Special Heroes - Nohrian Summer

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The fliers gauntlet also had Camilla and Hinoka. Whenever a Hoshidan shows up in a gauntlet, their corresponding Nohrian counterpart just - has - to show up as well ... while Nohrians have been in gauntlets without their Hoshidan counterparts.

Well in that gauntlet, there were no other wyverns they could choose to make up a team of 4, Camilla was the last one. Unless they wanted to dip into GHB with Narcian and Michalis (whom I don't think was obtainable at this point?). That's never been done before, but seeing as how this new gauntlet is all seasonals, it's not out of the question to see all kinds of rule-breaking then and now.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too fond of any of these characters and with the upcoming potential SS banner I'm inclined to save my orbs, but infantry pulse is very, very tempting 

Edited by Korath88

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm not saying they were factually incorrect, though. This whole thing just reminds me of the rabid Ike fanboys crying every time a banner wasn't Ike.

It definitely isn't exaggerated either. People want what they like and it's not helping that it only goes towards the opposite. And you're at most going off of like five or so people who prefer Hoshido, and saying it's exaggerated, when an amount of these people aren't super aggressive about it.

If we count all the banners (excluding F!Corrins, Azura and Felica), then the Nohrs only have 3 more banner representations than the Hoshido before this one that brings it to the total of 6 (I won't count F!Corrin until they release Nohrian Azura). If they do create Gauntlet Banners, it will go up to 9.

Either way, I don't think it is much of an issue since we have plenty of new banners ahead of us. The game is still very young.

Move over, flier emblem and horse emblem! Infantry emblem is coming! Wait, that's just normal fire emblem heroes team, isn't it?

Anyway, I would love to have a flying mage. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Camilla, so I welcome beach Corrin. Xander would be cool as well but most of all I want Leo. Even if his skills aren't all that special, I like the way he looks.

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

This banner is a textbook example of how to test my self-control =P ...

I tested my self-control during the Easter Banner. I succeeded and I deeply regretted it afterwards; I missed out on S!Camilla. Achieving self control is a Pyrrhic victory, do not make that mistake. Hopefully, I will get her next year.

I sold my soul for B!Cordelia and I was happy.

I will sell my happiness for S!Corrin since I have no soul left.

Am I the only one that realizes that we have TWO special versions of Xander? And because of that he uses the entire weapon triangle. His base version uses swords, his spring version uses lances, and now his summer version uses axes! Un-freaking-believable!

+Def/-HP Xander ruined my pity rate but I did manage to get a +HP/-Atk Elise. Looks like Cecilia's SP grind has just gotten easier before I even get the feathers for her 5* promotion.

Summer Corrin's main perk over Spring Camilla is that she's faster. Otherwise, Spring Camilla has Summer Corrin beat in pretty much every other stat besides Res. No surprise if Summer Corrin's going to become the Olwen for Flier Emblem.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

+Def/-HP Xander ruined my pity rate but I did manage to get a +HP/-Atk Elise. Looks like Cecilia's SP grind has just gotten easier before I even get the feathers for her 5* promotion.

Summer Corrin's main perk over Spring Camilla is that she's faster. Otherwise, Spring Camilla has Summer Corrin beat in pretty much every other stat besides Res. No surprise if Summer Corrin's going to become the Olwen for Flier Emblem.

discount?

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

discount?

Not really - she still needs a lot of investment to be the flier equivalent of Olwen: Blarblade+, Desperation, preferably be +Spd, Life and Death...

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Not really - she still needs a lot of investment to be the flier equivalent of Olwen: Blarblade+, Desperation, preferably be +Spd, Life and Death...

I mean basically is Summer Corrin be like discount Spring Camilla like Olwen is basically discount Reinhardt?

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean basically is Summer Corrin be like discount Spring Camilla like Olwen is basically discount Reinhardt?

Well, Summer Corrin can play a similar role to Spring Camilla (Bladetome nuke) in a Flier Emblem team, just blue instead of green.

Also neutral stats:

Summer Corrin: 34/31/34/22/26

Spring Camilla: 39/35/25/30/19

3 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Well, Summer Corrin can play a similar role to Spring Camilla (Bladetome nuke) in a Flier Emblem team, just blue instead of green.

Also neutral stats:

Summer Corrin: 34/31/34/22/26

Spring Camilla: 39/35/25/30/19

*sees spd stat* But Corrin has more spd and in this game spd is more important than high def . 

Also Summer Elise has 36/34 offense strrat but Nino has 33/36? WHich is better? 

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Nino, especially if she's +Spd. Bladetome will give her plenty of attack power and with Desperation, Nino can nuke more units. If your Nino is -Spd and your Elise is neutral or +Spd though, use Elise instead.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Not really in any sense of the word (on both cases, actually).

Corrin also has monstrous Spd (34 on a flier is equivalent to 36 on an infantry), which matters more to Litrblade than Atk (unless your Atk is as pathetically low as Odin's). If anything, Corrin has the better stat spread and the better color.

Olwen and Reinhardt only really share the similarity of having the same default weapon. Reinhardt has more immediate power, making him easier for the AI to control, but Olwen has better overall match-ups when comparing both of them in optimal player-controlled conditions (Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry, Olwen with Hone Cavalry and Desperation active).

If they had Camilla, I'd go whaling.
Elise seems good and Flyer Corrin is interesting but I dont have the components to make Flier Emblem.

I'm saving my orbs for Hero Fest Ninian and CYL Lyn (whenever that is).

23 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Not at all!

Olwen can be made to be a very strong Blade tome user (Hone Cavalry = +18 damage with Blarblade!!!), or to quad opponents with Dire Thunder (with Life and Death + Hone Cavalry). Reinhardt is limited to basically his Dire Thunder thanks to his low speed.

Olwen is suited to rather different builds than Reinhardt because of her significantly lower attack but significantly higher speed. From what I hear from people who used Olwen, she's just as good if not better than Reinhardt.

Nice to see they finally made the Tomato Tome happen, although surprised it wasn't for a Halloween Vampire Leo.

Also hilarious to see they made the Lilith toy a weapon from the Fates DLC.

Corrin's probably the one I'll have to hunt for if I had more orbs, since flying mages are (annoyingly) limited. Wonder how a Blarraven Summer Corrin will do to fight against archers.. 

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

If they had Camilla, I'd go whaling.
Elise seems good and Flyer Corrin is interesting but I dont have the components to make Flier Emblem.

I'm saving my orbs for Hero Fest Ninian and CYL Lyn (whenever that is).

Not at all!

Olwen can be made to be a very strong Blade tome user (Hone Cavalry = +18 damage with Blarblade!!!), or to quad opponents with Dire Thunder (with Life and Death + Hone Cavalry). Reinhardt is limited to basically his Dire Thunder thanks to his low speed.

Olwen is suited to rather different builds than Reinhardt because of her significantly lower attack but significantly higher speed. From what I hear from people who used Olwen, she's just as good if not better than Reinhardt.

The only difference in their build is like a single skill and buff requirement tbh

3 hours ago, JSND said:

The only difference in their build is like a single skill and buff requirement tbh

Rein ideally wants Death Blow, Olwen would want Life and Death so she can double. And then Dire Thunder vs Blarblade+.

I guess the point is, they work out a bit differently and Olwen isn't really inferior.

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

S!Camilla has the better spread to run a TA/Raven set, but I think S!Corrin is the best flying blade user. Sure she has 4 less Atk, but she has 9 more spd than Camilla, which means that a +Spd Blarblade Corrin buffed by Hone and Fortify Fliers will have 74 Atk and 43 Spd (compare to +Spd Blarblade Linde and Olwen who hits 68/43 and 69/43 respectively)

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

*sees spd stat* But Corrin has more spd and in this game spd is more important than high def . 

I think Elise is in a weird spot. She's a really good unit, but she kinda loses out to the current top green infantry mages, Nino and Julia. She has more atk than Nino, but her lesser speed means Nino will be the better a Gronnblade user. Meanwhile, she has 1 more Atk point and 8 more Spd point than Julia, her lower magical bulk(4 less HP and 7 less Res) means she can't handle Reinhardt as well.

Kinda the same thing for Xander and Leo really, Xander is literally Tiki with less Atk and Res and more HP and Def and Leo is pretty similar to Katarina, but he exchanges 7 Spd for 3 HP, 3 Res and 1 Def, which isn't worth it IMO. He also got the short end of the stick in regards to skills since he comes with no new skills, which makes him an oddity among seasonal units since every other had at least one new skills.

These summer weapons are also inferior to the ones in the previous banner. I guess they could have some use on Flier/Horse teams since with goad, the units would have a +5 Atk/Spd aura, but they're far from the optimal weapon. 

Probably will only pull blue and green from this banner. Blue for Corrin herself and green because G tome valor on Elise and Infantry Pulse on Xander are pretty valuable skills.