What should Faye be promoted into?

Personnally, I didn't follow the "canon" classes for villagers, but rather their interests in becoming this or that.

Tobin became a mage, Kliff an archer (archers usually have good overall stats in FE and Kliff had about 11-15 everywhere), Gray a mercenary because he didn't do any good level up so I was bored of him and promoted him around level 10-12 (like Tobin who was a lot better).

Faye had around 16 attack and 17 defence as a level 20 villager. Even my Lukas didn't reach so much defence (he had about 14 def at level 20 soldier). Assuming that I used villager Faye to bait ennemies, including archers, and that she had such high attack and defence, I made her a cavalier. Why? Because she has baron stats. A mage with baron stats, not able to double mid-game ennemies wouldn't be very useful. A cleric with so high defence would be a total waste of her tanking ability. A pegasus without speed would be a pain and she would have more difficulty to tank archers, that's not what I desired.

So she's a baron-like cavalier with very high attack and defence. I'm training her to 1v1 Baron Desaix in final part 1. I don't know how good armor crush is, but I'm gonna try it. Anyway, she will probably take 1 damage per hit so I don't worry too much.

DSC_0069.JPG

Anything is good for her, but it depends on party composition.

For example, cavalier is bad in Alm's route but good in Celica's. The other way around for pegasus and mage.

The best is probably Cleric.

As you can see, she is 1 class below him and she has way more skill, nearly as much attack and defence and 3 more movement. Generals are often disliked in FE games because of their ultra giga omega low movement that makes them nearly useless because they only slow the team's progress on the map. If your cavalier has general stats, then you can't spurt on it anymore ^^.

Yes, but she has good defense in other classes too. As a pegasus she will be nearly as much defense but will be faster, it's a give and take. As a mage she'll have even less defense, but she won't need a weapon and can thus equip a shield for tanking needs.

Also, if you didn't grind her, you probably just got lucky with her levels. She is strong and tanky, but not that strong and tanky.

5 hours ago, Enaluxeme said:

Yes, but she has good defense in other classes too. As a pegasus she will be nearly as much defense but will be faster, it's a give and take. As a mage she'll have even less defense, but she won't need a weapon and can thus equip a shield for tanking needs.

Also, if you didn't grind her, you probably just got lucky with her levels. She is strong and tanky, but not that strong and tanky.

This is correct. The main issue, in my opinion, with making Faye into a cavalier is that you get 2 very good mounted units later on in Alm's route anyway.

Faye should be promoted into a Cleric because once she promotes into Saint, she basically just breaks the game with the amazing support bonuses she gets from Alm. 

Also, Cleric!Faye learns Phsyic at lv.6 and she's your only healer besides Silque until you promote one of your mages/recruit Tatiana.

Faye is pretty good in any class though is the thing. I'd say she's up there in terms of the villagers. So you're not losing out by making her a peg. Especially in endgame -

It'll be useful to have lots of pegs against the army of mogalls.

57 minutes ago, Umbran Darros said:

Faye is pretty good in any class though is the thing. I'd say she's up there in terms of the villagers. So you're not losing out by making her a peg. Especially in endgame -

Reveal hidden contents

It'll be useful to have lots of pegs against the army of mogalls.

Good to know lol.  Honestly, I didn't know what I was doing when I re classed my villagers I just did what I wanted with Tobin as an archer, Gray as a Merc, and Kliff as a Mage.  Tobin and Kliff are killin it but Gray while initially strong seems to have bad growths or my luck in level ups has been bad.

IIRC Gray has atrocious speed growth so he's going to have to rely on the promotion gain for speed every time he promotes. That's why merc is so good for him. These are pretty good class choices though. Tobin and Python complement each other very well. Admittedly I haven't really been using Kliff on Alm so I don't have much to say in that regard. (I recruited him on Celica my most recent run but I haven't been playing FE15 much recently - I blame the Steam sale.)

15 minutes ago, Umbran Darros said:

IIRC Gray has atrocious speed growth so he's going to have to rely on the promotion gain for speed every time he promotes. That's why merc is so good for him. These are pretty good class choices though. Tobin and Python complement each other very well. Admittedly I haven't really been using Kliff on Alm so I don't have much to say in that regard. (I recruited him on Celica my most recent run but I haven't been playing FE15 much recently - I blame the Steam sale.)

I don't know how he compares with Celica's mages but Kilff for me as a mage is turning out to be a beast. 

Just now, LordOTaco said:

I don't know how he compares with Celica's mages but Kilff for me as a mage is turning out to be a beast. 

Celica has Mae and Sonya. Priestess is certainly a better class than sage. I made him an archer because of that exact purpose. Kliff's main competitors on Alm's route are Delthea and Luthier. I think Luthier is good but he's certainly not incredible and Kliff probably does better. Delthea is amazing but needs the mage ring to not be locked to two range forever (but priestess is a better class soooooo) and has defensive issues. IIRC (someone step in if I'm wrong please) Kliff doesn't really excel too much, but he's more durable than Delthea is and has 3 range without range extending items.

3 minutes ago, Umbran Darros said:

Celica has Mae and Sonya. Priestess is certainly a better class than sage. I made him an archer because of that exact purpose. Kliff's main competitors on Alm's route are Delthea and Luthier. I think Luthier is good but he's certainly not incredible and Kliff probably does better. Delthea is amazing but needs the mage ring to not be locked to two range forever (but priestess is a better class soooooo) and has defensive issues. IIRC (someone step in if I'm wrong please) Kliff doesn't really excel too much, but he's more durable than Delthea is and has 3 range without range extending items.

I didn't know that I'm currently playing through blind lol.  I'm part way through Act 2 now.

11 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I didn't know that I'm currently playing through blind lol.  I'm part way through Act 2 now.

Oh shit! My apologies. I know they're not heavy spoilers anyway - you can use everyone just fine.

1 minute ago, Umbran Darros said:

Oh shit! My apologies. I know they're not heavy spoilers anyway - you can use everyone just fine.

Haha don't worry I didn't mention it before or anything I always play FE blind the first time around characters and promoting wise that is. 

2 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Well crap I kinda promoted mine into a Peg Knight lol.

I don't blame ya cause I did that as well lol!

Luckily though, the first DLC is free so you can use that to change her back if you screwed her up.