Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Despite the surprise last multiplier, I think Team Corrin still wins.

That being said though, if Gaius wins, a lot of people are going to be salty. And not because Corrin didn't win.

Missing out on the multipliers AND losing the victory feathers. Ouch.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

If Gaius somehow wins I'll be amazed at how I could enjoy constant multipliers to boost my score while still getting the winner's spoils.

Though I think that will only happen if every Corrin team player decided to not do anything in this last hour and every single Gaius team members had 400 flags to burn.

Gaius needs to get 1 billion more points this hour than last multiplier (3.3 billion compared to last multiplier's 2.3 billion) in order to have a chance of taking the lead, assuming Corrin doesn't rally too much harder than last hour.

Entirely possible, but I figure Team Gaius was already dumping feathers in the last multiplier, so we'll see.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Of course, that assumes you have one in this thing. I cared about no one in this Gauntlet...

Such things will happen.

When a team is represented by your waifu/husbando, you get motivated, and when none of your waifus/husbandos are there, it's not motivating.

However, if your waifu/husbando is lumped in with a bunch of characters on a team, some of which you probably don't care about at all, it's not as motivating as when you're supporting that one character you care about.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Gaius needs to get 1 billion more points this hour than last multiplier (3.3 billion compared to last multiplier's 2.3 billion) in order to have a chance of taking the lead, assuming Corrin doesn't rally too much harder than last hour.

Entirely possible, but I figure Team Gaius was already dumping feathers in the last multiplier, so we'll see.

I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen considering how this round went, but it would be kind of amazing if Gaius managed to steal another win thanks to the multiplier.

Honestly if Gaius wins I wouldn't even now how to properly describe how I felt.

Simultaneous confusion, surprise, shock, sadness, anger, with bits of joy that a guy could win, but most importantly of all....

Extreme salt that poor Frederick and Leo could not be avenged 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Such things will happen.

When a team is represented by your waifu/husbando, you get motivated, and when none of your waifus/husbandos are there, it's not motivating.

However, if your waifu/husbando is lumped in with a bunch of characters on a team, some of which you probably don't care about at all, it's not as motivating as when you're supporting that one character you care about.

Speak for yourself. I'd rally the hell out of Team Pegasus. Down with the overrated wyverns!

If Gaius wins I'm going to laugh so hard because how much luck does one have to create a triple upset and take down the obvious winner of the whole thing?

I know the chances are almost 0, but we'll see.

Edit: Seems Corrin won as expected, that's fine by me.

Edited by Alexmender

Rank 9,832 on Team Corrin before the final update. I wonder whether I can stay in top 10k. Rank 34,285 cumulative.

283,500 points this round and 822,000 points overall. That one multiplier back in the first round. It is going to haunt me forever.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Speak for yourself. I'd rally the hell out of Team Pegasus. Down with the overrated wyverns!

Throwing down one example isn't exactly a counterargument, though. I'd get excited for a dragons v. something else match-up, but there aren't many other groups of characters I care about as a blob to really get my motivations up for them.

I care about Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Camilla, and Elise as individual characters, but couldn't really give a damn about the Hoshido royals or Nohr royals as groups.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Throwing down one example isn't exactly a counterargument, though. I'd get excited for a dragons v. something else match-up, but there aren't many other groups of characters I care about as a blob to really get my motivations up for them.

I care about Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Camilla, and Elise as individual characters, but couldn't really give a damn about the Hoshido royals or Nohr royals as groups.

I think we've already established there are duds in the current system, too. Like me and this Gauntlet.

Got Rank 14,882 overall, not too bad.

1800+2300+500=4600 Feathers altogether, not too bad.

Edited by Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Rank 9,832 on Team Corrin before the final update. I wonder whether I can stay in top 10k. Rank 34,285 cumulative.

1,600 feathers for rank 35,419 cumulative; 2,300 feathers for rank 10,780 on Team Corrin, 500 feathers for winning the round. Okay.

Still salty for that one multiplier.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I think we've already established there are duds in the current system, too. Like me and this Gauntlet.

Yeah, there's no way to pick 8 characters or 2-3 factions that actually appeal to literally everyone.

Duds happen, but I feel that having the hits be stronger at the cost of duds being weak is better than having most factions only hitting decently.

Gaius lost, as expected, but I managed to get an overall ranking of 1355 and a round ranking of 1491, giving 2600+3100 feathers for a total of 5700.

Pretty happy with my decision of siding against the obvious winner since I'd probably would have ended up with way less feathers even with the winner's bonus.

Setsuna: Victory, victory~

1,900 + 1,800 + 500. Better than I expected and surprisingly my overall ranking stayed within the same bracket. I'm ~800 short from 20k, but a quick CC will fix it.

I didn't hear really any of my units used by you all (except Tybrosion with my Xander once first round), but hopefully my Cecilia was of use to anyone in Team Leo or Corrin if you got her.

Final Round Score (Corrin): 301,920
Army Rank: 8,595
Total Score: 854,890
Cumulative: 33,194

Round 1 Feathers: 1,300 + 500 = 1,800
Round 2 Feathers: 1,700 + 500 = 2,200
Round 3 Feathers: 2,700 + 500 + 1,600 = 4,800
Total: 8,800

Not quite as productive as last time, but that was to be expected joining the supermajority team.  Plus I didn't bother waking up early for bonuses.

Woah 8299 cumulative rank is pretty good, and managed to sneak past into rank 4165 with the final multiplier (was mostly outside that for the whole thing because i waited too long to use flags and didn't use more flags in early multipliers)

pretty good for my main since i had less flags because of Freddy/Leo.

ironic how this popularity contest will probably make Gaius more unpopular because of the salt 

Edited by mcsilas

My feather earnings!

Round 1: 2100 (Team Tiki; top 5K)

Round 2: 1700 (Team Robin; top 10K)

Round 3: 3500 (Team Gaius; top 1K: 781)

Cumulative: 3000 (top 1K: 742)

Total: 10300

Best I've done in a Voting Gauntlet!

Edited by Roflolxp54

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Scores have been tallied. Corrin takes the victory.

... And death to the usurper who took the throne of second place from his rightful majesty Lord Tomato the Suntanning Vampire.

Edit: Though I must also agree with this:

@Sproutling: Good job getting this far, Gaius. Hopefully a male can actually win a gauntlet someday.

Edited by Rex Glacies

Corrin won as expected...boring.

Well, Gaius did incredibly well considering his opponent. I did pretty well as well despite my low activity on Team Gaius. I'll have over 120k feathers by the time Valter comes. 

Edited by Lord-Zero