Could you live for more than two weeks without a bath or shower?

It sounds disgusting?
It IS disgusting!

For already 16 days my dad and me wait till the new shower is installed because craftsmen don't work properly.

How to do my body care?
Well, since I don't have a bath I have to do the "nostalgic" way by picking a bucket with water to throw it over my body in the garden like in good old times, decades, no even centuries ago. I'm feeling like in the mid age.
I just have to take care that no one sees me...

What's the point of this topic?
Body care without bath or shower isn't only exhausting, but it also gives me an anxious feeling.
I don't wish anyone to come in a similar situation like this.

I've dealt with this problem before...

Back in my previous house the boiler couldn't stay boiling for shit and always crapped out on us. We had to heat up our own bucket of water and shower like that because fuck cold showers. The worst part? Our shower was in the 2nd floor. Meaning I had to carry a large bucket with me up the stairs every time I needed to shower. I'm glad I live in an apartment again because I don't have to be responsible for the boiler again.

23 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

can't you just go to a local swimming pool or gym and use the showers

plus you get a workout

That's a pretty nice idea.
Maybe too simple that I didn't come up with it.
I have a few lakes in my area I could use.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I've dealt with this problem before...

Back in my previous house the boiler couldn't stay boiling for shit and always crapped out on us. We had to heat up our own bucket of water and shower like that because fuck cold showers. The worst part? Our shower was in the 2nd floor. Meaning I had to carry a large bucket with me up the stairs every time I needed to shower. I'm glad I live in an apartment again because I don't have to be responsible for the boiler again.

Honestly I'm lucky it's summertime means warm outside. So I can do this without any problems right now. Since it's pretty hot outside I don't use too warm water. I even use the garden sprayer to splash my body which is enitrely cold water. Nice way to refresh.
If it was wintertime, then I'd have a problem. Then I could do the advice in the post above which is as simple as effective.

well I'm sure I'd be capable of living that long without showering

whether I'd feel fine putting up with it?? yeeeaaaah definitely not ^o^

1 hour ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

I have a few lakes in my area I could use.

ahhhh in my experience lakes are incredibly icky and they'd always make me smell real bad. I don't think a lake sounds like a place you'd go if you wanted to get clean >u> If you wanted to smell like fish, then sure!!

maybe at the very least just a water source that isn't stagnant? idk how much better rivers are actually because last I swam in a river I was really young and never really noticed bad smells as easily

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't know if I could do it. I mean I have gone ~5 days without a shower, but by that point I really feel a very powerful urge to shower. Hair gets far too greasy, face feels terrible because of the grease, smell becomes extremely unpleasant (not that it wasn't by the end of day 2).

I have heard that using a wet cloth with some soapy water is great for washing yourself without a shower or bathtub. At the very least, it would help clean the important areas -- armpits, crotch, ass, and feet. For hair, I would suggest the water bucket, or that shampoo that doesn't need water (never used it but i have a friend that uses them, she just brushes her hair after using it and her hair is clean). 

Throwing water from a bucket is a bit more difficult in a yard, i would think. Specially, when you are concerned about privacy. I have done it before with hot water bucket, back when i lived in a place with no water heater and it felt too cold in the early mornings for a cold shower (I lived near the equator where temperature during the day is almost always in the ~20 degrees celcius or higher, so early mornings feel cold).

Oily hair is a thing if you dip in a free nature lake I have to say.
In my case it doesn't really matter since I usually wear very short hair.

The bucket thing in the garden is that we have a translucent fence the neighbors could look through so I'm feeling uncomfortable whenever I clean myself.

After thinking about it I guess I complained a bit too much. People exist who live without electricity or warm water. If I lived in Siberia, it would be a quite other thing. 
I can be happy for living in a moderate clima.

Also after 17 days of oldscholl cleaning the shower is finally established and can be used now.

19 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Btw if anyone has dandruff, then not showering a two days at the very least might your head very itchy. I know mine is.

This is another reason that such an extenede period without a shower becomes an issue... It gets so itchy, and a one point you scratch so much things start hurting... Also my face dries up so much it starts itching and hurting as well.... 

• 2 months later...

Sry for this necro, but I find it quite fitting to share my next "no shower" story.
I moved in a new flat last weekend. However sth. on the heater is defect so I can neither heat the room, nor I have warm water. Washing the dishes is annoying because it takes more time to get rid of the dirt. But the main problem is that I can't shower, for one week now. I'm not badass enough to do cold showers in this weather period. And unlike in the previous flat I have no garden (technically I have but without fence) where I can overtilt water over my body without taking the risk that anyone can see me.
Sure, I could go to a bath house but eh...

However I'm feeling reaallllly

Spoiler

right now.

PS: Sorry for posting shitty music but I found no other song title which fits more to my current situation.

just do cold showers anyway

jk i know how brutal it is to take cold showers 

unrelated but maybe you could the badge under the sig image lol. looks kinda displaced to me

Edited by Renne

skips reading topic

u would literally die from a yeast infection in ur eyeballs, tru facts

edit: do you have anything in the house or whatever that generates heat at all? you could try putting the water in a lot of bags and lying with it under a blanket, then using that to bathe. It'll be lukewarm but better than nothing

Edited by I'm gay dabadeedabada

3 hours ago, Renne said:

just do cold showers anyway

jk i know how brutal it is to take cold showers 

unrelated but maybe you could the badge under the sig image lol. looks kinda displaced to me

I'm still thinking about how to design my sig. but several works distract me for the moment.

49 minutes ago, I'm gay dabadeedabada said:

skips reading topic

u would literally die from a yeast infection in ur eyeballs, tru facts

edit: do you have anything in the house or whatever that generates heat at all? you could try putting the water in a lot of bags and lying with it under a blanket, then using that to bathe. It'll be lukewarm but better than nothing

The heater works fine, but an instrument of the boiler is defect and has to be replaced.
There's no way to get warm water unless for warming up water in a microwave or water boiler (I don't have yet). And that wouldn't be enough water for a shower...

Used the shower of my dad today without his notice because he still slept thankfully.
Also the shower was totally dirty... which didn't surprise tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly couldn’t. 

Wow it’s scary that you’d have to do that. I’d hate doing that. When my bathroom messed up there was a nearby hotel letting people use their showers haha even in actual showers I got caught nude once -.- so yeah I’d fail to be sneaky your way