2nd Feh Channel (27th July 2017)

Armagon

Just now, Armagon said:

Now that i think about it, i remember some weapon and skill descriptions in Heroes saying "can only be unlocked by 5-Star units or higher". Maybe it's just flavor text but it can also hint at the possibility of 6-Star units being a thing in the future.

Almost certainly just the game reusing text for all rarities, e.g. "can only be unlocked by {{0}}-Star units or higher" with the {{0}} token replaced by the rarity it is locked behind.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personally, I'm expecting CYL characters to be mostly the same as their normal version, perhaps with modified stat distributions and a unique weapon.

This would be a convenient way to implement a 6-star system, though, but I can't really see that happening with how the game has only been out for half a year. But I've been wrong before.

I hope you're right that they don't implement this..

21 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Ohhhh, now I get why there's so much feather income. We'll need 200000 feathers for our favorites!

Even at the most generous feather earnings, T20 every week, top of tempest trial and in human dedication to the voting gauntlet around (12000 though you can get higher), will net you around 47600 feathers a month if we had any hero merits, quest, and Tempest rewards you can round that up to about 50000 and even at that insane number per month it would still take you 4 months (or more precisely 16 weeks) of spending zero feathers to achieve that number that means that you could have exactly 3 6* upgrades if you spent absolutely nothing a year. Man I hope this is not a thing. 

Edited by Locke087

1 minute ago, Gustavos said:

I remember making a joke about 6 star characters and the gacha nerds informed me this is a standard practice. The world is a cold, unforgiving place.

I'd imagine if 6-star rarity were added to this game, the method of promoting to 6-star rarity would be different (6-star is "special" in other games). Perhaps implementing Master Seals or something.

That said, the difficulty currently in the game doesn't at all require anything above 5-star units, which is one of the reasons I don't see it happening anytime soon. Stat inflation exists, but there are enough mechanics in this game that can allow a player to overcome higher stats without relying on higher stats on player units.

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd imagine if 6-star rarity were added to this game, the method of promoting to 6-star rarity would be different (6-star is "special" in other games). Perhaps implementing Master Seals or something.

That said, the difficulty currently in the game doesn't at all require anything above 5-star units, which is one of the reasons I don't see it happening anytime soon. Stat inflation exists, but there are enough mechanics in this game that can allow a player to overcome higher stats without relying on higher stats on player units.

I really hope if they do add it, they don't lock it to certain characters. That'd be a huge blow. That being said, FEH has been good at keeping things mostly open (aside from a few weapons and some skills not being able to be learned by classes), so I really hope that continues. 

And yeah, fully dislike the idea of 200,000 feathers for sure!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Urvan fits RD Ike more though, since that's when Ike actually gained the ability to use axes and was given Urvan in the first place. PoR Ike was the one that won CYL and he was always sword-locked. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see CYL Ike wield an axe of some kind, and I kinda hope he does because I'm in need of 5 star axes that aren't Frederick. :P

I can promote someone to 5 star now if I want since I have 25,000 feathers, but I just don't feel like it at the moment. And I'd like to promote Michalis so I have a 5 star flier, so he's top priority at the moment. But that'll be when I'm in the mood, as I said. :P

Yeah that's true and yeah I definitely need a new axe wielder. All I have is Michalis, who btw is pretty awesome imo.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

What about my poor Nolan?  We could certainly use some more Axe guys.

I figured there would only be four people in a summoning, so he'd probably be the only one left out. But they should make an exception to include him.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Ryoma's pretty great too from what I hear. In fact, some sources say that with proper inheritance, he's better than Ike. I mean, my low tier Robin annihilates both, but without specific counters, they are both scourges.

Lyn's main problem I think is that she just gets lost in the sea of swordies. There are simply plenty of better options.

Idk what skills would put Ryoma above Ike. I have him and he's good, but he's definitely not better than my Ike.

Yeah. I just don't have her so I'm not sure of her weaknesses. I did battle one person in the arena who had her with reposition (I think), Galeforce, and I think Heavy Blade. It was a crazy good Lyn though, beat the crap out of my units.

Edit: What might be interesting is giving Lyn a bow. After all, that is her second weapon when she class changes.

Edit: As others have said I'd like to see a Six Star character added. But Idk if they'll do it with all of the merges people have done. I'd be down with it though. I wonder what color they'd do. Maybe platinum or some rainbow thing.

Edited by SSbardock84

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Idk what skills would put Ryoma above Ike. I have him and he's good, but he's definitely not better than my Ike.

Mostly the fact that Ryoma has better Spd while having comparable Atk. Ike (31) is almost a full speed tier below Ryoma (35).

I'm kind of mixed about the idea of a 6 star system. On one hand, it could probably work nicely, but on the other, the requirements to upgrade someone to that star level could just be plain annoying.

So for me, it would depend entirely on how IS would plan to do it.

I think a boost item would probably be best. Maybe like a limit breaker thing instead of an actual star increase.

@Ice Dragon Ah, I see. I'd say it still would depend on both of their skills on who would win and obviously what strategy is being used.

7 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

I think a boost item would probably be best. Maybe like a limit breaker thing instead of an actual star increase.

@Ice Dragon Ah, I see. I'd say it still would depend on both of their skills on who would win and obviously what strategy is being used.

Of course, you probably don't want them dueling each other anyways. And yeah, skills play a big part as Ike was given two ridiculous skills from the start so he has a no inheritance edge. Most things I've read says that you really can't go wrong with either one, but the actual list has Ryoma on top of the inheritance list.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Of course, you probably don't want them dueling each other anyways. And yeah, skills play a big part as Ike was given two ridiculous skills from the start so he has a no inheritance edge. Most things I've read says that you really can't go wrong with either one, but the actual list has Ryoma on top of the inheritance list.

Yeah, why is that? Is it including stuff like Raijinto?

1 minute ago, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah, why is that? Is it including stuff like Raijinto?

I honestly don't know why. Guessing it's what Ice Dragon said about speed, and I'm pretty sure Raijinto is taken into account. Honestly, it and Ragnell probably make a decent portion of why they are considered so good. If other units had distant count swords, it may be a different story.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I honestly don't know why. Guessing it's what Ice Dragon said about speed, and I'm pretty sure Raijinto is taken into account. Honestly, it and Ragnell probably make a decent portion of why they are considered so good. If other units had distant count swords, it may be a different story.

Yeah, which reminds me I wish they made Xander a bit better starting off. It takes a bit of work to put him at a higher level. I like to think that my Xander is pretty good.

Edited by SSbardock84

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Yeah, which reminds me I wish they made Xander a bit better starting off. It takes a bit of work to put him at a higher level. I like to think that my Xander is pretty good.

They probably made him worse off due to being free...and on a horse. I never promoted him, and I ended up going with Camus instead myself.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They probably made him worse off due to being free...and on a horse. I never promoted him, and I ended up going with Camus instead myself.

I promoted both of them. Camus is pretty awesome, he's better than my Cordelia. I was needing a new lance user who didn't have a weakness. I had been hoping for Ephraim, still haven't gotten him. Edit: Berkut has been a bit of disappointment. I don't have the necessary skills to give him yet though.

Edited by SSbardock84

Though if we do put Ike and Ryoma against each other, Ike pretty much wins because of Swordbreaker. Ryoma can't double Ike without +Spd (or Ike being -Spd), and Ike would double Ryoma regardless of speed with Swordbreaker. And Ryoma has lowish def while Ike is fairly tanky.

Now if SI were taken into account, there's all kinds of possibilities there.

Edited by Anacybele

I promoted both of them. Camus is pretty awesome, he's better than my Cordelia. I was needing a new lance user who didn't have a weakness. I had been hoping for Ephraim, still haven't gotten him. Edit: Berkut has been a bit of disappointment. I don't have the necessary skills to give him yet though.

I still keep Cordelia in my primary team, but she is the one I rotate with bonus heroes. I don't really need her though since Robin slays swords with TA swordbreaker, but I have two mages on the team and could use physical damage to round it out.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Though if we do put Ike and Ryoma against each other, Ike pretty much wins because of Swordbreaker. Ryoma can't double Ike without +Spd, and Ike would double Ryoma regardless of speed with Swordbreaker. And Ryoma has lowish def while Ike is fairly tanky.

Now if SI were taken into account, there's all kinds of possibilities there.

Yeah I forget about Swordbreaker. It honestly didn't do my Ike a whole lotta good so I gave him Vantage instead. He's pretty stinking awesome with it.

@Arthur97 Yeah she was in my main team for the longest time. I see, I don't actually usually do the bonus heroes stuff. Robin Summer? I didn't even attempt that summoning.

Edited by SSbardock84

Yeah I forget about Swordbreaker. It honestly didn't do my Ike a whole lotta good so I gave him Vantage instead. He's pretty stinking awesome with it.

I kept Swordbreaker and Heavy Blade. Helps Ike proc Aether quickly, and keep him healthy. He's swept whole teams and near whole teams for me doing this simply because Aether kept healing him right back up. Hahaha.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder which kind of atributtes would change in a theorical 6-star rarity.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I kept Swordbreaker and Heavy Blade. Helps Ike proc Aether quickly, and keep him healthy. He's swept whole teams for me doing this simply because Aether kept healing him right back up. Hahaha.

Heavy Blade I definitely didn't get rid of. Yeah it makes Ike so awesome, I love how fast it gets him to Aether. I can usually solo most maps with him. Did you give him Quickened Seal? That's who I gave it to. That helps with Aether a lot too. Well, obviously.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Heavy Blade I definitely didn't get rid of. Yeah it makes Ike so awesome, I love how fast it gets him to Aether. I can usually solo most maps with him. Did you give him Quickened Seal? That's who I gave it to. That helps with Aether a lot too. Well, obviously.

No, I never got that seal. Didn't even know it existed. o.O But now I really want it. :P

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, I never got that seal. Didn't even know it existed. o.O But now I really want it. :P

Oh, I mean Quickened Pulse. And it was that Sacred Seal in the first Tempest Trial. Minuses 1 cooldown at the start of turn 1.

Edited by SSbardock84

5 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

@Arthur97 Yeah she was in my main team for the longest time. I see, I don't actually usually do the bonus heroes stuff. Robin Summer? I didn't even attempt that summoning.

I got Tiki. These days I have one of the Askr trio tag along and wait while the other three take out the enemies.

As for Ike vs. Ryoma, how well they do against each other doesn't really mean much as ideally, you don't want swords attacking swords.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I got Tiki. These days I have one of the Askr trio tag along and wait while the other three take out the enemies.

As for Ike vs. Ryoma, how well they do against each other doesn't really mean much as ideally, you don't want swords attacking swords.

I thought the summer summoning was dumb tbh. At least the characters chosen for it imo.

Yeah that's true. I usually don't have them fight if I see Ryoma on the map. I try to have Camus take him out.