Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 hours ago, Gustavos said:

I'm thinking those quest orbs are meant more as a substitute for normal daily orbs. Since daily orbs shut off the day the Gauntlet began. Furthermore, the daily orbs will be back the day after the Gauntlet ends. Well, the first part of the six month celebration bonus will. Regular daily orbs will resume Aug 10-25th.

Post-gauntlet orbs were a substitute as well. I remember lots of people complaining about it on other boards, that there's always a break in the daily orbs on the calendar near a gauntlet.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have 1800 flags left to spend. I'm purposely holding myself back on dumping all the flags on the earlier multipliers, since Gaius is guaranteed to get them through the round and the bigger ones are worth more points.

This gauntlet was awful to begin with anyway.

5 hours ago, Oboro! said:

Gaius is still getting multipliers 

The multipliers that come later are better anyway :p

You get better multipliers later anyway so you really don't even need "all"

you just need to be there for the SUPER high ones!

What's annoying is every gauntlet since the mage gauntlet I've picked the underdog because people say the feathers are better and every time all the mutltpliers are while I'm sleeping so I'm getting either 1.7k or 1.3k, the first time I've picked the winner intentionally for the extra feathers, the underdog literally has multipliers the ENTIRE time.

3100 + 1600 + 500 vs 3500 + 3000. A 1300k difference in feathers if I play perfectly. Eh, no regrets then. Going to stick with the winner now unless favorites are involved. Trying to keep up with multipliers during stupid hours is inferior to free 500 feathers 3 times.

25 minutes ago, Raven said:

You know what woupd be a pretty effective workaround?

If people weren't locked to a single army until they win or are KO'd.

Like, if you are satisfied with the lead your favourite waifu has againt an opponent, you can back up and spend flags on another part of the tournament. This would give people a chance to catch multipliers no matter what time they log in. Of course they would still be locked to fighting no more than once every 30 mins, and their rank in a particular army will waver should they keep jumping ship.

Or they could just...remove multipliers so the VG is actually cool again.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

YS!Robin is a plain old melee unit while NS!Corrin is a flying mage. If they were both their normal versions, maybe it would have reflected their popularity better.

I don't think gameplay reason would have help her that much.

36 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Or they could just...remove multipliers so the VG is actually cool again.

I agree 110% with this. I wasn't feeling the salt yesterday, but oh boy has it returned to me now. I already hated that damn thing before but now it went and made it personal by screwing over my man Leo. For that, it needs to straight up die, screw the consequences. Leo demands vengeance! And no, watching candy man get crushed like one of his lollipops isn't good enough. No one else should ever have to suffer Leo's sad fate, not even characters that I loathe.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I agree 110% with this. I wasn't feeling the salt yesterday, but oh boy has it returned to me now. I already hated that damn thing before but now it went and made it personal by screwing over my man Leo. For that, it needs to straight up die, screw the consequences. Leo demands vengeance! And no, watching candy man get crushed like one of his lollipops isn't good enough. No one else should ever have to suffer Leo's sad fate, not even characters that I loathe.

This is the first time where I see an upset actually working... unfortunely was against poor Leo that has already a big losing streak xD

I'm sorry, random Team Gaius person, I'm trying real hard not to judge. I really am.

Spoiler

VWS94it.png

Rezzy's Bridelia put her other self out of her misery.

28 minutes ago, Troykv said:

This is the first time where I see an upset actually working... unfortunely was against poor Leo that has already a big losing streak xD

Kick a man while he's down, will you? You don't need to remind me that my boy is not nearly popular enough to actually win a gauntlet...

2 hours ago, Raven said:

You know what woupd be a pretty effective workaround?

If people weren't locked to a single army until they win or are KO'd.

Like, if you are satisfied with the lead your favourite waifu has againt an opponent, you can back up and spend flags on another part of the tournament. This would give people a chance to catch multipliers no matter what time they log in. Of course they would still be locked to fighting no more than once every 30 mins, and their rank in a particular army will waver should they keep jumping ship.

I actually think that would be pretty interesting. It adds extra layers of strategy vs. just doing the same thing over and over again. You would have to figure out a couple more details though. Like does the winner's bonus go away since you can support more than one? Or is it turned into a one time prediction you placed like a Bet. Also, what happens if it's now one v one. Do you still get to vote for both sides or are you locked with one character?

Sounds interesting enough to try out, but it definitely deviates far enough from the original concept that I don't think that they would implement it anytime soon. 

18 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Doesn't look like Gaius is running an advantage against Corrin anytime soon.

Still waiting to put in 200 flags.

Team Gaius is physically incapable of actually taking the lead except possibly near the end. It's likely most players on Team Gaius are waiting for the last 12 hours or so to start cashing in on their flags, so chances are it's going to be pretty quiet until then.

I'm pretty much locked in to rank 30k at this point. All the Gaius multipliers would have put me in the top 1k for quite a few more feathers but I can't care. Every single solitary time I pick the underdog I get multipliers during hours you would either be sleep or at work so I miss the boat and rank low and the literal only time out of two gauntlets (so 6 rounds total?) that I pick the winner there's just multipliers all day long for the underdog. The level of annoyance is unparalleled. But basically this is just telling me this is an average.

If you're busy and you don't know how the hours are going to be for the multipliers but you know who's going to win you can just go with them for the guaranteed 1500 feathers from 3 rounds. Assuming none of my favorites are in the next gauntlet, I'm just going to pick the winner. Don't know about some people, but I need to sleep and 6 AM multipliers are lolno.

I'm just utterly demotivated to support Corrin at this point. I really thought Leo could win this, but then all of a sudden I wake up and find out that Gaius beat Leo even though we were beating his ass for most of the duration of the battle. Anyways I'm on team Corrin now, sigh... with a +Spd/-Def Nino(+1) (Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3) if anyone needs. (ID:4089563989; Name: Logos) Sigh RIP tomato god.

Edited by Logos

26 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Back to pouring 5p per session. :awesome:

No. You want to spend the most flags possible when you do actually spend flags. Since just doing the 1x option is technically free you want to use your actual flags as few times as possible. With 4530 flags through 3 rounds you want to do 200 flags 22 times, 100 flags once and 10 flags 3 times. That is the optimum way to use flags. Never touch the 5x or 50x options ever.

45 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

No. You want to spend the most flags possible when you do actually spend flags. Since just doing the 1x option is technically free you want to use your actual flags as few times as possible. With 4530 flags through 3 rounds you want to do 200 flags 22 times, 100 flags once and 10 flags 3 times. That is the optimum way to use flags. Never touch the 5x or 50x options ever.

But they tell me to only spend when there's a timer bonus. ),x

1 hour ago, Logos said:

I'm just utterly demotivated to support Corrin at this point. I really thought Leo could win this, but then all of a sudden I wake up and find out that Gaius beat Leo even though we were beating his ass for most of the duration of the battle. Anyways I'm on team Corrin now, sigh... with a +Spd/-Def Nino(+1) (Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3) if anyone needs. (ID:4089563989; Name: Logos) Sigh RIP tomato god.

Gaius only won because he had low enough support to keep getting the multiplier, but not enough to overshoot and give us the multiplier.

I've gotten some guy named Kiran's TA Ephraim about 10 times today.  If I was running anything but a Blue myself, that would be great, but SCorrin can take out Reds on her own, and it makes it pretty easy to get walled by Greens.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've already said why that doesn't work.

It worked before.  There was nothing wrong with the VG.    And it seems like well over 3/4 of the community feels the same way.  

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Gaius only won because he had low enough support to keep getting the multiplier, but not enough to overshoot and give us the multiplier.

They should seriously change it form Voting Gauntlet to just Hero Battle Gauntlet.

16 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It worked before.  There was nothing wrong with the VG.    And it seems like well over 3/4 of the community feels the same way.  

There is more or less the same amount of complaining about the multiplier being dumb now as there was about the winner being already determined when the characters were announced being dumb back then. There was just less outrage back then because Gaius isn't somehow in the finals getting his ass curbstomped.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is more or less the same amount of complaining about the multiplier being dumb now as there was about the winner being already determined when the characters were announced being dumb back then. There was just less outrage back then because Gaius isn't somehow in the finals getting his ass curbstomped.

I think the VG is broken now and it was slightly less broken before.  The best way they could have repaired the VG is to just use their brains when deciding who to use.  They could have used close matche'd CYL which is proven to work (Chrom v. Ephraim was very close and they were very close in CYL).  

I'm definitely on the "current VG format is bad" train. All the multiplier really does is allow upsets to happen, and I don't see the point of that in a popularity contest. It also has an extremely annoying effect on the gameplay: I live in North America and the best multiplier times are when I'm asleep.

Since we're sharing stories of questionable builds, I almost lost a VG match (one of the rare times I wasn't just cheesing it with a Level <30 unit) when I discovered that someone had replaced their Klein's Glacies with Glimmer, so he couldn't finish off some high-def unit with ~10 HP. Literally any other (non-Night Sky line) offensive limit would have been good enough.

Though we're now on Team Corrin, some of us are still (and forever) Team Tiki...! I went in to fight with Summer Tiki as my lead, and got this:

Spoiler

ngT3DSz.jpg

My Summer Tiki is on the right, while the rando is on the left. We have the same boon/bane (+Spd/-Def), no seals, and Threaten Def as the C-passive!

That's quite a coincidence!