Who's ur top 3 Shadow Dragon characters? Reposted.

votris11

1. Jagen is a legend and I love him to death.

2. Palla is really fun to use and I made a fun strat where she can get a lot kills really early (after she joins) without slowing the game down to a crawl.

3. Wendell has got to be my favorite magic user in the series, hes just a blast to use with his amazing base speed, also he is a cool character.

Jagen, Draug, Marth. I'm boring, I know. But Jagen reminds me of my grandpa, Marth is one of my favorite characters period, and I've had mad respect for Draug ever since my brother more or less solo'd SD with him (minus the last few chapters)

Oh, I didn't see New Mystery qualifies. Kris is my absolute favorite in that case.

Edited by Lightningdawn

1. Astram - He knows where his allegiance lies, but he's not so stubborn about it to not come to Marth's side. Kind of a Camus but not really type. And then there's his appearance in FE3/12 where he chases you across half of the game. He's persistent. He became super memorable to me because of this and totally grew on me. And I like his relationship with Midia. Bonus points for me getting extra attached to him after making a super expensive build of him in Heroes.

2. Caeda - She definitely has an advantage for having way more dialogue than anyone else in Shadow Dragon, but even then, all of it is really good. There's stuff like her recruiting Roger with the whole "Do you believe in love?" thing, which is hilarious and shows how sly she can be. She's bold, but you also get to see her softer sides in some of her conversations with Marth. Needless to say, she's an amazing unit. Watching her oneshot basically every boss whose name doesn't start with M and end in "edeus never gets old.

3. Palla - The kind and dependable older sister type has always been one of my favorites, and Palla is basically the perfect example of that. She's a really solid unit in every game she's in. 

• 2 weeks later...

3. Barst: Great unit, good speed, and was pretty good at holding choke points during enemy phase,.

2: Lena: The Warp Staff Girl and first character I Master Sealed on my first play through of Shadow Dragon, all around was a great healing till the very end 

1: Minerva: Amazing Unit and one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters. Was good straight from the get go and is good all the way till the end of the game.

• 10 months later...

1. caeda - so incredibly written for the simplest scripts in the franchise, they managed to write her as the love interest to marth without making her character all about him. as a bonus, she is very very good in gameplay too. best character in archanea.

2. wolf. the wolfguard doesn't get a particular lot of script time, but whatever they do get is pretty nice, their designs are cool as hell, and wolf/sedgar dominate SD. wolf is the coolest looking and also the leader of the wolfguard (i mean, it has his name, so), so he gets to represent them.

3. merric. desert clooooooooooothes. excaaaaaaalibur. also very likable and well written character. i do wish we got more marth/merric dialogue, though.

(4. katarina. i love the assassin subplot, both in writing and
in batshit gaiden chapters, and katarina is a simple yet well sold character. i wish she was better in gameplay, but this is the game with a free silvers tier, so...)

1. Shiida - One of my favorite peg knights in the series with a strong enough character to stand on her own. Great personality. The recruitment convo with Roger is flat-out one of the best in the series.

2. Marth - One of my favorite lords and an excellent arc in his own right. The first and one of the best in the series, IMO. One of the few male lords who isn't obnoxious or bland.

3. Jagen - The OG Jagen is a great character, even if he isn't particularly complex. I like him a lot.

Honorable mentions: Arran, Tiki, and Catria.

I can't really say much about them as characters (since the barebones plot & script means they don't get to show much character), but here's my list:

1. Ogma: one of the best units in the game, I like mercenary units, and I like that he's a bit blunt. 

2. Merric: he's a great mage, him coming with Excalibur is very useful, and I like how he's a bit of that, "awkward bit-of-a-dork-in-a-way-that's-endearing" character despite the limited script; I particularly enjoy his conversation with Elice. 

3. Caeda: she's a flying unit with a stronger rapier that's a spear, and she's interesting as a character.

Honorable Mentions:

Barst: Absolute beast of a unit thanks to great stats and most enemies being lance-wielders. 

Frey, Abel & Cain: great cavaliers.

Minerva: interesting character as the princess of Macedon and boss of the whitewings, and she has decent stats for a pre-promote.

Lena: great healer.

Tiki: she's a manakete that actually has growth rates. 

• 4 months later...

The most essential unit is Jagen. I suppose you don't need him but is there really any other unit that would be as frustrating to lose? He is the early game champion.

The most spectacular combat unit is Caeda. She can one-shot cavalry/knights with a forge, and take hits well with +HP and dracoknight.

The most powerful ability is warping and Lena is its best user.

The biggest difficulty curb stomp in the game is Sedgar. As a general you can immediately grind him to invincibility and let him carry you for the rest of the game. It turns H5 into H4 because he can just enemy phase a ton of enemies and render them hopeless against your main army. Who would be able to do that if not for Sedgar? Other than Wolf that is? And Wolf is amazing too, just not quite as much as Sedgar. If Wolf is a blue giant, then Sedgar is a blue giant that's a little bigger.

Edited by tacticsfan999