FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 2.1.0 *New Update*

DiogoJorge

The list of growths and bases is finished, I don't think I forgot anyone. Merlinus doesn't count by the way, since his sole role is to be the convoy, so didn't change him. As stated before, if the list and what is actually in the game doesn't match, then do note me if possible.

Also, I've updated my patch file to version 1.5 . I have been doing some experiments and I'm not sure if I reverted them all (Was testing the Fire Dragon class and was using Roy was one for a moment, I reverted him back to normal) So do notice me of any oddities you might find so I can fix them.

My next step is to record a playthrough of my patch, as well as change certain enemies classes and stats. Already did so with Erik who's now a Paladin and changed Zephiel's stats to be a more powerfull boss.

Here's a link to my current test playthrough, you are free to watch the ones from the first playthrough, but they are from a previous version from this patch, so it won't be the same, as of now, I only recorded 4 chapters of the new playthrough, but watching the previous one might give you a few ideas about the changes I've made:

Edited by DiogoJorge
Added a link

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE V 1.5 *Added changes list*
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, I'm posting just to tell you that I'm going to resume the project soon, once I'm done with a playthrough of an unrelated game. By December, I should have this project reach version 2.0 which will be the final version. Look foward to it.

On 26/10/2017 at 1:40 AM, BlueTetri619 said:

This sounds interesting might check out once I finish Redux. :)

Sure. Make sure to play it on hard, that's what the balance revolves around. Otherwise, characters who depend on hard mode bonuses might feel a bit underwhelming in normal mode.

Speaking of which, anyone has any ideas to how I should make chapter 7 in hard mode, less of a RNG based mission whitout reducing the difficulty factor? I heard that is one of the most rage inducing chapters due to how lucky based it can become.

I already made it easier to recruit Jerrot and Trec, and altered the AI of the Wyvern Riders so they don't move unless you are inside their attack range, but it doesn't seems like it was enough. I'm thinking of changing the mercenaries class to myrmidons, so they are still dangerous but faster to kill, since the most anoying part of this chapter is to get rid of the excess of enemies.

EDITED: Turns out I'm already finished with that chapter and I see little need to change anything else there. It's no longer a chapter that relies a lot on RNG to go your way.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Here's some more fruits of my project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQNFZFt-Zns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyr9dRRRpFg

With this, I can say that chapter 7 is more reasonable in Hard Mode. I'm still a bit in doubt if changing the wyvern riders AI so they stick with their positions until your characters are in range was necessary or not.

Ran into a problem while doing the testing. In chapter 9: Misty Isles, the game skips the preparation screen for some reason, any ideas what caused this?

Edited: Fixed, for some reason, the map preview was deactivated. Nightmare acts weird when it comes to that for some reason, I saw the other chapters also saying "none" in the map preview, but when I changed chapter 9 map preview to on, the others also changed to map preview (with the exception of the chapters 5 and before that as it should be). It acts kind of buggy there.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 1.6 *New update and name*
  • DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 1.6.5 *New update and name*
  • DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 1.8.0 *New update*

New update. I'm almost finished with this balance patch, only a few more chapters for me to review. After that, I might do some tweaks here and there and maybe create alternative versions for those who would rather use different characters with different growths and bases.

I'm finished with testing Sacae route and noticed that Dayan had 2 points less in STR than described, already fixed that. It was a result of reducing Nomad's base STR by 2 in order to compensate for the increase of 2 MT of most bows.

Also, just in case you haven't been reading all the posts, but this patch is meant to be played on Hard. If you play on normal, characters that depend on hard bonuses will be underwhelming in normal mode.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Almost finished. All that is left is to tweak light ranks and I think I'm done for now.

Light magic will now work as this:

Ellen and Saul, your only light magic users, both have C rank in light upon promotion. Lightning is now classified as C rank magic, Divine is classified as B rank. Purge remains A rank

I also noted some oddities while playing the game, they were all fixed. If I missed something, please do tell. Soon enough I will be releasing the definitive 2.0 version of this patch.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 2.0.0 *Final Update (For now anyway)*

There we have it. After some testing, I can say that the balance patch has no more issues to be fixed, that I'm aware of anyway.

This is the final update. however, that doesn't mean that I'm not open for more changes in the future. If a problem pops up, I will see if I can do something about it as long as you keep me informed of it.

• 10 months later...
23 hours ago, Cobalnite said:

So... has anyone (aside from OP himself) played this?

Gonna give it a test drive this weekend: got some time, I already played Redux and heck I need some FE in my system

Done with the early game (Up to CH8x) and I must say.....You didn't do a lot to be quite honest, and here's why:

- You need to differentiate all the units from the same class: Wade is way better than Lot since the later is supposed to "focus" on def and res and his bases doesn't help him tank anything at all, Wolt has growths all over the place and he can either be blessed or screwed, not competent which is what everyone wants on an archer (BTW, my Wolt got a whopping +1 on skill on his averages at lvl 12 while sucking hard with -2 strength and -1 speed) and even worse, Dorothy has both good bases and better growths (I take 85% HP and 60% str all day since at least I'm almost sure she will do one trick right)

-Hit issues: Bors was still getting 65-69% hit chances in early chapters where he need exp to stay relevant, Wade and Lot still get anything between 50-60% with hammer/halberd

-Bug fixes: Nomads and troubadours still ignore weakness against horseslayer/halberd and that means sacae is still a worse option compare to Illia

-Bosses are unfair: Not because they are OP, but because the throne bonuses are just busted and you should take that into account the next time

And now on the good things:

-Shanna is nos a valid option for a flying unit

- Chad is a pretty good dodge target With his new growths

-Elen is awesome and worth investing 

Edited by ronlyn

3 hours ago, ronlyn said:

Done with the early game (Up to CH8x) and I must say.....You didn't do a lot to be quite honest, and here's why:

- You need to differentiate all the units from the same class: Wade is way better than Lot since the later is supposed to "focus" on def and res and his bases doesn't help him tank anything at all, Wolt has growths all over the place and he can either be blessed or screwed, not competent which is what everyone wants on an archer (BTW, my Wolt got a whopping +1 on skill on his averages at lvl 12 while sucking hard with -2 strength and -1 speed) and even worse, Dorothy has both good bases and better growths (I take 85% HP and 60% str all day since at least I'm almost sure she will do one trick right)

-Hit issues: Bors was still getting 65-69% hit chances in early chapters where he need exp to stay relevant, Wade and Lot still get anything between 50-60% with hammer/halberd

-Bug fixes: Nomads and troubadours still ignore weakness against horseslayer/halberd and that means sacae is still a worse option compare to Illia

-Bosses are unfair: Not because they are OP, but because the throne bonuses are just busted and you should take that into account the next time

And now on the good things:

-Shanna is nos a valid option for a flying unit

- Chad is a pretty good dodge target With his new growths

-Elen is awesome and worth investing 

I suppose I need to raise Lot's DEF a bit further.  Dorothy has better bases, sure, but she has a SPD growth of 35%, so she's less reliable for doubling. Anyway, Wolt was already been fixed, since I raised his base SPD a while back.

I honestly don't understand how Bors is getting hit issues with a 40% growth in SKL and lances having better hit%, but I could push his SKL base slighty higher.

Completely forgot about that. That's not really a bug but more of an oversight on the devs, assuming that it can easily fixed by making effective weapons target them, I should be able to fix that whitout hassle.

I'm pretty sure I nerfed throne bonuses to 20 avoid rather than 30, so don't understand how is that still as much as a problem as in the original. But I will check on that and see what I might be missing.

Anyway, on this matter, my Excel is no longer active, so I won't be able to further update the growths and base list. So I will have to find another way to keep you updated on further changes.

I thank you for your observations, I will see what I can do to further improve my patch.

I will update the patch as soon as I think that I put all your points into account.

By the way, I assume you playing on Hard mode? That's the intended difficulty to play this patch with.

Edited by DiogoJorge

1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

I honestly don't understand how Bors is getting hit issues with a 40% growth in SKL and lances having better hit%, but I could push his SKL base slighty higher.

I suggest this: make him a lvl 5 unit and give him the average stats he would have at that level:

Bors lvl 5:   hp 23 str 9 sklspd 6 lck 6 def 13 res 0

If you do this he won't be hurting for much exp in the early chapters, which is great since he sucks against axes and in case he wants to deal with them, he has more chances to survive longer against them (I would change 1 point of speed for skill since he wasn't meant to double people and he's supposed to be the most accurate armor/general)

I'm pretty sure I nerfed throne bonuses to 20 avoid rather than 30, so don't understand how is that still as much as a problem as in the original. But I will check on that and see what I might be missing.

Sorry, I double checked and yeah, you did that so I'm guessing most of my party got skill screwed (must check that)

I suppose I need to raise Lot's DEF a bit further.  Dorothy has better bases, sure, but she has a SPD growth of 35%, so she's less reliable for doubling. Anyway, Wolt was already been fixed, since I raised his base SPD a while back.

Lot's growths are WAY too similar to Wade to actually make a difference between them. I suggest these changes:

Lot:   hp 85% str 40% skl 45% spd 30% lck 20% def 40% res 40%

Lot's luck isn't hot (2 at base), so why bother giving him a decent growth there? boost that res instead so he can become a mage-killer sooner and more reliable (You can also take one point of str and give it to def since axe users don't have any problem dealing damage anyways)

For Wolt I would prefer this:

Wolt:   hp 80% str 35% skl 40% spd 60% lck 40% def 25% res 10%

with these he can double more people and get weapon exp quicker to offset his newfound lack of str, which is fine since you can use Dorothy's Steel Bow if you won't invest in her. This also make the necessary action of giving you a choice: An early archer who can double a good chunk of enemies but need supports/silver bow to bring the pain or a archer who can pack quite a punch with a single shot but need supports to avoid getting mauled if your frontlines are breached? I like that kind of decisions (you can even reduce Wolt's str by 1 and give that point to spd so he can double sooner)

By the way, I assume you playing on Hard mode? That's the intended difficulty to play this patch with.

Of course: I wouldn't call myself a FE fan without playing on Hard Mode

6 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

This. You obviously can't just increase growths and small tweaks to bases and be done.

How did you hack FE6 though?

9 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

This. You obviously can't just increase growths and small tweaks to bases and be done.

How did you hack FE6 though?

I used nightmare editing tools at first, but nowdays, I use FEbuilder instead, it's more pratical and fun than nightmare.

Edited by DiogoJorge

10 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I used nightmare editing tools at first, but nowdays, I use FEbuilder instead, it's more pratical and fun than nightmare.

So I guess the previous hacking tool was a nightmare? Eh? Get it? Nightmare? Ah lol.

I might try this out once I finish vanilla FE6 on both difficulties?

12 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

So I guess the previous hacking tool was a nightmare? Eh? Get it? Nightmare? Ah lol.

I might try this out once I finish vanilla FE6 on both difficulties?

Sure, go ahead. Just take into account that hard mode bonuses are applied after their base stats, meaning that the bases that appear for those units in the average stats in the programs will not be accurate for hard mode.

Well, then, on the matter of horslaying and Lot's stats, I already made some changes. Hopefully it won't cause any bugs, because I had to extend the data list for effectiveness for those weapons.

As for Lot, his average stats at lv 20 Fighter are now HP 44 STR 16 SKL 15 SPD 12 DEF 14 RES 5 LUK 8. As a result of having a growth of 90% HP 45% STR SKL 55% SPD 30% DEF 45% RES 25% LUK 35%

Wade's averages at lv 20 Fighter are HP 42 STR 19 SKL 13 SPD 14 DEF 9 RES 2 LUK 12 due to having a growth of HP 80% STR 55% SKL 45% SPD 40% DEF 30% RES 10% LUK 45%

Those averages were calculated using the FEbuilder average stats calculator.

So Lot will have better survivability while Wade will have better offense. Making them both good for some purpose. Also, take note that Warriors have a base DEF of 6 against the Fighter's 2 DEF base. Meaning that he gets an extra 4+ from promoting, making him almost as good as a General for tanking purposes.

Speaking of which, knights now have 5 mov. Never saw much point to them having 4, when SPD is already enough of a weakpoint. Generals will have 6 MOV as well.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• DiogoJorge changed the title to FIRE EMBLEM BINDING BLADE: Vindication balance patch 2.1.0 *New Update*
  • 2 months later...