I didn't get to my analysis as expected.

Vote for me all you want now but at least let me Vig somebody tonight then you can lynch me tomorrow.

Didn't talk about this in my previous post but yes this is not a scum claim obviously.

2 minutes ago, Prims said:

refa, while you're here can you explain why you claimed you'd been blocked at the start of the day? this has been bugging me for a while but i only just figured out how to articulate why: i can see why town!boron would out her action failed to alert town to the existence of a roleblocker, but a second person outing that they had an action and it failed is really weird since the info doesn't really clarify anything but also tells scum "hey, i'm also a power role" and now scum knows two power roles.

your action failing has been sourced to another player who is pretty much a universal townread at that, so it being caused by a scum action is unlikely. i'm paranoid you're scum who got blocked and claimed that when boron did in hopes of causing some combination of a) getting town cred, b) making boron's claim's towniness less certain, c) outing the player who blocked you

FWIW, the only information I got back was that my action failed (so it could be because of an ascetic as well).  Anyways, real talk?  I didn't think it through.

Considering Junk blocked Boron though (he said it was a mod error that he was redirected, which seems weird to me but whatever), the only way I'd be scum is if I was lying about being blocked.