Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

9 minutes ago, CloudKnight said:

At this point, I wish I had joined team Gauis instead. Not getting any multipliers is just killing my overall score. I think next time I'll purposely choose the losing side for potentially more feathers.

My thoughts exactly. I even have more than a thousand flags left here in hopes for a multiplier. Welp.

I'll be on the unranked side, just because I'm not as active in FEH anymore, but I still got my good units, so I'll take it steadily. The incoming hero fest would fix all my remorse. :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, funny story. I was playing through a gauntlet match for my friend and had him join team Gaius.

On the very first match, I got my own Reinhardt.

2 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

My thoughts exactly. I even have more than a thousand flags left here in hopes for a multiplier. Welp.

I'll be on the unranked side, just because I'm not as active in FEH anymore, but I still got my good units, so I'll take it steadily. The incoming hero fest would fix all my remorse. :)

I used up all mine already, as it looked hopeless for one, and I had over a thousand too. Even with all the bonuses Gauis had, there was no hope of him ever getting close to Corrin. Ugh, I regret my decision...!!!

12 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

That assumes curbstomps are a problem.  They aren't.  If a character is more popular then they should win.  I genuinely do not see what's fun or exciting about just giving the losing team free points because they have no chance otherwise. 

Better to just be rid of the activity.

I'll disagree. Curbstomps are a problem. There's no point in these "gauntlets" if one character is an obvious winner and will just destroy the competition. It discourages people from joining other characters' armies. 

There's a reason the Chrom vs Ephraim match was so fondly remembered. 

1 hour ago, kcirrot said:

The multiplier unfairly punishes the winning team and those who cannot play during the multiplier.  When Gaius beat Leo because of a late game bonus it not only screwed Leo players out of a win, but they also didn't have as many cumulative points.  How the heck does that sound reasonable to anyone?

Why not create incentives to play the game a lot?   I think it would be great if the more matches you played for your team the higher the multiplier for that individual.  That way if your team worked hard and was more committed you would have a chance against a more popular character who has tons of less committed players.   Would the most popular waifu still win? Sure, probably.  But it would go back to being an actual game.

Alternatively , I wish they would just remove Voting Gauntlet altogether and go back to the drawing board if they think a fair competition is 'boring'.

While your points against the multiplier are valid and should be considered for future VGs, it's better than the old system. The old VGs were like a soccer match where the community decided how many players each team had. This is what you call "fair".

Your notion of more effort = more power is good on paper but it won't change the outcome of heavily slanted matches. Any effort a small team can make, a larger team can make just as well. It would take some serious 'tortoise and the hare' bullshit to stop Camilla/Lucina/Tharja from winning.

Edited by NekoKnight

I want this mode to get trashed and turned into something new. None of the gauntlets have been interesting in the slightest (Who cares about Ike vs Ephraim if the overall winner is already clear?). At this point, it reached meme status for me and should definitely not stay like this. While being incredibly repetitive and dull at times, Tempest Trials at least feels like I've achieved something, while this is just a matter of "when will it end, give me my feathers, kthxbai".

Sigh, let's see what comes up next....

I don't mind the multiplier system - I think it gives that extra edge of excitement and incentive to fight in otherwise close matches. I do think it should be tweaked a bit though - x7 seems like a bit of overkill, and I'm thinking maybe they should limit how many times each team can trigger a bonus per round because watching Gaius trigger a bonus every 2 hours this round is a bit much.

Hi btw everyone, I'm new.

The gauntlet is a bad idea since the beginning. The first version was boring because of the winner was obvious and there was no hope for the losing team. The second version is even worse because, not only the winner is still known in advance and there is still no hope for the losing team, but the multiplier system is also unfair for the winning team.

Finally gauntlets are just a boring way to win feathers.

Edited by Spudufion

Yeah as much as I think the current versions of the gauntlet are more interesting than the earlier ones, the mode in general is just not compelling.

I don't know what's more sad: that we keep getting multipliers on Team Gaius, or that every time we get a multiplier it doesn't get close to Corrin's score.

I was on Team Gaius since he was the only summer unit I had but dang. Oh well. Least made it to the final round.

Glad I kept 400 flags in case Gaius got the multiplier on the very last hour. It will shoot be at around 1.5 million points for the round and 2.4 million total points.

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

C'mon, Gaius supporters. Step it up. I want my multiplier bonus.

hi

Gaius never managed to give Corrin a bonus once in the gauntlet and he was trailing by 2 billion points last round without a multiplier. There was no way Corrin would get a multiplier in the last hour.

Perhaps instead of a 3 round Gauntlet, they should try something simpler. Slash the number of teams down to 2 or 3, and focus on themes instead of characters. Like a Hoshido vs. Nohr war, or Infantry and Armors vs. Riders, or Carefree characters vs. Serious ones. So as long as the themes aren't lopsided, things could be close. The bonus units for your side are derived from the theme, and perhaps who the bonus units are rotate if the theme is large enough. Add "breaks" every couple days in the battle where you're rewarded for your performance so far. 

I just got a level 33 Camilla as an opponent and a level 39 Spring Lucina as my random ally. My SCorrin is level 40, so I'm not sure why the odd match-up.  Maybe even the game is getting tired of this Gauntlet.

I guess one good thing about only checking in at the end is that I don't see much of the salt, I already have enough as is.

But yeah, thanks to a mess up on my part, I'm ending with 400 flags leftover, hopefully that didn't tank my ranking too much.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Perhaps instead of a 3 round Gauntlet, they should try something simpler. Slash the number of teams down to 2 or 3, and focus on themes instead of characters. Like a Hoshido vs. Nohr war, or Infantry and Armors vs. Riders, or Carefree characters vs. Serious ones. So as long as the themes aren't lopsided, things could be close. The bonus units for your side are derived from the theme, and perhaps who the bonus units are rotate if the theme is large enough. Add "breaks" every couple days in the battle where you're rewarded for your performance so far. 

That sounds far less interesting than supporting your waifu/husbando.

3 minutes ago, Oboro! said:

IF GAIUS WINS I'M BUNGEE JUMPING OFF A CLIFF

If Gaius somehow wins I'll be amazed at how I could enjoy constant multipliers to boost my score while still getting the winner's spoils.

Though I think that will only happen if every Corrin team player decided to not do anything in this last hour and every single Gaius team members had 400 flags to burn.

Official RIP to my score. I really wish I had just joined team Gaius at this point. My cumulative score got trashed even worse than I anticipated, and I'm out of even the top 10k. And in team Corrin I'm ranked like 60k since I came into the round with 0 flags held over from the previous(still probably for the best, with 0 multipliers all round). So I think I'm missing out on like 2.5-3kish feathers had I joined Gaius instead and just hit the big multipliers to also get a higher army rank there too. These 500 victory feathers aren't going to cut the difference this time..

Bummer to get punished more for being on the (basically assumed) winning team. (and this was a pretty extraordinary case too, with the sheer number of multipliers to crash the cumulative rankings like that)

Edited by Alkaid

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

That sounds far less interesting than supporting your waifu/husbando.

True, a nebulous abstract theme isn't as fun, but it'd possibly be more competitive. It's the dual nature of VGs, battle contest and popularity contest, which hurt them. Themes would downplay the popularity aspect in hopes of more competition. 

Though doing mini character contests where two characters expected to be relative equals in popularity are pitted against each other for a week or half week could work I guess. And there would be no sighs of "X will stomp everyone in the end" or "Y is bound to lose to Z even if they win against Q".