Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will find it absolutely hilarious if Team Corrin ends up outnumbering Team Gaius 8.5:1 because that would mean Team Gaius would have a permanent multiplier and still never have a chance to win.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I will find it absolutely hilarious if Team Corrin ends up outnumbering Team Gaius 8.5:1 because that would mean Team Gaius would have a permanent multiplier and still never have a chance to win.

I would be very happy with this xD 

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:
  Hide contents

Good plan. Complain on my behalf please. I'll probably be busy fainting to the shock from this loss. 

I'll wait an hour. Then I'll see if it's worth investing my hard earned flags.

I sent feedback, though I didn't go into as much detail as I could have, about easy ranking AND winning, but I'll see if they respond at all, then I can elaborate.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Well, I'll be joining Corrin.  She might have flaws, but has more character traits than diabetes.

Maybe they'll rework this stupid multiplier for next Gauntlet.  It's bugged me since introduction, and it seems my opinion was prescient, since I thought something like this would happen, and it just happens to happen to my son.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I WILL NOT GIVE UP THAT EASY! I CHALLENGE MY FATE! FOR LORD LEO!!!!!

We must make Gaius's candy nothing but cinders! Make all the supernatural deals and sacrifices necessary! FOR LORD LEO!

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

OMG that would be totally hilarious! And the perfect vengeance for Freddy (and Leo by extension). Amirite?

Frederick: Completely. I would have no complaint.

Me: Yes!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Rex Glacies said:

We must make Gaius's candy nothing but cinders! Make all the supernatural deals and sacrifices necessary! FOR LORD LEO!

WE MUST MAKE ALL OF THE ANIMAL SACRIFICES!!! IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

It's kind of funny, but I'm actually saltier that female Corrin is going to win the gauntlet more so than Gaius getting an undeserved upset. I mean, yeah, it's unfair that he got an upset not once but twice. But female Corrin is pretty damn overrated. And yes, I hate that word, but there's no other word that fits her considering the reception compared to her male counterpart.

Then again, I hated this gauntlet to begin with so I can't say I care. Just give me my shitty feathers and my shitty gauntlet ranking and let's be done with it.

Yeah I'm gonna join Corrin. Feathers are tempting, but I wanna be apart of the curbstomp crew.

Sorry (Not Sorry) Team Gaius

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

RIP team Leo. I'll go prepare the coffin.

At least his previous 2 losses weren't as dumb as this. Maybe he should just stop participating in so many gauntlets.

This stupid kneecapping aside, I would like to see different characters.  Leo and Elise have been in half the Gauntlets.  For Elise, at least, could we at least "retire" characters who have already won a Gauntlet already?

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

WE MUST MAKE ALL OF THE ANIMAL SACRIFICES!!! IT'S NEVER TOO LATE!

As one of the gods that people make sacrifices to, don't kill animals just for that.  I dislike senseless killing.  If they are being eaten for food, you can dedicate them to Rezzy if you wish.  Leo is also my son, so any prayers towards me also kinda go to him.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I'm trying to figure out why. Gaius? Really? 

He was in the mathematical Goldilocks zone where he was below the favorite enough to keep getting the multiplier, but popular enough the better candidate didn't have enough votes to overcome it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh wait, it only needs to be 7.5:1 to do that. ([Corrin] − 7.5 × [Gaius] = 0) is the equal point, not ([Corrin] - 100% = 7.5 × [Gaius]).

That's even more achievable. (For the record, Camilla beat Minerva by a factor of 4.2, Cordelia by 4.8, and Hinoka by 8.1.)

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

As one of the gods that people make sacrifices to, don't kill animals just for that.  I dislike senseless killing.  If they are being eaten for food, you can dedicate them to Rezzy if you wish.  Leo is also my son, so any prayers towards me also kinda go to him.

I'm sorry for your poor smol Leo having his candy and tomatoes taken by Gaius.  He deserves better.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's kind of funny, but I'm actually saltier that female Corrin is going to win the gauntlet more so than Gaius getting an undeserved upset. I mean, yeah, it's unfair that he got an upset not once but twice. But female Corrin is pretty damn overrated. And yes, I hate that word, but there's no other word that fits her considering the reception compared to her male counterpart.

Then again, I hated this gauntlet to begin with so I can't say I care. Just give me my shitty feathers and my shitty gauntlet ranking and let's be done with it.

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... A character being cute can only help them so much, before their actual character starts to taint that immensely. And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

Edited by Frenzify

Just now, Rezzy said:

He was in the mathematical Goldilocks zone where he was below the favorite enough to keep getting the multiplier, but popular enough the better candidate didn't have enough votes to overcome it anyway.

True. But again. It's Gaius. I still don't get how he won the popularity contest for male characters in Awakening. It's Gaius. It's like if Makalov won. Really?

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

Honestly, I feel like more people sided with Corrin for her design here, not so much her character... Besides, I think Corrin was written okay in Birthright at least. But I do hear pretty much everyone shit on her for Conquest and Revelation.

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

I may not like Corrin personally myself, but I'd be far more understanding if both Corrins were (about) equally popular. But the fact that female Corrin is so much more popular despite the two being identical characters is ... uh, questionable and I'm just going to leave it at that.

EDIT: Anacybele, it's not so much that Corrin is written okay in one path, but that male and female Corrin are literally THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER and design alone shouldn't justify one gender being so much more popular when they're the same shitty character.

Edited by Sunwoo