Can sidequestsbe added to FE8?

MonoMountains

Some friends and I are working on a hack for Fire Emblem 8. We want to make side quest chapters like there were in FE7, but we're not sure if its possible. Is there a way to create sidequests, or if 5x just an oddly named chapter?

ALso, another question we had, is it possible to change the locations and ordering of the points on the overworld map? Like, could I start the game in Rausten and take a different route other than the one in the base game, or is that route the only one available?

There's nothing actually special about gaiden chapters as far as the engine is concerned, they're just chapters with "x" numbers in the chapter name (the entire text is "Chapter A: some title" so you can jsut as easily make it "Chapter Ax: title gaiden") that you only advance to conditionally (check out an event tutorial for how that works, it's pretty easy).

The world map is, as far as I know, still a work in progress. Searching FEU (probably the best place for "bleeding edge" information) givesĀ several results, but I can't speak to how effective they are.

Edited by CT075