Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?

Which Archanean characters do you think will make it in?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters that have appeared in all of & at least twice outside of 1/3/11/12 do you think are most likely to appear in Warriors?

• Tiki (Appears 5 times & has an amiibo)
    • Palla/Catria/Est (appears 5 times)
    • Navarre (appears 5 times)
    • Caeda (appears 4 times)
    • Camus/Zeke/Sirius (appears 4 times)
    • Ogma (appears 3 times)
    • Minerva (appears 3 times)
    • Draug
    • Cain
    • Abel
    • Gordin
    • Jagen
    • Linde (Appears 3 times)
    • Merric
    • Nyna
    • Hardin
    • Macellan/Dolph
    • Gharnef/Medeus

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

Although I'm still hoping that Minnerva makes it and Barst, Corst and Cord make it in too along with Ogma

I know we're short on axe users but wouldn't making no less than 4 of the Archenean additions axe users be a bit of an overkill :): We don't even know how many characters they will end up getting. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I know we're short on axe users but wouldn't making no less than 4 of the Archenean additions axe users be a bit of an overkill :): We don't even know how many characters they will end up getting. 

I think they'll get at least four to fit the trailer trend.

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You may be right. I wasn't thinking about the total number of axe user that would make, although part of me still thinks it would be awesome. Reasons? Minnerva is the best Wyvern lord, and you can never have too many axes! In all seriousness though I mainly included them because of their relation to Ogma and that in FE1 Ogma, Barst, Corst and Cord all join on the 2nd map of the game. Meaning that because these are all early game recruits I think they have a fair chance as I've noticed a theme of how characters relate to one another and that the characters selected for Warriors so far have all been early game units for their respective games.

All of this speculating is getting on my nerves, so I'll give my own thoughts and be done with it. I will be operating under the assumption that we're chronologically post-Shadow Dragon, pre-Mystery and will cover them by country. Also, I'm mainly focusing on playable characters. Character names will be bolded.

Altea and Talys: I opted to lump these together because Talys is an insignificant little island beyond being where it all began. We already have Marth and I'm certain we'll have at least one other, if not more.

• Caeda immediately comes to mind on account of being Marth's betrothed and her dedication to fighting by his side. Her presence would also give us a third Pegasus Knight in case they want to add a three-game Triangle Attack, which would be swell. I would not be surprised if she uses swords here, we already have two lance PKs and with Heroes I get the feeling Intelligent Systems is trying to unperson the Wing Spear, but who knows.
  • To represent the Altean Knights, I would expect Cain, Jagen, or Draug in that order. Cain is by far the most representative of the Knights of his generation; Jagen only has a few years left and Cain assumes his mantle eventually. Still, those old bones might have enough of a fight left in them for one more go. Draug is kind of in the middle but as an Armor Knight he has a lot of weapon flexibility and could be given swords (please no), lances or even axes. Gordin is probably the least representative of the Knights and I cannot see him appearing alone, but with another Altean Knight or his mentor Jeorge I wouldn't count him out. Abel retired after the war and is not showing up without Cain.
  • Merric would be a solid choice for magic representation given that he's a close friend of Marth and has Excalibur in his arsenal. One might argue this gives him too much overlap with archers but we've seen Takumi in action and it's a beat 'em up game, so he won't encroach on them too badly.
  • I cannot see anyone from Talys besides Caeda showing up. Ogma was probably passed over for how many swords the mandatories already bring, Barst is the only axe bro worth mentioning and seems like a real stretch, and Wrys has "cannot fight" written on his business card. Castor is another bow and potentially one on a horse but I expect him less than Barst. Wherever Navarre would fit, see Ogma.

Minerva: Is the only character I can see from Macedon getting in, but is a very strong choice. She adds another Dracoknight, Hauteclere gives us another axe, and she's a minor-major character as the princess (so a female to boot!) of her country.

• Palla, Catria and Est are likely having adventures in Valentia right now, though if one shows up it'll probably be Palla or Catria.
  • Maria is 2smol4war as much as she protests and uses staffs anyway. I suppose they could give her tomes... if she's even in.
  • Michalis is going to be a villain if he's in, and I wager he's the second likeliest Macedonian.
  • Lena is a staff user, Julian is another sword user, and Matthis would want nothing to do with the conflict. And it's either Julian AND Lena or bust.

Archanea: It's the cornerstone nation of the continent, and while the choices number fewer than Altea they're worth covering.

• I can see why Jeorge is being thrown around as a hopeful: he brings a unique bow in Parthia and is recognized as the continent's finest archer. Most of the characters shown seem to be either major characters or experienced (see Cordelia), and he falls squarely into the latter. Plus he's the only notable bow representation Archanea offers alongside Gordin, so unless Virion or Niles gets revealed we can expect one of the two. Maybe both since they're student and teacher. His friends Astram and Midia don't get as much representation and chances are they could only make it if all three get in.
  • Speaking of "only two notable options", Linde is the only other tome option unless we get a promoted healer. She also brings a unique spell in Aura, but to be honest she probably falls under the "lack of experience" trap and I cannot see her getting in without either Merric or Jeorge (another Archanean noble who could keep an eye on her). Female representation true but Caeda and Minerva do that solid enough.
  • If Nyna entered combat, the Millennium Court would have a meltdown trying to bring her back. I don't think we're forgetting anyone else... What? Don't give me that look!

Aurelis: Almost as forgettable as Talys but I may as well throw two more cents in Hardin and Wolf simply because the former is (supposed to be) a minor-major character and the latter is a cavalry bowman. Or maybe it'll be Sedgar, but my money is on the Wolfman. Highly unlikely but it would be sick if they were acknowledged. Don't hold your breath on Roshea or meme man Vyland.

Khadein has only one member with a name (Wendell) and while he's held in high regard by efficiency players... that's about it. Grust has Jake who might work as a bow user but would probably be an NPC and Roger (laughs). Tiki is soft-confirmed, and if she's absent then I have several questions about what Int Sys is planning to do with the Archanea saga in the future.

Lastly, it's worth mentioning that for all those who don't get in, I expect some to receive mention in support conversations. I find the Shadow Dragon characters' support prospects to be the most intriguing due to how limited those games' characterizations are compared to Awakening and Fates.

In any case, let's hope the developers don't disappoint even more than they are now. 

@X-Naut By the gods, you forgot to mention Xane! How dare-- I'm kidding:)

I'm too lazy to look back and see if I ever posted my predictions, so, here we go.

Caeda: Marth's beloved, original PK, I think she's a shoe-in, especially considering that Cordelia and Hinoka are in.

Merric: Could be a mage fully focused on Wind magic, what with Excalibur and all. Also happens to be Marth's bestie.

Linde: Unique in that she has Aura. Has a lot of potential to be pretty damn flashy.

Tiki: She has an amiibo already, enough said.

Jeorge: Parthia is the way to go.

Minerva: Axe user, quite popular actually.

As much as I'd love more, like Cain, Abel, Jagen, Draug, Ogma, Navarre and Xane, I have an awful feeling like SD is gonna get shafted. Here's to hoping.

addXaneaddXaneaddXaneKoeipls

Pretty much every character worth mentioning.

• Marth: Duh.
  • Cain, Abel: Don't think these guys are likely because you're obligated to have both. Possible, though.
  • Jagen: Iconic, unique appearance, has a lot going for him but might get shafted due to low popularity.
  • Gordin: a.k.a. Gaggles. Reasonable chance due to uncommon weapon type and good availability.
  • Draug: More likely than Roger, Lorenz, Kellam, Kjelle, and Benny. The equivalent of winning by default.
  • Caeda: If Cordelia and Hinoka get in over her I am never buying this game on principle. ~3rd most likely character.
  • Wrys: He actually appeared in Codename STEAM too. This is because he is a meme in Japan. He may get in on this basis.
  • Ogma, Navarre: In a vacuum these characters should get in, but we have so many swords that I can't imagine they were considered.
  • Barst: The opposite of the above. He might get in just because we don't have a traditional axe user.
  • Merric: All logic dicates that he should get in. He does have the misfortune of being a non-main male from Shadow Dragon, so no guarantees.
  • Hardin: A hard decision, since he's extremely important... in FE3. He may get cut due to being unimportant in FE1 and competing with Camus.
  • Wolf: Probably the most likely mounted archer in the series, and he's still not getting in until the FE3 DLC.
  • Rickard: Potential thief rep with more personality than Julian and technically stars in his own map (i.e. BSFE3.) No chance because he's irrelevant, swords, and Gaius.
  • Jeorge: Easily the best choice for an Archer in Archanea, without question. Because he would be a good choice, he has no chance.
  • Maria: just add sakura lmao
  • Minerva: I would call her the fifth most likely character. She competes with Camilla, but that hasn't stopped anyone before.
  • Linde: An uncommon light mage, and more importantly a waifu, which makes her 1000x more likely to get in despite minor character status.
  • Palla, Catria, Est: Unlikely because they come as a set, and devoting three character slots to them seems wasteful. Depressingly possible.
  • Xane: i wish
  • Tiki: Even without the amiibo, she would be the second most likely character just because Awakening fans would know who she is.
  • Lorenz: My personal most-wanted character because he has the coolest design of the relevant armors by FAR, but the chances of it happening are so low they may actually be negative.
  • Elice: I wouldn't otherwise mention her because she's almost shockingly irrelevant, but being Marth's sister and having access to the Aum staff seems like it would give her something resembling a niche. Maybe.
  • Nyna: Arguably the main character of BS Fire Emblem, and strictly speaking one of the most important Archaneans. Not much of a fighter and low popularity.
  • Camus: Probably the fourth most likely character. The most iconic villain from the game by far, and uses a different weapon compared to Xander and Frederick.
  • Michalis: A reasonably popular villain, but less likely than Camus, and I doubt Shadow Dragon is going to get that much attention.
  • Gharnef: Entirely possible, but I think his popularity is lower than both of the above, and I'm not sure how he'd work with Starlight.

Tentative guess, optimistically assuming six characters, would be Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Camus, Minerva, Draug. I would not be very satisfied with this. Beyond these, I would hazard a guess that Linde, Gordin, and Merric are the most likely in no particular order.

It's Shadow Dragon... not Dark Dragon and Sword of Light...

So we'll have some Shadow Dragon exclusive characters.

For example, 

Spoiler

Frey

Norne

Athena

Horace

Etzel

Ymir

Nagi

Edited by DaisyLencea

I would love to see Navarre, Ogma, and Minerva in the game. Navarre to fill the Myrmidon slot that is, somehow, still open. (Plus I can see him having Zhou Tai-like attacks and that's one of my favorite characters to play in Dynasty Warriors). Ogma for a slow but powerful moveset. And Minerva because she's a top tier waifu there needs to be more wyvern riders in the game, even though I'm fine with just Camilla.

If I had my way I would add Lynde and Wolf as well just because of personal bias. But I know that won't happen.

1 hour ago, DaisyLencea said:

It's Shadow Dragon... not Dark Dragon and Sword of Light...

So we'll have some Shadow Dragon exclusive characters.

For example, 

Reveal hidden contents

Frey

Norne

Athena

Horace

Etzel

Ymir

Nagi

That's rather optimistic, I must say, especially knowing Shadow Dragon is likely getting the short end of the stick.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I wouldn't mind the SD exclusive characters. I could see Athena, Horace or Norne making the cut. Jagen and Gharnef are also likely choices. Sure, there's Camus but...he's not really a villain. His whole schtick in SD was his motherland Grust and...Nyna as a rather...distant second schtick. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I don't think Draug is getting enough attention here. You see, there's not a single infantry lance user announced yet, and if this is truly shadow dragon characters and not mystery of the emblem characters, then Draug is the most relevant lance man left (obviously Hardin would beet him if mystery of the emblem was included). Most people don't like Draug, but I actually really do, so I'm fine with this.

Aside from him, I think Tiki is all but confirmed, Minerva's almost certainly getting in, Ceada and Merric are very likely, and maybe we'll get Jagen. I didn't mention Camus, because I think something is going on with the villains. They haven't shown any yet, so I think we'll either see none, they won't be playable, or they won't be playable at first. Granted, fe1 is the only game who's story needs villains to work (awakening can just use Robin as Grima, fates can use the country you don't side with) so maybe we'll get Camus or Garnef or medeus. I don't know.

Also maybe Gordin or Jeorge, since we only have 2 archers.

6 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I don't think Draug is getting enough attention here. You see, there's not a single infantry lance user announced yet, and if this is truly shadow dragon characters and not mystery of the emblem characters, then Draug is the most relevant lance man left (obviously Hardin would beet him if mystery of the emblem was included). Most people don't like Draug, but I actually really do, so I'm fine with this.

Aside from him, I think Tiki is all but confirmed, Minerva's almost certainly getting in, Ceada and Merric are very likely, and maybe we'll get Jagen. I didn't mention Camus, because I think something is going on with the villains. They haven't shown any yet, so I think we'll either see none, they won't be playable, or they won't be playable at first. Granted, fe1 is the only game who's story needs villains to work (awakening can just use Robin as Grima, fates can use the country you don't side with) so maybe we'll get Camus or Garnef or medeus. I don't know.

Also maybe Gordin or Jeorge, since we only have 2 archers.

If Minerva's in, then Michalis will work as an antagonist.  Would love to see Maria, to round out the happy family.

---

I'd really like to see a playable thief, whether it be Julian for competence or Rickard for the lulz.  I'd be really happy if Jeorge/Astram/Camus made it in, since they wield some really nifty weapons.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

If Minerva's in, then Michalis will work as an antagonist.  Would love to see Maria, to round out the happy family.

---

I'd really like to see a playable thief, whether it be Julian for competence or Rickard for the lulz.  I'd be really happy if Jeorge/Astram/Camus made it in, since they wield some really nifty weapons.

Michalis could also be a villain. I just think it's possible that the game's original villain (who, let's be honest, is probably the main characters' friend who is mysteriously not confirmed as playable) could be the only villain in the game. It's just weird that the only villain shown is Validar, who is confirmed to be a villain npc. Let's be honest, none of these games have particularly well liked villains, so they could just skip them.

I'm not the best at speculating, but as for somewhat reasonable hopes, I have a few:

Marth and Tiki: Duh.

Caeda and Draug: I believe that they've pretty much confirmed that there's at least one flier from Shadow Dragon and at least one armored character period, and I think these two would be the most obvious picks. Which is a bit of a shame, since we could potentially finally get the long-awaited Caeda/Roger Support conversation, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Julian and Lena: These start to become a bit more of a stretch, but I don't think they're hopeless. Julian is the original thief, but unlike the ones in Fates, he can primarily and would certainly use swords. He could definitely bring a unique sword style to the game. I wouldn't normally consider Lena very likely, but if Julian makes it in, it would feel weird to not have her in as well. I think her main thing in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery was her Hammerne Staff, so it's possible that Julian could be playable while she would have some role as an NPC. Or she could be playable too, but I'm not sure how she would be made unique compared to the other healers.

Merric and Linde: I wouldn't be surprised if only one made it in, or even neither, but I realized recently that there's very few actual tome users in the game. Under the broad scope of "magic users", Elise, Sakura, and Lissa have all been confirmed, but the only tome-specific fighters so far are Robin and Leo. Merric and Linde could both have distinct fighting styles if Heroes is anything to go by, so I could see both of them being possible. Linde is slightly more present in the story of Shadow Dragon than Merric (though he becomes much more important in New Mystery, I think they're trying to stick mainly the first game), but Merric has more relation to the early cast and especially Marth, so they both have a case for making it over the other.

Minerva and Camus: Of the Three Regalia + Hauteclere users, I think they have the best shot. Camus would probably just be an enemy, maybe playable in side modes/in an update/as DLC, but I'm okay with that since it fits better with the original game. Although, having Sirius be playable would be pretty sweet, if unlikely.

Astram and Jeorge: The other Three Regalia + Hauteclere users, these two are less likely, but they would still potentially bring unique stuff to the table, Jeorge especially.

Dice and Malice: These two are VERY unlikely, but it'd be cool if they made it in; they'd at least be different from most everyone else.

For the most likely to make it, I'm expecting something close to Marth, Tiki, Caeda, Draug, Minerva, Camus, and either one or both of Merric and Linde. That said, I'm also fully expecting to be wrong on some or even most accounts, so we'll see once it finally releases.