Fixing your least favorite/ favorite Character

Hero_Lucina

Far from my least favorite, but still  uninteresting me for me is Xander's son Siegbert. First of all, entirely remove the origin of the babyrealms and being Xander's son. So his new origin he will be an ex member of the Noiran Royal Family. Due to the only way or him to survive the concubine wars was to be removed of his royal status. However, his still has a high  rank in the Noiran army due to Xander's influence. Because of Xander trying to cushion the impact of his removed title, he views Xander as the ideal  Noiran knight. To the point where he modeled his appearance and personality after him. Because of his past.  he doesn't consider the royal family as siblings due to his past, and considers Corrin to be a kidnapped Hoshidan prince. This way he can still use dragon veins, and look like a  younger Xander. He would still be a optional character to recruit . Any thoughts?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Have Xander stand up to Garon, thus connecting his character in his supports to his character in the main story, during Conquest In fact, have all of the Nohrian siblings come over to Corrin's side gradually, after realizing what a despot beyond the point of no return that Garon is. Iron out all of the inconsitencies by letting story Xander be support Xander, who is infinitely superior a character.

- Give the Dawn Brigade longer than a fourth of the game to develop as characters. Best case scenario, keep the GMs out of the plot as much as possible. We see them from the Dawn Brigade's point of view. They show up as NPCs and enemies, with Ike having a similar intimidating presence to the DB as Zelgius had to Ike in PoR, as this is Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade's story most of all. They finally become playable in part 4, when everyone is playable and united.

- Don't kill off Mikoto the second she's introduced. She can be grievously wounded in the attack, but not killed, which compromises her barrier and allows the Nohrians to invade. Give her time to develop as a counterpart to Garon who isn't as different as she initially appears to be.

- Ike doesn't randomly up and leave Tellius, abandoning the people he's known as his family for years.

- Make Garon a non-cartoony villain. He was a decent if not benevolent guy gradually overtaken by his own lucklessness, Hoshido's apathy to Nohr, and his own cynicism. He's a harsh ruler, but he actually cares a whit about his kids, overjoyed if Corrin has returned to him even after learning the truth, enough that while he regrets having to kill them once they defy his plans, he's so far gone that nothing will compromise his potential victory over Hoshido. Also, he's not a slime monster. He's still a person, just having given into darker impulses.

- For Hoshido as a whole, show a bit of its dark side. We hear about disgruntled nobles, but they stay firmly offscreen. Make Hoshido apathetic to Nohr's struggles, much like Zofia was apathetic to Rigel. Zofia/Rigel is Hoshido/Nohr done right, now that I think about it. Take notes.

- Have Ike and Mist actually interact past Greil's immediate death. Keep Ike's personality from PoR, rather than turning him bland in RD.

- Address the inconsistencies between the BK writing in PoR and Zelgius writing in RD. Have Zelgius either admit that his earlier speeches threatening Greil and his family were bluffs, or get rid of them entirely. Keep him cold and threatening, but not cruel.

- Pelleas actually is suspicious of Izuka instead of being totally blindsided that the obviously evil guy is evil, but makes it clear that his thankfulness at being rescued from the orphanage and his own shy personality/insecurities hold him back from calling Izuka out.

- Give Ilyana an actual personality and a reason to exist. Give her a story. Where does she come from? What does she want? Why? My idea: She grew up in poverty in the slums, and was taught/learned at an early age to use her demure cuteness to take advantage of people to survive/get what she wants, getting free dinners and things. In the end she wants to get rich enough to be able to eat as much as she wants and live a comfortable life. She pretends to be scatterbrained to make herself look less threatening and make people pity her.

- Write Lyn into Binding Blade, either involved with Hector and Eliwood as Lilina's mother, or with the conflict in Sacae as Sue's mother. Have some appearances or at least explanations where all of the other first generation characters ended up.

- Like people have said before, Peri starts as one of Hans' henchwomen. Her psychotic personality is appropriately horrifying to the rest of the cast, and Hans leaves her for dead, which is why she's picked up by Corrin and the gang. Xander takes her under his wing to watch her and make sure she doesn't target any innocents, not because he's inexplicably drawn to a serial killer. He warns her that if finds out she's been killing innocents, he'll personally execute her. By the end of the game, she's starting to adjust to morality and a normal life, and his supports change to telling her that he's proud of how far she's come.

- Have Tormod and company not randomly up and disappear in the middle of the plot.

- Give Camilla (and Charlotte) some actual armor. Make her motherly/protective of Corrin in a non pseudo-incestuous way, and explore more of her background to flesh her out. Have her supports focus on things other than Corrin.

- The Deeprealms doesn't exist. Instead, we have a timeskip and a second generation, the war having stayed locked in a bitter stalemate, with everyone roughly 15 - 20 years older.

That's all I can think of for now.

Edited by Extrasolar

51 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Give Ilyana an actual personality and a reason to exist. Give her a story. Where does she come from? What does she want? Why? My idea: She grew up in poverty in the slums, and was taught/learned at an early age to use her demure cuteness to take advantage of people to survive/get what she wants, getting free dinners and things. In the end she wants to get rich enough to be able to eat as much as she wants and live a comfortable life. She pretends to be scatterbrained to make herself look less threatening and make people pity her.

May I just adopt this? This is really good.

11 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Sure, go for it! My headcanon is your headcanon. :P:

I might do as well. Ilyana is just so... eh to me currently, but this backstory makes her a whole lot more appealing :D

I like a lot of your other points, too. Fully agree about leaving GM out of RD until act 4... I still reckon that's what turned me off Ike. I really liked him in PoR -.-

And fully agree about Garen and the Nohr siblings. Plus it'd be nice to see the bad side of Hoshido...

I'm just going to take your answer as my own xD

Although, for least favourites, I'll add Est...

Someone's mentioned it, but either don't have her randomly leave Abel, or at least show it better. Some people have mentioned there are hints in the supports, but it doesn't really show enough to justify it, imo. She ends her conversations with Abel claiming to love him, but then her ending still whams in out of almost nowhere...

Or change Abel's ending to him actually realising why she left and instead of hopelessly searching, he stays waiting for her or even moves on. Maybe a bit more inconsistent with his character, but that is most people's biggest problem with Est. I'm not keen on her type of character as is, but that just tipped it over the edge.

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I might do as well. Ilyana is just so... eh to me currently, but this backstory makes her a whole lot more appealing :D

I like a lot of your other points, too. Fully agree about leaving GM out of RD until act 4... I still reckon that's what turned me off Ike. I really liked him in PoR -.-

And fully agree about Garen and the Nohr siblings. Plus it'd be nice to see the bad side of Hoshido...

I'm just going to take your answer as my own xD

No problem, I'm happy to share my headcanons and writing wishes for the good of all. Glad to see that a lot of people around here have good writing taste. :P:

For another rewrite of a Fate kid, this time is Forrest. Similar to my last post here, he to the a ex-royal of the Noir family. Who lost his title so he  could escapse the concubine wars. He would be a tailor living the Noiran capital, who got captured by Bandits like in the game. This reason Forrest is in touch with his feminine side is because his mother (which is not the same one as Leo ) was a model, surrounded by women and fashion with no father figure, he slowly grew a feminine taste. His relationship the Norian family is positive. After all Forrest does design their clothes, while Forrest his happy to see them, and hold no grudges over the concubine wars.

This ways he can still use dragon veins, and retain the same personality as in Fates.

• 4 weeks later...

Least favourites:

Corrin: Cut them out of Fates Don't make them an avatar, get rid of either the Yato or their dragon blood, then really focus on it. Make them blood related to the Hoshidan so it actually gives you an impact like, shit, blood ties and all. Don't make them perfect, but give them more knowledge of the outside world. I'm sure the Nohrian siblings told them stories, right? Don't give them leadership unless it's Revelation, instead, give it to Xander or Ryoma, then once Corrin gains more experience, gradually pass it on overtime. Stop all the Corrin praise, have the Nohr siblings lose their cool with them, honestly I'm shocked that at least Lel didn't smack them for their stupidity. Give Corrin an actual lesson that makes them realise life isn't as simple as they think.

Ike: Either make him into at least a minor noble, of change the story so that it focuses more on the fact that he's a freaking peasant. Cut all the bull in Heroes about being the 'strongest', and cut his screentime in RD and give to Micaiah. Change his RD portrait too, it looks weird. Have actual consequences for when he mouths off at Sanaki, I don't care that she was messing around, he should've been at least arrested at something, or, I don't know, not explode in the first place? Peasant or not, common sense dictates that mouthing off at essentially royalty is a bad idea. Stop worshipping him, give him more emotions jc.

Takumi: Either cut the possession, or go into greater detail. Those barely there hints in Conquest? Expand them. Change the way he treats Azura, like dude, you grew up with her? Show some respect?

Cordelia: GET. RID. OF. THE. CHROM. OBSESSION. At least change her dialogue after she gets married. This should also improve her relationship with Severa.

Kris: Just...cut him. Actually, no, I like the customisation choices too much...uhm...cut the worshipping, but give him more meaningful conversations with Marth and Jagen. Also, focus on something besides training.

Soren: There's nothing salvageable...alright, fine, I'll try. Tone down the edgy. It's fine to only really like one person, but to be an outright ass to everybody else? No, that'd probably get you pummelled into next week. RD did him besf as his interactions with Skrimir are fantastic, but it'd be nice to have seen that in PoR. First impressions are everything, Soren.

These are just the major ones...

As for fixing my favourites?

Marth and Roy: They're perfect, what are you saying? ...Alright fine. Give their games the Echoes treatment and give me more Marth x Caeda and Roy x Lilina. Also...is it too much to ask for manakete!Roy? And...make him promote earlier. And let Marth promote.

Eliwood: Just make Eliwood x Ninian canon. Let him promote earlier in his mode.

Alm and Celica: ...idk, just make Jedah look less evil, and that fixes Celica...have Clive pass on the leadership of the Deliverance gradually, then even out the spotlight.

Berkut and Rinea: Give Rinea more screentime and character, give us more of Ian Sinclair's sinful voice.

Xane: More. Spotlight.

I'm going to go with "least favorite character in terms of writing".  Why?  Because while I have a low opinion of Cordelia, I think the writing did that part of her justice.  So. . .

Peri - She's a mess.  That's great.  But everyone else has to bend to accommodate her, and that's not great.  Having a few characters snap at her in their C-B support, and having her recoil from it (a la the eight-year-old she's stuck as) would've been really nice.   Tell her she is NOT okay, and that she has to change for the better, or just give her some real, harsh consequences to her actions, and have her grow in the A supports.

Well, going into more depth couldn't hurt.

With Mia I'd like to see her Ike support in the first game deal with her moving from her obsession with a white-clad rival to a potential future in the GM's. Basically coming to realize that she has a friend and a future if she stays and helps Ike. For the second game I'd like the support to focus on her trying to live up to and match Ike. Mainly because she's worried she isn't fitting in because the only thing she's good at is fighting and Ike keeps stopping her from learning things like Aether, much to her frustration, leading to her almost dying trying to learn how to sew just so she can feel like she's contributing.

For other units... Felicia. I really wish they'd turn down her 'bumbling maid' aspect. I get what they're going for and everything, but all it makes me do is wonder 'why the fuck did they put this idiot in a maid outfit?' Make it so that she's unquestionably loyal to her friends and a steadfast ally. She makes mistakes as a maid, but Corrin (both genders) stopped her from getting fired because they recognized how valuable she was as both an ally and friend. Likewise with other units. Her bumbling gets her into trouble but she proves herself as worthy through loyalty and friendliness. Like, in her Ryoma support, she makes some DUMB mistakes like putting chocolate on rice. Seriously? She couldn't think of what rice and chocolate tastes like and imagine how it would taste? Didn't taste-test it? Or anything like that? I can get her not knowing the details of tea, but she should be able to do stuff like not break dishes constantly.

And... I actually don't have much in the hate or like beyond that.

Aideen from FE4: your run of the mill early game healer, a terrible mother gameplaywise (no skills), a blonde and boring damsel in distress, a footie in horse emblem... but with ONE VERY interesting thing that could be used to make her more interesting: she is alive in gen 2. I have many headcanons about what she does during Seliph's Holy War and her interactions with Finn, Oifey and not!Lewyn, but this is what I picture her doing eventually:

initially a frail lady, the wars she has seen in Sigurd's army and what she saw as a witness in Barhara's massacre have made her into a tough woman who, above everything else, has her heart set on not letting any of her deceased allies' children die; she knows how powerful Alvis his, Seliph as he is doesn't stand a chance as he is (this is before he gets the Tyrfing). The night before sieging Velthomer, Aideen manages to slip into Arvis' palace (yeah, it's more than a bit of a stretch, but please bear with me), who is about to entrust send away the Tyrfing to Julius in Barhara by carriage, and she confronts him: it's during this conversation that Arvis finally and wholly understands the consequences of what he has done, his empire out of control, his brother dead, his beloved wife dead, his son lost to a devil, his daughter nowhere to be found, his lover dead or nowhere to be found. He breaks down, almost crying, and begs his sister-in-law for forgiveness. She forgives him, then leaves. She has done all that she could, she has done what her beloved Azel would have begged her to do in order to help his brother and she has secured Seliph's victory. Alvis has promised to find a way for Seliph to regain possession of Tyrfing.

She is a survivor of the Barhara massacre and as such she will do all she can to make sure that no such harm will ever befall her allies' children, her children.

26 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Aideen from FE4: your run of the mill early game healer, a terrible mother gameplaywise (no skills), a blonde and boring damsel in distress, a footie in horse emblem... but with ONE VERY interesting thing that could be used to make her more interesting: she is alive in gen 2. I have many headcanons about what she does during Seliph's Holy War and her interactions with Finn, Oifey and not!Lewyn, but this is what I picture her doing eventually:

initially a frail lady, the wars she has seen in Sigurd's army and what she saw as a witness in Barhara's massacre have made her into a tough woman who, above everything else, has her heart set on not letting any of her deceased allies' children die; she knows how powerful Alvis his, Seliph as he is doesn't stand a chance as he is (this is before he gets the Tyrfing). The night before sieging Velthomer, Aideen manages to slip into Arvis' palace (yeah, it's more than a bit of a stretch, but please bear with me), who is about to entrust send away the Tyrfing to Julius in Barhara by carriage, and she confronts him: it's during this conversation that Arvis finally and wholly understands the consequences of what he has done, his empire out of control, his brother dead, his beloved wife dead, his son lost to a devil, his daughter nowhere to be found, his lover dead or nowhere to be found. He breaks down, almost crying, and begs his sister-in-law for forgiveness. She forgives him, then leaves. She has done all that she could, she has done what her beloved Azel would have begged her to do in order to help his brother and she has secured Seliph's victory. Alvis has promised to find a way for Seliph to regain possession of Tyrfing.

She is a survivor of the Barhara massacre and as such she will do all she can to make sure that no such harm will ever befall her allies' children, her children.

Wow. That's pretty deep

I'm way too lazy to look at numbers right now, so this is gonna be from just a writing perspective if that's cool.

My favourite? That would be Gatrie. Um, we could make him not die alone I guess :') poor bastard never got any, what an unfortunate sonofagun.

Actually, I would love for him to have had more support/base conversations with the other dudes that aren't Shinon. I get that he's a manwhore, I do, but I would have liked to see other guys' perspectives on him being...that. I've always run him alongside Rhys, so those two need a Marina and the Diamonds-esque montage on How To Be A Ladykiller (TM), like, yesterday.

HUGE EDIT: NEW GATRIE ENDING WHERE HE INVENTS TINDER

My least favourite is Hayato. Just...delete him. Go into the game files. Find him. Remove him. Cut him out entirely. Remove his wiki page. Send him to his room. Or, at the very least, give him one (1) conversation with SOMEONE where his being an insufferable brat isn't just...ignored? It's really bizarre, but it seems like whenever he runs his mouth, people are always just like "Haha, yep, that sure is a quirky young sprout! Eat your vegetables, you silly munchkin!" Give him dynamics where he's not the one steering the conversation all over the place with his whiny arrogance; have him apologize sometimes, maybe. There are supports that even seen kind of OOC on the other character's end, because they just don't seem to notice or react that much to the way they're being spoken to. (...He was probably a late addition to the cast, wasn't he?) So yeah, having Hayato supports that aren't 3-4 straight cutscenes of "weh weh I'm an asshole and get away with it because everyone else is dead inside" would be good.

Then delete him.

Out of the deliberately obnoxious characters in Fates, he's the only one that bothers me so much; everyone else at least has something that I can enjoy about them. (See Peri/Odin's "BITCH WHY YOU LEGGING IT INTO THE SLUMS" "I TEACH YOGA" convo, and Azama being a total babe.) Hayato just makes me want a flyswatter to be a weapon in the game.

Edited by Tibarn's Distracting Lisp

Fixing an awful character/unit:

Lyon: Well, short of redoing SS's plot from scratch (because by Jove, it's awful), I can't think of anything to make him a respectable character...

Pelleas: Actually make him stand up to Izuka

Soren: Make him not come off as a huge asshole, particularly in the scene where you first meet Lethe and Mordecai

Tharja: Get rid of the Robin obsession

Rinkah: Give her a respectable base HP and Strength growth 

Arthur (Fates): Remove his personal skill's effect of cutting into his crit evade

Charlotte: Improve her defense and skill growths

Improving a favorite:

Ilyana: Give her a better speed growth (and in RD, a better speed cap)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Fixing my least favorites:

Lyn- Be a little more uncomfortable with the journey? She goes off to avenge her tribe without a trace of "I've never done this sort of thing before", and she just sort of accepts that she's royalty without a hitch. She immediately puts her trust in a person she finds laying on the ground (I don't like that in Awakening, either). I get that being headstrong and trusting is part of her character, but Lyn is so young, you'd think she'd have a little... I don't know, hesitation, before going out into a world she hardly knows at all?

Asugi- The most shameful to me of the Fates copycat children, Asugi had the most potential to not be like Gaius. Saizo puts a lot of pressure on him, so I get that he'd naturally want to rebel, but it's revealed he actually does has some pride in the name Saizo, it would have been nice to play around with how Asugi views his father a little more. Additionally, drop the candy thing. Haha, it's so funny that this character is almost literally the same as Gaius. Oh wait. It isn't -_- Asugi has one of my favorite recruitment chapters of the children, where he chooses not to help Funke raid a manor, meaning that, unlike Gaius, Asugi is not okay with robbing someone, and he is willing to stand up for himself and leave if he doesn't want to be a part of the task at hand. Gaius simply pretended to be willing to kill Emmeryn so that he could rob the castle. Expand upon that, and he might not be a carbon copy of the Awakening thief most know and love.

Takumi- Kill him off Just... I don't know. As a character, Takumi just annoys me. He should at least trust Azura by this point. She grew up with them, she likes it there, and I don't think she remembers much of living in Nohr, so why would she still have loyalty to Nohr? And the possession thing- don't do it. You don't get how Takumi would actually react to his sibling betraying them, just HATE HATE HATE SHOOT ELISE HATE HATE. It's annoying, and it doesn't make me pity him like demon possession should, I should feel guilt for being the cause of Takumi being depressed enough for demon possession, I shouldn't be laughing at him because he's angst incarnate. If they wrote him a little better, I would like him, but considering he's just so obnoxious, and Heroes calls him "prickly", which I cannot tolerate because that sounds like they're defending his actions, I can't like him. Furthermore, the demon possession thing bothers me because Hinoka should have been more vulnerable to that. She devoted her entire life to getting the avatar back. Her whole life was dedicated to Corrin, to getting Corrin back, and then she finally gets Corrin, she meets him/her, all grown up, she gets excited and her life is complete, and then NOPE. Her mom dies and Corrin runs off with Nohr, the very people who kidnapped him/her in the first place. Hinoka has so much more to be angry about, and she's older than Takumi, so she would remember Corrin a little better than Takumi, and the betrayal would sting much worse. And yet, Takumi is bitter enough already that it's easier to possess him.

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

On 15.9.2017 at 5:35 PM, Florina's #1 Fan said:

Takumi- Kill him off Just... I don't know. As a character, Takumi just annoys me. He should at least trust Azura by this point. She grew up with them, she likes it there, and I don't think she remembers much of living in Nohr, so why would she still have loyalty to Nohr? And the possession thing- don't do it. You don't get how Takumi would actually react to his sibling betraying them, just HATE HATE HATE SHOOT ELISE HATE HATE. It's annoying, and it doesn't make me pity him like demon possession should, I should feel guilt for being the cause of Takumi being depressed enough for demon possession, I shouldn't be laughing at him because he's angst incarnate. If they wrote him a little better, I would like him, but considering he's just so obnoxious, and Heroes calls him "prickly", which I cannot tolerate because that sounds like they're defending his actions, I can't like him. Furthermore, the demon possession thing bothers me because Hinoka should have been more vulnerable to that. She devoted her entire life to getting the avatar back. Her whole life was dedicated to Corrin, to getting Corrin back, and then she finally gets Corrin, she meets him/her, all grown up, she gets excited and her life is complete, and then NOPE. Her mom dies and Corrin runs off with Nohr, the very people who kidnapped him/her in the first place. Hinoka has so much more to be angry about, and she's older than Takumi, so she would remember Corrin a little better than Takumi, and the betrayal would sting much worse. And yet, Takumi is bitter enough already that it's easier to possess him.

This.
Adding to this, Takumi is a whiny little brat. He got the effing Fujin Yumi, the legendary bow, he is a prince of Hoshido, has retainers that wipe his behind 24/7, one of them even gets wet at the mere thought of him, and he STILL feels he gets too little attention? And then he has the ARROGANCE to forbid people from calling him by name until they take a sword for him? Holy crap, Takumi. Just... holy crap.
It's Oboro's nightmare face, isn't it?

Also, make Xander and Ryoma less war-mongering imbeciles who kill first and ask questions later but more understanding of their supposed 'beloved' sibling's choices, as a true family SHOULD be, especially in Revelation.
'It's hard to feel compelled to return to Nohr if you're just gonna cut my damn legs off, Xander!' - DragonFlames' headcanon!Corrin 2k16

As for my most hated character: Just erase Azura from existence. Please.
Her stupidity is unbearable, she doesn't contribute anything positive besides giving you a busted Midori stat-wise, is a complete waste of space gameplay-wise, and in fact she's the reason most of the conflict in Conquest and the entire conflict in Revelation happens in the first place.
To elaborate:
Stupidity:
1) Yeah, you sure feel safe around the guy / gal that went Hulk on a bunch of Vallites and then almost choked you to death, right?
2) If your shitty song injures you every time you sing it, then STOP SINGING IT! It's really that simple.
Gameplay/Story Segregation:
Her stupid, overrated song does jack against the final bosses. It doesn't weaken their stats, it doesn't prevent them from attacking. Nothing. The respective path's final version of the Yato is the only thing that can damage the final bosses in any meaningful fashion and it does so without the song's help.
Also, don't try to tell me Azura can wipe out an entire platoon of Hoshidan soldiers by herself, Conquest. She can't. She just can't.
Conquest:
Instead of showing the stupid plot crystal to everyone, she just shows it to Corrin and no one else in Conquest and then shatters it. Until anyone proves the opposite to me: Azura shattered the plot crystal so that only Corrin could see the truth. She also refuses to reveal anything about Valla WHILE THEY ARE THERE. I can only assume she does this out of pure spite towards either Corrin or the kingdom of Hoshido.
Revelation:
Azura: 'Maybe we can grab [Xander's and Ryoma's] attention if we kill the commanders of their respective platoons?'
DragonFlames' headcanon!Corrin: 'Yeah, sure Azura. Provoke both Hoshido and Nohr by attacking their armies. I'm sure we will have the opportunity to talk over a nice cup of tea afterwards. Are you freaking retarded, woman?'

As an aside, I really don't need a love interest pushed on me by the story when I have the choice who to romance Corrin to, if anyone at all. It was stupid when Awakening did it with Chrom and Sumia, it's even more stupid here, for the fact that Azura is your gosh darn cousin and it's waaay more obvious that Azura is the one you're supposed to marry Corrin to. Guess what, Fates? I'm not going to. Never.

The only way to fix Azura would be to reveal that she was the main villain all along and had naive Corrin wrapped around her little finger to make them an instrument of... whatever her motivation would be. Revenge on Nohr for constant mistreatment? Revenge on Takumi for treating her like dirt? Revenge on Corrin for leading a better life in Nohr than she did? Something along those lines.

Rena Strober's voice is still beautiful, though and her singing voice is equally amazing. Even if she voices the shittiest Fire Emblem character in history and has to sing the most awkward lyrics, this does not change.

Side note: I just noticed: My headcanon!Corrin is either a complete badass or the greatest a-hole that ever existed. I can't really decide which one, though... maybe both? You can be an a-hole and a badass at the same time, right?

And before anyone asks: Yes, I do have an irrationally great amount of hatred towards a fictional character.

Edited by DragonFlames

I don't like either of them, especially not Xander-

Spoiler

"Oh, my sister just sacrificed herself so we'd stop fighting. Screw her and her dying wish, Imma fight you anyway."

Although Ryoma also ticks me off-

Spoiler

"Your beloved younger sibling Elise is dying from a horrible, debilitating disease? Hmm... you join me and I'll let her get a cure!"

And the Revelations scene where you chose not to choose one of them over the other and they both lose it because RARGH HE CAN'T PICK US BOTH WHAT IS THIS KILL HIM WE HATE YOU AND WE WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As for my most hated character: Just erase Azura from existence. Please.
Her stupidity is unbearable, she doesn't contribute anything positive besides giving you a busted Midori stat-wise, is a complete waste of space gameplay-wise, and in fact she's the reason most of the conflict in Conquest and the entire conflict in Revelation happens in the first place.

Hey, that's not fair!

Spoiler

She also makes a really good Sophie.

9 minutes ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:

I don't like either of them, especially not Xander-

Reveal hidden contents

"Oh, my sister just sacrificed herself so we'd stop fighting. Screw her and her dying wish, Imma fight you anyway."

Although Ryoma also ticks me off-

Reveal hidden contents

"Your beloved younger sibling Elise is dying from a horrible, debilitating disease? Hmm... you join me and I'll let her get a cure!"

And the Revelations scene where you chose not to choose one of them over the other and they both lose it because RARGH HE CAN'T PICK US BOTH WHAT IS THIS KILL HIM WE HATE YOU AND WE WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

Hey, that's not fair!

Reveal hidden contents

She also makes a really good Sophie.

But Hinoka!Sophie is so much better, though!

Jokes aside, you and I are on the very same page here, especially concerning Ryoma and Xander.

What makes Ryoma think bribing Corrin with Elise's life is going to persuade them to come back to Hoshido?
And Xander's stupidity is beyond salvaging, like... dude. Your little sister just killed herself to save you both. Why can't you take a freaking hint that your father is an evil b-tard?!?
It doesn't help that they both do it at the expense of Elise, who sets my protective instincts on high gear. Hurt Elise and I'll hurt you right back, tenfold!

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

But Hinoka!Sophie is so much better, though!

Jokes aside, you and I are on the very same page here.

Spoiler

Hinoka!Mitama is a beautiful thing, so I'm afraid I can't do that.

The male royals got on my nerves. The female ones were either tolerable (Sakura, Elise, Hinoka) or I liked them (Camilla). If I count Azura as a royal, though, then... yeah, no, I don't like her either. She's just pair up fodder for my super Hero Silas.

11 minutes ago, Florina's #1 Fan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hinoka!Mitama is a beautiful thing, so I'm afraid I can't do that.

The male royals got on my nerves. The female ones were either tolerable (Sakura, Elise, Hinoka) or I liked them (Camilla). If I count Azura as a royal, though, then... yeah, no, I don't like her either. She's just pair up fodder for my super Hero Silas.

Nice!

Of the male Royals, Leo bothers me the least, but I agree, the female Royals are leagues better than their male counterparts. Sakura and Elise in particular are two of my favourite characters in Fates.
The only thing I don't like about any of the Royals is that their retainers only exist to point out how awesome and amazing their lieges are.
People bash on Corrin for being a 'special snowflake' and praised anywhere and everywhere, but so are the Royals, especially the male ones. Maybe even to a larger dregree than Corrin themselves. To quote Mangs: 'Do you require a Royal Cockstroking, Sire?'

Like, I want to decide what characters I like and dislike myself. The constant: 'Oh, mylord / mylady [insert Royal here] is sooo awesome and sooo amazing! No one can EVER match his / her greatness!' really gets on your nerves fairly quickly.

Remove it or at least tone it down a few pegs and I'll be fine, thank you very much.

Edited by DragonFlames