Who ur top 3 Shadow Dragon Characters?

votris11

After looking at the FE polls, I came to the realization that we don't really see many popularity poll for Shadow Dragon outside of Japan, so I decided to make one as an experiment What's ur top 3 favorite Shadow Dragon Characters? (FE12 characters are allowed) Whether it's because you like them as an unit or by their character, doesn't matter, as long as you like them.
Feel free to give a reason and thank you for voting. Also if u dont have 3 favorites, still feel free to vote.
My favorites are Minerva, Caesar, and Yumina.

1. Julian 

2.  Ryan (The cooler Gordin and my fe12 mvp)

3. Feena 

Honorable mentions to Xane, Tiki, Linde, Maria, Yumina and Minerva

1. Xane: the concept itself is compelling to me, he is almost as good as your best unit, can transform in whoever he wants and while I don't usually like pranksters, but impersonating a person while talking to another and the reactions they'd have could be hilarious, if the supports from SD were like in awakening...

2. Navarre: he can canonically dual wield, he is a swordsman and has long hair.

3. Jake: he uses a ballista and taps Anna, that's enough for me

Honorable mention to Tiki for being adorable, and Marth, Caeda and Linde too.

caeda, linde, and minerva

caeda's pretty and I like a lot of her dialogue and also she's pretty

linde has always been one of my favorites and to this day i'm still not sure why. she's cute, i like her design a lot, her single conversation with merric is nice even though it contains nothing substantial, and she was pretty useful to me

but really i don't know why i like her so much

minerva has a really nice design and i liked her a lot in her small amount of dialogue

i thought her whole approach to what happens with her siblings was really well done

Does this necessarily belong in the FE Warriors board?  Not that I'm complaining or anything, but... yeah.

Anyway, "Top 3" for me will be "first three character I think of that I like".  I will exclude the Whitewings, Camus (along with his alter egos), and Tiki simply because they appear in more than just SD and thus have kind of an unfair advantage over the others.  Plus, Catria and Palla would take up spaces here.

1. Hardin: One of the more fleshed out characters, and even though his descent into madness was mostly brought about unnaturally, you still get a glimpse into his "id" because of this.  In the DS remake of SD and Archanea Saga, you get to see his more honorable traits whereas Emperor Hardin reveals his bottled up envy and frustrations about Nyna (it's awfully coincidental that the first country to rebel was Grust, isn't it?).
  2. Minerva: Okay, technically she appears outside the Archanea games, but... uh, well...
    Spoiler

FFMpG1l.png

Yeah...

Anyway, she's the first badass princess in the series, and she's even in the first game to boot.  I'd equate her to Ephraim a bit in that she has exceptional martial prowess but has no desire to hold the throne.  She has her weaknesses (some of which feel a little cheap; am I to really believe that some of those traitorous chumps managed to capture her after all the hardcore Jagening she's done for me?), but it all shapes her up to be a pretty cool princess who doesn't feel like a Mary Sue.

3. Kris Actually, Sheena: For what little we got of her, it was interesting to see the princess of Gra was a tremendously more sympathetic and virtuous leader than Jiol.  It was a genuinely bittersweet moment to witness her lament over her falling kingdom while Samson vows to stay by her side to the bitter end, even though I fully intended to avoid fighting the Grunian troops.  Plus, she's an okay unit, especially for being the only armor knight I could use in a girls only run.  Unless it's Heroes of "Reclass Into Anything" and Shadow.

Honorable mentions go to Julian ("tick tock, time to frock," and all that), Luke, Wolf, Abel (the most handsome cavalier the continent of Archanea will ever have seen; Est should consider herself so lucky), Ogma (OG badass), Wrys (OG memelord), and the orphan sisters (Reese and Clarisse, or Eine and Kleine as some translations have them as).

Jeorge, Caesar and Caeda. Honorable mentions go to Cain, Abel, Draug, Dolph, Wolf, Barst, Palla and Tiki. 

Most of my preferred characters are because of either my first playthrough of FE1 being an ironman run (I ended up using a lot of odd characters where I could) and also simply because I like their design or how good they are.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

Despite having not gotten through the entirety of any of his games because SD H5 gets boring and playing New Mystery all the way through without playing SD is weird:

Marth, Caeda and Hardin.

Marth is honestly one of my more favoured Lords in the series, and thanks to Supports not really being a thing, anything he gets you'll end up seeing no matter what, as opposed to Roy.

Caeda is Caeda. Has a lot of lines in the original game thanks to recruiting so many characters, and through it all her personality as someone willing to do whatever it takes to both help others and get a piece of Marth's fine ass shines through. Also that conversation with Roger. Mostly that conversation with Roger.

Hardin is one of the more developed characters in the Archanea games thanks to his expanded role in Mystery and the very understandable circumstances behind his artificially enhanced downfall. Camus why did you have to be a dick

Pretty safe picks tbh. If it weren't them, Jeorge and Arran would be up there.

In terms of ones I want to see in Warriors, it's about the same. Just with Medeus because I want to see them give him the Ganondorf treatment.

Huh at first I was thinking that this would be impossible (because shadow dragon is possibly my least favorite FE) but I think that I have a few 

1. Tiki, I have almost always had a massive bias for manaketes and Tiki was one of my favorite units in shadow dragon.

2. Camus, one of the few Paladins that I like, his hair is enough to make him one of my favorites in the series. Second only to daddy Seth.

3. Est, the original est is also one of my favorites of the archetype and I also find that she gets a lot less love than her sisters.

some honorable mentions would include Navarre(dual wielding before it was cool), Ogma(Closest thing to gerik I am ever getting in anything not the sacred stones), Caeda(I can't explain what it is but I just like her), The other white wings(OG triangle ATK) and Xane (Cool concept that nobody wants to bring back) and bantu (I just want him to die already so I can reflect on what a great guy he was)

I did not like marth though, unpopular opinions FTW

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Strange. I could have sworn I already posted in this one.

1: Hardin

Hardin avoids the pitfalls of the Archenean style as much as its format allows. He got a very solid introduction in both the lore and his recruitment. Its not a lot but we know what Hardin is about and that's he's a solid, kinda gruff guy who has feelings for the princess. The sequel expands on this characterization to add a tragic touch.
Hardin also stood the test of time well enough. Hardin did go to inspire other archtypes but the inspiration is more subtle and he's never outright cloned. His designs also remain instantly recognizable. When putting Hardin next to Zephiel or Arvis he's not discount Arvis or archaic Zephiel. He's Hardin. He's also a very solid unit with quick access to silver weapons. 

2: Caeda.

Same as with Hardin. She very much feels like her own character. Because she does at least half of the recruiting Caeda has a lot of dialogue. This is used to depict a kind, spunky and sometimes amusingly selfish princess. She's also never a damsel in distress(unless you count the anime) which gives her some baddass credentials. From the top of my head only Tana really competes with her for the spunky pegasus riding love interest and with her plentiful dialogue I think Caeda can handle herself in that one. 

3: Xane/Gordin

Both characters have a nice amount of charm to them. A lot of the things Xane say can be very amusing yet he still has some depth to him too. I think he's also the only mime in the franchise which gives him his own niche. Gordin meanwhile has his little gaggles stunt and a sweet relations with Jeorge and his little brother. Neither are mayor character but both do have a clear place in the world of Archenea.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Strange. I could have sworn I already posted in this one.

Probably because this thread was also posted in the DS Era section.

Navarre, Feena, and Ogma.

Navarre is my favorite character in the entire FE series- tons of character development in the manga, anime, & New Mystery, plus gets the most references those things in TMS #FE of any of the Mirages (I can definitely tell someone on the team was a big fan, since all of the other mirages besides Tiki have little to no connection to their past selves.) Plus, he's great in game- a little frail, but in my experience his speed is so ridiculous nothing can hit him. Gotta love those 80/90% crit rates, man.

From what I've seen, Feena is pretty much regarded as having the best stats of the attacking dancers, right? I like a lot of her dialogue too NAVARRE IN PIGTAILS GUYS but her stats are the real draw for me. She plays like how I wanted Olivia to play :/

And Ogma... honestly, just for his character. He has great stats too but I've always preferred myrmidons to mercenaries when picking a sword user for my team. He's another one that gets a lot of character development in the anime/manga/New Mystery and he's just a Really Good Guy. Plus, if you compare Navarre to Yashiro & Ogma to Navarre, he's like 6'8". I bet he gives the Best Hugs.

Honorable mentions go to Marth, Julian, Tiki, Cain, Nyna, & Kris. And yes, my team in 11/12 is just Tiki, one magic user, and all of these sword users. I try to use Roger, Jake & one of the axe users too but they always end up lagging behind in levels & are pretty much useless by the endgame. Who needs the weapon triangle when you can just pick your favorite characters, right?

Minerva, Xane and Tiki (+ honourable mention Navarre)

Minerva because she's cool and they haven't announced any wyvern riders at least yet. I think both her design and role in the story are quite memorable.

Xane is a pretty unique case in Shadow Dragon and I think he'd be unique in Warriors too.

Tiki's pretty much already confirmed since her amiibo was shown. She's been in so many games that I think she deserves to be in.

I feel conflicted about Navarre. I like him a lot and he's my favourite character from SD but there's already so many sword-users that have been announced that I don't think adding him would bring all that much to the table. But he is popular and has made a lot of appearances in other games, so I could see them adding him because of that.

Ogma, Minerva, Merric.

Ogma I really like for a number of reasons: he has excellent stats; even starting the archtype of absurdly powerful early-mid game characters who only get even better, he has an interesting backstory, and I like characters who are morally good and an immensely loyal champion to someone for a very understandable reason; who wouldn't swear loyalty to a princess that saved your life?

Minerva: red-haired wyvern rider with a unique axe and decent stats. What's not to like?

Merric: mainly because of Excalibur (and I needed a third person), but I also find his story a little amusing.

Jeorge - Very pretty, and I love his attitude about nobles and commoners. He's one of my favourite units.

Wolf - Also very pretty (yes, I know it's a theme of mine). I like his loyalty towards Hardin in the first game, even if I find it a tad obsessive in the second game. He seems a pretty cool guy. Plus a good unit :)

Abel - The original one of my favourite archetype. I adore this guy. He seems like an all round nice guy and very dependable. I loathe his FE12 ending and usually just mentally pair him up with Palla.

normally i only like cute guys but my favorite is actually sheena lol, i've never even used her and she gets almost no screen time but her map is very memorable

i like merric because shadow dragon was my first fire emblem game and excalibur was clutch and got me through so much crap i shouldn't have gotten through

i like jagen because he was the one who taught me that some people are inherently inferior to others and that sometimes it's better to just give up on life and hope things turn out better next time

not really top three but honorable mentions to gordin for being cute, etzel for looking like canas, malice for reminding me of scarlet from trails despite existing 15-20 years earlier, midia for making bsfe1 tolerable, and xane for hair dec equality

Edited by Iridium

Three favorite: Julian, Catria, and Macellan.

Who I want in warriors, if I had to pick from SD:  Minerva, Balistician Jake, and Merric.  

I'd say why, but it gets too long.