Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Fypo has began a journey on the road to acceptance. I'm actually heartbroken... I never knew it would hurt like this >_<...

@Rezzy - that boy of yours needs a headband.

I could probably find one lying around somewhere.

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'm sorry for your poor smol Leo having his candy and tomatoes taken by Gaius.  He deserves better.

I try not to let Leo have too much candy, but he can have all the tomatoes he wants.

BwH2wr4.jpg

Gaius's mother needs to set clear limits on his sugar intake.  I can't imagine their dental bills.

Just now, Tolvir said:

True. But again. It's Gaius. I still don't get how he won the popularity contest for male characters in Awakening. It's Gaius. It's like if Makalov won. Really?

I don't know.  I was kinda neutral towards him, but it's hard to say why people like certain characters.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

I'm pretty sure it's not so much Corrin winning this Gauntlet as much as it is her boobs winning this Gauntlet. And maybe a dash of salt from Leo.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Time to put the chicken nuggets in the oven. What do you mean that doesn't count?

Clearly that is the main kind of sacrafices made for baby Leo.

Well, guess whose gonna tank their already decent cumulative score and joining Corrin for the curbstomp? I am~.

No but seriously, even last gauntlet when I was on Team Elise I felt the multiplier sucked, this gauntlet just solidifies it. Victories don't feel as earned as they were before considering a few people playing strategically cannot alter the behaviors of the larger casual audience who spams flags 'cause why not.

Oh well, I'm going to stop before this turns into a full blown rant.

At least I can justify my bandwagoning by saying I prefer S!Corrin's  artwork and her as a unit infinitely more than I ever will S!Gaius.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it's not so much Corrin winning this Gauntlet as much as it is her boobs winning this Gauntlet. And maybe a dash of salt from Leo.

Her boobs aren't that big, and at least they don't have underboob like Robin.

Her "damaged" pose is a bit revealing, though.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I will find it absolutely hilarious if Team Corrin ends up outnumbering Team Gaius 8.5:1 because that would mean Team Gaius would have a permanent multiplier and still never have a chance to win.

Oh, this needs to happen! The sheer depressing hilarity of a team having a permanent multiplier and getting curbstomped.

I love Gaius, but dude, I need F!Corrin to pound your mochi into oblivion. This is a possibly a once in a lifetime chance to watch this train-wreck happen. Oh, sweet agony, thy name shall be Gaius. (She's from another world, but Sakura will be there to enjoy sweets with you after you lose.)

11 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... A character being cute can only help them so much, before their actual character starts to taint that immensely. And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

Doesn't bother me. I went team Corrin because I had a feeling she was going to win. I have a much more neutral disposition to Corrin as a whole. I don't think he was as bad of a character as people say he was, just a victim of the shitty writing of Fates. If not for Avatar status and pandering, and if they were criticized a bit instead of praised, they could of been an interesting flawed lord.

I do find the popularity difference between female and male Corrin a bit annoying. Female Corrin has a far better design than male Corrin, but the fact that so many wave the bad writing of Corrin for the female version is ridiculous.

Edited by Tolvir

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Her boobs aren't that big, and at least they don't have underboob like Robin.

Her "damaged" pose is a bit revealing, though.

I think it's not the fact of whether or not they're big, but that she simply has them.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's kind of funny, but I'm actually saltier that female Corrin is going to win the gauntlet more so than Gaius getting an undeserved upset. I mean, yeah, it's unfair that he got an upset not once but twice. But female Corrin is pretty damn overrated. And yes, I hate that word, but there's no other word that fits her considering the reception compared to her male counterpart.

Then again, I hated this gauntlet to begin with so I can't say I care. Just give me my shitty feathers and my shitty gauntlet ranking and let's be done with it.

I feel this 150%...though, I'm more surprised by how Gaius had two upsets than salty, I have to say haha~ mainly because I really didn't see it coming, and am just shocked by that.

But, F!Corrin...if you like her, that's fine (for those of you on Team Corrin/those who like her character, I really don't have any hard feelings or sense of spite against you - you do you!); I, on the other hand, can't find anything really redeeming about her other than her design being cute (even in Birthright, where she was the most "okay", she still...not a fan of her characterization/plot worshipping her). So, I might just sit the last round out or join Gaius out of spite because of my dislike for F!Corrin...we'll see~ regardless of my decision, I do wish both teams luck! And, I hope that you all find a little joy that comes out of this gauntlet...even if it's just obtaining some feathers/a good rank!

33 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I will say, despite having Corrin and not Gaius, it's likely there's going to be a whole lot of multipliers. If you don't mind who you go with, and are just looking to score as high as possible, I vote Gaius. 

If, however, you want revenge, join Corrin and help trounce the team :) It's all in good fun in the end. It would be really nice to see Leo win one for once, though. He's an awesome character - one of my favourites still -.- 

Would also be nice to see  a guy win for once, too, but oh well. Saving that for Ike!

I appreciate your attitude! Would also like to see a guy win too. I'd vote for Ike.

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I think it's not the fact of whether or not they're big, but that she simply has them.

@Rezzy This mostly.

I'm on Corrin's side because

1. Dragon
  2. Dragon riding a dragon
  3. Dragon riding a dragon summoning fish
  4. Red eyes, silver hair (well, silver enough)
  5. Boobs (even if they are shaped really weirdly in her idle art)

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Time to put the chicken nuggets in the oven. What do you mean that doesn't count?

It counts.

6 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Clearly that is the main kind of sacrafices made for baby Leo.

Indeed

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Nothing wrong with having boobs

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, yes, they are a necessary organ of sorts, but it is wrong when you support a character just because she has them.

Edited by Rex Glacies

26 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I'm trying to figure out why. Gaius? Really? 

I'm also trying to figure that out....we were ahead for some time then all of a sudden we had a multiplier when i wasnt looking at the gauntlet for an hr or so....

6 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

I really just don't understand this.  Just because she has boobs she's popular? That's certainly not the case in real life.  Where's my popularity if so?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I second this. Having boobs does not make a person who they are and having them doesn't instantly make that person fan service.

Ugh...I guess I'll join Team Gaius once this round ends. I did pull a Summer Gaius while sniping colorless for Summer Frederick so I'll just use him as my bonus hero. 

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I really just don't understand this.  Just because she has boobs she's popular? That's certainly not the case in real life.  Where's my popularity if so?

Corrin's boobs are 2D, and that makes all the difference.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Imagine liking a character for their boobs alone.

oh wait

To be fair, I actually quite like Camilla, and her "assets" are a pretty minor reason... I'd like to think, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Reality does not always mirror the fandom, especially since there are so many things people would say on the Internet that they'd never dream of saying IRL. That said, there are certainly cases IRL where a man and a woman commit a crime of equal severity or worked together on the same crime, and yet people want to show more sympathy towards the woman or it's treated as less of a bad thing if a woman does it. So, like, the attitude is there.

Edited by Sunwoo

It's probably a combination of having boobs and being a "self-insert" (I use that term very loosely, as despite being called an avatar Corrin is anything but). She pulls the waifu crowd as well as the ladies who ship themselves with Fates characters through her.