Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

@Vaximillian @phineas81707 @Infinite Dreams @Tybrosion

Minerva is now on active patrol:

+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)

Which means my shift is over, and I'm off to bed.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Vaximillian @phineas81707 @Infinite Dreams @Tybrosion

Minerva is now on active patrol:

+10 Minerva [+Spd, -Res] (Hauteclere, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 3, Drag Back, Hone Fliers, Quickened Pulse)

Which means my shift is over, and I'm off to bed.

Good night.

I'm switching to Clair as my personal. What, she has no skills other than Brave Lance+ and Harsh Command? Well, I'm setting her up for merges!
(Maybe I should just do Florina).

EDIT: First battle since the change, got the Minerva, and there were three reds. Clair says thanks.

Edited by phineas81707

Anyway, I got Ice Dragon's Minerva again, which, assuming that she is indeed asleep right now, means that your ally is not chosen by the most recent player.

There goes another theory.

(Anyone who has theories as to which partner you get in a Gauntlet, feel free to pitch them).

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Anyway, I got Ice Dragon's Minerva again, which, assuming that she is indeed asleep right now, means that your ally is not chosen by the most recent player.

There goes another theory.

(Anyone who has theories as to which partner you get in a Gauntlet, feel free to pitch them).

I always assumed it was simply random.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I always assumed it was simply random.

I've gotten certain units much more frequently than others (re: I've probably got more Ice Dragon merged units this round than Anacybele units the entire gauntlet despite being on her team all three battles). I'm not saying it's not random, I'm just thinking there might be some sort of biasing factor.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I've gotten certain units much more frequently than others (re: I've probably got more Ice Dragon merged units this round than Anacybele units the entire gauntlet despite being on her team all three battles). I'm not saying it's not random, I'm just thinking there might be some sort of biasing factor.

Yeah, I've been tending to get only three units each round as well.  I always assumed I was simply unlucky (and sent feedback to IS asking them to let us pick support units so that would stop happening) but maybe there is another factor.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe it biases towards users you've added recently/ via IDs? My Friends' List is full of randoms from the arena and I always get a different team each time, in every Gauntlet thus far.

Anacybele is the second most recent addition to my list. Tybrosion is the most, if memory serves, and I don't recall seeing his units much either.

My friend allies are usually @LordFrigid’s Caeda, @Ice Dragon’s now Minerva, and Celica by one Chimezie whom I must have added from the arena.

Before Ice Dragon joined Team Corrin, the third was @SatsumaFSoysoy’s Celica, but he changed over to Lucina, and I haven’t got her ever since.

I haven’t seen any friend allies except these three, and I have many more co-Corrinites in my friend list.

19 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah, I've been tending to get only three units each round as well.  I always assumed I was simply unlucky (and sent feedback to IS asking them to let us pick support units so that would stop happening) but maybe there is another factor.

Ive been getting a +2 Spring Xander as my friend support unit for almost the entire round, though he was sometimes replaced by a +2 Summer Leo, which I assume is yours.

And Im curious to see if some of the support unit you got were my +5 Lucina or +5 Nino.

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Ive been getting a +2 Spring Xander as my friend support unit for almost the entire round, though he was sometimes replaced by a +2 Summer Leo, which I assume is yours.

And Im curious to see if some of the support unit you got were my +5 Lucina or +5 Nino.

I actually have gotten them (I particularly remember definitely getting Lucina, since she was the friend support I had in the all red vs all blue showdown that I just surrendered from).  

And yeah +2 Fury 3 Summer Leo is probably mine.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Hm...I remember thinking about ally matchups during the last gauntlet (I was on Team Elise), and something hit me after I set the wrong unit, a Julia, to a match instead of Elise during round 3.

All of a sudden the unit I got from a friend was one I'd never gotten before, an Azura. Previously when I used my own Elise I always got either an Ike or a Hector from two separate friends. Being curious I began to field non-Elise units to see what I would get, and for each unit I sent in it would appear the game matched with different units of different friends, sometimes I would notice an overlap, as certain units would get one unit in common as another one. For example, Elise = Hector/Ike, Sakura = Ryoma/Hector (same one as Elise's), but when it was Julia it was instead Julia = Azura/F!Corrin.

Unfourtunately, I didn't document my matchups so it's hard to say for sure, but considering the way the matches went I believe the game matches your unit using similar criteria as the arena - BST,  SI, skills and levels (incl. merges). 

Hm. You know, I might actually do a few "For science!" attempts documenting my remaining matchups for this round. 

I mean, it's not like this round's outcome will change (no offence meant Team Gaius) if I don't field my Summer!Corrin for my matchups today.

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Bleh mobile format

10 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I actually have gotten them (I particularly remember definitely getting Lucina, since she was the friend support I had in the all red vs all blue showdown that I just surrendered from).  

And yeah +2 Fury 3 Summer Leo is probably mine.

Sorry for the all red matchups. Hopefully switching Lucina for Nino makes those blue vs red match ups less common.

And speaking of switching, I could change Nino for Azura, Julia, Reinhardt or Bride Cordelia if any of those would be more helpful.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Sorry for the all red matchups. Hopefully switching Lucina for Nino makes those blue vs red match ups less common.

And speaking of switching, I could change Nino for Azura, Julia, Reinhardt or Bride Cordelia if any of those would be more helpful.

Azura or Reinhardt would likely be the most useful.  It's tough to buff Nino in these randomized teams, particularly since I haven't finished leveling Eirika yet.

Would you like me to replace Summer Leo with someone?  Most of my fully decked out 5*'s are horses with Horse Emblem sets because I am scum, but I can switch to Klein or Shanna or something if you need me to.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

@Tactician_Iris Aha, a theory! You know, this sounds fairly solid... it might need tweaking (how else does one explain Ice Dragon's merged units getting paired with anyone), but it's better than nothing.

The worst part is, when my Fae kept getting paired with that Hector... if you're right, changing to Delthea would have guaranteed I got someone new.

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Azura or Reinhardt would likely be the most useful.  It's tough to buff Nino in these randomized teams, particularly since I haven't finished leveling Eirika yet.

Would you like me to replace Summer Leo with someone?  Most of my fully decked out 5*'s are horses with Horse Emblem sets because I am scum, but I can switch to Klein or Shanna or something if you need me to.

Just switched to Azura, so hopefully you'll start seeing her.

And I'm fine with Leo since I'm using a level 1 Summer Gaius, so any level 40 unit crushes the opposition.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

I keep getting stuck w/ one color teams, which screw me over a lot. The amount of times I've had to surrender irks me

Never surrender!

but honestly, if you want to win every match you can just use lvl 1 units and let your friend unit carry you every match.

If you don't like that, you can pick a certain color (preferebly the same as the character you're supporting) and only send out units of that color. You can then tell people on your friend list to not put units of that color as their leader and delete evryone who doesnt listen.

27 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Hm...I remember thinking about ally matchups during the last gauntlet (I was on Team Elise), and something hit me after I set the wrong unit, a Julia, to a match instead of Elise during round 3.

All of a sudden the unit I got from a friend was one I'd never gotten before, an Azura. Previously when I used my own Elise I always got either an Ike or a Hector from two separate friends. Being curious I began to field non-Elise units to see what I would get, and for each unit I sent in it would appear the game matched with different units of different friends, sometimes I would notice an overlap, as certain units would get one unit in common as another one. For example, Elise = Hector/Ike, Sakura = Ryoma/Hector (same one as Elise's), but when it was Julia it was instead Julia = Azura/F!Corrin.

Unfourtunately, I didn't document my matchups so it's hard to say for sure, but considering the way the matches went I believe the game matches your unit using similar criteria as the arena - BST,  SI, skills and levels (incl. merges). 

Hm. You know, I might actually do a few "For science!" attempts documenting my remaining matchups for this round. 

I mean, it's not like this round's outcome will change (no offence meant Team Gaius) if I don't field my Summer!Corrin for my matchups today.

Intresting theory. As Phineas pointed out, it can't be the same criteria as the arena, and there should be more possibilities then 2 per unit, but it might still be related.

I don't think there's enough time left in this gauntlet to properly test this out for me, but I'll probably look into this during the next one!

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Intresting theory. As Phineas pointed out, it can't be the same criteria as the arena, and there should be more possibilities then 2 per unit, but it might still be related.

I don't think there's enough time left in this gauntlet to properly test this out for me, but I'll probably look into this during the next one!

I'm planning on taking notes, too. Depends on what the theme is, and whether or not I'll be as lassiez-faire about bonus units as I was here.

Even then, there's still the colour quests.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm planning on taking notes, too. Depends on what the theme is, and whether or not I'll be as lassiez-faire about bonus units as I was here.

Even then, there's still the colour quests.

Color quests shoudn't be a huge issue in this case. I generally one miss one color at most after a full day of battles, so when the time to switch the unit I'm sending out comes, I can just switch to a unit of the color I still need.

Bonusses and multipliers might become an issue for me though :P

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Color quests shoudn't be a huge issue in this case. I generally one miss one color at most after a full day of battles, so when the time to switch the unit I'm sending out comes, I can just switch to a unit of the color I still need.

Bonusses and multipliers might become an issue for me though :P

If I'm not getting super competitive next time (like, say, if it's another gauntlet with a theme like this one), I'll use the colour quests as an excuse to not be spamming the bonus unit while I experiment with note-taking.

Multipliers, I... *shivers*...