Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

Just now, DIO said:

Hidden Weapons; retroactively giving the thief a set of daggers would go a long way to avoiding giving Awakening another sword type character. Besides that, having a character focused on sabotaging enemies via debuffs or infiltrating key parts of the map would be an interesting angle to take IMO.

I haven't seen any consensus about the trio not getting in, especially if they could be implemented as representatives of Valla with costumes based on their Awakening appearances.

Gaius uses a sword, though. They could give him kunai but it seems real unlikely to me.

And by Awakening trio, I meant them in their Awakening forms. Not Fates forms. My bad :lol:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get Gaius' popularity. Tharja and Cordelia I get but who the heck is Gaius supposed to be? I never really hear anyone else talk about him either unless its that one support with Maribelle. He did rank high in that one Japanese poll but that's just that, Japanese.

I see Niles as the better choice for a thief thanks to his unique design and better personality. I'd judge Gaius as yet another questionable choice regarding the roster. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm good with Robin, but I never cared about Cordelia, meh.

I still really hate their decision to only focus on characters from Awakening and Fates

my hype would be through the roof if we got some Sacred Stones characters

Well I sure hope Female Robin is a costume 'cause having both Robins is a terrible waste of roster slots.

Cordelia's a pick I didn't know I wanted. Actually kinda excited to see her in motion. Also more Julie Ann Taylor is never a bad thing!

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

Female Robin is a nice extra costume choice so no complaint there.

Cordelia making it in isn't very surprising. I just hope her inclusion doesn't mean that Ceada is getting the boot from the game since I'd say she'd be a better fit in the story then Cordelia who's mostly just kind of there in Awakening.

IS loves giving Caeda swords at this point. She's going to be in-- this announcement changes nothing. Expect Caeda/Cordelia/Camilla to form a flier triangle.

Hopefully F!Robin is just an alt that also bodes for M!Corrin.

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

Hidden Weapons; retroactively giving the thief a set of daggers would go a long way to avoiding giving Awakening another sword type character. Besides that, having a character focused on sabotaging enemies via debuffs or infiltrating key parts of the map would be an interesting angle to take IMO.

I'm almost dead sure that Kaze will be in as the hidden weapon/thief character.

I'm not a Cordelia fan but I'm OK with this. I hope we get Tharja soon. 

Assuming F!Robin is a costume, I guess this also makes M!Corrin more likely. 

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

IS loves giving Caeda swords at this point. She's going to be in-- this announcement changes nothing. Expect Caeda/Cordelia/Camilla to form a flier triangle.

Hopefully F!Robin is just an alt that also bodes for M!Corrin.

I'm almost dead sure that Kaze will be in as the hidden weapon/thief character.

I think there's room for more than one hidden weapon character; Kaze, Saizo, or Kagero make sense as character assassins, whereas Gaius would be focused on a support role (since were confirmed to have multiple choices, It opens up room for characters that can focus more on a specific aspect rather than all of them having to be viable for nearly every role). If it's just one character per weapon (something we already know is inaccurate, but for speculations sake) then I honestly think if any Fates character is getting the hidden weapon slot, it's either Felicia or Jakob before any of the Hoshidan ninjas.

Robin looks pretty close to being a skin. I think it's likely we'll be able to choose which Corrin and Robin are represented in the story, along with which twin the game considers your "main character".

I have nothing to really support this, besides the fact that it's been done in a Warriors game before, but it seems like it could be a possibility. 

Robin will probably be a costume. She seems to be using tomes just like her male counterpart. If she is a costume, M!Corrin will probably be one as well, so I'm glad for that.

As for Cordelia, I'm really excited that she is in the game. She is my favorite Pegasus Knight in the 3 games that are being represented in Warriors, after all. I'm really hoping she has a Caeldori costume, though.

Edited by Luankachu
Fixed a typo.

While being a costume seems possible (no clue on what the wording on her inclusion is if there is any) this isn't quite smash, story is something to consider and well seeing the possibility of having 2 Robins as separate characters caused my plot senses to tingle. I'll see where this goes, just that to me the possibilities preclude assuming costumes and other characters being shoo-ins. 

*wakes up to see this* Well this game was already a must by for me, but now it's getting higher priority simply due to Cordelia.

24 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Robin looks pretty close to being a skin. I think it's likely we'll be able to choose which Corrin and Robin are represented in the story, along with which twin the game considers your "main character".

I have nothing to really support this, besides the fact that it's been done in a Warriors game before, but it seems like it could be a possibility. 

That could be unique, if so I'm choosing Male Robin and Female Corrin because I like those two better then their alternatives. The question is which of the two "lords" do I choose, since I like neither of them so far.

I saw this comment earlier about Cordelia being in possibly replacing Caeda, that I think is a wild assumption, as they could both be in but have different styles which could be reflected as two different types of being a pegasus knight from two different eras. Also they could give Caeda a sword to use since all her designs have it and heroes made her use it, though I prefer the wing spear come back.

To express my feelings on Cordelia, allow me to pull an official quote from my boy Valbar:

"Ha!  Is anyone really surprised?"

I wasn't fully expecting F!Robin, though.  I do like her well enough, with design and what little differences in character there are between her and the male version (like the unique dilemma she brings when she's the wife of Chrom).  I'll opt to not get involved in debates about "roster slots" for fear of dredging up SmashFAQs nightmares yet again.

Hey it's Cordelia with some realistic anatomy

Spoiler

^lazy editing 

Glad she keeps her Pegasus and isn't just made a foot unit. Hopefully the whitewings and Caeda will make it in or anyone in Akaneia besides Marth

This brings the roster to 14:

1. 7 Sword Infantry (Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, F!Corrin, Ryoma) not counting Darios
    1 Sword Cavalry (Xander)
  2. 1 Axe Infantry (Lissa)
    1 Axe Cavalry (Frederick)
  3. 1 Lance Flier (Cordelia)
  4. 2 Tome Infantry (M!Robin, F!Robin)
  5. 1 Breath (Tiki)

Another disappointment. This is shaping up to be Awakening 3D featuring Marth and the Fates royals. So much for being a celebration of the series like Treehouse claimed.

...Yeah, I'm going to be honest. There are pegasus knights and I'm not feeling it. I just...

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see Cordelia in action, but any small hope I had of buying this game (keep in mind I don't have and am not in a position to get a Switch anyway) is probably gone.

Dang it... I was looking forward to it, too.

24 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Another disappointment. This is shaping up to be Awakening 3D featuring Marth and the Fates royals. So much for being a celebration of the series like Treehouse claimed.

Yeah, I do have to agree that it's kind of dumb that a big majority of the cast right now is from Awakening. That's not really a celebration of the series, that's Awakening pandering.

But I'm still believing that more Fates reps are on the way as well as more Shadow Dragon ones.

23 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see Cordelia in action, but any small hope I had of buying this game (keep in mind I don't have and am not in a position to get a Switch anyway) is probably gone.

Yeah, the Switch is a big wallet hit, no matter which way you slice it. I recently bought one and the aftermath wasn't a happy one. Still glad I bought it, as Zelda BotW is awesome, and I just got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (which I am enjoying as well).

My favorite part of it are the Joycons, because they're bluetooth controllers and I can connect them to my laptop to play games with until the Switch actually starts getting some big hitters. Pro controller is also very good.

41 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

This brings the roster to 14:

1. 7 Sword Infantry (Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, F!Corrin, Ryoma) not counting Darios
    1 Sword Cavalry (Xander)
  2. 1 Axe Infantry (Lissa)
    1 Axe Cavalry (Frederick)
  3. 1 Lance Flier (Cordelia)
  4. 2 Tome Infantry (M!Robin, F!Robin)
  5. 1 Breath (Tiki)

too many sword fighters

man, am I getting Smash 4 Flashbacks

What why no Caeda, one of the whitewings or heck even Minerva as a pegasusknight. Awakening has alredy too many characters.

Well if you excuse I'll go to Japan to burn Koei Tecmo offices see you in 20 years when i got out of Jail.