Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Boobs are great tho

Fanservice is not

Boobs are fine, and fanservice is fine. 

The problem is when the fanservice dominates the rest of a game and becomes the focus rather than a bonus on the side. Likewise, boobs are great, but it does seem silly to like a character simply because of their boobs (or their appearance in general). 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also I guess Gaius is a bit better (and more consistent?) character-wise than Corrin. He does have a bit of a past (Maribelle support is goo), even though it does get VERY overshadowed by the whole candy thing. He also gives nicknames to characters which is pretty fun, but yeah just feels a bit strange for him to beat a more main character like Leo.

I don't recall much of Awakening's cast, but I thought the Chrom support was decent. I loathed Gaius from a gameplay perspective because Swords are awful in Awakening and Anna does Gaius's utility job and more with zero babying. Gaius's recruitment is also just plain annoying since he keeps me from steamrolling the west right away. But gameplay in the base games is neither here nor there, otherwise Frederick would have won vs. Gaius and it'd be Robin vs. Xander (maybe Frederick) for the final match with Robin winning it all.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

If they put another Nohrian character in it, I'm going to flip a table

If you were really angry, you'd punch something really hard instead.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A man of culture. 

Wow, I've been gone from the forums for weeks, and the first thing I come back to is boobs, huh? Classic.

You get used to it.  I wake up to boobs every day.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Ditto. Your poor little Leo must be upset with the turn of events. I shall sacrifice some noodles in his name (I don't have any protein on me I'm sorry). 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

The only time I'll be upset about a gauntlet is if a Whitewing loses a match. I was sad when Palla nee-sama lost to the Commander :(

I can't wait for Est to be featured.

5 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I leave for a little while when Leo was in the lead, now I return and Candy Monster is beating us? I really hate that shitty multiplier function.

#kindaobviouslysalty

You and me both

4 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Alright, back on topic, I have 1200 flags left over for the final round. Time to hop aboard the losing team and let Corrin propel my score to the millions.

If we had lost to Gaius fairly, I would have no problem joining him.  Heck, in the Cleric Gauntlet, I did just that multiple times, but the loss just makes me feel cheated and I want to see Gaius lose, now.

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, he is a thief, after all. Stealing is his job :P

Just as he's doing his job being an annoying thief, I'm doing my job being a disgruntled victim.

That said, I suppose I should say congrats to those on Team Gaius. I'm jumping ship to Corrin.

Wow, so much Corrin hatin'.  :o:

I actually really like Corrin and don't think he/she is a terrible character.  Robin was kinda meh to me, haha.  As for Camillia, I didn't like her at all.  

Seems that my opinion is a rare one on these forums.  :unsure:  I don't enjoy debating, so I'll leave it at that.

---

Sorry to see that Leo lost to Gaius!  We'll wipe the floor with him in the final round. :B):

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I have a +Atk Est at 3*. I probably won't raise her up until I get Brave Lance fodder though

Were you the one who hated Est, or am I thinking of someone else?

I hate Est because of how she treats Abel. And I like Abel. Though at the same time, I think Abel is an idiot for still being into her and looking for her even after she treated him like garbage. An he never could say WHY he loved Est? That made no sense to me.

Edited by Anacybele

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

.........Huh? Oh, sorry. I suppose I'm still too despondent to add anything meaningful to this discussion. All I have to say is that people care WAY too much about the character and story elements of freaking video games. That's just me though.

Me right now.

If I wanted to get some story I might as well would have read a book honestly.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Were you the one who hated Est, or am I thinking of someone else?

I think that was the robot Oboro!

So Est gauntlet: motto is "But.. Dragons!"

@Interdimensional Observer He's a good foil to the royals (Chrom) and nobles (Maribelle) and shows how being a thief isn't exactly black-and-white bad. His best supports (like many) are when his quirk isn't the focus. But yeah he just feels too secondary and is just 'decent' (also I prefer Lon'qu as my sword user in that game anyway)

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's more the feeling cheated than the actual loss for me.  I've lost just about every Gauntlet so far, and this is the first time that it has really rubbed me the wrong way.

Eh, I think the reason I'm not feeling any bitterness right now is because I spent the majority of the last two gauntlets being salty over the multiplier's mere existence that I have no more salt to spare at this point. Believe me I would've been pissed if Elise lost in the last gauntlet "thanks" to the multiplier. Here, I knew Leo wasn't going to be the juggernaut of this gauntlet so I'm not particularly upset that he got screwed. If he didn't lose here, he would just go on and get royally embarrassed by Corrin in the finals.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

You and me both

What is better- a sport like baseball and American football where blowouts can happen? Or ones like basketball and soccer/international football where scores remain consistently high or consistently low on both sides, maintaining tension to the very end?

I guess multipliers try to maintain the excitement of the latter sports, but because it attempts to replicate the natural artificially, it fails in its goal.

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Boobs are fine, and fanservice is fine. 

The problem is when the fanservice dominates the rest of a game and becomes the focus rather than a bonus on the side. Likewise, boobs are great, but it does seem silly to like a character simply because of their boobs (or their appearance in general). 

I have thought about making a thread delving into the topic of sexualized character designs in Fire Emblem and the repercussions of those design choices. I suppose with a nudge, I'd just go ahead and do it.

20 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I take it that's the Japanese VA. I quite liked the English one and thought that while it emphasised her certain... appeals, it fit her pretty well... mostly.

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

She's the perfect VA for her, and Camilla's english voice just can't compare to her.

Camilla's Japanese voice sounds

• Convincing for her age
  • Soft, doting, and fluffy, like clouds
  • Sultry and alluring
  • Like she wants Corrin to sit down and let her brush her hair forever and ever, among other things

She sounds like the overly doting older sister she's supposed to be while also fitting her appearance as a titty monster.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

• Convincing for her age
  • Sultry and alluring
  • Like she wants Corrin to sit down and let her brush her hair forever and ever, among other things

She sounds like the overly doting older sister she's supposed to be while also fitting her appearance as a titty monster.

I just like anything her Japanese VA voices. She's so good at what she does, it oozes the right amount of appeal without trying to hard. (Her special quotes are perfect)

Edited by mcsilas

11 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Sorry Book Bro but I just saw this on the first page and laughed.

Oh I haven't forgotten that, never shall I doubt the cheapness power of the multiplier again...

I don't really know who to go with next round either... I don't like Corrin, and I liked Gaius more before Asugi happened and IS started giving him off putting official art. I like Fates more than Awakening so maybe I'll go over to Corrin... 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I think the reason I'm not feeling any bitterness right now is because I spent the majority of the last two gauntlets being salty over the multiplier's mere existence that I have no more salt to spare at this point. Believe me I would've been pissed if Elise lost in the last gauntlet "thanks" to the multiplier. Here, I knew Leo wasn't going to be the juggernaut of this gauntlet so I'm not particularly upset that he got screwed. If he didn't lose here, he would just go on and get royally embarrassed by Corrin in the finals.

I knew this was going to happen eventually, and stated as such several times back when it was introduced.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What is better- a sport like baseball and American football where blowouts can happen? Or ones like basketball and soccer/international football where scores remain consistently high or consistently low on both sides, maintaining tension to the very end?

I guess multipliers try to maintain the excitement of the latter sports, but because it attempts to replicate the natural artificially, it fails in its goal.

Baseball is the best.  Football is the sport I like second best as a distant second.  Basketball and Soccer are close naturally and not due to an artificial rule added to keep it close.

The multiplier would be like letting the other team start using aluminum bats after the first inning if one team scores 4 runs in the first.  Sure, it might make it more interesting, but it punishes one team simply for doing well.  As a rule, you should never being trying to not do well.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

• Convincing for her age
  • Sultry and alluring

Isn't Camilla like early 20s?  Her voice doesn't seem too out of place.  Unlike Hector and Jaffar, who are supposed to be teenagers.

Not too mention Eliwood and Hector look way older than 37 in FE6.  I hope I look better than that in 6 years.

It seems I can never get too invested into the last match of these things. My favorites are always knocked out by then and I'm usually not up to playing by then. I thought this would be different but since Leo is gone, I guess not. We put up a good fight guys.

5 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

It seems I can never get too invested into the last match of these things. My favorites are always knocked out by then and I'm usually not up to playing by then. I thought this would be different but since Leo is gone, I guess not. We put up a good fight guys.

Hopefully next Gauntlet does away with the multiplier or really reworks the whole thing.  I hope my current score holds up for overall rank, since I don't think I'll be seeing a single multiplier once I join Team Corrin.

I'll be keeping Bridelia as my lead for now.  If anybody on Team Corrin wants someone else, just let me know.

EDIT: I got Rank 420 for Leo, yay me.

Edited by Rezzy