Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

I know about that skill!

And she's not racist! She gets along with some Nohrian people!

Her being racist is good actually for Birthright, as it gives her +3 Atk in most story chapters. Rev. on the other hand, it's useful for about a third of the main game, but then becomes totally useless.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What's wrong with Sanaki?

Nice screenshot and quote selection! You left unmentioned that Nino was the original target of that line, but who cares about Nino?

I jest.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

We had close matches before, like Chrom vs Ephraim.  Then everyone thought Lissa would win, but Priscilla ended up winning that match.  Now the multiplier does prevent the clear favorite from winning, it just screws over close matches.

Chrom and Ephraim were the only one pre-multiplier. ALL the others were boring curbstomps.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Tellius is popular among the FE fans in general though. And it not selling well hasn't stopped Ike or Micaiah from being popular. Or Mia. Or Nephenee.

Eh, not really. And this is coming from someone who's a huge Tellius fan, as you know. We're very niche in comparison to fans of Elibe, Fates and Awakening (we're kinda in the same boat as Magvel fans). I know tons of FE fans who have never touched Tellius and know nothing about the characters except for Ike and maybe Soren. Maybe.

We're not a huge fanbase, not in comparison to Elibe, Ylisse and Fates stuff. I mean, even Archanea is far, far more popular in Japan than Tellius is.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Chrom and Ephraim were the only one pre-multiplier. ALL the others were boring curbstomps.

Lissa vs Priscilla would have been close without it.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Lissa vs Priscilla would have been close without it.

That's still only two out of a whole bunch of matchups. Boring...

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Eh, not really. And this is coming from someone who's a huge Tellius fan, as you know. We're very niche in comparison to fans of Elibe, Fates and Awakening (we're kinda in the same boat as Magvel fans). I know tons of FE fans who have never touched Tellius and know nothing about the characters except for Ike and maybe Soren. Maybe.

We're not a huge fanbase, not in comparison to Elibe, Ylisse and Fates stuff. I mean, even Archanea is far, far more popular in Japan than Tellius is.

Nope. We're actually not a niche at all. Tellius didn't sell well, but that doesn't mean it wasn't liked by those who did play it. It generally was. It got good reviews overall. I'm aware Archanea is more popular in Japan, but Tellius is more popular out west. More popular than Elibe too, perhaps, though I can't say for sure on that one.

And of course, Awakening and Fates are more popular everywhere, they sold a lot more and therefore were played by many more people.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope. We're actually not a niche at all. Tellius didn't sell well, but that doesn't mean it wasn't liked by those who did play it. It generally was. It got good reviews overall. I'm aware Archanea is more popular in Japan, but Tellius is more popular out west. More popular than Elibe too, perhaps, though I can't say for sure on that one.

And of course, Awakening and Fates are more popular everywhere, they sold a lot more and therefore were played by many more people.

Are you...not getting my point or just ignoring it? I'm not saying that the Tellius games aren't liked by anyone. I'm saying, in comparison to the other FE worlds, Tellius is unpopular and more niche. Just look up some statistics. Tellius got many, many less votes than Archanea, Fates, Awakening and Elibe in the Heroes polls, simply because a good portion of the fanbase has never played the games or has no interest in them.

I'm not denying Tellius is more popular in the west than it is in Japan, and that Archanea is far more popular in Japan than it is here, but compared to Elibe and other FE world numbers as a whole, it can't really compete. I'm not sure if it's more popular than Magvel, because their fanbase is a somewhat niche as well.

Tellius more popular than Elibe here? I... I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to stop you right there. That's just blatantly not true. Trust me, I love Tellius with a passion, but I'm not willfully blind. There are not only plenty of people on this forum who've never touched a Tellius game, but go to any community where FE fans congregate, and you'll get more "Tellius? Uh, well I know about Ike from Smash and Heroes...." than you'll get people who don't know/haven't heard of Elibe.

in comparison to the other FE worlds, Tellius is unpopular and more niche.

And I'm saying I disagree, I'm not ignoring you. :/

Tellius more popular than Elibe here? I... I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to stop you right there. That's just blatantly not true. Trust me, I love Tellius with a passion, but I'm not willfully blind.

I'm not willfully blind either. I didn't say Tellius definitely WAS more popular, I said it COULD be. But I don't know for sure. That is all.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I just faced an enemy masked Lucina that had a silver sword instead of Falchion. This isn't long after I happened upon the Ruby Sword Ike. And I remember others saying they encountered stuff like Xander with something besides Siegfried. What's up with all this? xP

Just a few young innovative minds trying to shake up the meta

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

And I'm saying I disagree, I'm not ignoring you. :/

Stats aren't really something you can "disagree" with though. I mean, I didn't say "I think purple is the best color." I'm stating stuff that is evident with a simple search of the internet and/or asking people knowledgeable about the FE J!Fandom like I have..

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not willfully blind either. I didn't say Tellius definitely WAS more popular, I said it COULD be. But I don't know for sure. That is all.

A quick search of the internet could answer that question for you. You have to be deliberately trying to avoid it not to realize that Elibe is more popular... But I'm not gonna derail this thread talking about this. If you want to keep that point of view, you're free to do so.

Can anyone do calculations to see if Team Robin can get a multiplier still?

My mind says no, but I want confirmation.

Robin- 9,442,173,210

Corrin- 9,508,157,786

Whelp, if there's one thing I gotta hand to this gauntlet, it's that I haven't felt this tense since Chrom vs. Ephraim in the first gauntlet.

The main difference is that this kind of tension is not the good kind of tension.

Honestly I was mostly in this gauntlet for the feathers, but if Gaius beats Leo, I will join the victor of Corrin vs. Robin just so I can curbstomp him.

inb4 Gaius actually manages to win the gauntlet somehow.

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

So I did read this "board", and I have questions:

- What the hell is "close", in this scenario? A million points away? Two? We're fealing with big numbers, so that begs that specification.

- How do you manage flags? You just rely on that time bonus?

18 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Whelp, if there's one thing I gotta hand to this gauntlet, it's that I haven't felt this tense since Chrom vs. Ephraim in the first gauntlet.

The main difference is that this kind of tension is not the good kind of tension.

Honestly I was mostly in this gauntlet for the feathers, but if Gaius beats Leo, I will join the victor of Corrin vs. Robin just so I can curbstomp him.

inb4 Gaius actually manages to win the gauntlet somehow.

This is artificial tension.  If my opponent smashes my knee in with a hammer, I'll run the bases slower, but it doesn't mean the game is fair.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

So I did read this "board", and I have questions:

- What the hell is "close", in this scenario? A million points away? Two? We're fealing with big numbers, so that begs that specification.

- How do you manage flags? You just rely on that time bonus?

If one has less than 90% the votes that the other has.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If one has less than 90% the votes that the other has.

But the game mentions the bonus, right? Take it this isn't the same as the "30 minutes remaining" one?

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

But the game mentions the bonus, right? Take it this isn't the same as the "30 minutes remaining" one?

It will tell you if you have the bonus and how much of a bonus it is.  It will also say Stronger/Weaker or Same/Same, if there's no bonus.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

This Gauntlet is just making me depress, I can't believe Corrin is more popular than Robin. How on earth did that even happen?

Someone else said this, but I think it's more of a case that male Robin is popular, and female Corrin is popular. Their opposite genders don't fare nearly as well in general.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

This Gauntlet is just making me depress, I can't believe Corrin is more popular than Robin. How on earth did that even happen?

We all know if you dislike Corrin, it's just because you're possessed by a slime monster.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

How do you manage flags? You just rely on that time bonus?

I spend 200 only on bonus and save the rest for final round 

Gives the most efficient way to rank while having flags leftover for the underdog to get a last push at the end!

36 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It kinda already happened in CYL though. F!Corrin did place the highest (9th, 19,599 votes) between herself, her male counterpart and both Robins Kris is excluded since no one likes them anyways. Even if you combine the totals for both Robins and both Corrins, Corrin still comes out ahead with 27,290 votes to Robin's 24,536 votes. This really isn't that big a shocker especially with how damn beautiful Corrin's art is. Seriosuly, her art is now my favorite in the game no question.

Edited by Tybrosion

33 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also it's partly the fact Corrin is a flying mage (dragon on dragon) making her more unique than Robin who is 'just' another lancer

There is also fact that this particular version Corrin is much cuter thatn this particular version of Robin.