Revival of Mafia Mafia- Day 3

Bluedoom

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prims said:

why vote me over Boron now then?

in fact I'm not particularly fond of Gaius' posts in general; what he says about Cam's Izhuark vote is diminishing the back and forth to one post which was made after Cam's initial vote, and the vote on me is also very insubstantial compared to what he has on Boron (what's actually wrong with pushing somebody's self-vote?). going for an easy vote while throwing shade at a wagon without getting directly involved seems like a convenient position to take here. I actually think Boron's vote has a clear reason behind it which he's ignoring too but I'll let her address that herself.
##Unvote
##Vote: Lord Gaius

Boron's gotten pressure and you haven't (or it didn't stick out to me if you have.) 

You already showed how Shin does this as town, and its a lazy push. What do you mean not getting directly involved? Im pretty clearly defending Izhuark.

3 hours ago, Prims said:

I still like my Shin vote. I think moving a vote off of not-you onto you is the worst thing in this thread so far even if Shin likes self-voting. I'm not taking the "scumslip" seriously but FWIW there really are 9 town and 3 scum. I just kept 9-scum 3-town mistake when posting because it was funny.

It's based on this, I'm pretty sure.

fuck you cam :<

Gaius, what are your thoughts on Prims' push on you?  What about his other cases?  Do you think he'd stick to an easy vote on Shin as scum?  Thoughts on other players (if you don't have any, just say that I guess)?

If he parked on Shin as scum he'd probably get more pressure so I would think optimal play is to move to someone else. The case is meh to me, Cam/Izhu interactions were a lot of playstyle differences/that point, not the whole gist but a part of it, enough for my defense at least. Explained about pressure on him above.

I'm making a post with Boron involved soon.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, I reread the last three pages again (helpful note: posting right after a nap is not the best idea).

Lord Gaius: You may not like Prims pushing Shin's self-vote in RVS, but is it scummy? And why is it scummier than anything else people have done in the game? How does pushing the self-vote in the muck of RVS make it worse? 

I struggle to see how Shin's self.vote is worth more of a look than say SB/paper interactions unless im fucking up the timeline (Prims vote Mid page 3, SB/Paper stuff Page 2- Early Page 3)

Prims's Shin vote was kind of scummy imo yeah. the pressure just seemed pointless when everyone including him knows Shin self-votes in RVS and it's dumb but ultimately meaningless. He said nobody else other than Zeonth bothered him so then why not vote Zeonth? he'd also be more likely to get a response from pressuring Zeonth, who's a new player, to pressuring Shin.

Gaius, do you think Izhuark is town or just that the cases against him are bad?

cam's latest posts feel sort of inconsistent? he's given two reasons for his paperblade vote: 1) he thought paper voted SB and 2) he disliked it because it seemed like a randomly placed weak defence. either of those reasons are okay by themselves but don't really fit together. if he thought paper voted SB then it's not really a random defence. also the reason he gave initially for his izhuark vote (he's voting paperblade for something he's defending izhuark for) is different from the reason he gave here. and neither of those two reasons make sense to me either. the second one is like a buzzword mashup.

sigh mafia is hard. I don't think Prims's posts are as objectionable as Cam's but I have a worse gut reaction to Prims. it's been a while since we've played obviously but he seems less assertive.

5 hours ago, Refa said:

Don't like BBM's switch off of SB because he doesn't actually give a reason for doing it.  Despite getting reactions from SB, I still don't know what his current opinion is on the slot.  Logic for the Cam vote is fine, but I don't get why he couldn't have made it at the time.  Overall, this reads to me as him wanting to switch off of SB and creating a new case to do so.   Those aren't really scummy on their own, but together it bothers me.

I actually dislike this point more on a second pass; i'm not sure why they're not necessarily scummy on their own but scummy in tandem -- why would scum!bbm need to swap off sb at all? his case on me is fine, honestly, but i don't see why scum!BBM would need to suddenly conjure that up. the "why didn't you do that at the time" feels weak to me because nobody else was really saying anything else about me. were you thinking that bbm was swapping off his buddy (or distancing from a town wagon)?

7 minutes ago, BBM said:

1) he thought paper voted SB and 2) he disliked it because it seemed like a randomly placed weak defence. either of those reasons are okay by themselves but don't really fit together.

"it was weak reason to vote"? why would i vote paperblade and waffle about it as scum, especially within two posts of each other

i'm fine with my vote; i don't think izhu's reactions to anything i said made me particularly think he's town.

BBM feels all over the place, and the Paperbladr and Prims and Izhuark debacles feel gut-town to me. I can never properly read prims and bbm though and at nearly 2am, I'm not about to try and parse through this monstrocity of fingerpointing and dozens of backdowns on cases and stuff. I'll give it the ol college try in the morning

also not going to bother continuing to justify my initial izhuark vote; bbm's more or less right in that i changed my reasons and i'm not really sure about the original vote myself

Refa: Around the time you posted I would've said that Lord Gaius was bothering me, but his "and yes, I am defending Izuhark" makes me a bit less certain. Although I wouldn't say I'm completely all right with him. Everyone else who's posted substantially isn't really giving me any reasons to dislike them. I would like to see more stuff from less active people, though.

44 minutes ago, CT075 said:

"it was weak reason to vote"? why would i vote paperblade and waffle about it as scum, especially within two posts of each other

i'm fine with my vote; i don't think izhu's reactions to anything i said made me particularly think he's town.

not saying you're waffling, just that it's inconsistent and seems like you're making stuff up. 

your point against refa is good though. refa's case about elie just driving by RVS Content and not saying anything about it is fair but it kind of bothers me that there was nobody else refa found scummier in the several pages of content after that.

He'd swap off SB because his SB vote was weak.  Town can do that too but his swap didn't read as town because he didn't explain why he was swapping (well, I misread, but that was what was going through my head at the time).

Elie, no thoughts on the person literally voting you?  Disappointing.

13 minutes ago, BBM said:

Prims's Shin vote was kind of scummy imo yeah. the pressure just seemed pointless when everyone including him knows Shin self-votes in RVS and it's dumb but ultimately meaningless. He said nobody else other than Zeonth bothered him so then why not vote Zeonth? he'd also be more likely to get a response from pressuring Zeonth, who's a new player, to pressuring Shin.

cam's latest posts feel sort of inconsistent? he's given two reasons for his paperblade vote: 1) he thought paper voted SB and 2) he disliked it because it seemed like a randomly placed weak defence. either of those reasons are okay by themselves but don't really fit together. if he thought paper voted SB then it's not really a random defence. also the reason he gave initially for his izhuark vote (he's voting paperblade for something he's defending izhuark for) is different from the reason he gave here. and neither of those two reasons make sense to me either. the second one is like a buzzword mashup.

I'd sheep the first one.

Do you think he's more likely to be inconsistent as scum though?  If he's tunneling Izhuark, it makes sense for him to do so for the same reasons rather than completely change his case.

3 minutes ago, BBM said:

your point against refa is good though. refa's case about elie just driving by RVS Content and not saying anything about it is fair but it kind of bothers me that there was nobody else refa found scummier in the several pages of content after that.

:my_b:

I actually do have a stronger case on Cam but I'm waffling there.

err that is i am likely to be incoherent and incoherent because of it. i don't like to cite RL for (often very glaring) play issues but it's probably worth pointing out

13 hours ago, Paperblade said:

It's opportunistic because Shin has been mislynch bait in the past and it looked to me like you were trying to put pressure on someone whose reaction isn't always going to be the townies

Okay. I can buy into this as good enough reasoning for you to think that.

Have read more but I don't trust this new text editor at all so that'll be coming up next.

Votals:

Shin(2): Elieson, Shin
Elieson(2):Zeonth, Refa
Paperblade(2): SB, Izhuark
Izhuark(2): Cam, Boron
SB(1): Paperblade
Cam(1): BBM
Prims(1): Gaius
Gaius(1): Prims

zzz

##Unvote

Still slightly wary of Paperblade because it felt like he was being very selective with what he decided to talk about, but this vote is cool.

##Vote: Cam

I'm not fond of where your vote still is. I think keeping a vote on Izhuark for pressure and reactions and admitting you've actively forgotten why you're voting him is kind of wack. It feels more likely to come from scum who's trying to keep their actions looking consistent, but in each session it feels like tune changes a lot. I get that rl happens but if still feels more fabricated than naturally flowing to me.

I also don't really like the way Gaius criticises the Izhuark wagon. I'm not really sure how to describe it but it feels kinda like he's distancing himself from it and just trying to throw shade? I don't feel like he really wants to make anything happen based on the comment but just wants to direct attention there for some reason. Idk if this makes any sense.

I came to the opposite conclusion on Izhuark than Boron did (I think he leads like frustrated town atm) but I think her response to Refa and expansion on the vote (the one step ahead thing) makes her unlikely to be scum. I don't think it's the kind of thing mafia would think of and keep close to their chest until pressed on it because it'd be easier to state it earlier and avoid taking fire to begin with.

@Prims, why keep your vote on Shin over Zeonth? I'm curious, even after the shift.

6 hours ago, BBM said:

To be honest I felt like Prims was just giving a reaction test to Shin, and it feels weird for Prims to later add these other details to his reads which just make him look worse if he's mafia. 

Did Gaius actually post why he was suspicious of Boron? I can't find it. It's hard for me to get a grasp on his reads, which is Not Good

tbh I have no idea what Izhu is trying to argue. He is just talking about me but he's not *really* talking about me and voted me but doesn't want to lynch me

@Refa: I was mulling it over

Cam feels townie to me. I disagree that his opinions are inconsistent, I feel that he has a natural progression of opinions

##Unvote, ##Vote: Izhu

Please start talking about the rest of the game instead of just defending yourself. You don't want to lynch me, great, I love that. But who DO you want to lynch?

I made a mistake in the first post. Day 1 ends on the 18th. That's what I get for staying up till midnight.

So you've got approximately 27 hours and 45 minutes until phase end. If people need an extension, just make a separate vote for extension.

I am the SHIN. I told Marth that I'd be away for like a day on a magical trip to the NORTH (where nobody's accents are remotely understandable). Give me some time to CATCH UP and read. I'm gonna RAGE because there's no isos, stoopid modern SF.