Warriors Discord: Its live! Link in the OP

Jedi

I now have a bit of experience running discord servers, and I was wondering if anyone would be potentially interested in a Warriors one down the line? (not entirely sure when I'd be making it it vastly depends on interest). 

I'm kind of nervous though of running a potentially big server because i've only really been in ones with close friends on sf haha, but I felt i'd pitch this.

It would be focused on FE Warriors, but would also have several channels of discussion on other Warriors games, HW, DW, SW etc. 

Along with the typical music, anime, general gaming, etc channels. Could also probably help me with FE Warriors content when we get the actual game since I do plan on doing a series of videos.

Edited by Jedi

Glad to see theres some interest! Thanks, i'll start working on the server since theres some, but if there isn't more @Lord Raven has offered that we can just have a dedicated channel in his SF - Smash server too. 

Oh, I'd love to join! I'm gonna need a place to get my fix on talking about my thoughts on Freddy and Ryoma and anyone else I enjoy using anyway. XD

I also plan to do at least one video on Frederick, especially if we don't see much of him in the long run before release. But I'd have to find a new video-making software first. I no longer have Windows Essentials, which included Movie Maker, due to Photo Gallery getting corrupted. I found out too late that Windows Essentials stopped being supported in January.

Anyone's advice on how to go about making videos from this point on would be much appreciated. I'd hate for my Youtube channel to just die. I want to improve it. Though I don't have things like capture cards...

I'd definitely join. I have experience playing almost all of the previous Warriors games, so I'd be glad to assist anyone and everyone with the games and talk to them about the games and such.

This is sounding good so far, I'll still probably wait a bit before I post it in full, I gotta make sure everything is right and that theres enough interest generally haha

That's fair, Jedi. :)

Also, good news! I did a bit of Googling and found a Windows Movie Maker download for free! I couldn't find Essentials downloads anymore when I was looking before, so I thought I was doomed here. Turns out I just needed to search for the individual programs. lol

I don't really need Photo Gallery back, but I'll probably search for it another time anyway just because I was used to it.

Anyway, now I just need to be able to record my voice a long with my footage so I can do commentary. I've never actually done this before, it'll be my first time, but I'll find a way!

Edited by Anacybele

By the by, the Warriors games I have experience with are:

-Samurai Warriors (2XL, 2E, 3, 4, 4E, Sanadamaru, and Chronicles 3)
-Dynasty Warriors (8, 8XL, 8E, Advanced)
-Dynasty Warriors Gundam (1, 2, 3, Reborn)
-Hyrule Warriors
-Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
-Ken's Rage 1
-Dragon Quest Heroes 1
-Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
(though the last three, I don't really have too much experience with, about 10-15 hours each).

Haven't played Arslan or One Piece because I'm not familiar at all with the source materials. 

As for Fire Emblem, I've beaten every one, except Thracia and New Mystery (working on both at the time of writing this).

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, what exactly is the point if it doesn't even have online when we already have a forum here?

Well it would be for other warriors games too, with a general focus on FE:W. I know theres a good number of warriors fans on Serenes who don't really get to discuss with each other all that much without interuptions so this would be a way to. 

4 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

So, uh... what exactly IS Discord, anyway? Everybody's always talking about it.

Have you ever used Skype before?  It's somewhat like that, except it's a lot better.  One of the things that's different about Discord though is that you can set up servers for people to join.  For example, SF has a Discord server with over 200 people on it.  And to my knowledge, the netcoding is better, so you get fewer instances of voices in a call cutting out or people getting outright disconnected.  I know a lot of people also use it as a substitute for "team chat" in games.

You could probably find a better description of it on their website.  Just google "discord", and it'll be the first option.

Anyway, I might join.  I do have some interest in FEW, but I don't know how much I have to contribute as far as discussion is concerned.

https://discord.gg/QMQEaZX

It's live, check the rules tab as soon as you enter, i'm working a double shift tomorrow so I likely won't be able to properly greet & monitor until late tomorrow. 

I'm also still making edits to the bot and stuff, so don't be surprised if I do some oddball tests

the "jutebox chat" is only for linking music and a proper radio hasn't been setup yet but I'll get on it eventually.

Edited by Jedi

6 hours ago, MajoraIkana said:

Sounds good, currently not in any FE Discords. Also I am very newbish to the ways of Discord chats

Welcome! Hope you enjoy yourself, activity seems kind of sparce but I think its probably due to the fact we don't have much to go off right now still x.x