Favorite Quirks/Heroes in Boku no Hero Academia?

So I recently got back into My Hero Academia, had a binge over the weekend and now I'm caught up on the show. I plan on reading the manga, but I want to know: who are you're favorite heroes/what are your favorite quirks?

Note: Spoilers ahead

Mine are:

Hanta Sero (Tape)

He's the reason I got back into Hero Academia again. After seeing that fight scene with Todoroki in the Sports Festival, I decided, "Damn, I gotta finish this show." Normally, people would think Todoroki would be the one amaze people, but something about Sero made him become one of my favorites. Despite his simplistic looks, I really like the way he looks. His outfits pretty cool to. I hope he gets a bigger role later on.

Toru Hagakure (Transparency)

An absolutely adorable character. Even if she's invisible, I really like her upbeatness. Also, I love her little bits with Ojiro. It makes me question though: If Eraser Head can eliminate quirks, wouldn't she be visible? There are certain scenes where Eraser Head calms down everyone by shutting down their quirks. I really want to know what she actually looks like.

Izuku Midoriya (All for One)

Yes, the protagonist. He's one of my favorites of many protags I've seen. Despite being a very big loser/coward on all outsides, he's shown to be very analytic and smart with his abilities. Many times, he's shown shaking in intimidation and fear,  but the next, he can be glaring with eyes of determination. His development is far better than some others I've seen. Plus, his fight scenes are amazing. Izuku vs Todoroki was awesome. His thumb lip shot was the coolest move I've seen him do (when he was incapable of using it properly).

Kyoka Jiro (Earphone Jack)

Most of the time, quirks like her are either split into some kind of super screech and super senses. I think the idea of her quirk is pretty cool. Despite that, I love her style and personality though. She's probably the least fanservice female of Class A (It depends on what you're into really). Her quarreling with Kaminari are pretty cute bits too.

I like lots of the others like Todoroki, Tokoyami, and Mei, but the list would be pretty big so I stuck with these guys. Who are your favorites?

(Hoping this topic is seen because of how quiet this side of the forums seems to be...)

I'm surprised nobody else has posted on this yet seeing as how popular the show is, but anyways that's off topic here are some of my favorite quirks.

All Might (One For All): I'm a sucker for heroes who can just punch through any opposition because it's like a metaphor for the inner strength with in all humans, and All Might combines that with an uncompromising will to do good and it makes me want to cheer every time he does battle against evil (no really I've watched the Nomu fight at least five times).

Invisible Girl (Transparency): My Hero Academia is full of instantly recognizable character designs that are so good that the one character who's power is the absence of a design comes of as extremely endearing to me. However I'm still not sure if 24/7 Transparency would be the best or worst superpower to live with, but I think it sound fun so let's go with the former.

Shoto (Half-Cold Half Hot): It's always been a toss up weather I like fire or ice more as a superpower, and surprise surprise when Todoroki has access to both it's incredibly awesome! This one is a favorite mostly because of the shear spectacle it's capable of creating in animation, and there's nothing wrong with that is there?

Red Riot (Hardening): Simplistic? Yes. Practical? Absolutely. The phrase the best offence is a good defense has never been truer with Kirishima's Hardening powers, further more it's probably a perfect fit for a hot head like Kirishima so that he can survive a fight long enough to eventually take a step back and rethink his battle strategy.

Tenya (Engine): The Engines in Tenya's calves are probably one of the most unique superpower concepts I've seen in a long time, though that could be said for many of My Hero Academia's Quirks. I love the little details that surround how they work, such as how they are fueled by orange juice and soda will cause them to malfunction, which aligns with Tenya's personality so well that it's actually kind of funny. It's just a fun quirk that Tenya has made good use of so far and I really want to see how far they can push it's limits in the future because it has a lot of potential.

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Red Riot (Hardening): Simplistic? Yes. Practical? Absolutely. The phrase the best offence is a good defense has never been truer with Kirishima's Hardening powers, further more it's probably a perfect fit for a hot head like Kirishima so that he can survive a fight long enough to eventually take a step back and rethink his battle strategy.

Manga Spoilers, in case you haven't seen it:

Spoiler

His Unbreakable Wall form is frickin awesome. I'm glad they're giving the guy some more screen time.

4 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Invisible Girl (Transparency): My Hero Academia is full of instantly recognizable character designs that are so good that the one character who's power is the absence of a design comes of as extremely endearing to me. However I'm still not sure if 24/7 Transparency would be the best or worst superpower to live with, but I think it sound fun so let's go with the former.

I wondered why she never became visible again when Eraser Head would cancel their quirk. It's sort of a displeasing inconsistency to me :(

16 hours ago, KongDude said:

I wondered why she never became visible again when Eraser Head would cancel their quirk. It's sort of a displeasing inconsistency to me :(

Now that you mention it that is weird, maybe it's because it's considered a mutation and thus apart of her natural physical form? Perhaps it's only affecting her ability to create blinding flashes? I guess we'll never know without an in universe explanation/retcon later on.

this series does a pretty cool job of keeping it fresh, though it can be hit and miss. i thought sir's quirk was a cool concept and i expected a hunter x hunter type of fight but in practice it falls kind of flat. chisaki's is cool and all too and it's interesting cause of the plot implications but i have a feeling it'll turn out kind of boring as well in an actual fight scene.

2 hours ago, fuccboi said:

this series does a pretty cool job of keeping it fresh, though it can be hit and miss. i thought sir's quirk was a cool concept and i expected a hunter x hunter type of fight but in practice it falls kind of flat. chisaki's is cool and all too and it's interesting cause of the plot implications but i have a feeling it'll turn out kind of boring as well in an actual fight scene.

Seeing how Chisaki can basically eliminate anyone with a touch, I can kind of see what you mean. If he ever gets into a fight with Midoriya or anyone, it'll probably be a game of Keep Away unless plot armor.

8 minutes ago, Metal Rabbit said:

Alot of people I know hate the guy, but I love Bakugo's explosion quirk. It looks fun and he uses it in versatile ways. Uses sweat to cause explosions. Getting worked up produces more sweat. 

I understand why people don't like him, but I actually think he's pretty cool. As Midoriya's rival, I think it's pretty neat that instead of being ahead of him and thinking of himself above others all the time, he feels lesser at various points. And he doesn't just recklessly use his explosions like most others would, he's pretty smart in handling his quirk.

My favorite quirk is probably Suneater's because the way he uses it is just fresh as hell (he's also one of my favorite characters)

I love Shouto a lot, he's also one of my favorite characters, but his quirk as a standalone isn't super interesting to me. It's his backstory and character that give it life and I really like that. I love pretty much all the characters in the show though lol

17 hours ago, KongDude said:

I understand why people don't like him, but I actually think he's pretty cool. As Midoriya's rival, I think it's pretty neat that instead of being ahead of him and thinking of himself above others all the time, he feels lesser at various points. And he doesn't just recklessly use his explosions like most others would, he's pretty smart in handling his quirk.

I think the reason people aren't too keen on Bakugo is because he's portrayed as a near 24/7 rage machine with no explicit explanation as to why, characters like that can really turn people off because they want redeeming qualities that aren't shown, But I think later on Bakugo will get some development to explain his vicious personality. However, before I sound like plus ultra smarty pants I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about the guy myself. I can't say I truly like Bakugo, but Clifford Chaptin's acting so good that I can help but laugh whenever he start's going ballistic. (P.S. I'll watch the show both subbed and dubbed depending on what's free on Funimation)

Edited by TheGoodHoms

On 7-8-2017 at 0:41 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

I think the reason people aren't too keen on Bakugo is because he's portrayed as a near 24/7 rage machine with no explicit explanation as to why, characters like that can really turn people off because they want redeeming qualities that aren't shown, But I think later on Bakugo will get some development to explain his vicious personality. However, before I sound like plus ultra smarty pants I have to admit that I have mixed feelings about the guy myself. I can't say I truly like Bakugo, but Clifford Chaptin's acting so good that I can help but laugh whenever he start's going ballistic. (P.S. I'll watch the show both subbed and dubbed depending on what's free on Funimation)

Characters like bakugo who are 100% jerk, 100% of the time without there being any justification to that attitude tend to be characters I really hate. I think it works for Bakugo though because its made very clear that no one has any respect for his personality. They respect Bakugo despite him rather then because of him. It generally leads to them mocking him for his anger at which he responds by getting even more angry. This turns it from irksome to amusing. 

As for favorites. Half-Hot, Half-cold for the spectacle and Black mist Tobi for its unique place in the world. It also helps that he seems to be the villain's official bartender. 

I really like Deku. He's an underdog ala Pit but eventually makes people want to respects him. Him starting out as a strategist instead of a fighter is also a nice chance of pace compared to other anime heroes. Deku's fanboy, nervous wreck and crybaby tendencies make him endearing and him occasionally weirding people out or annoying them with his mumblings can be funny. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

• 4 weeks later...
On 6-8-2017 at 6:52 AM, Metal Rabbit said:

Alot of people I know hate the guy, but I love Bakugo's explosion quirk. It looks fun and he uses it in versatile ways. Uses sweat to cause explosions. Getting worked up produces more sweat. 

Yeah, I really like Bakugo as well. I mean, I would hate him IRL, but I like seeing his development and outlook on life (he still needs to work on his personality a bit though).

On 9-9-2017 at 0:33 AM, KongDude said:

Just read it. Mirio is crazy awesome though.

I already liked the guy quite a bit before, but the last two chapters made him even better.

Spoiler

It'd be a shame if he drops of now...

Some other characters I really like are:

Todoroki: He has a cool quirk and his character development was pretty great. I wonder how much they'll expand on him from now on though.

All Might: He's a pretty great role model and I like how he wasn't born like that, but it was something he accomplished instead.

A bit off topic but it seems we'll have to wait for dubbed episodes for some weeks from now on out. That's a shame. I was a big fan of dubbed and subbed episodes airing simultaneously and since I prefer the dub this means I need to do a lot of waiting. I believe the dubbed versions will be airing two weeks after the original now. 

On 9/10/2017 at 1:35 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

A bit off topic but it seems we'll have to wait for dubbed episodes for some weeks from now on out. That's a shame. I was a big fan of dubbed and subbed episodes airing simultaneously and since I prefer the dub this means I need to do a lot of waiting. I believe the dubbed versions will be airing two weeks after the original now. 

Yeah, as a fan of dubs that kinda sucks, but as long as we're still getting the dub it'll be worth the wait, nothing could be worse than canceling the dub and losing Christopher Sabat's amazing All Might voice. "I stand for Justice! Not sound bites!"

Edited by TheGoodHoms

Really predictable picks I guess, but my favorite characters are Deku, Uraraka and All Might, in that order. Honorable mention goes to Todoroki.

Among the secondary cast, I also really like Eraserhead, Jiro, Mina, Shinso and Iida, but the list goes on. Anime-only fan here, by the way.

Edited by Gaia093