Thoughts on my Fire Emblem Revelations pairings?

Over a long period of mix and matching I think I have finally come up with a decent fire emblem fates pairing list. This list will be based on solely competitive optimization of the children's stat mods and their end classes.  I will  explain each pairing and state the class I plan on ending the child as. The chosen parent with be on the right while the child's name will be on the left, i.e Kaze!Shigure. Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am not 100% sure of these pairings and would like to hear some of your input.

Kaze!Shigure - Kaze has been chosen as the father of shigure because of the insane +7 spd and +4 skill mods that Shigure ends with. He does have -1 str and -3 def but the strength isn't that significant and the defense is covered by the insane speed that Shigure will cap at. I will probably end him as either a master ninja or a swordsmaster if he gets a+ in support with hisame.

Azura!Midori - Midori is pretty much an identical twin to Shigure stat wise and has pretty much the same reasoning as Shigure, but she will probably be ended as a master ninja since her speed stat amazingly complements the class's naturally high speed stat. She'll also be a possible candidate of the Awakening skill but i'm not sure of which female child I should give it to as of yet.

Setsuna!Dywer -N/A

Peri!Soleil - N/A

Oboro!Sophie

Kagero!Shiro - Makes a great spear master with a +5 str mod, +2 skl and +1 spd, only bad side is -2 def but spear masters are naturally bulky.

Mozu!Kiragi - Makes a great sniper with +5 skl, +2 str and +1 def along with the fact that it makes takumi's neg spd mod neutral.

Sakura!Asugi - N/A

Hana!Selkie - Hana gives selkie the samurai tree along with +3 str, +5 spd and +4 res which makes an exceptional swordsmaster or nine-tails. Drawbacks are the -1 skl and -4 def but it's all mitigated by the beastone  and the amazing spd stat.

Selena!Hisame

Hinoka!Mitama - N/A

Rinkah!Caeldori - Someone had to take the rinkah and the irony lies in rinkah ruining children's perfection. Ending her as subaki's wife is only fitting along with the fact that subaki is the only one that doesn't completely get butchered by rinkah's bad mods. She leaves caeldori with +1 skl and + 6 def with -1 str which is acceptable but the classes she provides are hot garbage, literally! I'll prob marry her to Ignatius for her to get the knight tree and prob end her as a general or great knight so that she can ride Ignatius to victory!

Orochi!Rhajat - N/A

Charlotte!Siegbert - Charlotte makes this kid a complete savage with +6 str and +2 spd and her -2 def is neutralized by xander's +2 def. Many say that he's good as a paladin while others say to make him a hero, not so sure myself, but boy does he have a lot of great classes to choose from!

Felicia!Forrest - N/A

Beruka!Ignatius - Apparently best mother for ignatius and I can see why with the +3 skl, +6 def and +1 res. Prob best general in the game.

Camilla!Velouria - Great +5 str, +1 spd and +4 def for a wolfssenger and also makes vel have cute purple hair.

Effie!Percy - N/A

Elise!Ophelia - Ophelia gets +5 mag,+1 spd and +1 res but an unfortunate -2 def. However, the low defense doesn't stop her from becoming a crit machine. She will prob be ended as a witch since witch's have higher speed caps then sorcs. I also am debating whether to use the exalt's brand on her to give her awakening because of the insane possible crit rate I can get her at with the +30 from awakening and +10 from her personal skill, slap on gamble, death blow and a mjolnir and you have a near 100% crit rate.

Nyx!Nina - N/A

Nina!Kana - Kana has many possible parents and routes so this is the pairing that i'm mostly unsure about. Since my Male Avatar has a +mag boon and -lck bane, I decided to build her as a speedy mage. However, i'm not sure if this is the right way to go since this makes kana a 100% better version of nina and the fact that I can literally make kana into anything I want depending on the parent, which I am unsure of what class I really would need since I have already so many good kids. So I decided to make kana my best mage by giving her nina as her mom. Nina gives her an end total of +7 mag, +8 spd and +5 res. However, she gets -2 skl and -1 def. She also gets -3 lck which is rather unfortunate.  The -2 skl is still bugging me but it's worth the sacrifice imo. I debated on givng her ophelia as a mom but the +8 spd is too good to pass up.

I mostly want to hear your thoughts on what you would make a +mag/-lck kana and what parent you would give her as well as your thoughts on the other kids parents and end classes as well as suggestions for possible better pairing setups. Also, I used an inheritance planner to see my mods and possible other options so if there are any errors I made please do point them out. For those of you who also plan on optimizing children here is the planner I used  https://inheritance-planner.herokuapp.com/ .

Edited by Fire Emblem is cool
adding more content

I recommend a more strenght focused mom for Mitama. Preferably Effie or Hinoka since that nets you either a +6 or +4 in Str and still a +3 in Speed (she really doesn't need help in that stat). Mitama should be turned into a Berserker or similarly strength focused class if at all possible (though Berserker only works with Marriage Seal via M!Kana).

I'd also recommend switching Nyx and Felicia around. Rhajat will not have negative skill, only very slightly less speed/magic and much better luck. Meanwhile, Nina will be better able to utilize the Shining Bow and she isn't as bothered by the loss of skill as Rhajat. 

Edited by Nanima

i agree with your idea about making nyx nina's mom but i gave rhajat orochi to make her skill growth at least somewhat decent as well as increase her overall skl cap. as for mitama, i wanted a swordsmaster and she was the only kid left that already had a naturally high spd mod, so she seemed like an amazing fit for a swordmaster considering i had no kids that were going to end as swordmasters. as for giving her effie or hinoka, who would i give to percy or sophie in each of those respective cases?

On 7/18/2017 at 9:37 PM, Fire Emblem is cool said:

Over a long period of mix and matching I think I have finally come up with a decent fire emblem fates pairing list. This list will be based on solely competitive optimization of the children's stat mods and their end classes.  I will  explain each pairing and state the class I plan on ending the child as. The chosen parent with be on the right while the child's name will be on the left, i.e Kaze!Shigure. Any advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am not 100% sure of these pairings and would like to hear some of your input.

Kaze!Shigure - Kaze has been chosen as the father of shigure because of the insane +7 spd and +4 skill mods that Shigure ends with. He does have -1 str and -3 def but the strength isn't that significant and the defense is covered by the insane speed that Shigure will cap at. I will probably end him as either a master ninja or a falcon knight if I find the need for an extra healer.

Azura!Midori - Midori is pretty much an identical twin to Shigure stat wise and has pretty much the same reasoning as Shigure, but she will probably be ended as a master ninja since her speed stat amazingly complements the class's naturally high speed stat. She'll also be a possible candidate of the Awakening skill but i'm not sure of which female child I should give it to as of yet.

on my Revelations playthrough, I had a Midori!Selena alongside Azama!Shigure. for the former Selena gave her alot of good choices for skill inherentance (Air Superioity, Shurikenbreaker, friggin Countermagic if you know where to look which is what i gave her) Plus the choice of Bow Knight which fits her just fine even if i have her on hero for the moment. Granted, the -2 Str is a damn shame (which leaves her maxed strength at 32 if you can get it that high) but i feel it's a good trade. 

The latter pairing choice however, gives Shigure a very impressive +3 strength boost (47 max strength if you are wondering) alongside the accessibility of Rally Luck & Magic added to his choices of rally skills with Resistance and Speed with the options of Countermagic and Renewal. That gives me a very useful and tanky (on the magic side) Great Master. My Azama gave him Rend heaven as his inheritance skill and Azura's was Lancefaire.

Edited by Raccoon844

19 minutes ago, Raccoon844 said:

on my Revelations playthrough, I had a Midori!Selena alongside Azama!Shigure. for the former Selena gave her alot of good choices for skill inherentance (Air Superioity, Shurikenbreaker, friggin Countermagic if you know where to look which is what i gave her) Plus the choice of Bow Knight which fits her just fine even if i have her on hero for the moment. Granted, the -2 Str is a damn shame (which leaves her maxed strength at 32 if you can get it that high) but i feel it's a good trade. 

The latter pairing choice however, gives Shigure a very impressive +3 strength boost (47 max strength if you are wondering) alongside the accessibility of Rally Luck & Magic added to his choices of rally skills with Resistance and Speed with the options of Countermagic and Renewal. That gives me a very useful and tanky (on the magic side) Great Master. My Azama gave him Rend heaven as his inheritance skill and Azura's was Lancefaire.

Well, i'm not too concerned with the skills that I can get from classes but more importantly the mods and the class itself since online fates PvP is about who has the most broken units and best classes and that's pretty much what i'm going for as I can buy pretty much any skill I want from other people's castles. As for a Selena!Midori I think an Azura!Midori is slightly better in the higher str,skl and spd she gives her compared to selena, but selena is still not a bad option since she acts as a watered down version of azura but with better defense mods handed down to midori. I also decided to give Kaze to Azura because you get a +4 skl and +7 spd shigure which can make him a great falcon knight or master ninja.

23 hours ago, Fire Emblem is cool said:

i agree with your idea about making nyx nina's mom but i gave rhajat orochi to make her skill growth at least somewhat decent as well as increase her overall skl cap. as for mitama, i wanted a swordsmaster and she was the only kid left that already had a naturally high spd mod, so she seemed like an amazing fit for a swordmaster considering i had no kids that were going to end as swordmasters. as for giving her effie or hinoka, who would i give to percy or sophie in each of those respective cases?

Okay.

If you are in such dire need for a sword master I actually can suggest Rinkah!Shiro. No her mods aren't terrible with him, although not particularly outstanding. It does land him a nice +3 Speed and decent growths (also the classes she gives have pretty damn good skills) and his only negative cap will be - 1 Res. He'll make for a pretty good swordmaster with that + crit chance skill in tow. Then just give Kagero to Sophie and Hinoka to Mitama. As for Setsuna!Caeldori, she won't have a negative strength cap now, and only a -1 in Luck and Res.

The way the inheritance system is set-up makes me feel like there is always at least one child that won't reach it's full potential. But I'd rather that child be say, Caeldori, who even with ideal genes doesn't turn out spectacular, than Mitama, who always becomes a Game Breaker with the right mom.

17 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Okay.

If you are in such dire need for a sword master I actually can suggest Rinkah!Shiro. No her mods aren't terrible with him, although not particularly outstanding. It does land him a nice +3 Speed and decent growths (also the classes she gives have pretty damn good skills) and his only negative cap will be - 1 Res. He'll make for a pretty good swordmaster with that + crit chance skill in tow. Then just give Kagero to Sophie and Hinoka to Mitama. As for Setsuna!Caeldori, she won't have a negative strength cap now, and only a -1 in Luck and Res.

The way the inheritance system is set-up makes me feel like there is always at least one child that won't reach it's full potential. But I'd rather that child be say, Caeldori, who even with ideal genes doesn't turn out spectacular, than Mitama, who always becomes a Game Breaker with the right mom.

rinkah!shiro doesnt have bad mods but i think the main point of the kids are to be much better versions of the first gen characters, while i'm not saying all of these kids will outclass the first gen characters, the majority of them will, and the mitama that setsuna creates is just too good of a swordsmaster to pass up since she gives her a +5 spd stat and only makes her skl stat better. but if i do end up going with hinoka as a mother, what class do i end mitama as, and why shouldn't i just stick with setsuna as a mom if setsuna gives her better spd and skl?

26 minutes ago, Fire Emblem is cool said:

rinkah!shiro doesnt have bad mods but i think the main point of the kids are to be much better versions of the first gen characters, while i'm not saying all of these kids will outclass the first gen characters, the majority of them will, and the mitama that setsuna creates is just too good of a swordsmaster to pass up since she gives her a +5 spd stat and only makes her skl stat better. but if i do end up going with hinoka as a mother, what class do i end mitama as, and why shouldn't i just stick with setsuna as a mom if setsuna gives her better spd and skl?

If you really think the kids should be the best they can be then consider that Mitama's special selling point is her amazing strength cap (which runs so counter to her starting class) Bringing that down with Setsuna just seems like a waste. She'll still have a +3 Speed cap with Hinoka (Effie is even better here of course, but she is tied up with Percy. Although you could also give him Peri and have Dwyer get Selena, since Soleil seems to be a filler unit for you anyway), which for a Swordmaster is still enough to double most everything. We might have different priorities, but really speed ceases to matter when you are at a point you can double most things at. On the other hand, every single point in Strength will always count for something. 

hinoka doesn't increase her str that much and barely makes a difference in str when put in comparison to setsuna, who doesn't even increase her str. if anything, effie makes the most out of her strength and would make a great unit out of her, however effie just seems so perfect as percy's mother, it's kind of hard to find a replacement mom for him as great as effie. i also feel as though oboro makes a slightly better mitama since she gives her higher skl and def compared to the res that hinoka gives mitama. oboro still ends mitama off with a +4 in str and a +3 in spd so wouldn't oboro be better than hinoka for mitama in general since the only thing hinoka gives mitama that oboro doesn't is the +3 res, which mitama will most likely not benefit that much from considering she would end off as an offensive class such as a berserker since you mentioned it before. sophie imo would much more benefit from hinoka since she will end as a paladin, which focus on having balanced defenses. if i do end up giving mitama oboro, who would be my swordsmaster and who would i give to hisame as a mom? i have seen the mods that setsuna provides to hisame and they aren't that impressive considering he is not speedy in the first place, leaving him as a swordsmaster with setsuna as a mom would make him have the same spd cap as ryoma, which basically gives me no reason to use him over ryoma. ultimately, i wanted hisame to end as a bulky fighter since his def is naturally high, with oboro as a parent he gets spear master but since i'm ending shiro as a spear master, who should get the waterwheel and i also want to know if it's even worth having 2 spear masters since you can only have 1 waterwheel, naturally making one of them better than the other unless i keep switching the waterwheel between them. edit - what are your thoughts on these pairings: effie x azama, kagero x arthur, setsuna x ryoma. since you said effie was the best mom for mitama i decided to do some switching around and ended up with this, tell me if you agree with it or not. kagero is somewhat better with percy since he already has a low spd cap and mitama definitely uses the +1 spd from effie much better than percy does. kagero also gives percy higher res which effie in sorts only makes lower. the rest of the caps percy got from effie are the same as kagero in the +5 str and +3 skl. i needed a swordsmaster and somewhere to put setsuna so i gave shiro setsuna which basically turns him into a glass cannon with the mods 2/1/4/5/1/-2/-2. tell me if i should keep this or change it for something else.

Edited by Fire Emblem is cool