Can Someone Please Explain Why so Many People Love Lilina?

On 7/19/2017 at 2:55 AM, Azz said:

They eat her up every single time she's on that damned battlefield.

I'm so disappointed in myself for not remembering the most iconic thing to come out of 2017 correctly. I failed you and @Lady Sansa. I will now go to a 6 week church camp where Sister Mary Koont (I caught the T in Koont) will whip me back into shape.

- (Really) Fast support with the main character, Fire + Light affinity both give strong attack bonus.

- 75% Mag growth, with plenty of room to grow.

- Accurate weapon type that targets Res (Extra: you get Aircalibur to One shot all the pesky Wyvern riders you have to deal with).

I used her in my SS Ranked run and she "roflstomped" hard.

Edited by DarkBladeSeth

She's such a sweetheart, so pure, innocent and charming, she looks so cute and using her as a unit is so rewarding. I usually like using mages, but as a unit she kinda sucks, however training her from such a low start and then seeing her as a promoted sage and ORKOing most enemies is divine, not to mention how often she got lucky with level-ups. She being the daughter of hector is a small bonus too and I felt bad for her when Hector died, seeing her trying to stay strong after that and still trying to be helpful, not giving up. Her crush on Roy is adorable and he can't stop talking about him in her support convos. Her FE7 self is even more adorable

Just look at her

Character wise she is inferior to Cecilia in every aspect. Well, but she is best early game anima mage. Even with low starting level, she can easily one shot many enemies and catch with others. She is glass cannon alright, but she murder lot. I can't really compare her with druids as I find them terribly slow, but yeah being easily available and having huge attack as well as decent even if not exactly excellent speed. She is much easier use than others.

On 7/25/2017 at 1:04 PM, Tenzen12 said:

Character wise she is inferior to Cecilia in every aspect. Well, but she is best early game anima mage. Even with low starting level, she can easily one shot many enemies and catch with others. She is glass cannon alright, but she murder lot. I can't really compare her with druids as I find them terribly slow, but yeah being easily available and having huge attack as well as decent even if not exactly excellent speed. She is much easier use than others.

How exactly is she the best earlygame anima mage? Her speed and skill are quite low, and the only thing going for her is her 75% magic growth. She gets doubled and/or ORKO'd by most units lategame, while Lugh (The only other earlygame anima mage) has better availability, good speed and skill, while having decent magic, and not getting doubled by any enemy with a speed stat above 14.

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Dead people doesn't have habit of doubling though.

Lugh has that disadvantage that his opponents often survives...

I've never heard of a Mage so strong that they can typically OHKO targets in all of my FE playing. Special circumstances with special tomes, like Thani and Wrath Micaiah, or Lightning/Mjolnir users in Fates, yes, but Lilina has none of that. And certainly not Lilina. Present me with data and I'll believe this, but without it, I have to assume the enemy was chipped first, and in that case, I don't see the enemy surviving Lugh's double either if he can do it.

Lugh's foes surviving the first hit doesn't mean much if they can't hit him back, which they won't be able to do as long as they aren't 1-2 range or Lugh can't for some positioning reason get into the blind spot. 1-2 range outside of mages tends to have shoddy hit too, so there would be the chance Lugh could dodge too.

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Dead people doesn't have habit of doubling though.

Lugh has that disadvantage that his opponents often survives...

Lilina will almost never ORKO let alone OHKO enemies, mainly because her speed is quite bad. Lugh has enough magic that he'll usually kill when he doubles someone who isn't a druid, sage, or bishop, and he has very good avoid.

Honestly I can as well take your word for it as I didn't played this game for while. Regardless even though I was set on using Lugh to get his supports Lilina always outperformed him with minimal effort. Especially later in game he would tickle enemies at most causing him getting him out-leveled by anyone including such as Clarine who, while not having stellar offensive ability herself, can at least take multiple enemies on at once due her high avoid and have edge in mobility.

Edited by Tenzen12

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Honestly I can as well take your word for it as I didn't played this game for while. Regardless even though I was set on using Lugh to get his supports Lilina always outperformed him with minimal effort. Especially later in game he would tickle enemies at most causing him getting him out-leveled by anyone including such as Clarine who, while not having stellar offensive ability herself, can at least take multiple enemies on at once due her high avoid and have edge in mobility.

It seems you just got home bad level-ups honestly, it can happen to anyone but Karel, but his averages are superior in everything but magic, res, and luck. Lugh's just prone to getting magic screwed.

Well, maybe but "being prone getting magic screwed" (ie beibg night unusable) is not attribute of "best early game mage" especially  compared to consistently strong alternative.

Edited by Tenzen12

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, maybe but "being prone getting magic screwed" (ie beibg night unusable) is not attribute of "best early game mage" especially  compared to consistently strong alternative.

Being prone to having low magic later on doesn't prevent Lugh from being useful otherwise, especially early on where his bases can work just fine because Res is nigh non-existent early on and most of the bosses (up to Chapter 8) are armours which he does more damage than most can, and of the others only 1 has high enough res to be concerning to face.

Then again, I like using both of them, but I haven't tried both at once. Lilina's high power works really well with staves, and so long as she's not screwed for speed she is viable to the end once she has enough growth behind her. Lugh is better at dodging from the start, and his power is usually enough to do the damage (though probably not 1-round most enemies: in hard mode they'll have the stats to last).

13 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, maybe but "being prone getting magic screwed" (ie beibg night unusable)

In what world does being prone to getting magic screwed make him bad? Just look at Raven in FE7. He's prone to getting stat screwed but in no way does that make him a bad unit. Also, Lilina has a higher chance to get speed (arguably the best stat) screwed, at a 35% growth, and will have bad skill at a 25% skill growth. Lilina's only real use if you don't get outrageously lucky is for staves, but saul does that job so much better because he starts with C rank staves (maybe B).

1 hour ago, PieceofPaper said:

Just look at Raven in FE7. He's prone to getting stat screwed but in no way does that make him a bad unit.

Kill the GFAQs meme. Raven means business!

Raven.jpg

Raven's Def growth is average-ish, his Spd growth isn't the highest, but many of those with higher Spd growths have low Con or are utility. His Str growth is slightly lower than Hector's, his HP amazing, Skill is average. Factoring in his bases, his Str isn't quite as good, but he's very fast, fairly accurate, has usable Con for a swordie, and by the time he gets Axes, he'll be fast enough not to sweat the -1/3 AS loss from Iron/Killer and Hand. His Def is low, so is his Luck and Res, but those are consistently bad so you can't call him liable to being screwed there.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kill the GFAQs meme. Raven means business!

Oh, didn't know that was a thing, I just said it because I and a few people I know have had him get speed/skill screwed quite a few times. Sorry I didn't specify that.

• 5 years later...
On 7/16/2017 at 6:31 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, she's kinda considered to be the real love interest of Roy like what Caeda is to Marth, I guess? That automatically makes her more popular.

I don't think she is considered his canon interest in this day and age. A lot of people find her boring and pair Roy with other people. But where it comes this logic that being a love interest make someone interesting? I'm quite curious about that because it makes no sense. 

I think Lilinas popularity comes from the fact that she is Hectors daughter and a cute girl. She is a somewhat flat character though, and her conversation with Roy is boring but she has some good ones with Gonzalez and Ogier, but overall never got her supposed popularity as well. 

Edited by genesis

On 7/30/2017 at 9:30 PM, Tenzen12 said:

Lilina joins later than Lugh and joins underleveled. She has a high Mag growth but not high base Mag. By the time Lilina joins, Lugh could already be much higher level and have a few points higher Mag than Lilina starts with, not to mention the other stats. Lugh can be ready to promote around the same time Lilina joins which gives him a whopping +4 Mag bonus. Lilina is going to be playing catch up for a while, especially if you promote Lugh. And again, I’m just talking about Mag.

Having significantly better Skl and Spd also allows him to double more enemies and more reliably hit enemies giving him the higher and more reliable damage output overall. I wouldn’t consider Lilina “consistently strong”.

On 7/31/2017 at 10:49 AM, PieceofPaper said:

Just look at Raven in FE7. He's prone to getting stat screwed but in no way does that make him a bad unit.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:57 PM, PieceofPaper said:

Oh, didn't know that was a thing, I just said it because I and a few people I know have had him get speed/skill screwed quite a few times.

Yeah I really thought you were going for the meme there too. 

How is it possible for Raven to get Speed and Skill screwed? He is super fast, he’s one of the fastest characters in the game. And most of that Speed doesn’t come from his growth (which is also good) but his high base. In fact, one could even argue that he’s the fastest unit in the game. He has a higher base Spd than Guy, and he also gains +2 Spd from his promotion. This guy would probably be doubling most enemies even if he never gained any Spd from his level ups.

Edited by Whisky

18 hours ago, Florete said:

You people are responding to 5-year-old posts.

13 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

These posts look older than Lilina does.

We're practicing necromancy. Discussion forums are a safer place to start before moving to a graveyard.