Predict Smash 5's roster

Ronnie

9 hours ago, Gustavos said:

Why the confidence in Star Fox? There are currently no known plans for the series moving forward. The last Starfox game was very poorly received with some of the lowest critic scores we've seen on a first party nintendo title. The only new star fox game between brawl and Smash 4 was a 3DS remake, and it can be said that Star Fox Zero is just a remake of the same game. If we're surprised with a new game between now and Smash 5, then maybe it will have another a star fox rep, but that's the only scenario I can see where it's not just Fox and Falco.

Star Fox maybe getting a cut veteran back doesn't really seem "confident" to me, but Zero is at least something even if it was poorly received. I don't think that any Star Fox newcomer is likely, but Wolf is a popular veteran so that's reason enough for him to come back (even if he would be low priority).

I don't want to see anymore veterans getting cut. I'm pretty sure I wanted to see newcomers coming to the Switch version be like:

• Spring Man and Ribbon Girl from Arms
  • Inklings (with Splatoon 1 & 2 Male and Female attire)
  • Avatar and Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Mike Jones from StarTropics (his first game is included in the NES Classic Edition and he nearly got his two games to the best seller category in the Wii U eShop till Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was released, he's definitely a retro NES character)
  • Ninten from EarthBound Beginnings (since his game along with EarthBound marked in the best seller category that was shown in the Wii U eShop.)
  • Alm from Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and the Fire Emblem Switch protagonist (since Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia managed to outsold Pokemon Sun and Moon around in April or May and Alm does use a Bow since it be useful to have it since Sakurai did said he doesn't want to add too much just Sword only characters from the Fire Emblem series)
  • Dixie Kong and King K. Rool
  • I do like to see Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle gets added to the roster
  • Young Impa from The Legend of Zelda series since we didn't have a newcomer Zelda rep in the Nintendo 3DS /  Wii U version and we did wanted her to be added since Hyrule Warriors did managed to did a good job working on Impa as a strong fighter in the game
  • Henry Fleming from CodeName: S.T.E.A.M.
  • Zael from The Last Story and Aeron from Pandora's Tower since Nintendo does own the rights for those two games
  • Maybe an another Japan-only character

And for 3rd Party fighters I do like to see it happening:

• Shovel Knight (Yatch Club Games)
  • Shantae (Wayford)
  • Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus)
  • Another Bandai Namco and Square Enix rep (since Ryu is a secondary Capcom character and Bayonetta is a secondary Sega character)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's who I'd like to see:

-Banjo and Kazooie: After Microsoft said they'd be up for the characters to be in Smash, my heart skipped a beat. I love the Banjo-Kazooie games, so seeing return to Nintendo for Smash Bros. for a while would be awesome.

-Solid Snake: I miss Snake being in Smash 4, so let's see him come back.

-Isaac from Golden Sun: Not much reason behind this choice, I'd just like to see Golden Sun represented.

-Geno from Super Mario RPG: While the Mii costume is nice, it's just not the same. I could see him having a charge moveset for all his specials to replicate how his specials are in Super Mario RPG.

-Waluigi: Again, not much reason behind this choice. I just want to see Waluigi dual it out as an underdog kind of character.

• 1 month later...

Oh hey, haven't been in this part of the forums in a while and it's been even longer since I did Smash speculation. It's always fun so let's see...

I don't wanna speculate on cuts because it's trickier than newcomers imo. Assuming this would be coming out within the next year...

Almost guaranteed: Inklings, ARMS guy, Rex from Xenoblade, Pokémon Switch postermon. These are all from up and coming franchises and Pokemon Switch is guaranteed to be a huge deal. I think Alola will be skipped for a playable monster but will likely get lots of other references.

Very likely: Impa, because it's been a while since a new Zelda character was added and Impa has gotten a lot of moveset potential recently with SS and HW. Elma (Xenoblade), for the same reason as Rex, and because she would have a very different moveset from anyone else on the roster. Takamaru, because Sakurai likes him and wants him playable. 

Possible: FE Switch protagonist, if they aren't a new sword lord their chances go way up, but if they have a sword then it may be hard to justify adding them. Bandanna Dee, as the Kirby series continues to be strong and he's been showing up a lot and is popular. Captain Toad, he got a spinoff after all and Toad is one of the most iconic Mario characters yet to be playable. Hades, especially if around the same time there's another KI game coming out or being planned. 

May have a shot: Dixie Kong, depending on whether or not the DK franchise comes back. Ridley, purely based off the insane hype that Sakurai must surely be aware of by now and the return of the Metroid series. Isaac, as he now definitely qualifies as the obscure retro pick (rip gs). 

3rd parties: Someone from Shin Megami Tensei (Atlus). Probably the most deserving 3rd party company right now, having a good relationship with Nintendo for the past few years. Square Enix may get another rep if the rumours of them bringing more games to the Switch are true, or even somebody from the Bravely series could show up. And Capcom may also get a Resident Evil rep seeing as the Revelations series were on 3DS and are coming to the Switch.

• 1 month later...

My dream roster would include all characters from all games being playable in Smash 5.  It'd be a nightmare to balance, but dang, would it be satisfying for me.

As for new characters, I don't really have any definite answers on this, but here's who I'd like to see.  It gets weirder towards the end:

• New Sonic character (perhaps Tails and Knuckles, as a semi-clone of Sonic)
  • New FE Elibe character (Lyn or Hector would be amusing to see in Smash)
  • Someone from ARMS (probably Minmin)
  • Sora from Kingdom Hearts (maybe, if they can get the licensing to work, Donald and Goofy can appear as assists, but that's probably asking too much)
  • Zero (maybe his moveset could be a mix from both the X and Zero series)
  • Terry Bogard/Geese Howard (some SNK representation in Smash would be hella nice)
  • Dan Hibiki (why not?  He could be Ryu's Dr. Mario)
  • Makoto Yuki (hey, he appeared in Persona Q, and if Cloud could get in, Makoto can too)
  • That old dude who was the mascot for Petit Computer (it was an obscure BASIC DSi app that essentially turned your DS into a Commodore 64)
  • Bahn from Fighting Vipers (it would be SEGA representation other than Sonic, and probably the closest we'll get to Jotaro Kujo being in Smash)
  • Famicom Detective Club protagonist (they'd have to give him a name, though)
  • Bomberman (why not, he's an video gaming icon)
  • Master Hand (super-secret character born from an ascended glitch, will probably be banned in tournaments)

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N said:

• Master Hand (super-secret character born from an ascended glitch, will probably be banned in tournaments)

so master hand in melee