2nd Feh Channel (27th July 2017)

Armagon

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I singled those banners out specifically because they went live after Echoes of Mystery did but before Ylissean Summer, the first banner where they are in the list of obtainable heroes, did. Think about it. Would it make sense for those four characters to be on any of those three banners when there is already a focus dedicated to them going at the same time?

Not really. But what confuses me is this

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They are still going to need to add a new banner on the 28th that has the Alm's Army and Celica's Army characters in the regular summoning pool assuming they don't have the ability to retroactively add them into all the other active banners, which I'm pretty sure they don't or at the very least won't do even if they can. If not, those characters would be unavailable until Ylissean Summer ends which would just be lame.

It looks like you're saying that if a new banner isn't added on the 28th, then the Alm and Celica's army characters will be unavailable until Ylissean Summer ends. If their dedicated banner ends, wouldn't they still get added to the regular list of Heroes?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Save that for the October FEH channel update ;)

Maybe we'll get a glimpse at Chapter 13, where we can finally recruit Bruno upon completion!

Japan LOVES Day 1 sales so that's unlikely. If we're getting a Warriors banner, it'll most likely be in the last week of September to help hype and advertise Warriors.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I singled those banners out specifically because they went live after Echoes of Mystery did but before Ylissean Summer, the first banner where they are in the list of obtainable heroes, did. Think about it. Would it make sense for those four characters to be on any of those three banners when there is already a focus dedicated to them going at the same time?

New characters will only be added to other banners' lists once their introductory banner ends. Those banners begun while Echoes of Mystery was still running, so those new heroes were not featured on them.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It looks like you're saying that if a new banner isn't added on the 28th, then the Alm and Celica's army characters will be unavailable until Ylissean Summer ends. If their dedicated banner ends, wouldn't they still get added to the regular list of Heroes?

To be honest, I'm can neither confirm or deny whether or not if that is how it works. From what it seems like to me, they only start including the most recent new characters into the regular summoning pull for banners that go live once their introductory banner ends. In other words, I wouldn't expect to see any of the Alm's Army or Celica's Army characters listed as obtainable heroes under Ylissean Summer, Cavalry or Heroes with Quick Riposte come the 28th since those banners went live before Alm's Army and Celica's Army ended.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not really. But what confuses me is this

The way I interpret Tybrosion's fear is this: the game does not have an internal list of Heroes that can be pulled at 3*, 4* and 5* rarity, but rather, each banner has the list of currently available Heroes tied to it at all rarities.

Banners with new Heroes do not have them in the general pool, but rather, the focus slots (which are separate from the general pool- I have pulled two 3* rarity Subaki from the Quick Riposte banner). Only after the banner has run its course are the new heroes added to the general pool as 5* or 4-5* rarity units that may be pulled from any other banner.

When the new banners are dropped, one of two things will happen:
A) The Heroes will be added to the general pool, and will be ninja-ed into the summon lists of the currently running banners. This is the more convenient option from a programming perspective, to my understanding.
B) The Heroes will not be available, because no banner lists them under the summoning list. Try as you might, you cannot summon Delthea from the Quick Riposte banner, but if Option A is the way the game handles it, you will be able to after the banner expires. This is a change to the way summoning works, and might have some sort of legal or similar problem tied to it.

Logically, we should know which option the game uses since the first time a new character banner expired while a special banner was running (which could be as early as Battling Robin, I can't be bothered checking the dates). However, no one has actually checked before because banners normally cycled perfectly, with Ylissean Summer throwing a wrench that forces us to consider the possibility that Option B is the way the game handles banners (unless someone can claim to have summoned a recent unit from a side banner?).

EDIT: I should probably explain these better.

Option A: There is an internal file of all current Heroes, and when a banner is choosing what heroes you've summoned, it uses the list {All Heroes + Focus Heroes}. Adding Heroes to this internal file adds them to all banners.
Option B: Each banner has it's own list of available Heroes that it refers to, where this list just happens to be identical but redundantly copied across all banners. Adding Heroes might not be done to the currently running banners.

If Option B is the way the game handles the summoning list, Tybrosion is correct.

(Also, I did check- the Mage Voting Gauntlet was the earliest this phenomenon might have been observed. The World of Radiance banner was taken down on May 15, while the cocurrent Mage Voting Gauntlet banners ran past that date to May 18. If anyone can report summoning a Tellius character on these banners, or any later clashes, we know the game uses Option A ahead of time).

Edited by phineas81707

11:30 pm, huh... That's really late for me, so I guess I'm staying up today.

I do wonder what they plan to show us, though.  Also, did the Lucina vs Feh thing give the little guy his English name, or is this the first time we're getting it?

10:30pm for me. This better be worth the wait, I take this'll likely be CYL since they're making a big deal out of it. I was ready for a summoning with Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, and Leonardo. Will it ever happen :( I've been saving my orbs for Edward, but if CYL happens I'll probably use a lot of them. How are they going to do it though? There's like 20 characters, split them all into fours? I mean, we already have so many summonings currently.

Yeah, Europe's got it worse... That sucks.

It's 11:30 PM for me, which is late, but not too late. I tend to stay up until midnight anyway unless I have reasons to be up early the next day.

I'm just expecting a couple new features like last time, glimpses at the next gauntlet and Tempest Trial, and a surprise or two. That's all. But it should be exciting nonetheless!

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

10:30pm for me. This better be worth the wait, I take this'll likely be CYL since they're making a big deal out of it. I was ready for a summoning with Micaiah, Sothe, Edward, and Leonardo. Will it ever happen :( I've been saving my orbs for Edward, but if CYL happens I'll probably use a lot of them. How are they going to do it though? There's like 20 characters, split them all into fours? I mean, we already have so many summonings currently.

I think you missunderstand the CYL a bit. Not evryone in the top 10 (of both genders) get new art, only the top 2 (of both genders) get a new version with new art, so that's only one banner. Quite the shame Hector barely didn't make it.

About the anouncement, I'm expecting they'll introduce a new banner, and the next Voting Gauntlet. Probably a sneak peak at an upcoming GHB as well. They'll probably also mention the CYL banner, or at least tell us when we get the units in the game. There should be more, but I'm not sure whether they'll really introduce more game modes or something like that. We'll see what happens.

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Yeah I'm sure nothing is as bad as being European

I MEAN. THAT SUCKS. You can just view it in the morning :D

Yeah, being European is really bad, I always feel so left out on the internet... Getting top 1000 in all rounds of a voting gauntlet helps ease my pain though.

But I was only talking about the timing. And yeah, I don't mind watching it in the morning to much, but evryone can watch it later if it goes live at a bad time for them right?

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, being European is really bad, I always feel so left out on the internet... Getting top 1000 in all rounds of a voting gauntlet helps ease my pain though.

But I was only talking about the timing. And yeah, I don't mind watching it in the morning to much, but evryone can watch it later if it goes live at a bad time for them right?

The feathers are worth it! I hope we get another gauntlet because I need to promote Nowi soon...

Yeah true ppl can just watch stuff later

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

I think you missunderstand the CYL a bit. Not evryone in the top 10 (of both genders) get new art, only the top 2 (of both genders) get a new version with new art, so that's only one banner. Quite the shame Hector barely didn't make it.

Oh, Ig I did misunderstand then. That means Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina. Can't say I'm overly excited then. They're all decent characters, but eh. Maybe Roy will be better now at least.

4 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Oh, Ig I did misunderstand then. That means Ike, Roy, Lyn, and Lucina. Can't say I'm overly excited then. They're all decent characters, but eh. Maybe Roy will be better now at least.

I get you there. Ike is the only one I care about at all. The others I either find meh or just downright dislike them. So yeah, I'm excited for Ike, that's it. :P

8 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Well, only Lucina and Ike are outstanding so Lyn could use a boost too.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I get you there. Ike is the only one I care about at all. The others I either find meh or just downright dislike them. So yeah, I'm excited for Ike, that's it. :P

Yeah, I love Ike too. But, he's like the best. So I'm not sure how they'll top him. It'd be awesome if he was a different colored unit. Like Ike with Urvan, that would be pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, only Lucina and Ike are outstanding so Lyn could use a boost too.

I haven't used Lyn, but with the right skills she's pretty darn good. But yeah Lucina and Ike are the best sword units in the game. So Lyn could use a boost. Roy definitely needs one.

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah, I love Ike too. But, he's like the best. So I'm not sure how they'll top him. It'd be awesome if he was a different colored unit. Like Ike with Urvan, that would be pretty awesome.

Urvan fits RD Ike more though, since that's when Ike actually gained the ability to use axes and was given Urvan in the first place. PoR Ike was the one that won CYL and he was always sword-locked. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see CYL Ike wield an axe of some kind, and I kinda hope he does because I'm in need of 5 star axes that aren't Frederick. :P

I can promote someone to 5 star now if I want since I have 25,000 feathers, but I just don't feel like it at the moment. And I'd like to promote Michalis so I have a 5 star flier, so he's top priority at the moment. But that'll be when I'm in the mood, as I said. :P

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

What about my poor Nolan?  We could certainly use some more Axe guys.

16 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

I haven't used Lyn, but with the right skills she's pretty darn good. But yeah Lucina and Ike are the best sword units in the game. So Lyn could use a boost. Roy definitely needs one.

Ryoma's pretty great too from what I hear. In fact, some sources say that with proper inheritance, he's better than Ike. I mean, my low tier Robin annihilates both, but without specific counters, they are both scourges.

Lyn's main problem I think is that she just gets lost in the sea of swordies. There are simply plenty of better options.

Personally, I'm expecting CYL characters to be mostly the same as their normal version, perhaps with modified stat distributions and a unique weapon.

This would be a convenient way to implement a 6-star system, though, but I can't really see that happening with how the game has only been out for half a year. But I've been wrong before.

Lyn with Brash Assault is hype though. Get below half health, annihilate the highest speed tiers on player phase without taking damage. Plus Galeforce to do it again or retreat.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

This would be a convenient way to implement a 6-star system,

Ohhhh, now I get why there's so much feather income. We'll need 200000 feathers for our favorites!

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

This would be a convenient way to implement a 6-star system, though, but I can't really see that happening with how the game has only been out for half a year. But I've been wrong before.

Now that i think about it, i remember some weapon and skill descriptions in Heroes saying "can only be unlocked by 5-Star units or higher". Maybe it's just flavor text but it can also hint at the possibility of 6-Star units being a thing in the future.