Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

Just now, commie scum said:

##unvote 

##vote faerie knight

scummy feelings+I need to see something more substantial from this slot so pressure

okay i like prims follow up, faerie why is shin pure? why does elie being absent make prims a better lynch? why any of this tbh, I already said that i prefer shin over prims since i at least like prims d2 content and me agreeing with refa goes out the window when i realized we have a lot more day phase left. I do think shin is a better lynch than elie as his content came off as null outside of the boron thing before prims follow up post made me consider it in a different light. Also you usually vote someone for no reason when you need to lynch them during deadline not wayyy before deadline. 

Faerie Knight is definitely scummy  since he doesn't explain why he thinks what he does but the thing that's giving me cold feet is that he's been known to play in an um "unusual" way. I want to put more pressure on him to see more of his content.

Pure is a subjective townread? Because Elie is not just absent, but has been busy and is getting more invested now. Give him a chance to finish that? So you like prims d2 content, I like Shin's overall behavior and...ease, I'd say. And you admit that you think shin is a better lynch than Elie because you're following prims' interpretation of his content? Ok, I'm unusual, I guess. I will vote someone because I think they're the best lynch (not for no reason) regardless of when it is in the phase, and in fact, there's no reason not to vote your top lynch candidate then because it gets people to challenge you and discuss why you voted like this.

Does this count as explaining then? (Also, I'd like to hear more about what you've been told about me after this game ^^)

17 minutes ago, Prims said:

it's pretty clear faerie knight has not read the posts given that the numbers claim is new information so his vote on me is especially godawful with this in mind considering he's only able to justify his vote on me using content I posted after he made the vote (which isn't particularly good justification since he should be able to understand what I'm saying is just rhetoric, obviously read Elie's catch-up post, the summary is just where he discusses his final reads and they're not particularly strong.)

Oh, okay, tell me how often/noticably you mentioned that for my not noticing it to be so bad? And please, I'm not only justifying my vote with what came after, I clearly said why I placed it. Also, since you seem to be missing it, those are not Elie's final reads at all because he's still catching up, and claiming otherwise is stupid. Whether what you said is "just rhetoric or not, you're still trying to go after someone by painting them as having bad stances while they're still behind and busy. Thanks for almost certainly being what pushed him to claim btw.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of leaning town on Refa after learning there was a mod mistake, actually. Combined with Elie being the vig claim I have to wonder if one of SB or Boron is flying under the radar or if I'm cutting Shin too much slack. I still think the Paper slot needs to go no matter what, though.

Just now, commie scum said:

Elie's claim we'll see although I am worried he could just pretend to be roleblocked if he doesn't follow through.

Assuming i'm:

• Actually a Vig
  • Going to fire tonight
  • Not bullshitting the game just so I can get out of a lynch and/or finish my catchup unhindered

Page 7

a.       Prims votes Cam; I think I understand why. Cam’s kind of tunnel-responded to Izhu, but there isn’t much else there to really look at. This vote doesn’t bother me

i.      BBM agrees but it’s what he’s been saying the whole time. Is prims latching onto an old BBM case?

b.      SHIN APPEARS: Asspull about 666 and one-third. I still don’t really buy it it, because there’s like 20 ways you can just reference one person being involved in a 666 sort of situation (divisible by #, one of the three numbers, etc). This big #153 post has a lot of reactions but considering the size of it, I don’t really see anything here that’s indicative of a scumread. Even the vote on Gaius at the end looks kind of tack’d on and doesn’t really mesh well with the rest of his thoughts, because it looks like you’re just voting for Gaius because it’s an easy vote. After all there was that happened, is a lazy Gaius vote all you can come up with?

c.       Boron calls out Gaius going for the easy cases…but she didn’t call out Shin for doing the exact same thing just a few posts ago. Like, she says it’s fine, but Boron, why is Shin’s Gaius vote fine when Gaius’ prims vote isn’t? The rest is neutral

d.      I think Cam/Izhuark are too busy tunneling eachother. Refa put it nicely; it’s not an easy read because nothing’s happening, they’re just attacking and defending eachother from themselves and their own personalities more than their own actions I think

e.      SB coaching Cam/Izhuark. Just noting in case it comes up later with weirdness and flips, the association is cool to log

Page 8

a.       Cam and Izhu show. All they’re doing is in-town fighting I’d say. Frustration feels too genuine to be scum v town or scum v scum

b.      BBM why are you voting for Gauis now? You had a big thing about Cam earlier but you’re voting for Gaius now? Are you meta-townreading Cam?

c.       Cam-caught in #208 by Prims, kind of stumbling on his words. I think I can see why people are at least scumreading cam…I still don’t really see the validity of the case but I understand where it came from now

d.      Nothing else of value, guh

Page 9 & 10 (Merged because it’s mostly fruitless Cam Spam anyway and my mind is fried from trying to extract anything out of it)

a.       What I got from this; WOW that Cam/Boron thing, happened. Boron still wants Izhu downed but pushed for Gaius without really defining why she was still pushing for Gaius

b.      Refa threw out some reasoning for it at the very least

[/spoiler]

Page 11

a.       Zeo commits to EiMM, doesn’t unvote me and keeps his vote on me with suggestion to jump to Cam for no reason

i.      OK he clarified; unvoted me but leaning Izhuark because gutreads. No Bueno

b.       Gaius claims Vanilla at the 8 hr marker.

i.      Refa kind of seems to accept it

c.       Boron calls me unmemorable, which is glorious because now we can share the title noted in her sig~

d.      Shin’s back, I’m still not getting any reads from him though. Shin still hasn’t really defined his Gaius vote from what I’ve seen.

Page 12

a.       SB makes a neat point about Scum!Gaius being the loose wheel on the team. Seems kind of weird to say that but then meta out a townwaffle on the slot.

b.      OH! SORRY BORON! I misread your sentence there, thinking that you were talking about me & ISOs. I saw you mention this later but figured I’d justify it now.

c.       Gaius’ Dying Breath Reads:

i.      Finally justifies Boron case; I can kind of agree with the first part of it…actually both of it, the Gaius vote never seemed that strong from Boron even back when it was placed.

d.      D1 Ends

i.      Gaius(5): Shin, BBM, Prims, Refa, Cam (L-2)

ii.      Flips Vanilla Town. Ok

tl;dr Day 1 Part 2:

• The majority of the second half of the day had easy Gaius vote, some more defined than others. I don't like how Boron and Shin talked about Gaius
  • Feeling a bit estranged by how Prims and BBM handled their Cam reads, but it feels like they put more weight into their cases when queried about it
  • New more middling read on SB
  • Paperblade is gone essentially. He's kind of mentally checked out. I'm not letting go of that SK remark.

Fucking Hell why can't I spoiler properly

tl;dr Day 1 Part 2:

• The majority of the second half of the day had easy Gaius vote, some more defined than others. I don't like how Boron and Shin talked about Gaius
  • Feeling a bit estranged by how Prims and BBM handled their Cam reads, but it feels like they put more weight into their cases when queried about it
  • New more middling read on SB
  • Paperblade is gone essentially. He's kind of mentally checked out. I'm not letting go of that SK remark.

Unless something major comes up from D2, Work downward and you'll see my scumreads

Just woke up, skimmed through FK's posts, would not object to lynch here. Elie's still only on page 7 and I'm resisting the urge to scream obscenities. Shin's claim is ... wow. That said, I wouldn't have voted him anyway and the role seems stupid enough to be real.

##Unvote

##Vote: Faerie Knight

Also, forgot to post this, but Refa is kind of reminding me of his play in Yume Nikki mafia here. He just feels ... I don't know, what the word ... kind of flaky and non-committal, if that makes sense at all?

Okay, reading through FK's posts now...again.

-I still don't get his initial reason for voting for Prims.  Just because he's one of the lead wagons?  That doesn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't explain why he's the best lynch.  Can't tell if he's scumreading Prims for his Elie read or if he just doesn't like it.

-His townread on Shin seems...underdeveloped.  It's not a read I can process because there's no explanation there.

8 minutes ago, Prims said:

Kind of leaning town on Refa after learning there was a mod mistake, actually. Combined with Elie being the vig claim I have to wonder if one of SB or Boron is flying under the radar or if I'm cutting Shin too much slack. I still think the Paper slot needs to go no matter what, though.

Are you still scumreading Izhuark?

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, forgot to post this, but Refa is kind of reminding me of his play in Yume Nikki mafia here. He just feels ... I don't know, what the word ... kind of flaky and non-committal, if that makes sense at all?

It takes one look at my Yume Nikki ISO to realize that that's not the case.  I haven't bothered to look at it but I'm 100% confident in this.

I guess. I haven't really been sure what to think about that slot since he also pulled out the EiMM + IRL excuse, since if he actually was busy then my case that he stopped contributing because people stopped paying attention to him falls apart.

what time did you go to bed boron, that is a very inappropriate waking up time 

faerie you claimed mafia as town for reasons to this day i still don't know. That's why you're unusual. Also you're reasoning for prims>elie doesn't make much sense? You want elie to catch up which is fine but i don't recall you ever saying anything bad about prims content. Also I misworded what I meant over why I think shin>elie, I thought elie's content was mostly null while shin's was scum until prims made me reconsider although shin's had way more content and i'd found a lot of it scummy so I chose shin>elie.

1 hour ago, Prims said:

scum elie is not good at making fake reads on people from my experience

"High Gut-scumread on Shin for basically being Shin self-voting, and a higher Actual-scumread for the numbers drop" these are not only weird reasons to suspect somebody in the middle of Day 2, the way he articulates himself makes no sense (wtf is a High Gut-scumread)

" Mild scumread on prims, for the callout at Gaius being a pretty meaty post that just came out of flipping nowhere,  " elie doesn't explain how there's scum intent in this at all. like he seems to be suspicious of me because... i thought gaius was scummy and made a post explaining why i wanted to lynch him? um???

" Neutral Read on BBM so far, but he's dead so it doesn't matter " why talk about him so much then doofus

• I'm actually reading to pick up context. Doesn't matter that today's D2; I'm not skipping D1 just to catch up
  • Your case on gaius was horrible and looked like scummy desperation to spark up activity towards a lynchable target that's not likely to argue back effectively. You didn't explain why. For context:
    • I wont mention too hard about how you said it's cool to push a self-vote wrt the Gaius thing, but then accuse me of being scum for pushing a self vote. There's probably a song called Hypocrisy on Youtube I could link but I'm too lazy to check. There, my passive-aggressive snark you've all come to know and love me for
    • Your case here was like, I don't like what Gaius is doing but I'll explain it like he's clearly some sort of criminal mastermind trying to delicately balance two perspectives is scummy. Calling him out for an "easy" vote is what you did too, right here. At this point, he wasn't too involved and posting a huge case. I think you should've asked him questions and pushed a read. The vote was not necessary. That's why it's kind of scummy to me. I wouldn't have thrown a vote down, but I don't disagree with what you really said.

why vote me over Boron now then?

in fact I'm not particularly fond of Gaius' posts in general; what he says about Cam's Izhuark vote is diminishing the back and forth to one post which was made after Cam's initial vote, and the vote on me is also very insubstantial compared to what he has on Boron (what's actually wrong with pushing somebody's self-vote?). going for an easy vote while throwing shade at a wagon without getting directly involved seems like a convenient position to take here. I actually think Boron's vote has a clear reason behind it which he's ignoring too but I'll let her address that herself.
##Unvote
##Vote: Lord Gaius

FWIW I don't find Shin particularly scummy but besides Zeonth nobody else bugged me either at the time (four people still hadn't posted content!) so I wanted to at least see how Shin would respond if I kept my vote down. Gaius actually reads scummy to me though so no point in that anymore.

• Because people respond to him, and because you borrowed a case from him so as a sheep is a sheep, I'll put the pieces together and see if they fit.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Just woke up, skimmed through FK's posts, would not object to lynch here. Elie's still only on page 7 and I'm resisting the urge to scream obscenities.

Page 13 now :)

It's cool to push a self-vote on ED1 when nothing more interesting has happened but not cool to push it in the middle of D2. But if you're still catching up and also a vig claim then w/e. I disagree that I'm "calling him out like a criminal mastermind" in that post, I was making a case explaining why I thought he was scummy because this is mafia and I want to convince other people to lynch the dude I think is scummy. Votes make people talk better than words do as well.

All of you are jerks, stop POSTING so I can keep up!

Through my brilliant MIND, I've been confused. Could someone explain what happened with Junko's role? Did he end up blocking Boron or am I getting mixed up? I've already said what I think about Refa, but I'm agreeing with the general vibe.

I really don't get Faerie's townread on me, it seems almost forced? It's kinda vague with me being pure (which I totally am, kids) and it's kinda been established than my HANDSOME demeanour isn't really telling of alignment. I'm all for not lynching myself, but I really don't like how they're defending my content with such broad terms. My Cam case was kinda BAD in places, but there isn't any real acknowledgement of that ala Boron. I'm gonna post this so I'm not playing CATCH UP.

For what it's worth, I think Elie's second catch-up post was better and much more coherent. When he made his first post I was concerned he was just leaving us with that for a while which is why I was frustrated with the amount of focus on ED1 content. Having read his newer posts he doesn't bug me as much.

8 minutes ago, commie scum said:

what time did you go to bed boron, that is a very inappropriate waking up time 

I know this is a joke post, but in all seriousness I go to bed anywhere between 3:30 to 5 am.

Just now, Prims said:

and I want to convince other people to lynch the dude I think is scummy

That's my beef with you.

You didn't just put out a case, you put it out with what read like an effort to get somebody lynched, without flat out saying "this guy should get lynched". Maybe it's just how I read your playstyle and I just don't mesh with it but that's the tone I got from what you said.

You shouldn't have to try to convince people that your case is good. A good case does it all by itself.

I'm probably just out of practice or salty that I usually have a tough time reading you but I think that I finally discovered why, and it's just with how you convey your cases vs how I perceive them. I'll stick with Mild while I come to terms with it. There's other fish to fry.

1 minute ago, Prims said:

Votes make people talk better than words do as well.

Yea, usually

lmao I had read Boron's post and thought "dude aren't you in california" then realized that must be how people normally feel when I start posting in mafia in the middle of the day which I usually do

Just now, Elieson said:

You didn't just put out a case, you put it out with what read like an effort to get somebody lynched, without flat out saying "this guy should get lynched". Maybe it's just how I read your playstyle and I just don't mesh with it but that's the tone I got from what you said.

this is what I do when I'm town though :S I make an effort to get my scumreads lynched. I'm doing the same thing with Faerie Knight today. I think I get what you're saying here (you're reading it as if I'm scum who wanted to push the lynch onto a townie over not much to go on, yeah?) and that's fair but I would argue scum doesn't really have to stick their leg out that much to get a mislynch in the first place on D1.

sorry for making so many posts shin. here's another post though

#Show Prims the amazing power of the Spirit Ball!

... turns out it sucks, but rage, thanks for the post jerk.

I'd disagree that Prims is being too forceful, his points about FK and the numbers kerfuffle made sense and I think it's more "Prims tries to get his scumreads lynched" rather than "Prims is trying to lynch this guy so he's got a scumread". I'm going to bed soon, but looking back, I took issue with Paper's passive D1 and almost avoidance of the Gaius lynch entirely. I'd be content with a FK lynch tbh, and totally not mostly because it's not me!

2 minutes ago, SB. said:

Time check? Didn't expect to fall so far behind.

~19 hours left, if I've got my times right.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Okay, reading through FK's posts now...again.

-I still don't get his initial reason for voting for Prims.  Just because he's one of the lead wagons?  That doesn't make any sense to me, and it doesn't explain why he's the best lynch.  Can't tell if he's scumreading Prims for his Elie read or if he just doesn't like it.

-His townread on Shin seems...underdeveloped.  It's not a read I can process because there's no explanation there.

Pretty simple. I subbed in, looked over the thread, checked the votals, and placed a vote to say who I thought should be lynched. That's all. I just don't like it, but I really don't like it. Is it really that hard to see that Elie's points were weak because they were just thoughts, not final stances and he was still catching up? 

There's not much more explanation/meaning to give for a read that's basically that Shin's behavior and approach look town to me. Just how casual and relaxed they seem while still being pretty talkative.

10 minutes ago, commie scum said:

faerie you claimed mafia as town for reasons to this day i still don't know. That's why you're unusual. Also you're reasoning for prims>elie doesn't make much sense? You want elie to catch up which is fine but i don't recall you ever saying anything bad about prims content. Also I misworded what I meant over why I think shin>elie, I thought elie's content was mostly null while shin's was scum until prims made me reconsider although shin's had way more content and i'd found a lot of it scummy so I chose shin>elie.

(what, really? I don't remember anything like that and it just sounds insane)
...Again, if I won't lynch B or C, then I vote A? That was the reason for my vote, and I've challenged Prims since. And I see, alright.

17 minutes ago, Prims said:

It's cool to push a self-vote on ED1 when nothing more interesting has happened but not cool to push it in the middle of D2. But if you're still catching up and also a vig claim then w/e. I disagree that I'm "calling him out like a criminal mastermind" in that post, I was making a case explaining why I thought he was scummy because this is mafia and I want to convince other people to lynch the dude I think is scummy. Votes make people talk better than words do as well.

9 minutes ago, Prims said:

For what it's worth, I think Elie's second catch-up post was better and much more coherent. When he made his first post I was concerned he was just leaving us with that for a while which is why I was frustrated with the amount of focus on ED1 content. Having read his newer posts he doesn't bug me as much.

So were you frustrated and trying to pressure him to catch up and give thoughts faster, or did you outright scumread him?

Votals D2:

Faerie Knight (4): Prims, junko, Refa, Boron
Shin (2): Camtech, SB
Prims (1): Faerie Knight
Elieson (1): Izhuark
Izhuark (1): Shin

Not voting: Elieson

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends on the 22nd of July, GMT 4:45 pm (in 17 hours and 45 minutes).

Edited by j00
dammit

2 minutes ago, j00 said:

Votals D2:

Prims (2): Refa, Faerie Knight
Elieson (2): Boron, Izhuark
Camtech (1): Shin
Faerie Knight (4): Prims, junko, Refa, Boron
Shin (2): Camtech, SB
Izhuark (1): Shin

Not voting: Elieson

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends on the 22nd of July, GMT 4:45 pm (in 17 hours and 45 minutes).

J00 boron's on there twice....and can you please change it to go by votecount order, so we can see FK at the top and others descending?