Cordelia and F!Robin comfirmed for Warriors from Famitsu Preview

Azz

52 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Another disappointment. This is shaping up to be Awakening 3D featuring Marth and the Fates royals. So much for being a celebration of the series like Treehouse claimed.

It's shaping up to be a case of  'The game's not out yet and people were saying the same damn thing at E3 about Fates characters'. This is the same crap that people were winging and whining about for Hyrule Warriors...

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I do have to agree that it's kind of dumb that a big majority of the cast right now is from Awakening. That's not really a celebration of the series, that's Awakening pandering.

But I'm still believing that more Fates reps are on the way as well as more Shadow Dragon ones.

Or they're doing announcements in thematic blocks and it just so happens to be Awakening's turn.

6 minutes ago, linkhuesitos said:

What why no Caeda, one of the whitewings or heck even Minerva as a pegasusknight. Awakening has alredy too many characters.

Well if you excuse I'll go to Japan to burn Koei Tecmo offices see you in 20 years when i got out of Jail.

So your plan is to cause property damage and delay the game that may or may not have any of the characters you just mentioned? great plan, really.

It never fails to amuse me how riled up this fandom gets every-time news comes out for Warriors or Heroes that's focused on the two/three entries that are actually in the popular public eye...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DIO said:

Or they're doing announcements in thematic blocks and it just so happens to be Awakening's turn.

Like I said, I still believe more Fates and SD characters will be in.

Yeah, I'm going to agree that this wasn't the best PR move. You say you're adding two Awakening characters, and don't say anything else.

You don't explain whether F!Robin is a costume or totally distinct moveset from M!Robin, the former is fine and good, but the latter reeks of totally unnecessary favoritism.

Cordelia isn't a bad choice, better than Sumia, easier to show off than the Whitewings, but the problem is we've only been seeing Awakening chars so far. Had she come after a bunch non-Awakening related characters, it wouldn't be such an issue. 

I never really followed HW as that game was being revealed, so I can't use that as solace/a comparison. But regardless of how HW happened, KT/IS could handle this better. All they're doing right now is sowing unnecessary bitterness among some fans by not displaying a more sensitive handling of FEW's reveal.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I'm going to agree that this wasn't the best PR move. You say you're adding two Awakening characters, and don't say anything else.

You don't explain whether F!Robin is a costume or totally distinct moveset from M!Robin, the former is fine and good, but the latter reeks of totally unnecessary favoritism.

Cordelia isn't a bad choice, better than Sumia, easier to show off than the Whitewings, but the problem is we've only been seeing Awakening chars so far. Had she come after a bunch non-Awakening related characters, it wouldn't be such an issue. 

I never really followed HW as that game was being revealed, so I can't use that as solace/a comparison. But regardless of how HW happened, KT/IS could handle this better. All they're doing right now is sowing unnecessary bitterness among some fans by not displaying a more sensitive handling of FEW's reveal.

It's drip-fed information; par for the course for games. the fact they chose to make those 'drips' thematically linked as far as timing goes is arguably the smarter choice, even if you've got people complaining about what they've gotten so far as information. I doubt that stretching it out would actually change the reaction, especially for Fire Emblem fans that are still focused on being pouty that the earlier games aren't being focused on. It's not about being 'sensitive' (whatever the heck that entails here); it's about keeping up interest.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Famitsu article isn't out yet, it's possible all that could be explained once we get the full thing tomorrow.

Just now, BlizzardWolf95 said:

The Famitsu article isn't out yet, it's possible all that could be explained once we get the full thing tomorrow.

Didn't notice that, shouldn't have cast a premature judgement then. I was just kinda rushing to get my word out before the topic's heat died down/what I was saying would be total rehash of others' words.

27 minutes ago, DIO said:

It's shaping up to be a case of  'The game's not out yet and people were saying the same damn thing at E3 about Fates characters'. This is the same crap that people were winging and whining about for Hyrule Warriors...

So your plan is to cause property damage and delay the game that may or may not have any of the characters you just mentioned? great plan, really.

It never fails to amuse me how riled up this fandom gets every-time news comes out for Warriors or Heroes that's focused on the two/three entries that are actually in the popular public eye...

Take it easy man that was only a joke. Try to be like Elise just enjoy what's happening. (laugh about what the really upset are writing)

I know that there's nothing we can do, We all know that this game is Japan oriented and in Japan Cordelia is very popular she was the obvious choice.

P.D.I am Beruka like "meh I'll buy it on the release day at end"

5934921+_3f3ea289925098fffae1b69a02d3ef99.jpg

If Female Robin is in, this pretty much confirms Male Corrin as well. 

Also, I am almost positive that this has to be a costume change, due to the fact that both genders of Robin would have to be the exact same fighting style. This isn't like Heroes where they can be given different weapons. Robin's female self would have the exact same move style since they are the same person. 

Now I'm interested in seeing how the Pegasus Knights fights. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If Female Robin is in, this pretty much confirms Male Corrin as well. 

Also, I am almost positive that this has to be a costume change, due to the fact that both genders of Robin would have to be the exact same fighting style. This isn't like Heroes where they can be given different weapons. Robin's female self would have the exact same move style since they are the same person. 

Now I'm interested in seeing how the Pegasus Knights fights. 

Not exactly the same person.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Not exactly the same person.

But they are the same person. Just different genders. Female Robin is a costume, I'm pretty sure. Leaves room for an actual different character.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they are the same person. Just different genders. Female Robin is a costume, I'm pretty sure. Leaves room for an actual different character.

They are different enough. Besides, if I met an alternate gender version of myself, it wouldn't be me.

And I give you the clone argument. They take minimal effort and don't take any "slots."

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

They are different enough. Besides, if I met an alternate gender version of myself, it wouldn't be me.

And I give you the clone argument. They take minimal effort and don't take any "slots."

It's still an alternate version of you, therefore it is you.

They are not different enough. They both have the Levin Sword and the same tomes, there is no reason to make them different. Heroes is a different case because it did make the Robins and Corrins separate characters for the reason that it's a mobile game where everyone just has one weapon (one kind of tome, one kind of sword, etc. The Robins can use multiple tomes AND the Levin Sword in Warriors, it looks like). It's better if they both shared the same "slot."

Also, you were initially complaining about Lucina being too cloney. So why should female Robin be a clone and Lucina not be one? Oh yeah, you hate female Robin and love Lucina.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they are the same person. Just different genders.

Not Exactly means Exactly that. Perhaps they might as well be the same person (But just perhaps, they'll do what they want with differenting the characters and I already posted the possibility and the feeling I get from seeing two Robins)  but exact dosen't lose it's meaning. 

Related but separate I also don't get how they can't be seen as being given different weapons when Heroes' differences for the Robins are to my understanding pretty much purely statistical. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's still an alternate version of you, therefore it is you.

They are not different enough. They both have the Levin Sword and the same tomes, there is no reason to make them different. Heroes is a different case because it did make the Robins and Corrins separate characters for the reason that it's a mobile game where everyone just has one weapon (one kind of tome, one kind of sword, etc. The Robins can use multiple tomes AND the Levin Sword in Warriors, it looks like). It's better if they both shared the same "slot."

Also, you were initially complaining about Lucina being too cloney. So why should female Robin be a clone and Lucina not be one? Oh yeah, you hate female Robin and love Lucina.

Calm down. I don't like her, but I don't hate her. I think she could be unique, but doubt that's the case.

And, no, it would not be me. It would be someone else like me.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Calm down. I don't like her, but I don't hate her. I think she could be unique, but doubt that's the case.

Guess we just agree to disagree again.

3 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Related but separate I also don't get how they can't be seen as being given different weapons when Heroes' differences for the Robins are to my understanding pretty much purely statistical. 

Because even with different weapons, they'd still function essentially the same since both are magic and sword wielders? Female Robin's stats wouldn't be any different either.

Also, why is male Robin pictured under her if she's not just a costume? If she were her own character, I don't think he'd have a reason to be shown there.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because even with different weapons, they'd still function essentially the same since both are magic and sword wielders?

Female Robin's stats wouldn't be any different either.

Also, why is male Robin pictured under her if she's not just a costume? If she were her own character, I don't think he'd have a reason to be shown there.

Why?

Why?

And your basic argument applies. 

2 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

Why?

Why?

And your basic argument applies. 

I just said? Both are the same person that uses magic and swords. There's no reason to make them separate when it'd be easiest to make female Robin a costume.

I just said? Same person? Their stats are even pretty much identical in Heroes too.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia in the first place. She has her fans, so I can accept her inclusion, but considering that Caeda is literally the second character that comes to mind from Archanea and has a signature lance (although I guess they could send her down the sword route because Heroes?????) I'm not really sure what she adds.

If female Robin is an alternate appearance, then great, that makes sense. While I wouldn't really mind sacrificing her if it means male Corrin's awful design ceases to exist, she never did anything wrong and I bear no ill will against her. If, on the other hand, she's being portrayed as another character... well, that's pretty much padding in its purest form, and I'm not really sure how anyone can defend it. They're literally the same character except for their anatomy, sexuality, and supports with Chrom/Lon'qu, of which none are remotely important in a game involving fighting.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

but if she could be still unique then why not just use morgan or celica or mae or sonya or delthea or christ just have some fun with owain and make him a fe13 dread fighter to reference both of his classes at once

robin is nowhere near interesting enough to need to be on the roster twice compared to what literally any other character with his/her weapon combination would provide

Edited by Iridium
it's not technically a fighting game, but i'm not properly sure how to refer to a musou game other than a musou game

If it's not an alternate costume, it'll be interesting seeing Robin and Robin bond conversation. That doesn't mean I'm 100% happy about her. I hope she doesn't take away a mage slot. As long as she has a playstyle different enough from M!Robin, then I'm good.

Cordelia is a neat pick. Still want Catria tho. :[

Edited by KongDude

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just said? Both are the same person that uses magic and swords. There's no reason to make them separate when it'd be easiest to make female Robin a costume.

I just said? Same person? Their stats are even pretty much identical in Heroes too.

I see I got your argument down. Not sure what to add besides a reiteration of asking why that trump card dosen't apply to your third point and a reiteration of asking for anything more on how and why that matters here. (Also I wasn't replying just to you so yeah that's something to consider on the subject of heroes not differing their weapons that much either.) 

Also there's almost always a reason for anything, especially when you don't have the whole picture. Again two different Robins have possibilities that can and has been used. 

Edited by goodperson707

5 minutes ago, Iridium said:

I'm not a huge fan of Cordelia in the first place. She has her fans, so I can accept her inclusion, but considering that Caeda is literally the second character that comes to mind from Archanea and has a signature lance (although I guess they could send her down the sword route because Heroes?????) I'm not really sure what she adds.

If female Robin is an alternate appearance, then great, that makes sense. While I wouldn't really mind sacrificing her if it means male Corrin's awful design ceases to exist, she never did anything wrong and I bear no ill will against her. If, on the other hand, she's being portrayed as another character... well, that's pretty much padding in its purest form, and I'm not really sure how anyone can defend it. They're literally the same character except for their anatomy, sexuality, and supports with Chrom/Lon'qu, of which none are remotely important in a game involving fighting.

HW had staggered reveals, focusing first on the OCs then moving on game by game.
PKs could use swords as well as lances in FE1 (with Caeda starting only with an iron sword).

I also fail to see the issues with M!Corrin's design-- I'm entirely apathetic towards it.