Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Quick question would I be not screwed if I used a level 1 unit in these gauntlets as the only character I have is a level 1 Robin who is +hp -spd and I'm too lazy to train her

Or maybe I should just join another team. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Reloaded said:

Quick question would I be not screwed if I used a level 1 unit in these gauntlets as the only character I have is a level 1 Robin who is +hp -spd and I'm too lazy to train her

Using a level 1 character is a viable strategy if you have people on your friends list on the same team as you. Your opponents and random ally will be chosen based on the level of your lead unit, but the unit you borrow from your friends list will always be their own level. You'll end up with 2 level 1-5 units and 1 level 40 unit against a team of 3 level 1-5 units and demolish them.

1 minute ago, Reloaded said:

You won't be screwed!

You'll be against other level 1 units, but your level 40 friends will mop them away ;)

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Arcantaloupe.

Okay this was actually pretty hilarious

Is this going to become an ongoing dash to get people to join our teams? XD

18 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Oh, plan on swapping her out for the gauntlet?

I mean, if you want her for colorless or something, I'll leave her in. 

1 minute ago, a bear said:

I mean, if you want her for colorless or something, I'll leave her in. 

I'd prefer somebody else, please.

Likewise, I can swap Lyn out if you prefer somebody else.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Oboro! said:

Okay this was actually pretty hilarious

Is this going to become an ongoing dash to get people to join our teams? XD

It wasn't easy to come up with either since "Arcanite" is hard to fit with a fruit name, so I would hope it's funny enough. lol

I guess so! lol

It'd be fun to do a contest to see how many people we can rally to our respective teams, but there's no good way to keep score or anything, plus I definitely see more people going for Elise anyway given the poll. :P

I'll be on team Frederick since he's the one I got first (and 3 copies of him two with great IVs) and he's the one I like the most.

If he loses and Robin is still there I'll go for her, otherwise with Gaius.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Using a level 1 character is a viable strategy if you have people on your friends list on the same team as you. Your opponents and random ally will be chosen based on the level of your lead unit, but the unit you borrow from your friends list will always be their own level. You'll end up with 2 level 1-5 units and 1 level 40 unit against a team of 3 level 1-5 units and demolish them.

8 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

You won't be screwed!

You'll be against other level 1 units, but your level 40 friends will mop them away ;)

In that case... is anyone on team Robin willing to add me? I'd like to get carried to victory lol. Almost everyone on my friends list stopped playing this game (this was a problem last gauntlet too, I'd always get 2 other random units).

@Motendra Look, we on team Elise were rooting for your redhead all the way, so we could have a fair Troubadour to Troubadour showdown. We fought a fair fight, so lets not bother to much about who won. You might have a bad impression on us Nohrians, but we team Elise supporters are actually very nice people who would gladly welcome you in our ranks. With your help, we can make Elise grow in power in Nohr, allowing her to change the country for the better, and wouldn't that be way better then defeating us in battle?

Lets forget things like grudges and fight toghether to change this world for the better!

Also, Elise is a very powerful mage (more attack then Nino and pretty decent speed), so she's even good as a unit.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Go for it if you really want it! Freddy is the second best dagger user in the game after Kagero too. And he's not behind her by much. So when you need a good dagger wielder, he'll be there too. If you pull him. Gaius is in the same color though, so you might end up with him instead. I hope not. :P

Freddy is a good dagger user, sure, but with SI Saizo can do most thing he can do better...

So Corrin actually looks legitimately pretty as fuck and actually decently modest in her swimsuit...until they decide to take that up a notch and rip her swimsuit off.

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Freddy is a good dagger user, sure, but with SI Saizo can do most thing he can do better...

Freddy has higher attack and can debuff every stat though, and from videos I've looked at, other people seem to think that only Kagero surpasses him. I also don't think Freddy needs as much SI as Saizo. Seashell+ and Seal Atk/Spd 2 are amazing. Freddy would be great with Kagero's Poison Dagger too, if someone can spare one of her for him.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy has higher attack and can debuff every stat though, and from videos I've looked at, other people seem to think that only Kagero surpasses him.

But Saizo has more Speed. If he doubles, he'll do more damage then Freddy, and Saizo's dagger can debuff an area instead of just one unit. Besides, having a good starter skill set doesn't make you a good unit.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

But Saizo has more Speed. If he doubles, he'll do more damage then Freddy, and Saizo's dagger can debuff an area instead of just one unit. Besides, having a good starter skill set doesn't make you a good unit.

Freddy will do more damage if he doubles too, and +Spd Frederick can probably hit 40 or more speed with buffs. And that's not accounting for attack buffs he might get as well.

And yes it does. Why do you think people like Ike are considered to be so good?

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele Depends.

Personally I think the order goes Kagero --> Gaius --> Saizo --> Frederick --> Everyone else for best Poison Dagger usage.

Saizo trades 3 Atk for 3 Spd which is a pretty big deal, and he can more safely apply his AOE debuffs when using Windsweep with his higher Spd should you choose to keep his Smoke Dagger.

With Seashell, Frederick is 1 Spd behind Saizo for just one turn, then he becomes less effective at Windsweeping. Debuffing offensive stats makes less of a difference compared to debuffing defenses so taking out Seal Atk / Spd in favor of Windsweep to avoid counters makes Saizo a much safer bet.

Um, Ike has Distant Counter, raw bases, and a default kit that takes advantage of his strengths. The two aren't comparable in the slighest.

Edited by MrSmokestack

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Freddy has higher attack and can debuff every stat though, and from videos I've looked at, other people seem to think that only Kagero surpasses him.

I was actually discussing that with a friend, earlier. Saizo has got to be the best offensive dagger user. He's by far the tankiest (followed by Matthew, then Frederick) but also combines well with solid Spd (+Spd with Fury doubles about 90% of the cast). Kagero isn't amazing beyond her use of Poison Dagger plus. She's on the slower side and made out of paper. The fact that she has it at base is the only thing she really has going for her.

I'm really curious about Beach Frederick lately, so I've also delved a little into that. He's not amazing, but he should do his job just about right (actually better than the rest, at debuffing).

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

I was actually discussing that with a friend, earlier. Saizo has got to be the best offensive dagger user. He's by far the tankiest (followed by Matthew, then Frederick) but also combines well with solid Spd (+Spd with Fury doubles about 90% of the cast). Kagero isn't amazing beyond her use of Poison Dagger plus. She's on the slower side and made out of paper. The fact that she has it at base is the only thing she really has going for her.

I'm really curious about Beach Frederick lately, so I've also delved a little into that. He's not amazing, but he should do his job just about right (actually better than the rest, at debuffing).

Kagero with Poison Dagger kills a lot of units though. How is Saizo better than that? Not to mention I see a lot of people using and praising Kagero.

Summer Freddy is pretty amazing as a unit though. Not the best in the game or anything, but amazing for a dagger user, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Kagero with Poison Dagger kills a lot of units though. How is Saizo better than that? Not to mention I see a lot of people using and praising Kagero.

+Spd Fury Saizo has the best stats all-around minus Res (but fuck that's why you give him Vantage anyway). Fury Saizo is actually ridiculously tanky at 36 Def, and actually makes good use of Bonfire like that.

Just now, Soul~! said:

+Spd Fury Saizo has the best stats all-around minus Res (but fuck that's why you give him Vantage anyway). Fury Saizo is actually ridiculously tanky at 36 Def, and actually makes good use of Bonfire like that.

Sorry, but most of what I see and hear says Kagero is the best dagger wielder, followed by Summer Frederick. I'm sticking with that.

Sorry, but most of what I see and hear says Kagero is the best dagger wielder, followed by Summer Frederick. I'm sticking with that.

Well, but is this coming from your opinion or just a couple of other people on the Internet without any sustain behind it? I don't mind if it's your actual opinion based on something (besides that).

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

LaD +Atk Kagero would like to have a word with you.

Saizo is very well-balanced though, maybe almost too balanced.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Well, but is this coming from your opinion or just a couple of other people on the Internet without any sustain behind it? I don't mind if it's your actual opinion based on something (besides that).

Some Youtube videos that evaluated Summer Frederick (I watched them for some pointers), some SFers' knowledge, the fact that Kagero gives me a harder time than any other dagger wielder, etc. It's not a lot to go on, but it's what I have since I've never pulled Kagero.

Well, whatever the case though, Freddy will always be my go to dagger wielder, simply because he's <3.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

LaD +Atk Kagero would like to have a word with you.

Saizo is very well-balanced though, maybe almost too balanced.

Guess that makes sense.

You know what's the said part? Most dagger users with LD3 are barely approaching her neutral Atk. I don't think Saizo suffers from "too balanced", and I'll prove it at some point.

Well, whatever the case though, Freddy will always be my go to dagger wielder, simply because he's <3.

I kind of want a Frederick now...

Some Youtube videos that evaluated Summer Frederick (I watched them for some pointers), some SFers' knowledge, the fact that Kagero gives me a harder time than any other dagger wielder, etc. It's not a lot to go on, but it's what I have since I've never pulled Kagero.

The easiest thing you can do is simply run some sets on a matchup calculator. "Because somebody else said it" doesn't have very much weight to it at all.

Numbers don't lie.

Spoiler

Fury

LaD

Smoke Dagger+

Poison Dagger+

Seashell+

Windsweep 3

Phantom Spd

Stat overrides are very useful for checking the effects of debuffs on the entire cast at the same time. In addition, you can add passives for overrides like Fury.

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

I kind of want a Frederick now...

You still have time to try for him! :P

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The easiest thing you can do is simply run some sets on a matchup calculator. "Because somebody else said it" doesn't have very much weight to it at all.

Numbers don't lie.

Eh, well, still seems that he's one of the best/better dagger wielders. So you can't go wrong with him anyway.