BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle!?

MediocreLee

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

A friend and I tried playing the Steam version of the game and it's got bad frame rate issues. We though maybe our computer just wasn't powerful enough to handle it, but other people are reporting the same problem so we may just have a bad port job on our hands. Anyone else on the steam version running into frame rates dropping to 40fps or less when entering a match?

Apparantely it's basically a one-man port job. So the blame is on ASW half-assing it and not having a dedicated team for it; it'll end up solid eventually, but nothing can be done about it right now.

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Apparantely it's basically a one-man port job. So the blame is on ASW half-assing it and not having a dedicated team for it; it'll end up solid eventually, but nothing can be done about it right now.

How soon would you say eventually is? Me and my friend are considering getting a refund on the game until it get's fixed, but we don't want to be too hasty about it.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

How soon would you say eventually is? Me and my friend are considering getting a refund on the game until it get's fixed, but we don't want to be too hasty about it.

Probably a month or two-- the fact the guy was warning some stuff may not work at launch is telling enough.

I'd say go with the refund option, personally.

I've found myself going through the refund question myself and I'm a little stuck. On one hand, I'd get a ton of money back and I could go grab something else that's probably more finished. On the other... if the game is indeed gonna get fixed, I would probably want to re-buy it at that time, meaning all I'd really be doing is temporarily reallocating my account's credit, raising some extra money, and getting the same thing later, which sounds kinda silly in my head.

At least the service will give me 2 weeks to make a choice.