Does Soren usually get this RNG screwed?

Ilyana has always turned out better than Soren for me, and my most recent playthrough of POR has her at her best.  These are her stats at level 20 Sage:

HP: 43

STR: 11

MAG: 30

SKILL: 28

SPEED: 28

LUCK: 21

DEF: 9

RES: 28

As for stat boosters, I use 1 Magic Dust, 1 Skill Book, and 1 Speedwing.  She had already capped RES a while ago, and all she needed was a few stat boosters to cap out MAG, SKILL, and SPEED and her STR means that she can use Thoron without any AS loss, and if I use my last Energy drop on her, she will only suffer 1 AS loss wielding Rexbolt.  I was freaking blessed.  I tried to use Soren, but dropped him after chapter 17 because he was becoming more and more useless.  These are his level 1 bases:

HP: 18

STR: 0

MAG: 6

SKILL: 8

SPEED: 8

LUCK: 5

DEF: 2

RES: 6

When I dropped him at a level 15 Mage, these were his stats:

HP:  25

STR: 0

MAG: 8

SKILL: 17

SPEED: 11

LUCK: 12

DEF: 3

RES: 16

He has solid SKILL and RES, but he somehow only got 3 SPEED and 2 MAG stats after 14 level ups, which I don't understand at all because he has higher growths in both of those areas than Ilyana.  I had to bench him because he stopped doing adequate damage and the "speedy mage" couldn't double for shit.  As for how he was when I got Ilyana, his stats were either equal or slightly lower than Ilyana's when she joined at chapter 8.  And this wasn't the first time I had to drop Soren.  Though Ilyana wasn't as good as she is now, my previous two playthroughs of POR has me drop Soren for Ilyana because Ilyana kept surpassing Soren.  Has anyone else experienced this?

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

Edited by XIII Hearts

Yeah, it can happen: nothing new under the sun. I'm fairly sure Soren's averages for Mag and Spd should be better than Ilyana's, this is just RNG being... RNG.

1 minute ago, Koumal8 said:

Yeah, it can happen: nothing new under the sun. I'm fairly sure Soren's averages for Mag and Spd should be better than Ilyana's, this is just RNG being... RNG.

Then I must have the weirdest and most consistent RNG for this game because this is the third time this has happened.  Though I guess for this time I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Ilyana is so going to enjoy those stat boosts from this file transfer.

22 minutes ago, XIII Hearts said:

I know this thread is pretty old, but to throw my two cents in in case anyone is still aware of this thread

LOL, dude I can't stop laughing at that 9 year old necropost.

Soren is much better than Ilyana. That is just an absurdly RNG screwed Soren. With his growths, the odds of getting 2 MAG and 3 SPD are like 1 in a million low.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Soren is much better than Ilyana. That is just an absurdly RNG screwed Soren. With his growths, the odds of getting 2 MAG and 3 SPD are like 1 in a million low.

I was unaware that necroposting was a thing.  I figured that since the thread wasn't closed I was all good.  That was my bad.

And I know that Soren is supposed to be better than Ilyana, but for some reason he keeps turning out worse than her in POR.

I'm assuming you played with random growths but even fixed growths wouldn't change the fact that this Soren is screwed especially magic and speed. His skill and res are a bit above average though.

average stats Soren

It's the new trend now since this.

• 9 months later...