Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

What I've learned is never to disregard your character's boon, even if the bane isn't optimal you can create entire builds of units based on their boon even if it isn't ATK or SPD. My Lute is +RES/-ATK but with Fury that's 40 RES. Slap Guard on her and she's an instant Reinhardt Check.

How coincidence, I have Lute with that same IV too. I only have Bluetome breaker to normally duel speedy blue mage and act like tripple ploy bot. It's good idea to have Guard on her but I don't have feather to spare for her now.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg i did it o.o This was the most unorthodox out of the box thinking setup lol, so much Miracly Martyr+ and Reciprocal Aid shit going on lol

Anyway Valter Infernal vs Askrtrio and Azama with all Quests done (-1)

Note i do think this is doable with an Azama 5 Star +0, however he needs to be +Def/-Atk nature and you might wanna change Savage blow out for a DEF+ Seal. The AI might react differently tough.

Enjoy!

I was dreading the return of this one since I barely managed to clear this infernal during it's initial debut with a regular party. I was fortunate enough to have acquired a bunch of broken fancy skills(and two 4* Caedas to use for merges) from the hero fest banner which opened the way to victory for my silly self-hard mode meme team . It was still a tough battle though. orz

Units

Spoiler

ghbvalter_units.thumb.jpg.87946778fe5dac1f2c3aded332fc3953.jpg

Video

Spoiler

Edited by donkeykhang

10 hours ago, Clogon said:

You can beat it with Cav pretty easily especially since Rein destroys reds and blues. I used him, Cecilia and Xander+Azura. Now with Bow Lyn, it will be even easier.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply that only fliers can manage it, just that one of the big challenges of the map was the limitations imposed by the terrain.

omg, this took me forever. i didn't want to promote my 4* valter, so the valter mission was super annoying. infernal was easier, although still took too long. my infernal team was 5* ninian (w/ escape route and upgraded weapon), klein, blyn (w/ reposition), and 4* olivia (w/ merges). glad that's finally done!

You know who sucks at time management? Yours truly does! I only just got to watching the amazing videos concocted by all the amazing people here.

@Hilda’s BGM was the best. The hectic yet planned RecAid+Martyr action was a sight to behold, and of course Sharena did the final blow, as it must be.

@Zeo’s Matthew deserves utmost respect. I love Ignis, and Inigo tanking a Luna with his face like a champ was pretty much the crowning moment of awesome for the video.

@DefaultBeep’s Clarisse is a thing of beauty. Also Expedition as a BGM is perfect for a piece starring Clarisse. I love how in the beginning she just walks up and murders Valter.

Lunatic with 4* Valter using Klein and 2 dancers took longer than I admitted. I used Axura for her weapon boosts and Skyzura for her flier mobility. Klein just didn't have the attacking power of Bridelia, so I ended up having to experiment with breakers, replacing his Swordbreaker with Axebreaker, before finally settling with lancebreaker so he can ORKO the Firesweep lancer at the start.

Valter did some tanking against the top red flier though so he wasn't totally useless.

Man this was tough completing the quests lemme tell ya!

• MVP was definitely my L! Ike he tanks literally everything on this map well except the firesweep lancers

• Also Fjorm does quite a bit of work

• and sincerely, rip my stamina potions for the amount of retries on strategies

6 hours ago, donkeykhang said:

I stumbled on this "only 1* Felicia attacks" clear on twitter. It's quite the feat.

Something about a sped up Felicia Astra amuses me; the rapid thrown daggers.

That's astonishing and hilarious in the same time. 

8 hours ago, donkeykhang said:

I stumbled on this "only 1* Felicia attacks" clear on twitter. It's quite the feat.

Something about a sped up Felicia Astra amuses me; the rapid thrown daggers.

That's a nice find and amusing as well.

@Zeo Yeah, Clarisse admittedly was helpful here for her class alone, especially with the CYL Lucina buffs near her. Though even then, there were a lot of fliers that were huge struggles to one-shot in time; there was one particular flier at the top left of the screen that took a lot of stamina to figure out a good plan and positioning to kill in one shot, until I finally tried giving Ninian the Spur Atk 1 Seal and had her dance in just the right place, which ended up being exactly enough to kill. But I can't deny that Valter is far less of a threat with an archer, haha.

But dang... that was a tense and awesome clear yourself! Very impressive that you found a way to do it all with such limited positioning, and without Summoner Support as well! It's a great showing of how well your team synergizes with one another; everyone had a role to play in this, and it ended up being enough to take the map down. Inigo tanking Valter was an especially surprising thing to be honest, I wasn't expecting him to take so little damage, even with his skillset.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:40 PM, mcsilas said:

Nice! I always enjoy when units use the skills/weapons they have naturally. Great use of Escape Route Ninian as well! 

Agreed, I started feeling a bit dirty for using a Brave Build for Clarisse all the time, so I wanted to try something more fun and personal to her. The Escape Route thing was an interesting discovery for me; I was using PA Azura for my first few attempts, but I realized that she couldn't use Wings of Mercy often (especially since I have no Cains to give her anything further than WoM1 right now), while her health kept dropping below half consistently early. So I switched to Ninian because... I didn't have any Escape Route fodder around, haha. And by what I'm realizing is a great stroke of luck, a -Def +0 Ninian with no refine has exactly the right stats to drop into ER range in that one hit! For once, I'm happy to have a -Def Ninian.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:49 AM, Vaximillian said:

@DefaultBeep’s Clarisse is a thing of beauty. Also Expedition as a BGM is perfect for a piece starring Clarisse. I love how in the beginning she just walks up and murders Valter.

Thanks! I love the NM soundtrack, so it was actually a little hard to pick just one track to use, haha. I almost picked "Endless Battle", because of all the reinforcements... but I think I'll save that one for Legion's rerun, heh. Valter really is a kinda pathetic enemy on this map with an archer, although even then, I had more trouble killing many of the other fliers than I did with killing him.

That Felicia clear is absolutely bonkers. Loved the sound effects too.

As for me, I finally managed Infernal after maybe 10 tries. Absolutely brutal thanks to all of the fliers and the terrain messing up my usual infantry-Reposition shenanigans.

1. Michalis+2: Hauteclere w. special upgrade, Reposition, Bonfire; Iote's Shield, Lancebreaker 3, Goad Fliers; Close Def 3 seal
  2. +Atk/-HP Elincia: Amiti, Reposition, Draconic Aura; Death Blow 3, Flier Formation 3, Goad Fliers; Atk+3 seal
  3. +HP/-Def B!Lyn: Mulagir, Swap, Draconic Aura; Swift Sparrow 3, Sacae's Blessing, Atk Smoke 3; Distant Def 2 seal
  4. B!Lucina+2: Geirskogul, Reposition, Aether; Sturdy Blow 3, Vantage 3, Drive Spd 2; Hone Spd 3 seal

Unfortunately I had to sacrifice my traditions of always using Julia and not using Brave Lyn, but at least I didn't need any dancers. Elincia really saved my bacon here. Quad-strikes with 64 base Attack? Yes please.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:05 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Got the Sharena part, and doing the infantry only one on Lunatic took me a stamina pot's worth of tries to get right with Brave Lance Oboro, Ike, Parthia Jeorge and Azura.

Anyone want to do that on Infernal lol? Without Brave Bow.  Normal Bows or Prf Bows are free game.

This one was really tough, but here's my attempt.  Plus I get to try out Felicia's Plate \o/

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wtf you already have it set up. Nice run! Unfortunately got a bit of thunder stolen by that 1* Felicia, heh.

Yep, had all the stuff ready before the update. Thanks! yeah, but it's alright

Edited by Fei Mao

The quests were tricky. For the Valter and Sharena clears, I ended up pairing each of them with part of Team Flying Death Princesses, which worked great for Valter but took a few attempts to figure out how to get Sharena to actually get the kill.

For the infantry clear, I used Masked Marth, Micaiah, Performer Azura, and New Year's Corrin. Took a while to sort out, but worked eventually.

This was the very first GHB I could beat on infernal. It was defintely the easiest map because it was an outdoor map, so terrainfriendly towards horses. Brave Lyn was the key to success.

Unfortunately I couldn't beat Valter with Valter because he was too weak while the others were too strong (ORKO'ed him). 

However beating him on highest difficulty and getting all the extra rewards except for one is pretty good for me.