Who's ur top 3 Shadow Dragon characters? Reposted.

votris11

After looking at the FE polls, I came to the realization that we don't really see many popularity poll for Shadow Dragon outside of Japan, so I decided to make one as an experiment What's ur top 3 favorite Shadow Dragon Characters? (FE12/ New Mystery characters are allowed) Whether it's because you like them as an unit or by their character, doesn't matter, as long as you like them.
Feel free to give a reason and thank you for voting. Also if u dont have 3 favorites, still feel free to vote.
My favorites are Minerva, Caesar, and Yumina.

I've already post this topic already, however, due to how the forums work, it's easily shove out of relevance. I want to get as many votes as possible. So if you haven't voted yet, please do. It would help with my research. Thank You. Also if you haven't play the game yet, no worries, as long as you like them (whether it's from Smash, Echoes, Awakening, Heroes, or Tokyo Mirage Session).

1: Hardin

Hardin avoids the pitfalls of the Archenean style as much as its format allows. He got a very solid introduction in both the lore and his recruitment. Its not a lot but we know what Hardin is about and that's he's a solid, kinda gruff guy who has feelings for the princess. The sequel expands on this characterization to add a tragic touch.
Hardin also stood the test of time well enough. Hardin did go to inspire other archtypes but the inspiration is more subtle and he's never outright cloned. His designs also remain instantly recognizable. When putting Hardin next to Zephiel or Arvis he's not discount Arvis or archaic Zephiel. He's Hardin. He's also a very solid unit with quick access to silver weapons. 

2: Caeda.

Same as with Hardin. She very much feels like her own character. Because she does at least half of the recruiting Caeda has a lot of dialogue. This is used to depict a kind, spunky and sometimes amusingly selfish princess. She's also never a damsel in distress(unless you count the anime) which gives her some baddass credentials. From the top of my head only Tana really competes with her for the spunky pegasus riding love interest and with her plentiful dialogue I think Caeda can handle herself in that one. 

3: Xane/Gordin

Both characters have a nice amount of charm to them.  A lot of the things Xane say can be very amusing yet he still has some depth to him too. I think he's also the only mime in the franchise which gives him his own niche. Gordin meanwhile has his little gaggles stunt and a sweet relations with Jeorge and his little brother. Neither are mayor character but both do have a clear place in the world of Archenea. 

2 hours ago, Integrity said:

i'm assuming that this belongs in the checks shadow dragon forums but if i moved this in error please pm

Sorry, just join this site, not 100% sure what to do exactly for topics..

I really like Caeda she has a really nice design and she's really useful too, plus her being the first flier makes her iconic in my opinion. Other than her it would be Palla (I really liked her in Echoes) and my third favorite is either Sheema or Elice. I really like Pink knights.

Marth - Although not being a particularly great unit in SD. I've become pretty attached to Marth for the kindness, compassion and determination he displays during the dark eras of the two Archanea games.

Caeda - Brave yet warm-hearted character. She goes to great lengths to support Marth which I find endearing. Good availability, useful unit, useful personal weapon, early flier for SD.

Jagen - Champion of the world Altea that served Marth until his very end. Good availability, good base stats, handy having a promoted unit so early on.

Minerva - one of my top five favorite female FE characters I just love her design and personality as well as her being a Dracoknight which is on of my favorite classes.

Navarre - I really love his design and he always turns out to be my best swordsman in my playthroughs, I also like his personality and moral code.

Merric - I have a fondness for best friend characters and Merric is one of my favorites, plus I really like male mages.

18 hours ago, Integrity said:

i'm assuming that this belongs in the checks shadow dragon forums but if i moved this in error please pm

I see Yumina mentioned in the OP and she's FE12. Probably best moved to DS era.

5 hours ago, Umbran Darros said:

I see Yumina mentioned in the OP and she's FE12. Probably best moved to DS era.

huh you're right

1. Minerva - She's just a badass in so many ways and she's always trying to do the right thing, even if it's difficult for her. 

2. Marth - The OG of lords. He's very kind and compassionate. I find it really cool that he's modest, and isn't afraid to admit that he had help to accomplish his great deeds. 

3. Catria - Her support with Palla is very relatable. And at the end of it she learns a bit more of who she is and gains some confidence from it. 

1. Tomas - This guy found his way into just about every stupid playthrough I do.  His endgame stats never fail to amuse me, either.

2. Sedgar - The Wolfguard didn't get a ton of convos.  However, what they did get was interesting.  He was an amazing unit in Shadow Dragon, and a cool character in New Mystery.

3. Jeorge - I don't know what it is about Archanean bow guys, really.  His characterization in New Mystery was one of my favorites, even if I barely used him in both games.

Honorable mention to Caesar and Radd, the two generics with the most personality in Shadow Dragon.

1. Caeda. Well she actually has a defined personality as seen in her various recruitments, and is a female lead who doesn't get damselfied, and the Winged Spear was a fun if OP tool in Shadow Dragon. I enjoyed her cute little love arc with Marth too.

2. Minerva. Has an outstanding design, mostly. I don't remember much about her character but it was at least generically cool. Dislike that she loses her kingdom to Marth and/or her brother (really?!?!) at the end of New Mystery but oh well).

3. Katarina. I found the little assassin plotline of New Mystery one of the few parts of its story that kept me awake. I like that she's an apparently sweet girl capable of stabbing you in the back, and i liked the scene where she is convinced to rejoin.

Hmm I guess I don't really like any of the men as much. Marth/Merric/Jeorge are probably my favourites there in some order.

1. Tiki. My favourite dragon in the series. I love Tiki. She is adorable, strong and I love seeing her evolution between Marth's era and Awakening.

2. Caeda. I love peg knights in general and Caeda is a great one. She's also my favourite lord love interest. Wing Spear OP too.

3. Katarina. One of the things that I liked about New Mystery. I love her subplot and I think she is an amazing character with a great design.

Honorable: Marth, Minerva, Merric, Linde, Jeorge, the Whitewings, Ogma, Camus

1. Shiida, her W1n Spear is just laughable overpowered. Pair this with the fact that most enemies are weak to it, that you can buy multiple copies AND can forge it is just broken. Her weak defensive stats mean nothing, when she kills everything with a single hit.

2. Lena, first real useful healer. Blows Wrys out of the water right from the start. Can use Warp right off the bat and is your Hammerne resource. Could promote pretty easily, but doesn't require so to be useful until end game. She did like the Falcon promoting item, as she could turn into a Bishop right after. She never had much competition for those, as Shiida and Catria like Dragon Knight better.

3. Hardin, evil ruler that was pretty strong early on. Early Silver Lance access is incredibly useful. That also means additional hit when used the Ridersbane, which he pretty much claims. Because of this he gets a lot of EXP early on, which helps him getting closer to Abel and/or Cain. Would be hilarious if he could turn General in SD, Warp him in and see him rule XD

1. Katarina, I like her design and her character plot in the prologue/paralogues, she's a good mage and I see her as a opposite to Kris and also I identify her with Robin due to her dlc class in Awakening being Grandmaster. Which fits nicely for her as during the prologue she's your tactician.

2. Caeda/Shiida, I know her as Caeda, but I know a lot of people call her Shiida as that's her Japanese name, anyways getting back on topic, she is a member of my favorite class, and is basically the first lady of Fire Emblem (since Marth would obviously be President) She was really good for me in Shadow Dragon as I basically screwed myself over by letting her and Draug get all the exp and were level 20 promotes while everyone else was level 5 or so promotes at the endgame (besides Marth, he was level 30) anyways despite me not having that many good units, Caeda held down an entire section of the final level by herself while the other units managed to wipe out the enemy forces (shout outs to Lena and Maria for being such good healers) Another reason I like Caeda is the fact that she is part of one of the few Canon marriages in Fire Emblem (the others I would consider would be ZekexTatiana, AlmxCelica, SaberxGenny, EstxAbel, SigurdxDeirdre, RoyxLilina, EliwoodxNinian, GeoffreyxElincia, SothexMiciah, ChromxSumia *this one can be changed but it's heavily implied and even shown in the OP* and RobinxLucina) and one final reason if her Character, in the game she cares deeply for Marth, willing to sacrifice herself to save him, even putting herself at risk to gain allies for him. That's deep trust/love there. One final note I have is her relationship with Ogma, the way she saved him shows compassion towards other people, even at a young age, and in the 2 episode anime of shadow dragon, she plays a heavy role, and her stepping between Navarre's and Ogma's duel was both brave and foolish, but is one of her strongest moments as a character I feel, and it shows she isn't completely one sided like a good portion of other fire emblem characters.

3. Midia,so I choose Midia basically due to her design and relationship with Astram, I used both of them and while there was other units that were better (Cain/Abel and Ogma respectfully) they were both good, Midia was slightly better due to her higher movement and was often used either for chip damage or as a fast moving support unit, I know that isn't much to go on, but when compared to the lack of depth most characters in Shadow Dragon get, she stood out to me.

Honorable mentions to: Draug, Lena, Ogma, Navarre, Astram, Tiki, Minerva (would have used her more but didn't bother training her up like I should have), Maria, the whitewings, Merric, Linde, Luke, Rody(erick), and Cecille.

• 1 year later...

1. Cecille. Underrated unit imo. Good stat growths, usually change her into Myrmidon > Swordmaster and good support convo's, I suppose. Really liked her though.

2. Luke. What a fucking god. 

3. Katarina. Her and MU/Kris kept me hooked on playing, still sad I was too lazy to collect those spheres and never got the perfect ending. Atleast I did get kind of a perfect ending by seeing her and the 7th platoon re-united.

Hardin: A decent unit, dastardly good design (mustache + turban = best combo), and one of my favorite villains.  Though after played Genealogy, his status as my favorite villain has been demoted, though outside of that game he's my favorite.

Catria: Ridiculously relatable character, as someone who has trouble getting a word in during conversations, is a middle sibling, and fairly loveless.  This isn't even talking about her godly stats.  It's practically unfair that you get her literally the second chapter of Book 2.

Katarina: I just wanna give this poor gal a big, long hug.  Not the absolute best unit (though you can make her good if you decide to actually pick her up and use her), but I definitely head canon Kris x Katarina (regardless of gender; I think she's one of those "few who secretly lust for Kris").  When a character can make me feel sorry for someone as despicable and uncaring as Clarisse, that has gotta mean something.

Honorable mentions: All of the 7th Platoon, Sheena, Minerva, Sirius, Abel, Ogma, Julian, Phina, Wolf, Jeorge, Linde, and Nagi

• 2 months later...

1. Xane: He is really unlike any other Fire Emblem unit. Want a clone of your best unit? Go ahead. Want to get a third ballista? Go nuts. He's just really fun to play around with, if a bit more harder to use than a traditional dancer.

2. Sedgar: Yeah, training him up is only worth it if you don't mind shitting your turncounts, but if you don't then you get a unit with the best growths in the game! Besides Wolf, but his hair is dumb :P. You'd be surprised how long a capped defence general can get consistently tinked.

3. Jagen: Base B lances, with you for the entire game, cool shoulder spikes, what's not to love? It's not like he falls off that hard, reclassing and forges allow him to stay relevant for a long time.

• 3 months later...

1. Barst. Always liked fighter units. Even better now that he can finally promote into hero.

2. Lena. Free Warp right off the bat. Never promotes, but who cares when you can warp.

3. Hardin. Silver Lance / Ridersbane without any effort. Great unit, almost RNG proof.

• 8 months later...

I thought I had already posted on this

1. Minerva - My favorite of the Archanean characters. Wyvern rider have always been my favorite classes, and she is the coolest of them.

2. Yubello - I like both the Grustian heirs, but I am giving the spot to the little prince. Part of it is just that I have used him more (I find it easier to slot a mage and one is kinda necessary to take out Gharnef) and I like to see him grow in competence and confidence.

3. Sirius/Camus - I have always been a bit of a sucker for Camus characters, the idea that good people can fight against because they are a patriot, and have interests that concern their homeland that run counter to the "good guys" (like keeping the kidnapped heirs of your country alive by staying loyal). Plus having him return enmasked to avoid the consequences of his actions was kinda cool.

• 2 months later...

Julian: I know he doesn't really get much screen time but I like what little we got from the games and from the anime, also his supports with Rickard are pretty funny. I also like his icon from the nes game. It tells a lot about his character I mean again just look at his supports with Rickard. Not to mention he's pretty much the perfect lover who would travel even to the lair of a dark dragon just to save you even if you only look at him as a friend. Oh and uhm whenever I found a chapter too easy I would just use the warp staff and made him kill the boss/reinforcements while praying to the rng gods

Camus: Yeah he's a boss in fe11 but I love his track and his map, not to mention the build up with Nyna telling you how much she loved him and their story, also fighting the Sable order knowing that if Camus was there it would propably been a much harder battle is pretty cool. Then after defeating him and seeing him return in fe12 and in Echoes/Gaiden feels good and adds alot to his character. I also like the focus on him in the extra chapters and using him in the story of fe12.

The whitewings: I mean yeah some of you might call me a cheater for this one 'cause "Hey that's more than 3 characters" and you are completely right, tho I can't count them as seperate characters since their fun comes from their dynamic. Palla the motherly and carring big sister, Est the young and cheerful yet a bit naive one and Catria the serious yet most emotional of the three. Their supports work well  and it's fun to hear them interact. I also liked using the triangle attack on my first playtrough alot. Tho If I had to choose I would propably choose Est. Yeah she joins late and under-leveled but she's just fun and her ending hurt in fe12.

(also sry if I made spelling mistakes I'm making this post late at night and I can barely see what I'm writing lmao)

• 2 weeks later...

Cord- Dark Mage Cord is still the definitive dark mage. 

Darros- I used him, and he was fun. Making a bad unit good is the most fun in a fire emblem game and the easiest way to get attached to someone.

Jake- Ballisticians are easily my favorite playable class in any fire emblem game. Jake was so much fun to use. Plus i came up with stupid and offensive reforge names for his ballista. 

tied with Jake is Warren, who's got Darros syndrome of making a bad unit good.

Edited by Abosikay

Darros: The one true God. Not much else to say really.

Warren: I love his design. I love simplistic looking characters who kinda embrace the 90s anime look tbh, plus I think he's really fun to use.

Caeser: Generally the same thought process for Warren. I made him a knight for whatever reason and he turned out really good at the end of my run.