Scorched Grand Hero Battle: Valter, the Moonstone

SatsumaFSoysoy

@NegativeExponents- Nice one! No need to catch up, I couldn't do a one-turn clear of Valters map yet (need GF fodder for Oscar). 

Aside from the close moments (100% kill by Leon, your units in very low health for example) I liked Leon with Close Counter, I never saw one in arena with that set. 

You know I like Galeforce moments and Lyn is nice to watch in action, since I don't have her sword variant. 

Brave Ike is the perfect opener for this map, I think I had him in my first clear as well. Good idea with Axe Breaker though. Usually QR is better, but breakers have lower HP requirements. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mampfoid Yeah I guess there’s no need but I want to be up to date. I was actually wondering about your clear since I remembered you said you had a solution. It’s nice to know you just need galeforce.

I found out the hard way that Leon was not able to ohko the fliers. The set isn’t particularly special, aside from Close Counter, but it gets the job done more often than not.

Understandable. Galeforce is pretty fun and Lyn is not a common sight.

There’s just something satisfying about seeing most of the enemies pile up on one unit and see him come out alive with almost full health.

@NegativeExponents- Lyn is certainly uncommon. I wish she could be merged without whaling. Galeforce is not a skill I would use on her since her ATK just isn't there but you made it work. 

The beginning of the clear was pretty much what I did with B!Ike for my lunatic water clear, I doubt I would have had the same success on infernal though. Your team's synergy was butter here. It actually reminded me of my old Valter clear, how clean it was and everyone had a key role. I'm also going to say I know you're not into merges but Florina looks like she'd really love them. You put a lot of love into her, she'd be a death machine at +10.

@Zeo I also don’t think galeforce is exactly the greatest on her either but it gives me more results than glimmer or moonbow since they do too little and her stats are don’t make good use of bonfire/iceberg/draconic aura. The other attacking specials would not have activated so they are a no go in this case. Ayra’s special would be stupendous on her but well it’s exclusive. She appreciates the extra chance to either attack again or escape more than anything else.

This team does have well synergy. Between a flying res tank, speed lord with decent attack, self sustainable wall, and an archer that hits like a truck, there’s little that they can’t do. Multiple armors would give them trouble though.

I’m actually interested in giving Florina some merges but I’ll wait on it. I wouldn’t want anyone thinking that she couldn’t get the job done if she wasn’t heavily merged.

@NegativeExponents- Lyn is one of those characters that really wants/needs Wrath. It's quite literally her perfect B skill. Sadly even after getting to a 4.50% rate I acquired 0 Wrath fodder and exactly 1 Steady Breath fodder. Without it her damage output simply isn't there and she really wants special damage.

20 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This team does have well synergy. Between a flying res tank, speed lord with decent attack, self sustainable wall, and an archer that hits like a truck, there’s little that they can’t do. Multiple armors would give them trouble though.

A flying RES tank would be great, but even still between Shanna, Est and Florina, I don't love any of them enough (even if I kinda like Florina) to give them my DC. What irks me is that I want to give it to Lukas even though he's got probably the lowest RES of the lances. Somehow he gets more kills though... I may commit to Berkut's Lance+ after all, even if it's only a ceiling of 35-38 RES...

20 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m actually interested in giving Florina some merges but I’ll wait on it. I wouldn’t want anyone thinking that she couldn’t get the job done if she wasn’t heavily merged.

That's the exact reason why I didn't give Matthew Summoner Support in the beginning. I wanted to prove he was a decent unit even though he's at the bottom of basically everyone's list. After a few videos showcasing him without it and at lower merges however, I just went ahead and did it anyways. Eventually you'll feel the same way. You've proven she can put in work without them. To me anyways.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- Lyn is one of those characters that really wants/needs Wrath. It's quite literally her perfect B skill. Sadly even after getting to a 4.50% rate I acquired 0 Wrath fodder and exactly 1 Steady Breath fodder. Without it her damage output simply isn't there and she really wants special damage.

It really is. It fits perfectly with her style of relying on hp thresholds to activate multiple skills at once. But like you, I also don’t have a single wrath fodder for her.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

A flying RES tank would be great, but even still between Shanna, Est and Florina, I don't love any of them enough (even if I kinda like Florina) to give them my DC. What irks me is that I want to give it to Lukas even though he's got probably the lowest RES of the lances. Somehow he gets more kills though... I may commit to Berkut's Lance+ after all, even if it's only a ceiling of 35-38 RES...

Shanna and Est can work well without DC. I guess it is a bit underwhelming not being able to kill the mage. Out of curiosity which flier would you want to build up? I mean assuming they were in the game.

38 res is still pretty good res and he has the hp to boot. I’d say he’s perfectly capable of taking magic attacks as long as it’s not green.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

That's the exact reason why I didn't give Matthew Summoner Support in the beginning. I wanted to prove he was a decent unit even though he's at the bottom of basically everyone's list. After a few videos showcasing him without it and at lower merges however, I just went ahead and did it anyways. Eventually you'll feel the same way. You've proven she can put in work without them. To me anyways.

That’s sweet of you! And Matthew has no place in the bottom of any list. One day I’ll do it and take on the world with her :Florina: Just not now.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It really is. It fits perfectly with her style of relying on hp thresholds to activate multiple skills at once. But like you, I also don’t have a single wrath fodder for her.

See... this is why Edward (my favorite FE10 character) needs to be added and bring Wrath with him. Though... he probably wouldn't be demoted... and even if he did I like him more than Chrom and it's a good chance I'd want to +10 him.

There's no way they'd *4 a unit with Wrath though, even if it was locked to *5. With the new ways to farm HM, everyone would be running around with Wrath on their units.

Shanna and Est can work well without DC. I guess it is a bit underwhelming not being able to kill the mage. Out of curiosity which flier would you want to build up? I mean assuming they were in the game.

Ideally I'd build a Tana since she's the flier I always built up from playing FE8, but she's *5 locked of course. Est wants an offensive Brave Lance build so she would be easy to make. Between Shanna and Florina it's hard to say, Shanna's got flat out better offense and she could take a +RES boon to have RES on par with Florina, but I kinda have attachment to the latter from FE7. Palla is too meh, Beruka doesn't appeal to me and too much is attached to Camilla for me to put investment into her of that level.

Ultimately though I'd probably build a Cordelia. Even without playing Awakening she appeals to me. I like her, her art is decent enough and her offense is superb. Also Galeforce is super fun and she comes with it for free. If we were talking fliers not in the game I'd be tempted to build... Miledy/Zeiss (FE6), Farina (FE7) & Haar (FE9/10). Jill (FE9-10) to a lesser extent.

38 res is still pretty good res and he has the hp to boot. I’d say he’s perfectly capable of taking magic attacks as long as it’s not green.

I don't get it... I'm running the numbers and he's better... Lukas with the DC Berkut's Lance+ build is superior to every other (*3-*4) blue lance unit with the same build except Vengeful Fighter Effie. His base RES is trash... It just doesn't compute. He has better physical coverage sure but... I mean wow. I'm leaning toward the build for him... I really might do it.

That’s sweet of you! And Matthew has no place in the bottom of any list. One day I’ll do it and take on the world with her :Florina: Just not now.

It's a conversation worth having, just not one I have time for with those Gamepedia/Gamepress folk. And yeah, you do your thing. I can't wait to see that Florina with some merges dropped on to her. She'll be death on wings. At least to anything with magic.

Edited by Zeo

@NegativeExponents- @Zeo @LordFrigid @mcsilas @DLNarshen @tobuShogi @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams

Finally, Valter in one turn:

I had to wait long for a Cordelia to give Oscar Galeforce. Oscar needed LnD3 to chip enough of the Knight. Cordelia needed Ally Support with Oscar to survive Valters Luna, to double Valter and to finish that Sword Knight. 

Roy needed exactly 62 ATK, with more he would have killed the Axe Peg in one hit without proc'ing GF. With less ATK he wouldn't have killed the Archer. 

@LordFrigid Hey, thanks. I'm a little proud of this, because I had to be patient for so long before to solve it. 

I was sure Cordelia would need Ally S to finish the Armor until I saw Roy had only Hone ATK 2 equipped. 

Cherche doesn't have Savage Blow, out of my GF team only Roy got it (but he couldn't equip it here). 

I was curious how you would solve the Wary Fighter dilemma here, I should consider Brash Assault more often. Great solve as well, congratulations! It's really cool to see how someone else solves the same thing in a different and original way. 

@mampfoid Been waiting to see that Oscar, and I see he's got LnD3 already! Watching that counter go from 4 to zero was beautiful when he attacked. Seeing units survive attacks with single digit HP is always satisfying. Your Galeforce army is growing more and more by the day. Makes me want to give Galeforce to Raven. Impeccable as always.

@Zeo Thanks! Oscar went with Astra and LnD2 for too long. It's still only 5 GF units, but also the other helpers are very important (WoM dancers, debuffers, DC units and now ranged units as well). 

Raven seems a very good pick for GF, even if Titania and Minerva are slightly in front of him in my queue - just because of their movement type. 

@DLNarshen I needed a second GF Cav besides Roy for Zephiel and a second blue GF unit besides Cordelia for Valter. The choice was between Oscar and Peri, with Oscar having the better nature (+SPD). Ally support was necessary only for this map here, but it's relatively fast grinded during TTs. 

@mampfoid Nice! Clearing Infernal Valter in 1 turn must be REALLY satisfying!

Great use of Oscar, I don't see him too often so it's nice he debuts really well. Nice Quad Brave Lance there.

And Cordelia surviving with 1 HP again!

Intersting bit about Roy's damage, too. This has really been executed perfectly and precisely!

@mcsilas Thanks. Yeah, it's satisfying to solve the riddle this map gave me and to have nearly cleared the second GHB rotation (I hope there will be a third soon). I'm missing only Zephiel, but Oscar will help me also there tomorrow. It'll be my first clear without any of my core team, not even Elincia will show up. 

The way I took care of the Archer and the green peg made it necessary for Roy to have exactly this ATK value, but there are also other solutions (see @LordFrigids clear). I just couldn't give anyone (except Ursula) savage blow to chip down the Archer and perhaps the Sword Knight. 

@mampfoid Great one! I knew Oscar would be there but Ursula too? That was definitely a welcomed surprise. Never expected to see her used by anyone really. Living life on the edge between barely surviving and killing enemies. So precise and calculated. Definitely worth the wait.

Thanks to my pulling legendary heroes this week I was able to finish all the quests and I beat infernal as well, don't ask my teams because I forget exactly what teams I used.  I am just happy I knocked out those quests.

@mampfoid @Zeo @DefyingFates

This GHB is as unforgiving as I remember. This clear took 30+ tries because just moving differently 1 tile is enough to get swarmed, it really makes one happy that GHB no longer cost stamina. Turns out the Wo Dao was the best choice here with all the Panic Ploy going around and also because it gives more Hp than Sieglinde. Cordelia getting the last kill was because the video was quite long already and giving the kill to Eirika would've taken another 5 turns while Wrath charged Aether also my patience died after failing 30+ times just because I moved left instead of up and the like

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@mampfoid @Zeo @DefyingFates

This GHB is as unforgiving as I remember. This clear took 30+ tries because just moving differently 1 tile is enough to get swarmed, it really makes one happy that GHB no longer cost stamina. Turns out the Wo Dao was the best choice here with all the Panic Ploy going around and also because it gives more Hp than Sieglinde. Cordelia getting the last kill was because the video was quite long already and giving the kill to Eirika would've taken another 5 turns while Wrath charged Aether also my patience died after failing 30+ times just because I moved left instead of up and the like

You do not disappoint. Wow!!

By the way, have you done Legion's GHB?

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

You do not disappoint. Wow!!

By the way, have you done Legion's GHB?

Thanks! I tried it a few days ago but I was kinda busy and didn't had enough time to create a good strategy for it (Eirika can certainly solo it, it's positioning the others in safe spots what makes it extra hard). I'll give it a shot next time it's available

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Alexmender I forgot how many opponents can pile up in this map. Eirika tanking both mages was the closest thing, congratulations. Nice use of Guidance, it's a shame I've never used it myself so far. 

Thanks! That clutch moment was why Wo Dao>Sieglinde here (I died 3 times before noticing haha). Guidance is a pretty fun skill, I've been using it since Tana's release and it hasn't let me down so far.

@Alexmender Extremely clutch. Might have taken a lot of tries but you pulled it off. Don't even get me started into how many times it took me to beat it with my team. But the achievement was worth it, I hope it was the same for you. Everything else will probably seem easy after clearing this one.

Figured you'd go with Wo Dao+ since Panic Ploy runs rampant here, turns out I was right.

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Alexmender Extremely clutch. Might have taken a lot of tries but you pulled it off. Don't even get me started into how many times it took me to beat it with my team. But the achievement was worth it, I hope it was the same for you. Everything else will probably seem easy after clearing this one.

Figured you'd go with Wo Dao+ since Panic Ploy runs rampant here, turns out I was right.

Thanks! Yeah, after all the failure trying to figure it out it really makes me feel proud that I was able to (mostly) solo this with my Eirika. Now I just need to figure out Legion's GHB and I'll feel fulfilled. 

It would've been nice to use the full Tactics team with Sieglinde but that would've forced me to use Cordelia to kill a few more things so it would've gone against the solo, although you can say I broke that at the end by making her kill the armor haha.

Edited by Alexmender