Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Battle on the Beach poll!  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Hopefully next Gauntlet does away with the multiplier or really reworks the whole thing.  I hope my current score holds up for overall rank, since I don't think I'll be seeing a single multiplier once I join Team Corrin.

I'll be keeping Bridelia as my lead for now.  If anybody on Team Corrin wants someone else, just let me know.

I honestly didn't mind the 3X multiplier. It ensured the victor their title but made things interesting.  No victory bonus for me. Oh well. Time to sleep away the multiplier pain.

Edited by Anime27Arts

Welp, it's over. I did manage a spot in the top 1K (#944) even without having Summer!Leo, so there's that I guess. It was a fun ride, my fellow Leo peeps.

So, should I go Corrin or Gaius? I honestly don't have a strong preference for either of them.

My sincere condolences to Team Leo. 

I wasn't keen on the time inflating multiplier before and now? Even less so, as in very much less so.

Hm...should I...?

Yes. Yes, I believe I shall:

Ilia = For_Leo!

For the remainder of Round 3 For_Leo! will be my usernameI'll set my regular Leo as the lead. I may not have been on Team Leo this Gauntlet but damnit, I don't forget my past allegiances.

As for the topic of Corrin, I like them well enough personally, it's not like I don't see the plot throwing the idiot ball at them, but I ultimately don't hold that against Corrin, instead I'm more critical against the one who tossed the ball in the first place, the main plot's writer.

In terms of preferring F! or M!Corrin, I'll admit to preferring F!Corrin's design & what minor differences in personality she has to M!Corrin. 

As in when I look collectively at the supports that differs between them (S-Supports & Gunter/Yukimura/Flora etc) I found that I generally like F!Corrin's versions more. As far as the main plot goes there are a select few lines in the plot that are slightly different, enough for me to read a more subdued tone from M!Corrin, and a more haughtier tone from F!Corrin. Anyway, that's my 2'cs on the matter. And it's 06:00 am over here and I'm so sleepy, apologies if I'm rambly and incoherent.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Welp, it's over. I did manage a spot in the top 1K (#944) even without having Summer!Leo, so there's that I guess. It was a fun ride, my fellow Leo peeps.

So, should I go Corrin or Gaius? I honestly don't have a strong preference for either of them.

go team Gaius he probably needs more support than Corrin
It might be fun seeing how far he can go after all this
also more feathers if thats your kind of thing

obviously up to you though go with whoever you feel like supporting more

For some reason I feel like robed lol

Oh well, gonna go with Gaius because Awakening husbando even if I know that he is going to lost the poor guy

IntSys can I have a free 1* Summer!Leo as a consolation price :(???

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

As a rule, you should never being trying to not do well.

If only one could control and conduct their legions of players on a given team, then it'd be a fairer game of risk. Rally too much, and you get burned by the rubber band, rally too little, and you stampeded on by the rival. Leaders would have to determine when to pull back, and when to push forward, mistime things and you'd suffer. 

But because most players presumably play without being in contact with other players and don't understand how things work, there can be no team control, and thus it's impossible to control the multiplier and work strategically around it.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Not too mention Eliwood and Hector look way older than 37 in FE6.  I hope I look better than that in 6 years.

30 or above in a JRPG? You. Are. Old!

You don't even need to be 30 even to look way too old, Bastian is approximately 27 in RD. Although many of the other RD senior characters like Tauroneo have more appropriate ages for their appearances- why'd they make Bastian so young, I don't know.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

MEGA MILK?

She could feed all the orphans in Nohr and still have enough left for Corrin! (She insists they continue to partake of her supply all these years later- they're still growing she says.)

Wooo, got 2100 feathers despite not having a Leo. Also Rank 12,456 at Team Robin, so 1300 is decent.

Welp, guess I'll join Gaius in the hopeless battle against bikinis for the feathers (not sure if the extra 500 for winning is worth the ranking hell of such a big group).

My IDs are: 3013825616 (Shen) and 0945856578 (Kensei)

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

It's kind of funny, but I'm actually saltier that female Corrin is going to win the gauntlet more so than Gaius getting an undeserved upset. I mean, yeah, it's unfair that he got an upset not once but twice. But female Corrin is pretty damn overrated. And yes, I hate that word, but there's no other word that fits her considering the reception compared to her male counterpart.

Then again, I hated this gauntlet to begin with so I can't say I care. Just give me my shitty feathers and my shitty gauntlet ranking and let's be done with it.

Prior to the Gauntlet, what exactly was so bad about it?

1 hour ago, Frenzify said:

I've been trying to restrain my salt, but good God yes! If this was male Corrin, the exact same terrible character, I cannot for the life of me imagine he would be anywhere near as popular. At least Robin didn't behave so annoyingly stupidly and naïvely in Awakening... A character being cute can only help them so much, before their actual character starts to taint that immensely. And with that one comment time to put the lid back on that salt, because I can go on and on about how much I do not like her... Sorry Team Corrin. I'll try not to be so negative about her... but when if she wins the whole thing, I'm not making any promises.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I may not like Corrin personally myself, but I'd be far more understanding if both Corrins were (about) equally popular. But the fact that female Corrin is so much more popular despite the two being identical characters is ... uh, questionable and I'm just going to leave it at that.

EDIT: Anacybele, it's not so much that Corrin is written okay in one path, but that male and female Corrin are literally THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER and design alone shouldn't justify one gender being so much more popular when they're the same shitty character.

I don't think I'll ever understand that concept alone. People gave response to this but all of them just said "Good Design", but to make that much difference? Are you serious?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it's not so much Corrin winning this Gauntlet as much as it is her boobs winning this Gauntlet. And maybe a dash of salt from Leo.

& What, Robin & Tiki doesn't have those either? They're all in their swimsuits man.

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

Doesn't bother me. I went team Corrin because I had a feeling she was going to win. I have a much more neutral disposition to Corrin as a whole. I don't think he was as bad of a character as people say he was, just a victim of the shitty writing of Fates. If not for Avatar status and pandering, and if they were criticized a bit instead of praised, they could of been an interesting flawed lord.

I do find the popularity difference between female and male Corrin a bit annoying. Female Corrin has a far better design than male Corrin, but the fact that so many wave the bad writing of Corrin for the female version is ridiculous.

That alone sounds a lot more civilize than it should & for that you have my earnest respect.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Imagine liking a character for their boobs alone.

oh wait

Depends what kind of series it actually is.

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I sympathize with Camilla. I can see that how her character is portrayed has to do with how she was brought up, and how it affected her. 

Well said. 

Well this certainly rare, nice to see someone who actually likes Camilla, characterization & all.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

That's actually a justification for liking Camilla that I can accept. I would probably have not disliked her if they toned down her fanservice and incestous undertones and focused more on her adoptive mom part of her personality.

The whole "I'm joining Nohr for boobs" thing in the fandom when fates was first announced was really annoying. Like, how can people be so shallow?

Because some reasons don't need to deep? Not every complex question can't be answer with a simple one.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

.........Huh? Oh, sorry. I suppose I'm still too despondent to add anything meaningful to this discussion. All I have to say is that people care WAY too much about the character and story elements of freaking video games. That's just me though.

Weren't you that guy who call Robin a mary sue?

56 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Boobs are great tho

Fanservice is not

Time & place for everything, especially when it comes to timing.

I'm also going to assume this complaint applies to male as well?

52 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Well, he is a thief, after all. Stealing is his job :P

Well played, good sir.   :P:

Edited by Zangetsu

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Every complaint that I have and likes/dislikes about a person applies equally to male and female, as I despise double standards

Well that certainly rare, but well said.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Weren't that guy who call Robin a mary sue?

I don't recall ever calling Robin, or any character for that matter, a Mary Sue here on SF. Even if they are one, I wouldn't give a damn.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Did Gaius win his bracket? I wasn’t following this.

Yup, he did.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

2,100+500 feathers for rank 4,056 in Team Corrin.

Did Gaius win his bracket? I wasn’t following this.

Yes I believe so. I was Team Leo and wasn't awarded winning feathers so I assume that Gaius won our bracket.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't recall ever calling Robin, or any character for that matter, a Mary Sue here on SF. Even if they are one, I wouldn't give a damn.

Yup, he did.

My bad, could've sworn it was guy with a Leo avatar.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup, he did.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

Yes I believe so. I was Team Leo and wasn't awarded winning feathers so I assume that Gaius won our bracket.

I would have preferred Leo. Oh well, go Corrin.