The Lion Throne (Fangame and Engine)

rainlash

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Isaiah Daniel said:

Could the unitlevel.txt be used to make a red unit player controlled?

tecnically yes... You can use it, as far as I now, to create units, general, not yet assigned to any side, then from the level editor add it to the map in the player side... Not so sure what you meant with red unit player controlled, but I think that you can add it as a player unit and make it look red by letting using as his blue-mapsprite his red-mapsprite..

9 hours ago, axelloid said:

tecnically yes... You can use it, as far as I now, to create units, general, not yet assigned to any side, then from the level editor add it to the map in the player side... Not so sure what you meant with red unit player controlled, but I think that you can add it as a player unit and make it look red by letting using as his blue-mapsprite his red-mapsprite..

basically by red i mean red faction team(enemy) but controlled by the player. example, assign say one specific character that is a lord class, set it as an enemy unit, and in the level editor mark it as playable as it is possible to make a player (blue team) unit ai controlled. so he can interact with the enemy but can attack the player(blue unit) and cannot pass a blue (like an enemy) 

(hope that made sense)

alternatively, i would wonder if this would be at all possible to attempt in the level editor

this neat little trick makes it so that control (blue unit) changes to who's army the turn is

this is to the end that i may have a multiplayer battle experience with my brother.

and i'm ganna try to get the monsters from fe8 into the game so he can have them for an army

against army of men

Edited by Isaiah Daniel

On 4/11/2021 at 12:36 AM, Isaiah Daniel said:

basically by red i mean red faction team(enemy) but controlled by the player. example, assign say one specific character that is a lord class, set it as an enemy unit, and in the level editor mark it as playable as it is possible to make a player (blue team) unit ai controlled. so he can interact with the enemy but can attack the player(blue unit) and cannot pass a blue (like an enemy) 

(hope that made sense)

alternatively, i would wonder if this would be at all possible to attempt in the level editor

this neat little trick makes it so that control (blue unit) changes to who's army the turn is

this is to the end that i may have a multiplayer battle experience with my brother.

and i'm ganna try to get the monsters from fe8 into the game so he can have them for an army

against army of men

sounds like a great idea for a local multiplayer mode... but I'm not sure if it is possible... maybe creating adding every character from player1 as player, then all player 2 as enemy and finding a way to make every turn change player 1 units into enemies and player 2 into player units... But I have no clue on how to do something so complex

8 hours ago, axelloid said:

sounds like a great idea for a local multiplayer mode... but I'm not sure if it is possible... maybe creating adding every character from player1 as player, then all player 2 as enemy and finding a way to make every turn change player 1 units into enemies and player 2 into player units... But I have no clue on how to do something so complex

it worked but only for named units (not generic), so that's problem one, problem two is i'd rather know of a way to loop the cycle, then having to 

put the convert line text in turn and enemy turn change txt. i read that it could be more prone to bugs plus the tediousness of it 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 12:03 AM, Isaiah Daniel said:

it worked but only for named units (not generic), so that's problem one, problem two is i'd rather know of a way to loop the cycle, then having to 

put the convert line text in turn and enemy turn change txt. i read that it could be more prone to bugs plus the tediousness of it 

uff with generics I have no idea, sorry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 11:35 PM, Isaiah Daniel said:

Guess what! I got the laguz classes in the game! Cat, tiger, lion, hawk (working on eagle) would you like to see?

Sure!! If you want you can go to the discord server and share!!

Edited by axelloid
extend

• 11 months later...

So, I'm trying to download it for my Mac and was advised to install python and Git GUI to clone the files so the software should be able to run because it's only built for windows but I'm running into some issues with the clone stage if anyone could provide help I'd really appreciate it