Auto's Sprites

Autonima

wXUg3KN.png

Here it is...

It uses Gilliams body, Tirado's head, I could not find the name of the hair for the life of me, but it was part of the fe8 mug spritesheet, Garcia's hair color, and the red from Amelia's armor.

He's a knight dude. Please critique this!

(I'm going away on he 26th, so that's why I won't be able to post)

Very good for a first time. Nice and clean, and you've made good changes to the source items. A couple things I would fix though. Red isn't a bad color for this guy, but Amelia's color makes him look like a silly strawberry. Might just be me though. His collar could also probably be shaded a bit better. Looks very flat currently.

21 minutes ago, Zelkami said:

Amelia's color makes him look like a silly strawberry. Might just be me though. His collar could also probably be shaded a bit better. Looks very flat currently.

P8dON96.png

You're right. Duessel's red looks much better on this guy. I also think I fixed the collar?

Not much I can really add but
-The head seems a bit too forward, making the back of the head seem a bit too big, try moving the head back a smidge

Overall, it's a pretty decent splice, you could try mixing and matching smaller pieces to make it more distinct from it's base pieces since for this mug the base pieces still seem recognizable

It overall looks good, the only thing that seems odd to me is the face.
-Perhaps the eyes and nose are too forward. Maybe backing them up a bit and making a few adjustments.
-Or perhaps you should try adjusting his mouth to curve a but upward. The eyes/nose and mouth don't align well I feel.

• Autonima changed the title to TheMightyJacobo's Sprites!(Critique Please!)

A slightly more complex mug? No way!

bf3f04cfb6f5f18d448a130f1a01026a.png

It's Mr. Brigand!

Characters Used:

Parts: Orsin, Saleh, Bone, Binks, Male Villager

Colors: Innes, The Novala Recolor

Any critique/constructive criticism appreciated!

(Also, you can critique my profile picture: a simple splice of Lute, Franz, and Ewan)

Edited by TheMightyJacobo

It's better to post sprites without zooming in.

It's still pretty simple, but it's good that you're bringing in more parts! The pieces are put together pretty well, though the integration between the hair and head is a kinda week. The positioning is good, but the hairline needs some shading with the skintones to get it blend in properly with the head. The shoulder pad looks a little slapped on since it goes over the cape without any real shading.

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, forgot this thread existed for a bit there.

xOhj00o.png

This would be the lord of my hypothetical FE hack, Rhiye. Lord actually isn't the best term, since he's actually just a castle guard. But when the evil empire of (I don't have a name) takes over, he is forced to a assemble a rebellion and take back his country. My first work with battle sprites(It's not very good, I know). There's also something off with the mug, I just don't know what.

• 2 weeks later...

jZzTQ0Y.png

Completely redone because the old version was absolute crap. Used Ford, Kyle, Ephraim, Valter, Cormag, and Gilliam. I redesigned him because he looked awful, and I made some changes to the story of my "Hack". He's actually the captain of the castle guard and a knight of Ecilia(I also came up with place names), so that's why he has more lavish armor.

Edited by TheMightyJacobo

1 hour ago, TheMightyJacobo said:

jZzTQ0Y.png

Completely redone because the old version was absolute crap. Used Ford, Kyle, Ephraim, Valter, Cormag, and Gilliam. I redesigned him because he looked awful, and I made some changes to the story of my "Hack". He's actually the captain of the castle guard and a knight of Ecilia(I also came up with place names), so that's why he has more lavish armor.

The original was not that bad but this one is much better spliced. Although I feel the first one was more unique, I particularly liked the colour palette.

A couple of things I noticed,

The left side of his hair (Ephraim´s) is too outwards, it needs to be pushed a couple of pixels to our left because it looks like he has a very large back skull. Also the the hair locks above his ear look custom.

There needs to be more shading on his neck skin below the shoulder pad and I would use just a little bit more of the 4th skin shade to shade between skin and hair.

Just to up the uniqueness factor maybe you can find other nose, mouth or eyes so it´s not all Forde´s. Also perhaps add a shirt below the armour so it´s not just black (Admittedly this is a tad more difficult but you can do it!)

This is not a problem per se, but I feel the wide body plus the head tilting downwards gives a hunched back look. (notice that valter has his head tilting back and up so he feels more upright.) This is just nitpicking though, it´s not that important.

All in all, it´s a big improvement from your other mugs!

Edited by Capibarainspace

1 hour ago, Capibarainspace said:

The left side of his hair (Ephraim´s) is too outwards, it needs to be pushed a couple of pixels to our left because it looks like he has a very large back skull. Also the the hair locks above his ear look custom.

There needs to be more shading on his neck skin below the shoulder pad and I would use just a little bit more of the 4th skin shade to shade between skin and hair.

Just to up the uniqueness factor maybe you can find other nose, mouth or eyes so it´s not all Forde´s. Also perhaps add a shirt below the armour so it´s not just black

53TIAJ1.png

I think I fixed the head, I added a shirt and Artur's nose. I was also trying to incorporate the silver/purple armor trim from the original, but I couldn't keep it under 16 colors.

The head is a little strangely positioned on the body, it feels too far up and maybe a little too far to our left. The jaw is a little strange, especially around where it meets the collar, you might want to resplice that in. The two pieces of hair are blended together pretty well, and you did an ok job covering up Valter's paint on the armor, though the curve of the shading could be a little smoother. The battle sprite is pretty cool, but feels a little skinny.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheMightyJacobo said:

8ZbwXy2.png

Something I did for the BBS. It's the Spear Fighter from Fates.

The pose looks decent, but it's also missing an outline on the hat, and the cloth on the back.  I also think it could use more shading, as well as a reworked palette.  I'd say make the yellow brighter with more depth, and I don't think you need all those shades of black.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Autonima changed the title to TheMightyJacobo's Sprites Or Something
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Autonima changed the title to Auto's Sprites