Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Priscilla had the early lead on Lissa. First hour scores had her with a higher total.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Priscilla had a larger team than Lissa.

The mage Gauntlet had only a fixed 3× multiplier, which made it impossible for the losing team to catch up once the scores were high enough.

Ah, okay. As the Awakening rep I just remember her being expected to be among the bigger teams, but I didn't see how she actually did early on vs Priscilla. (Too caught up in Elise mauling poor Sakura)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing a round about 1 mill difference between Robin and Corrin. Will she get a multiplier in the next two hours or am I stuck at 1.3k Feathers unless I burn flags for 20k points?

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have to admit, though, the back and forth has been somewhat fun to watch... 

Chrom vs. Ephraim will forever be the true original gauntlet fight.

----

dammit. This damn multiplier will be the end of us...

Just now, TheTuckingFypo said:

----

Yes, that fight will always be the best. That really was thrilling. I was Team Ephraim, but, again, liked both so I didn't mind if either win. Now I couldn't care less who wins 'cos of the multiplier, since it's no longer the popularity contest it originally was. Even if Leo doesn't win, it's nothing against him, since he's clearly the more popular one. But I can understand people being upset as well because they'll feel he's been cheated out of a victory... and they don't get the 500 flags, despite missing out on the multipliers. 

...Man, this whole thing has become just a gamble and a half. 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

How much larger did Frederick seem than Gaius (saying seem due to it not being exact due to flags, etc, in case that's read wrong)? I didn't even know he was the smaller team until just now, but then I wasn't paying as much attention in that round ^.^''

Frederick's team was larger by about 5-10%, though it was smaller than Gaius's for the first 5-7 hours or so. By the last two swings of the yo-yo, Frederick's team had taken the lead in size.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Seeing a round about 1 mill difference between Robin and Corrin. Will she get a multiplier in the next two hours or am I stuck at 1.3k Feathers unless I burn flags for 20k points?

Unlikely. Robin is more than 3% away from a multiplier and has been gaining on that threshold by around 0.5% each hour since the last multiplier.

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Rezzy is just a few ranks under me! I'm pretty happy I finally got to see someone from SF on the score boards. XD

UjhNn1i.png?1

That last multiplier really shot my score up.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

From Dictionary.com:

From Wiktionary.org:

Nowhere does it require a last-minute win, just a defeat of a stronger opponent. If a college basketball team beat a professional basketball team and had a lead the entire time, that is still an upset.

Frederick had the advantage of numbers, which is enough to consider him the stronger opponent because that's how a team's strength is measured in a Voting Gauntlet. That he was down in score doesn't matter.

Priscilla had a larger team than Lissa.

The mage Gauntlet had only a fixed 3× multiplier, which made it impossible for the losing team to catch up once the scores were high enough.

Ice Dragon beat me to it.  An upset does not have to be a come-back to be an upset.  If the Phillies beat the Dodgers 9-2, it's still an upset, even if the Dodgers never led.

1 minute ago, LoboKD001 said:

I thought freddy has the smaller fanbase? Did he get the bonus first?

I don't think a 1 hour interval is a good sign of overall, especially if they are close.  You should go by the trend when neither team has the multiplier.  Especially in America, the Gauntlet starts in the middle of the night, so not many of us are even around for the first few hours.  With such low numbers, it's a lot easier to get the multiplier to swing one way or another in close matches.

@Ice Dragon Yeah, your user is Ekura right? I've gotten your Tiki a couple times. Got your Ninian every single time when we were in Team Tiki haha. Super useful. And thanks, i recently got your Kagero. I can change my rep to someone else to increase chances towards a color if you want. 

Edited by Solunar

7 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Actually, @Anacybele is technically correct. 

A true upset was the NE patriots interception in that Super Bowl against the Seahawks. 

Though, if my team couldn't recover in time, I'd definitely be upset

I don't think that can qualify as an upset when neither team was favored to win over the other going into the game. At least as far as the Vegas odds were concerned, Super Bowl XLIX was a pick 'em / toss-up. Now if my sideshow of a team had beaten those damn Patriots several months ago, that would've been a upset as the Patriots were the favorites going into it. Being an Atlanta sports fan and a masochist go hand-in-hand quite well.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

There's only a 6.39% difference between the two at this point so no, Robin is almost certainly not seeing the multiplier again.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't think that can qualify as an upset when neither team was favored to win over the other going into the game. At least as far as the Vegas odds were concerned, Super Bowl XLIX was a pick 'em / toss-up. Now if my sideshow of a team had beaten those damn Patriots several months ago, that would've been a upset as the Patriots were the favorites going into it. Being an Atlanta sports fan and a masochist go hand-in-hand quite well.

Oh. lol I live in BC, so literally everyone here expected the Seahawks had it in the bag. 

Come on team Corrin, spend some flags. I know they're burning a hole in your screen. Lighten the load. It'll be easier this way. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (man we're fuckin' dead)

Woo, shot back up to just over rank 2000 thanks to the multiplier in Leo

for those with bigger ranks, did you use 200 immediately for the first multipliers in each round? I used small flags like 5 and 10 at first, as i stockpile most of them for the final round (well that was the plan)

also @Ice Dragon do you have the exact numbers of the Frederick vs Gaius in a file somewhere? I'm just glad we put up a figjt at least. Also i miss using your Ninian back in Team Tiki, she was so great!

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think a 1 hour interval is a good sign of overall, especially if they are close.  You should go by the trend when neither team has the multiplier.  Especially in America, the Gauntlet starts in the middle of the night, so not many of us are even around for the first few hours.  With such low numbers, it's a lot easier to get the multiplier to swing one way or another in close matches.

Gaius was leading for the first 5-7 hours, though, before Frederick surpassed Gaius in hourly gains.

8 minutes ago, Solunar said:

@Ice Dragon Yeah, your user is Ekura right? I've gotten your Tiki a couple times. Got your Ninian every single time when we were in Team Tiki haha. Super useful. And thanks, i recently got your Kagero. I can change my rep to someone else to increase chances towards a color if you want. 

Yep, I'm the エクラ with the Ninian in Round 1, Tiki in Round 2, and Kagero for the past couple hours. I've finished the color quests already (fielded Elise a few times in the middle), so I'm not picky about what characters I get.

EDIT:

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

also @Ice Dragon do you have the exact numbers of the Frederick vs Gaius in a file somewhere? I'm just glad we put up a figjt at least. Also i miss using your Ninian back in Team Tiki, she was so great!

I've been using this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Uy_ahqcH76loBNST3w_lPTdY3JqifNjmMru_6rmjnk/htmlview.

But this one also works: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxAC7aTAl7ZmrM4dQX-5jMY1cihagCtieLquruI1bPs/htmlview.

Edited by Ice Dragon

15 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's not 1 mil, it's almost 1.2 billion.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gaius was leading for the first 5-7 hours, though, before Frederick surpassed Gaius in hourly gains.

Yep, I'm the エクラ with the Ninian in Round 1, Tiki in Round 2, and Kagero for the past couple hours. I've finished the color quests already (fielded Elise a few times in the middle), so I'm not picky about what characters I get.

The ping pong is kinda hard to judge the numbers accurately, but it only took a couple hours once it stopped for Frederick to gain more each hour.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Woo, shot back up to just over rank 2000 thanks to the multiplier in Leo

for those with bigger ranks, did you use 200 immediately for the first multipliers in each round? I used small flags like 5 and 10 at first, as i stockpile most of them for the final round (well that was the plan)

I spent the max possible every time I saw the multiplier.  There were a couple times I didn't have 200, but I spent what I had. 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The ping pong is kinda hard to judge the numbers accurately, but it only took a couple hours once it stopped for Frederick to gain more each hour.

If you remove the numbers with bonuses, it becomes a bit easier to look at and judge. While the precise inflection point is hard to pin-point since both teams were still in the process of growing through that range, it's probably somewhere between hours 5 and 7 or so when Frederick's team beat Gaius's in size:

Hour Gaius Frederick
0 0 0
1 5,166,614 4,522,876
2 8,513,697  
3   10,132,927
4 10,815,184  
5   12,346,964
6 15,633,037  
7   15,651,100
8 15,785,095  
9   17,442,939
10 17,394,924 12,828,395
11 12,398,137 13,119,422
12 10,866,843 11,970,940
13 11,062,716 12,226,741
14 12,364,335 12,752,162
15 12,010,180 13,666,895

^ But with that, they're still fairly evenly matched, so it really doesn't feel enough to call it an upset. 

To me, an upset it when the clear winner gets beaten 'cos of the multiplier mechanic. Gaius and Frederick were very close. If the multiplier didn't come into it, flags might have made a difference instead, so it's still a bit of a toss up (as to whether Gaius' team would want to win enough to throw all their flags in or if Frederick's team would throw enough to keep in the lead). 

Whereas with Leo, there's absolutely none of that... if there was no multiplier mechanic, no matter how many flags were thrown in, Leo would win. 

That's my opinion, though. I haven't done any maths or anything to make sure the first bit is possible. It just looks it judging by close sized teams in the past. 

Edited by Cute Chao

23 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

----

Never forget

Especially when I didn't participated.

Team Leo you have my sympathy despite being on Team Corrin (was with Tiki at first and had to support fellow dragon after the loss) if you lose to Gaius like I like him but compared to Leo just no. He's overrated just like Llyana with their cravings

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

NOOOO GAIUS HAS THE MULTIPLYER :'(

what do we do??

It's pretty much over now, not close enough to get another multiplier, and not close enough to overtake, even with burning flags.  Leo has the dubious honor of losing to an opponent with half the players and only won due to the stupid multiplier.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

The tomato has been squashed by hard candy, gg meme gauntlet!

I'm gonna hope and pray they fuck up and give us the multiplyer.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh wow, my prediction was off. We didn't overshoot. 

Would flag burning help Team Leo or is it a case of not much left to do? 

Cry in a corner