Do you still buy Pokémon cards?

Ronnie

From middle school to high school I was very on and off with buying cards. I was addicted to them as a kid. About 2 years ago I was on a spending spree with them because I liked getting those small figurines that came in the box set lol. Haven't bought any cards since.

I mostly just liked the artwork and holo cards. I tried playing the game with my friend in high school but we lost interest pretty quickly.

Edited by Ronnie

I haven't bought Pokemon cards in a loooooooong time.  I bought them quite a bit in high school just for random purposes.  And like any kid who grew up during Pokemania, I had a lot as a kid.

If I do buy them again, it's gonna be for the art because a lot of the artwork is good.  I love the full art cards and some cards that actually tell a story somewhat.

I just collect the Eeveelution cards for the art and holo effects. I usually will buy the non holo, holo, and reverse holo versions if a card has any or all. I also will get any that have special holo designs, like cross hatch, stars/hearts/sparkles, etc. I almost have a complete Eeveelution collection, but the most expensive ones I'm missing are Espeon star,  Umbreon star, and the Japanese fan club Eevee. All three run anywhere from $200 - $600 depending on the condition. Yeah, I'm weird! :p

I have a separate binder of non-Eevee cards. Just spare cards I found randomly for cheap at local game stores or flea markets. Mostly just Pokemon I like, though.

I never really played competively. Only time I do is when my friends want me to play and have a deck ready for me to use.

You never truly outgrow Pachimans(thanks little cousins for somehow making that sound adorable) - I'm freakin' 20 and I'm still collecting Mudkipz(one card short of every English Mudkip ever!!! If anyone's sitting on a Mudkip Star that they don't want set me up!).

In all seriousness, I don't really buy them unless there's a set with a Pokemon I like, like the Mudkip family or Lilligant or Pichu(RIP Baby Pokemon in the TCG), but I'll break out the Garchomp-Altaria deck for anyone who wants a game.

I had some that my dad bought when I was young, but I never knew how to play with them.

I think I still have them, I'm not sure.

I totally would, I love collecting them, but I'm not spending $5 per pack. Nuh-uh, not happening.

I have a massive folder full of cards organized by Pokedex number. I mainly have Gen 3 and 4, since that's around when I used to actually collect cards, and ORAS is when I temporarily picked back up. Still super happy I managed to pull a Primal Kyogre.

I absolutely still collect Pokemon cards. I have some cheap decks that I play with friends, and I have a binder with the full arts/pokemon cards I enjoy.

My pride and joy is still the base set fatty Venusuar card <3

I've actually been wondering if people collected, as I adore trading cards with others, and didn't know if there was enough interest to start a trading board.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

I haven't touched them since before the millennium. Cards cost way too much nowadays, I prefer to spend money on things I'll actually use!

I have TONS of Pokemon cards. Way too many because of how many duplicates I wound up with. I still buy some every now and then, but I need to get rid of some too.

I have them ordered by Pokedex number in my binders too (yes, more than one, because we have too many gens to easily fit in one binder lol). I've removed some duplicates from them though to try to sell or maybe even just toss. I'd hate to throw away Pokemon cards, but I have no room for this many duplicates and if nobody will buy them, I don't know what else to do.

I don't have a card for EVERY single Pokemon, but I've completed gen 1 and most of gens 2-4. Gens 5-7 are not nearly as complete yet. I wanted to create a complete Pokedex with cards, and I kinda still want to, but it's not easy. :P

Edited by Anacybele

On 7/25/2017 at 10:26 AM, Anacybele said:

I have TONS of Pokemon cards. Way too many because of how many duplicates I wound up with. I still buy some every now and then, but I need to get rid of some too.

What do you have in the realm of full arts? I have a bunch of Ike Cipher cards I'm trying to move (including the SR that's your icon), and I'd be totally down for a trade.

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

What do you have in the realm of full arts? I have a bunch of Ike Cipher cards I'm trying to move (including the SR that's your icon), and I'd be totally down for a trade.

Cipher cards are only in Japanese right now though. I can't understand much Japanese at the moment. I'd rather have cards with my own language on them.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Cipher cards are only in Japanese right now though. I can't understand much Japanese at the moment. I'd rather have cards with my own language on them.

I can understand you, but I'll warn you that you're probably gonna have to give up the dream of having cipher cards in English.

Still, if you let me know what full arts you have, maybe we can work out a deal some way or another. Trying to be helpful.

49 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I can understand you, but I'll warn you that you're probably gonna have to give up the dream of having cipher cards in English.

Still, if you let me know what full arts you have, maybe we can work out a deal some way or another. Trying to be helpful.

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for an English FE Cipher. There aren't many Pokemon cards with full arts though. The only ones I can think of are certain legendary Pokemon.

And I appreciate the help, I really do.

Edited by Anacybele

There was a time when I would go to the dollar store with my babysitter and buy Pokemon cards. Eventually, I had hundreds of them. But as my obsession with Pokemon diminished I was less of a mind to keep them around. I soon gave them away or recycled them.

In fact, today you would be hard-pressed to find any Pokemon memorabilia in my house.  

Edited by Ottokar
Abysmal formatting and gibberish sentences