Robin, Lucina, and Lissa Gameplay (Direct Feed)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

It was when Corrin was doing something (okay, that's like half the video so probably not much help) it was one of those "good job" cut ins that they do.

Yeah, gonna need to be more specific than that, since I'm not interested in seeing Corrin's gameplay that much. 

9 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

The constant pauses should be able to be turned off in the full game, as per E3 interviews.  The only obnoxious sound I heard was when Lissa was low on health, which probably means its a low health warning similar to how Zelda warns you about low hearts.

Oh right. I didn't check her HP, and it was one beep per second, so I thought it was the timer. I do hope you can turn that off too; never been a fan of it in Pokémon or Zelda, and I doubt many people are, as they've steadily moved away from it.

In other news, Lucina using her special move on Chrom saying "just watch, Father" is priceless. Kind of reminds me of:

dirty_tactician__dub_added__by_lethality

REVENGE!

Edited by Thane

Lissa's gameplay looks really adorable and I love she pulls out her staff to baseball bat people with.  Lucina looks about standard.  But Robin looks like a ton of fun to play as.  I'm glad they went with a full magical style rather than making him attack with levin sword as standard.

Just now, Thane said:

Oh right. I didn't check her HP, and it was one beep per second, so I thought it was the timer. I do hope you can turn that off too; never been a fan of it in Pokémon or Zelda, and I doubt many people are, as they've steadily moved away from it.

In other news, Lucina using her special move on Chrom saying "just watch, Father" is priceless. Kind of reminds me of:

dirty_tactician__dub_added__by_lethality

Now consider Robin and Lucina being married. XP

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

When I get home I'll probably show you guys some Xu Huang footage so you can compare his axe "grapples" to Lissa.

Or maybe I can show you guys some Xu Huang footage so you can compare his axe "grapples" to Lissa's now!

Edited by Lightchao42

I wonder if Lucina said that because she was fighting Chrom.

Also, Chrom's comment about halves is out of place given that this is apparently the beginning of Awakening. Unless maybe it's actually during the peacetime period where they may still have not gone up against Grima.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Which makes me wonder why did Pokémon BW and the sequels have a theme that played specifically when your Pokémon was at low health... it's kind of a buzzkill, if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Thanks, and you are correct. Robin isn't someone that would enjoy something like that.

He's been spending too much time with his female counterpart.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Thanks, and you are correct. Robin isn't someone that would enjoy something like that.

The quote is probably meant in a 'its fun to watch how you fight' way (which does fit Robin's character, IMO), rather than a sadistic 'its fun to see you kill so many enemies'.

Granted, since these lines are generic, he could end up saying that to someone who genuinely enjoys slaughtering their enemies, but I don't think sadist Robin is the intent of the quote.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I always liked Frederick. He was fun to use and he really didn't become that much of an experience sponge and I always found use for him in Awakening. The very first time, I paired him with Cherche.

Yay. ^^ Cherche is a good wife for him too! I actually like Freddy with a lot of women, not just female Robin. She's simply my favorite for him. lol

I just wound up looking at a lot of Freddy's supports and just falling in love with pretty much every bit of his personality. <3 I like nearly every one of them in some way!

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Where did he say that?

I remember hearing it, but not exactly when. I just know it was there. It didn't seem all that sadistic to me...

And since when has female Robin ever been sadistic? You're thinking of female Morgan, Folt. She's the sadistic little creep.

Edited by Anacybele

Kinda wished that GameXplain would have played the newer characters a bit more instead of like 10 minutes of Corrin who we already seen, but judging from the footage now the 3 are pretty interesting. Lucina kinda reminds me a bit like Chrom, maybe a bit faster than him and I also like the bow she gets when he uses her musou attack. Robin's moveset is pretty amazing, I like how a lot of his moves are basically designed to deal with a crowd, I also like how they made him a lefty and float around while he runs. As for Lissa, not sure if Fredrick getting stuck to her axe is a unique feature to her or some kind of glitch, but I'm glad she has a pretty decent moveset.

9 minutes ago, Rodriguezjr said:

Kinda wished that GameXplain would have played the newer characters a bit more instead of like 10 minutes of Corrin who we already seen, but judging from the footage now the 3 are pretty interesting. Lucina kinda reminds me a bit like Chrom, maybe a bit faster than him and I also like the bow she gets when he uses her musou attack. Robin's moveset is pretty amazing, I like how a lot of his moves are basically designed to deal with a crowd, I also like how they made him a lefty and float around while he runs. As for Lissa, not sure if Fredrick getting stuck to her axe is a unique feature to her or some kind of glitch, but I'm glad she has a pretty decent moveset.

Maybe Derrick was just being spiteful.

I also agree that there should've been more Robin and less Corrin. Robin looked the most interesting, but we only got what, one minute of him out of like seventeen? That was rather lame.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I also agree that there should've been more Robin and less Corrin. Robin looked the most interesting, but we only got what, one minute of him out of like seventeen? That was rather lame.

Especially when you consider that a lot of the times they switched to Corrin, either Robin or Lucina was right there so they could have used them for objectives instead.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Especially when you consider that a lot of the times they switched to Corrin, either Robin or Lucina was right there so they could have used them for objectives instead.

Yeah, Robin said a few things while they were messing around with Corrin, now that I think about it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Robin said a few things while they were messing around with Corrin, now that I think about it.

I don't think proximity matters for those, but I littler saw them a few times in the same general area on the screen.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I don't think proximity matters for those, but I littler saw them a few times in the same general area on the screen.

Oh, that's what you meant. I wasn't paying much attention to that. :P

I was just watching Corrin or Lucina move around and waiting for Frederick to show up. lol

Which reminds me, I'm certain I saw him backflip with his horse again like in the French demo! It wasn't from being hit or anything, he did it on his own! So his horse IS just as acrobatic as Xander's, YES.

2 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

I interpreted it as more "Wow, those were some cool moves", not "Wow, that's a lot of blood."

I knew when they mentioned it in the other thread about Lissa "grappling" with her axe, it was gonna be like Xu Huang's moveset. It looks derpy in DW when he "catches" big enemies, and it looks just as derpy when Lisaa does it to Frederick. I still really like it, though. Robin's moveset was pretty awesome as well; I really like that he can float when he picks up speed, though the little roll he does before it makes it look a bit weird. Still cool.

Too bad the majority of the video was Lucina and Corrin. Oh well. I wish they'd at least tease some other characters in the game.

Edited by saisymbolic