Dan -
Jul - Rashid and Dettard
Rein - Malaphar and Thwomp
Ves - 
JoJo - Doug and Emily
Marth - Emmet and Sidney
Thicc - 

Hull Castle Garden

It was a bright day in Wyke, the weather of the unspecified season surprisingly pleasant for the time of year... probably. Owen had gathered all his allies in the castle garden, deciding that a casual gathering would be just what they needed to get to know each other. A light buffet, a string quartet in the background, it had been a frivolous waste of his country's funding - but it was preferable to letting Serge hire more faceless mercenaries. He wasn't entirely sure how some of his mortal enemies were present along with his friends... and Esclabor, but it was further proof that he was popular - and totally the main character.  If I can gather everyone, I can try to find out who's after my glorious legwear... There are so many undesirable characters, none of them shall reveal the contents of my trousers... the secrets and responsibilities inside are my own to bear alone.

Stepping onto a podium and giving a nod to Angus, Owen waited for his advisor to attract the crowd for him - doing actual work was for poor people. Angus clapped his hands together, silencing everyone with the sound and his underarm odour. "Y'all all stop with the chinwagging and hollerin'. The governor, the head honcho and mighty fine Prince Owen is going to have a declaration, so be lending your ears for some mighty fine words." he called out.

"Fellow Wykians, revered guests, valued allies... and Esclabor." Owen announced, making sure a certain man knew his place. "Welcome to my garden gathering, I hope that everyone has found the venue to be suitable... because I'll be hard pressed to believe any of you could do any better. Relax, converse and enjoy. If there is anything you feel that you require, feel free to ask Angus for it. Go forth and mingle everyone. Now, I believe I have a conversation to have with a certain tree."

Freya was stood at the back of the ground, blending into the hedge with all the foliage strapped to her armour. She'd contemplated the intricacies of the unusual gathering and how it would fit in with the established chronology - the Christmas party included. However, instead of vocalising her hypotheticals and observations, she simply did what she did best. Standing in the background.

Everyone is free to post! Remember, you aren't your own characters for this!

And Esclabor? The Baron smirked to himself. "He must really think a lot me to give me a mention on my own." Finally, he was getting the recognition that he deserved. Esclabor surveyed the party with a smug grin, inspecting the fellow guests carefully. The elite of Wyke were assembled, but there were also some less savoury characters - like that mercenary. 

It was time to harass him. "Shaun!" he barked, strolling over towards him. Was that his name? ...Who really cared, he was a peasant for Engel's sake. The only reason they had names in the first place was so that the upper echelon could identify them. "You and your grubby mercenaries better not cause any trouble. The last thing we need is for you to teach Lady Edion curse words."

---

Oswald, meanwhile, had much more important things to do than listen to his son's speech. Like picking his nose. He hadn't been able to do that since his slow and inevitible death, so he was using this party to enjoy the finer pleasures of life one last time before the final passing of his spirit. He was sure Owen would understand... or at least, he wouldn't question it.

Edited by SB.

These big affairs were always so troublesome to deal with... Claire sat back in her chair, buried in her robe, staring around the room. Too many people! And too many people she didn't want to talk to. Esclabor, Serge, Cass-- well, the last one because it was too difficult to not have terrible thoughts. But, there was a solution to all of this! And that solution was getting blackout drunk. That way, she could totally loosen up around everyone, and not remember anything in the morning! That was for the best. So on Kearney's prior suggestion, she started downing one of the nearby mugs, hoping that it wouldn't take more than a few of these to get tipsy enough.

----------

Wowee, Steve couldn't believe himself. He was finally at one of these pretty noble shindigs. Fuck nobles, Gerrard thought, but they did know how to throw a party. Of course, Serge's smiling good time was interrupted by one of the worst people, smugass Esclabor. "Fuck," Steve muttered, beginning to swear, as the pompous bag of slicked hair strutted his way over. "Now listen here," Gerrard started, "my mercenaries aren't grubby, and probably deserve to be here among everyone more than you do, and Esclabor." There, Serge was fairly confident in how he'd dealt with that. If anything happened, his best mercenaries Hans and Lars... Or Lars and Hans? Would help him deal with things.

"What did I just tell you, worm?" Esclabor glared daggers at Sawyer, he just couldn't believe the nerve of this bumpkin! Talking back to him, the esteemed Baron Thomas Sutherland Edge Maverick Sweetgrape Thany Esclabor, as a lowly commoner? He doubted that the lowlife had even half the number of names that he had! The thought of it made him want to vomit

Esclabor stepped up to Sawyer, far too close for a hetrosexual man to be entirely comfortable with. Or a man of any sexuality, really. When he wanted to be, Esclabor could be plenty intimidating. "Now listen here, kiddo. I don't care what kind of delusion you're under; the prince only invited you so that we didn't have to pay for entertainment.. Apparently, some plebeian scammed him out of a large sum of gold, so we have to make do with you." He stepped back, crossing his arms smugly. Surely, the message had been sent.

Edited by SB.

What the, Steve thought, completely astonished by Sweetgrape the Esclabor's claims, though not entirely disturbed by his proximity-- he was quite the looker! Now, Gerrard was here as a friend to the prince, but he wasn't about to take guff from a man as effeminately intimidating as Thomas Edge Maverick. Serge stood himself up, getting just as heterosexually uncomfortably close to Esclabor, giving him a stern look in the eye. "Now you listen here, Sutherland. I may be Steve Malogna, but I'm not about to take guff from you. Gerrard never backs down! Or my name isn't Steve! Now, sit yourself down and try to enjoy things, or I'll have a whole fist of fuck with your name on it. Don't make me start swearing!"

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

Esclabor's jaw slowly dropped, disgusted by the gall of the worm named... Sandeep? Slade? Sheldon? The name just seemed to change every time they spoke, for whatever reason. Commoners just couldn't be as wise and smart as the Edgelord, no matter how hard they tried. His middle name might be Sweetgrape, but his mood had quickly soured after witnessing this wretched display of defiance.

Only Maverick Thany was allowed to close the distance like that. While Sheldon entertained the primative idea of using his fists to hide his crippling insecurities, the mastermind Baron Thomas Esclabor was already one step ahead. He tilted his head backwards, then bashed it into Sheldon's at full force. "I led an entire military campaign, you know!" he gloated, staggering backwards from the force of the impact. Damn, I'm good. "A loser like you had no chance at winning a fight with me." 

Never mind the fact that the aforementioned campaign had ended in tragedy, with all of his men massacred by the savages of Magonsaete. The VIP was alive and well, and that was all that really mattered, right? 

Edited by SB.

Decima clasped her hands nervously as Owen finished his announcement. She was ecstatic, finally having been invited to one of these things! So many times his sisters were invited to these fancy feasts... but the letters always seemed to forget her invitation. It's okay, I understand it, the prince's so busy, I'm sure he has his reasons! Ruling a country took time, and effort, and fancy pants for some reason.

No sooner it seemed that things went for the very crazy --as usual for the prince's entourage--, as Esclabor and Anderson began to argue. Everybody is so daring... I wonder how they do it. As for Decima, she seemed stuck in place, contemplating the two men's antics. Maybe they'll notice me if I act more like my sisters... but how? Nona was famous for her alcoholic behavior, and Morta for her ire. While Decima was famous for...

M-maybe it's like my older sister deals with it, maybe I just need a drink. Staring at either side (not that everyone was paying attention to her), Decima made the way for one of the tables, picking a small shot of... something fluorescent and green. What could possibly go wrong? She picked up the shot, downing it in a single gulp. GHRK-- Immediately she spat it out, a short burst of convulsions as she grabbed the table for support. "Augh! Ahh~, I-it burns so much..." The world was spinning. Her palms were sweaty, knees weak, arms were heavy.

---

"A very fine speech, brother." Cass, of course, was having a much better time than his brother, only having to listen to the speech than do any actual work. Her own noble presence would just do enough! Still, she had to stand beside him the whole time, being a princess was no easy thing, but it also was so restricting. "Well, now that my duties as a princess are done with, I shall enjoy the party with the guests, while you have to keep charming them like a good host for the both of us. Thank you so much, brother~." After a brief curtsy, she walked off to look for some of the few friends that didn't hate her guts for wanting the murder of a few meaningless peasants. What was up with that?

Fortunately, one of said few friends was no farther than a short hop, and already getting into the spirit of the party. "Hello, Claire!" The princess approached, beaming the most innocent smile on her face. "What, the party just started and you're already drinking? Did some bug bite you on the way here?" She giggled.

Dettard clapped along quite sarcastically at his half-brother's opening speech. He hadn't even been invited to stand alongside him. Well, he hadn't been invited at all, but that must have been an oversight considering the other important figures present. "The garden of my home was quite extravagant, something I would gladly demonstrate if I could have the property back instead of the lunatics he lets run the place now! Dougistan, really! And how can anyone support him when he has such a mooncalf as his advisor, and when he clearly lacks my skills at the emerald sword technique? I would be a much better host of this occasion," he boasted to nobody in particular.  He could hardly understand how people were enjoying the event so much when there was clearly so much that could be better about it. "As the eldest, it would be my birthright if the King didn't refuse to recognize me! Where is he now while we host this party at his castle? This could be my chance! Where is Oswald?" He started around the party looking for the King, this could be his chance to claim his spot as rightful main character!

--

Rashid was impressed with the splendor of the garden festival, having not been to such an occasion since he visited this foreign continent. He questioned what could be the etymology of such a strange name for a place as Angelcynn, but it seemed difficult to find answers. Volunteering the name of his own homeland was out of the question as well, of course. Still, there was little to complain about at the party, the foreign foods and song were quite delightful. As such, he had opened a stand with his homeland's goods once again, having successfully sold a sword already to a man who looked quite like the one arguing with Baron Esclabor, perhaps even the same. That some of the weaponry might be unusual to sell at a party with mostly food available seemed unimportant to him.

"I-- Your hotness-- Y-Your highness-- C-Cass! Hi..." Claire nearly spat out her drink, having to swallow hard, and coughing a bit after. "I, er... Uhm... I'm not, really used to social places, like this. I felt it'd help, take the edge off. Something like that, haha." Nervous laughter always followed an unsure answer, taking another sip of the terrible drink. Getting myself as far away from normal as possible sounds like a fantastic idea, right now. "Wh-What about you? Shouldn't you be hanging around your brother some more? Er, princessly duties, and whatever..."

----------

Now, Serge wasn't about to take this! With a heavy step forward after stumbling back from Edge Maverick's amazingly powerful attack, he smacked his head right back! "The forehead of a Mologna is especially strong, you moron! If you think something like that can defeat the likes of Steve, you've got another thing coming! Take this, Sutherland!" With a loud 'FUCK' of a warcry, Gerrard jumped at Sweetgrape, delivering his signature Hearthstone punch!

Cass giggled at Claire's antics, amused at how she was so flustered at social interaction. "Silly you, Claire! Go easy on the drinks, you're already so clumsy... when did you learn Adele's pet name for me, anyways? Honestly, maybe Adele was right to feel uncomfortable in her own chambers, maybe the walls at Herman's do have ears... or butlers. Ah well, waters past~." Joining her with far less nervous laughter, the princess took the liberty to seat herself beside Claire, awfully close and blissfully oblivious. "Oh, me? My duties are done with, he'll be just fine on his own. Brother always understands how hard I have it, so he facilitates it whenever he can~. Besides, what's a princess that can't socialize, right?" She picked up a drink of her own, trying to join in on the fun. "Cheers~"

---

Oh gods this was a terrible idea what do I even-- Decima was stumbling to stand up in the lightest sense of the word, tripping on her own legs as she held on the table desperately for support. I can't feel my legs why do I have eight legs oh gods I am an octopus dear Engel why have you forsaken meeeeee  Decima's thoughts were as disconnected as her movements while she tried to made any kind of progress. It was almost as if she were walking in circles... wasn't this a round table?

"Water!" Decima jumped at a nearby served, taking a jug of water he'd carried and downing it in quick gulps. "Oh, good lord... I... I think I can see again!" She shivered, a deep exhale as she finally relaxed, her wobble calming down from 'debilitating' to 'still pretty wasted'. The server seemed to be yelling something about watering plants, but Decima couldn't really process it at the moment, saying nothing and gave him a wonderful drunk smile as she passed the jug back to him. "Thank you very much~" Walking past him, Decima made a wobbly walk towards a strangely familiar man.

"Pink hair... Owen, did you cut your hair? Wait, why are there two Owens?" Decima was confused, staring blankly at Dettard, and making an attempt at counting her fingers... poorly. "I don't remember a brother! Did we skip that story arc? You look very fishy, mister prince, you're not even wearing fancy pants... are you?" She couldn't really tell, it was all a blur at that point.

Edited by Xinnidy

The appearance of his ne'er-do-well son Dettard left the ghost of Oswald with conflicting feeling. What do I do here? Ignore him like the other children? His daughter seemed to be in animated conversation with a vaguely familiar black-haired girl, so she was fine left to her own devices. She better be, anyway. He couldn't imagine they would be getting up to anything particularly unsightly, at any rate. 

Steering well clear of his maniac child on the warpath, Oswald stopped to do what every doting father would do: ignore their offspring to have a conversation with the hedge. "These things are pretty sturdy nowadays, aren't they..." he murmured, rapping Freya with his knuckles. "Maybe this is why Eowa was so interested in her gardens."

---

The good baron couldn't believe his eyes as Spencer responded with an equally powerful blow. "I should've known attacking the empty skull of a nothing like you would be pointless. Where's Ceirch when I need him..." He'd known how to coach Sir Shaggsworth at the arena, what would he suggest as the next plan of attack. Cease this and apologise? God dammit, Ceirch... 

A fair fight looked like a terrible idea by this point - everyone knew that punches beat headbutts in the weapon triangle, so he had to flip it around. "Look!" he yelled, pointing a finger over Spencer's shoulder. "Is that a recruitable unit we can waste our already strapped gold on?" Sutherland wasn't even sure why they'd purchased Hors and Lors in the first place, but the tendencies of their leader played into his advantage now. As soon as his back was turned, he aimed a kick low, aiming to sweep Spencer off his feet.

Thwomp approached the spirit of Oswald suddenly, having been hidden even better next to his armored colleague in the brush, whom he had become fast friends with by not talking to her at all. The value of silence was clearly something she understood, too. "Most gardens not feature Thwomp or Freya. Not likely reason that who Eowa is like them." Despite not speaking a word with the woman, her name seemed obvious. Their heavy armor in unison lead to a better understanding of each other, one that transcended such things like words.

Meanwhile, Malaphar sneered at Owen's announcement. "Revered guests? How amusing." Still, the prince was busy not paying attention. Surely with how poor he was at keeping track of his underlings, now would be a prime opportunity to take his revenge upon those who had injured him, starting with a certain mage. He appeared behind her using his signature mysterious villain magic, jabbing at Claire's shoulder. "You have nerve even appearing at a party that I, Malaphar, was invited to! It is time we contest each other once more to settle our grudge."

"Ceirch can't save you now, Maverick!" Serge was pretty confident he could take the goon, he had a strong punch but he was all bluster behind that. Unfortunately, Edge knew Steve's weakness. "What? Where!? Are they a pretty girl I can spend our strapped gold on and then never talk to!?" Gerrard spun around in an instant, looking around with hungry eyes for the prospect of going through that recruiting process. Gods he loved spending gold aimlessly! Especially nobility gold, fuck nobles am I right? Alas, distracted by the want to waste the money of fuckwits, Serge collapsed, having been tripped by Sutherland. "Curse you, you terrible fuck!"

Why is she so close stop how do I deal with this Cass you can't just do this so casually oh my God please Malaphar save me I don't have an escape from this nonsense how do I-- While searching for literally anything to say as the cutest girl in town brushed elbows with her, a salvation came, in... less desired circumstances. She hadn't really meant it when she'd thought about him! "Wha-- N-No! This is a party, we can't... Just go throwing around spells!" Was he crazy? Well, yes, he was crazy, but that wasn't the point!

Edited by SnakeMomMelissa

"No!" Emily cired. "Leave my Sergypooh alone!" She rushed to her illustrious hero's side and helped him to his feet, standing far too close for a hetrosexual man not to be comfortable with ;D

-----------------

Doug was so happy to see so many people arrive for the two month anniversary of Dougistan. Now he needed only one thing. Some money. Massive statues to oneself dont cone cheap. "Hmm that Malaphar bloke seems loaded." He appoached rattling the tin can he had prepared. "Would you like to make a donation towards the glory of Dougistan? All proceeds go directly to me."