Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

To be fair, I actually quite like Camilla, and her "assets" are a pretty minor reason... I'd like to think, anyway.

Sawashiro Miyuki's voice is what wins Camilla for me hands down.

That also applies to Robin (F), but Summer Robin didn't like me so I'm currently holding a grudge.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Rezzy This mostly.

I'm on Corrin's side because

1. Dragon
  2. Dragon riding a dragon
  3. Dragon riding a dragon summoning fish
  4. Red eyes, silver hair (well, silver enough)
  5. Boobs (even if they are shaped really weirdly in her idle art)

If you like Corrin, all for you, and congrats on your likely win.  Corrin's okay.  I never really minded her/him as much as some.

5 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Well, no, they are a necessary organ of sorts, but it is wrong when you support a character just because she has them.

To be fair, all the girls except Elise had boobs, so Corrin's not the only one with the mammaries.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

I really just don't understand this.  Just because she has boobs she's popular? That's certainly not the case in real life.  Where's my popularity if so?

I second this. Having boobs does not make a person who they are and having them doesn't instantly make that person fan service.

I can't speak for you, but Corrin's look pretty average to me.  Mine might even be bigger to be honest, though my 31 year old body isn't as good as it used to be.  Any time you have swimsuits, you're going to have boobs, just like you'll have muscles on the guys.

27 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Anacybele, it's not so much that Corrin is written okay in one path, but that male and female Corrin are literally THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER and design alone shouldn't justify one gender being so much more popular when they're the same shitty character.

Yeah, I get that. I don't think people should like one gender more than the other due to personality when they're they exact same character in that sense. And I don't think one should be so much more popular simply because of design either. But the sad thing is that this seems to be the case.

And Robin didn't get the multiplier again. I was so sure she would. Ugh.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

To be fair, I actually quite like Camilla, and her "assets" are a pretty minor reason... I'd like to think, anyway.

I sympathize with Camilla. I can see that how her character is portrayed has to do with how she was brought up, and how it affected her. 

6 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

It's probably a combination of having boobs and being a "self-insert" (I use that term very loosely, as despite being called an avatar Corrin is anything but). She pulls the waifu crowd as well as the ladies who ship themselves with Fates characters through her.

Well said. 

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Boobs are overrated. Personality is all that counts.

Thank you for not being an idiot and likely understanding that there is more to life than simply physical appearances. I would give you a cookie but alas, this is the internet, and one cannot simply hand over such a thing over the networks.

10 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I really just don't understand this.  Just because she has boobs she's popular? That's certainly not the case in real life.  Where's my popularity if so?

I think its because people can stare at the character on the screen without being called a pervert or so.

13 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Imagine liking a character for their boobs alone.

oh wait

*sight* How did this Fire Emblem even become this?

Wait, how did we even get on this topic?

8 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

It's probably a combination of having boobs and being a "self-insert" (I use that term very loosely, as despite being called an avatar Corrin is anything but). She pulls the waifu crowd as well as the ladies who ship themselves with Fates characters through her.

I read something like that as well. Female Corrin is more popular than male Corrin because girls who play Fates tend to like her as a "role model" of sorts, while guys like her because they find her attractive or so.

15 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

That's actually a justification for liking Camilla that I can accept. I would probably have not disliked her if they toned down her fanservice and incestous undertones and focused more on her adoptive mom part of her personality.

The whole "I'm joining Nohr for boobs" thing in the fandom when fates was first announced was really annoying. Like, how can people be so shallow?

Edited by Korath88

11 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I sympathize with Camilla. I can see that how her character is portrayed has to do with how she was brought up, and how it affected her. 

Well said. 

That the main reason that I have at least a mildly favorable opinion of Camilla.  I know how it feels to want to be a motherly figure to make up for one's own rocky relationship with one's mother.

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I agree

That was the only post I read on this page

That's all you need to know.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That also applies to Robin (F), but Summer Robin didn't like me so I'm currently holding a grudge.

I take it that's the Japanese VA. I quite liked the English one and thought that while it emphasised her certain... appeals, it fit her pretty well... mostly.

As for Robin, I mean... Well, that's fair. I can understand that. That's pretty much me with Spring Camilla, too.

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

Right? I feel like her character is all there. It's just that there are other more obvious aspects that people focus on, unfortunately yet understandably.

.........Huh? Oh, sorry. I suppose I'm still too despondent to add anything meaningful to this discussion. All I have to say is that people care WAY too much about the character and story elements of freaking video games. That's just me though.

Edited by Tybrosion

Just now, Tybrosion said:

.........Huh? Oh, sorry. I suppose I'm still too despondent to add anything meaning to this discussion. All I have to say is that people care WAY too much about the character and story elements of freaking video games. That's just me though.

I stopped caring about story in games and other forms of media after I realized that I never remember the plot for anything anyway. I just Wikipedia them after I'm done

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She's the perfect VA for her, and Camilla's english voice just can't compare to her.

Also I guess Gaius is a bit better (and more consistent?) character-wise than Corrin. He does have a bit of a past (Maribelle support is goo), even though it does get VERY overshadowed by the whole candy thing. He also gives nicknames to characters which is pretty fun, but yeah just feels a bit strange for him to beat a more main character like Leo.

No character hate, just looking at different perspectives here.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Reality does not always mirror the fandom, especially since there are so many things people would say on the Internet that they'd never dream of saying IRL. That said, there are certainly cases IRL where a man and a woman commit a crime of equal severity or worked together on the same crime, and yet people want to show more sympathy towards the woman or it's treated as less of a bad thing if a woman does it. So, like, the attitude is there.

I was totally teasing but I understand what you are getting at. People on the internet are much bolder. Females tend to get a lot of sympathy when it comes to certain things. 

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I can't speak for you, but Corrin's look pretty average to me.  Mine might even be bigger to be honest, though my 31 year old body isn't as good as it used to be.  Any time you have swimsuits, you're going to have boobs, just like you'll have muscles on the guys.

She honestly looks average size to me too. Regards of your size bathing suits are form fitting and are going to show somethings off.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I think its because people can stare at the character on the screen without being called a pervert or so.

Lol twas merely a jest. Some people in real life do that too but that doesn't make the one they are staring at more popular.  Just usually more uncomfortable. Lol

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To be fair, all the girls except Elise had boobs, so Corrin's not the only one with the mammaries.

And Elise disappointingly lost in the first round. It just goes to show, I guess, or something. Frankly, I'm starting to forget what we were talking about in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I would probably have not disliked her if they toned down her fanservice and incestous undertones and focused more on her adoptive mom part of her personality.

Same. Camilla's personality was... decent... but my main problem was how her appearance conflicted with her character. She's supposed to act as Corrin's mother figure but her outfit makes her look like Corrin's token wife, if I'm using the phrase correctly.

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

That's actually a justification for liking Camilla that I can accept. I would probably have not disliked her if they toned down her fanservice and incestous undertones and focused more on her adoptive mom part of her personality.

I get that. Personally, fanservice has rarely been an issue for me, unless it's so unironically over the top that it's off-putting. As much as Camilla does pander to male fans, I feel like her supports and interactions with other characters really made her far, far more than the piece of fanservice she was presented to be.

So, this is the part where I join Team Gaius because 'underdog is good for rankings' and 'you've never joined the winning team'.

But... DRAGONS!

Seriously, with Corrins' lesser multipliers, if any, and my leftover 600 flags I strategically kept, I'm sure I can nab a decent Corrin ranking as well as the 500 feathers. When all else is equal, I always go for the girl.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

.........Huh? Oh, sorry. I suppose I'm still too despondent to add anything meaningful to this discussion. All I have to say is that people care WAY too much about the character and story elements of freaking video games. That's just me though.

It's more the feeling cheated than the actual loss for me.  I've lost just about every Gauntlet so far, and this is the first time that it has really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm salty that Leo is going to lose due to a poorly timed multipler. But there was nothing I could have done to prevent this. Ah well, congrats to those on team Gauis. I will now join your cause since I do own a copy of him (-spd why....). I look forward to multipler galore 

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A man of culture. 

Wow, I've been gone from the forums for weeks, and the first thing I come back to is boobs, huh? Classic.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's more the feeling cheated than the actual loss for me.  I've lost just about every Gauntlet so far, and this is the first time that it has really rubbed me the wrong way.

Ditto. Your poor little Leo must be upset with the turn of events. I shall sacrifice some noodles in his name (I don't have any protein on me I'm sorry). 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

A man of culture. 

Wow, I've been gone from the forums for weeks, and the first thing I come back to is boobs, huh? Classic.

Well to be fair. It is the Voting Gauntlet: Summer Swimsuits edition.

Hmmm yeah as disappointing as Leo losing again it will be, Gaius will probably get the rankings. I would think most people in Gaius have used their flags every chance they can get?