Should I get BoTW on Wii U?

Sentacotus

On 7/31/2017 at 0:09 PM, LordOTaco said:

I have very mixed feelings on weapon durability.  I get the logic and challenge behind it, I like being able to use many different weapons, and I can appreciate it BUT:  I find that this discourages me from fighting enemies (which sucks since fighting in this game is actually quite fun) altogether since I don't want to break my good weapons as you need them for bosses, shrine guardian challenges, etc.  Of course, if you want to get materials for quests, to make ancient items, to sell and to cook you have to fight so its a bit of a catch 22.  This is especially problematic when some if not most of the better weapons break rather quickly. 

Word of advice, do not hoard weapons. Once you get more slots from Hetsu, you'll get to the point where weapons don't break as often and you'll have to drop weapons in favour of others. Trust me, you have more fun if you stop worrying about wasting weapons. By the way, if you are wondering where he is after your first few encounters, I can point you in the right direction without spoiling much.

On 7/31/2017 at 0:09 PM, LordOTaco said:

To be fair the dub isn't bad especially for Zelda's first foray into VA territory.  The only ones I kinda dislike are Zelda and Mipha.  Sidon, King Bosphoramus, and Urbosa are my favs so far.  

Zelda grew on me to the point where I can't play the game with any other voice option. Mipha isn't too bad either, the only ones I genuinely dislike are the Gorons. 

Edited by DragonLord

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

Word of advice, do not hoard weapons. Once you get more slots from Hetsu, you'll get to the point where weapons don't break as often and you'll have to drop weapons in favour of others. Trust me, you have more fun if you stop worrying about wasting weapons. By the way, if you are wondering where he is after your first few encounters, I can point you in the right direction without spoiling much.

Zelda grew on me to the point where I can't play the game with any other voice option. Mipha isn't too bad either, the only ones I genuinely dislike are the Gorons. 

Yeah I don't hoard weapons too much because I'm always using them and they're breaking lol.  I just found Mipha's voice a bit bland lol not grating or cringe inducing just kinda boring character is ok though.  I'm guessing Hetsu being a Korok is gonna be down in the woods or something by the great plateau?  I think I saw like Faron woods?

40 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Yeah I don't hoard weapons too much because I'm always using them and they're breaking lol.  I just found Mipha's voice a bit bland lol not grating or cringe inducing just kinda boring character is ok though.  I'm guessing Hetsu being a Korok is gonna be down in the woods or something by the great plateau?  I think I saw like Faron woods?

lol totally opposite direction, Taco. The Koroks are in the Great Hyrule Forest to the far north. All I'm gonna tell you without spoiling much.

Glad you love the game though! I think it's pretty dang awesome, though I do wish we got a few more hints on what to do. I don't mean I want my hand held like in SS or anything, just a little bit more than what's there. Otherwise, excellent game!

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

lol totally opposite direction, Taco. The Koroks are in the Great Hyrule Forest to the far north. All I'm gonna tell you without spoiling much.

Yup, this is what I meant. Try activating the tower and head to the stable for hints, it shouldn't be too hard to find it. I recommend doing it earlier rather than later so you can get more slots from Hestu.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:29 PM, Anacybele said:

Glad you love the game though! I think it's pretty dang awesome, though I do wish we got a few more hints on what to do. I don't mean I want my hand held like in SS or anything, just a little bit more than what's there. Otherwise, excellent game!

On 8/1/2017 at 9:37 PM, DragonLord said:

Yup, this is what I meant. Try activating the tower and head to the stable for hints, it shouldn't be too hard to find it. I recommend doing it earlier rather than later so you can get more slots from Hestu.

Haha oops.  Well I did encounter him somewhere random just exploring and got more weapon slots and another shield and bow slot.  I've pretty just about activated every tower except for the one just north of hyrule castle and those to the northwest.  I'm thinking about doing the Gerudo dungeon and finding the Yiga Clan hideout since I've already spoken to the Gerudo leader and activated the towers down there.  I already completed the Zora one which wasn't too bad.  I'm at 7 hearts right now and 1.5 stamina wheels.

Edited by LordOTaco

1 hour ago, LordOTaco said:

Haha oops.  Well I did encounter him somewhere random just exploring and got more weapon slots and another shield and bow slot.  I've pretty just about activated every tower except for the one just north of hyrule castle and those to the northwest.  I'm thinking about doing the Gerudo dungeon and finding the Yiga Clan hideout since I've already spoken to the Gerudo leader and activated the towers down there.  I already completed the Zora one which wasn't too bad.  I'm at 7 hearts right now and 1.5 stamina wheels.

Yeah, you'll see him elsewhere a couple times before he actually goes back to Korok Forest (it's located within the Great Hyrule Forest).

Well, I'd wait to do the Gerudo one if you're still learning the game and practicing moves and stuff. Divine Beast Vah Naboris is the hardest one and the Yiga Clan hideout is annoying, plus after you clear it, you'll run into the Yiga all over Hyrule randomly.

Edited by Anacybele

On 8/3/2017 at 9:33 AM, Anacybele said:

Well, I'd wait to do the Gerudo one if you're still learning the game and practicing moves and stuff. Divine Beast Vah Naboris is the hardest one and the Yiga Clan hideout is annoying, plus after you clear it, you'll run into the Yiga all over Hyrule randomly.

This. I recommend doing the Rito one next, Revali's Gale is really useful for exploration and the difficulty is not as bad as the Gerudo Region. 

1 minute ago, DragonLord said:

This. I recommend doing the Rito one next, Revali's Gale is really useful for exploration and the difficulty is not as bad as the Gerudo Region.

Yeah, I'd even argue that Vah Medoh is the easiest Divine Beast.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'd even argue that Vah Medoh is the easiest Divine Beast.

I recall reading somewhere that it actually is the easiest Divine Beast. I wonder why that one is easier than Vah Ruta? I mean the game points you to Zora's Domain first based on distance from Hateno Village.

4 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

I recall reading somewhere that it actually is the easiest Divine Beast. I wonder why that one is easier than Vah Ruta? I mean the game points you to Zora's Domain first based on distance from Hateno Village.

Yeah, I don't know. That's a good question.

1 hour ago, DragonLord said:

Although Revali's Gale is a lot less impressive once you realize that you can easily create your own updraft by dropping four wood on a pile and setting it on fire.

Still, it's a good idea to go there early. In addition to what's already mentioned they also sell a set of armor that protects against the cold. Which is handy since there are plenty of very cold areas that require at least level 2 cold protection.

1 hour ago, DragonLord said:

Not just the distance but there are also plenty of NPCs who point you there. There are at least two Zora soldiers and one Hylian Traveler. None of the other three areas do that. Nevermind that you already meet Sidon while you are still far away from the Zora village. The only other location that the game actively guides you towards is the Lost Forest by making you track Hetsu.

Edited by BrightBow

Yeah so I actually already cleared the Yiga hideout which was easier than I thought it was going to be but having the full Sheikah armor helped alot too.  I also got access to Vah Nabooris and am about halfway through the dungeon.  I planned on going to the Rito place next.

I also got the Guidebook as I liked the artwork parts and the cover as well.  The guide itself also came with a nice map I want to try and get a frame for and the guide (hardback) is actually really useful I do wish they put more artwork in the walkthrough though like with the Prima guides of old I miss those things.

Edited by LordOTaco