Persona 5: The Animation announced for 2018

Konnor97

The original Persona 4 anime was pretty good... the others, not so much.

I don't know. Could be decent, could be generic soulless A1 crap. I'll probably watch a couple episodes and see which one it's likely to be.

Oh boy, the Eight Years of Persona 4 are starting all over again.

In all seriousness, I'm probably not going to watch it. While I adore P5, I'm getting tired of Atlus milking Persona like the proverbial golden cow it is. The P4 game spin-offs I'm a little more lenient to because they actually had stories of their own, even if those stories were bad (lookin' at you, Ultimax), but the animes are just boring retreads of the story of the games they're adapting with arbitrary changes that often hurt the story more than help it (disclaimer: this only applies to the P4 and Golden animes, I've never seen the P3 movies).

Sorry I'm being a bit negative here, but that's honestly how I feel about the whole thing.

Also, I'm expecting fanbase salt when the anime gives Joker a civvie name that isn't Akira Kurusu.

This reminds me Atlus registered several Persona related domains, which included “P5D.JP,” “P3D.JP,” “PERSONA-DANCE.JP,” and “PERSONA-DANCE.COM.”, but the domain name that really caught my attention was "P5AG.JP", mostly because AG are the initials for a certain character's name. I wonder if that character will get a spinoff game where he is the main character.

I haven't seen Day Breakers, but I did see the 4 anime and the 3 movies. Can't complain. Adaptations are good if I get the urge to replay a game I definitely don't have the time for. 

And as for franchise milking, of course we're moving on to that phase. They finally have a new lineup of characters to work with. You can only make so many jokes about Chie's un-ending hunger for meat, or Akihiko's similar obsession with protein. Dilute these complex characters into a single thing and watch them go! I'll show you my trope if you show me yours.

2 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Also, I'm expecting fanbase salt when the anime gives Joker a civvie name that isn't Akira Kurusu.

I know he's not gonna be Akira Kurusu in the anime. I know it, but I can't help but be salt.

I was salt when Minato Arisato became Makoto Yuki, and I was salt when Souji Seta became Yu Narukami.

Only difference is that I got used to Yu. I never got over Makoto.

Edited by saisymbolic

• 2 months later...